Till The End | h.p

By gryffinelle

The Chosen One and the most powerful witch of all time battle their shared darkness till the end... maybe eve... More

A/N
• the sorcerer's stone •
the beginning
diagon alley
the hogwarts express
the sorting ceremony
potions
remembrall
third floor
nightmares
astronomy tower
wingardium leviosa
troll in the dungeon
quidditch
fluffy
wizard's chess
the restricted section
a dragon egg
the forbidden forest
making plans
devil's snare
trials & tribulations
the stone
never better
house cup
goodbye for now
• chamber of secrets •
rescue mission
the weasley's
car + willow
montclair
lockhart
eat slugs
the chamber has been opened
the monster
broken bones
moaning myrtle
parseltongue
have your back
as snow falls
polyjuice potion
talking to ghosts
a break in
petrified
solved case
fate
always
• prisoner of azkaban •
leaky cauldron
escaped prisoner
buckbeak
sighting
defense against the dark arts
a boggart
dark vs. light
sirius black
werewolves
banshee
marauder's map
father
christmas
dementors
love story
death sentence
the truth
full moon
time turner
innocent
firebolt
• goblet of fire •
summer of our lives
fireworks
quidditch world cup
cursed
support
triwizard tournament
auror
champions
tethered soul
crashing
the one
first task
presents
practice makes perfect
birthday
yule ball
finally
graveyard
honor & loyalty
• order of the phoenix •
grimmauld place
her boys
good ole days
different
cruelty
luna
miracles
waiting for war
dumbledore's army
malfoy
torn apart
wait for you
a storm
patience
the twins
owls
prophecy
lost it all
destiny
together
• half blood prince •
dream or reality
slughorn
joy
weasley's wizarding wheezes
death eater
save you
dean and cormac
replaced potions
not a chance
dinner party
assault
got you
still my girl
safe now
attack on the burrow
save someone
amortentia
young love
forgiveness
liquid luck
home isn't home anymore
the beginning of the end
• deathly hallows part one •
pickup
battle for the sky
the wedding
back home
kreacher
secrets
revenge
retrieval
indestructible
falling apart
dancing again
godric's hollow
coming together
lovegood
malfoy manor
• deathly hallows part two •
shell cottage
unknown future
gringotts
returning
warriors
battle of hogwarts
death is only the beginning
this is war
till the end
and after that
forever, in every life.

abilities

2K 55 4
By gryffinelle

The next morning they all wake up and gather in the kitchen. It's the day of Harry's hearing at the Ministry so they're all wishing him luck. Molly pulls Sam aside and apologizes profusely for the night before, but Sam simply assures her that she understands and she isn't angry. She watches as Harry doesn't really make eye contact with anyone and nods at every sentence. She reaches for his hand and pulls him into the hall before he has to leave.

"I'm fine, really," He says absentmindedly.

"You can't lie to me, I know you're not."

He stares elsewhere as if there is something deeper on his mind. She knows that asking him about it isn't what he needs right now, so she turns his head to look at her.

"Close your eyes," she whispers.

As he does she places her hands on either side of his face and lets waves of peace flow from her to him. As she lets go, he opens his eyes and stares into hers, feeling much more relaxed. He hasn't really looked at her, truly looked at her, since he arrived and now that he has, he realizes how much he's missed her.

"Better?" She asks with a smile.

He leans in slowly and kisses her for the first time in months. As he pulls away she smiles with content.

"Much," he notes before being pulled out of the door by Arthur.

Hermione steps up from behind her, "Can I join in on your practice today?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Here, follow me."

Sam and Hermione enter the drawing room to find all the furniture being moved to the side by Sirius, Ron, Fred and George.

"Alright, not everyone gets to join today," Sam alerts.

Ron stops pushing the chairs, "But there's nothing else to do!"

"Oh, I don't know, Ronniekins. You could start packing things for school now that Molly is out getting the things we all need. Or you could help Fred and George come up with new ideas-"

"You could clean up the place," Sirius chuckles.

"Fine, fine," Ron huffs as the twins pull him out of the room.

Sam stands in the middle of the room as Hermione stands by the door.

"Where would you like to start, darling?" Sirius asks.

"Um... the scream. I want to use it as a defense not as an alarm clock."

Hermione sniggers and Sirius lets out a loud laugh, "Okay. Well first we need to talk about it. Here, Hermione, come sit."

They all sit momentarily on the floor as Sirius begins, "Now, Banshees are very instinctual beings. They scream to alert of death and as a defense, but you, my girl, are a Banshee witch. They are very different. If it truly bothers you, you can control the premonitions all together with a potion. You won't be able to sense death which means you won't have to scream as an 'alarm clock'," he mocks lightly and they chuckle, "But you can still scream as a defense. I know it may seem like sensing death is a bonus in certain times, but I assure you it's not. Just because you can sense when someone is about to die, doesn't mean you can stop it. Do remember that. It's better to not know then to beat yourself down for not being able to change the course of events."

Sam nods slowly and Sirius continues, "Using it as a proper defense is very tricky. As you know, you can give your scream a target, but from what I hear you still caused a few others to pass out."

Sam looks down sheepishly, "But I still saved Harry."

He grabs both of her hands and shakes them lightly, "And that's incredible! You did it with only sheer force of will. Now, imagine how much stronger you'll be with training."

She nods and they all stand, "Let me grab a few things and we can start out small."

Sam and Hermione wait until Sirius comes back with several sets of earmuffs and the boys.

"Well, why are they needed?" Sam asks.

"Ouch, little S," Fred mocks with his hand over his heart.

"We're here for incentive," George remarks with a smile.

"So, please don't kill us," Ron pleads.

Sirius rolls his eyes as he hands each of them a pair of ear muffs. He closes the door and enchants the room heavily so that no sound can escape.

"Eventually, you will be able to do this without others wearing-"

"These ghastly things?" Fred looks disgustingly at the ear muffs.

Sam stifles a laugh and Sirius shoots him a playful glare, "Yes, these things," he turns back to look at her, "Eventually you will be able to cast your own type of protection while using your scream, but for now these ghastly things will keep everyone alive."

Fred holds up his hands in defense, "Fine, fine."

"Now," Sirius continues, "You must use your hands to give it direction. Push the sound waves towards your target. The intensity of your scream will determine what happens. Your scream can range from shattering glass to killing someone, so remember that you are NOT intending to kill anyone in this house."

She points to her friends, "Incentive, right?"

He nods with a reassuring smile. He removes everything from the mantlepiece and places a glass jar on top, "I want you to crack the glass, not break or shatter, simply crack."

She looks at him incredulously, "But I don't know how-"

"Look at your friends, yes?" Sirius crouches to her level as she looks at her friends, "If that glass shatters the shards will hit them. If your scream is too intense they could die."

Her mouth drops, "How can you put them in danger like-"

He places his hands on both sides of her face, "Because you're my daughter and I know that love will guide you."

She glances at her friends frantically. Hermione and Ron give a reassuring smile, but she can see that tiny bit of worry in their eyes. Fred and George give her a thumbs up and a grin as if they have no cares in the world.

She turns back to Sirius, "Okay... okay, I can do this."

"Good girl, remember to lower the intensity and use your hands to guide it."

She nods and Sirius indicates to the others to put on their ear muffs. Sam takes a deep breath as her heart races tremendously. She looks at the glass and then closes her eyes. 'Crack the glass, only crack it. Don't hurt them,' she thinks to herself, clearing her mind of everything else. She opens her eyes again and opens her hands as she pulls them close to her face. She takes in a deep breath and as she lets out the air she screams. She pushes her hands out towards the glass and focuses on her intention behind it.

The glass cracks and she stops, letting her hands fall to her sides. She turns to the others and grins with accomplishment. Sirius is the first to tear off his ear muffs and clap his hands together in joy.

He pulls her in for a hug, "I'm so proud of you, darling."

"You did it!" Hermione gasps in glee.

"Bloody hell, that was amazing!" Ron remarks in surprise.

Fred and George lift her up onto their shoulders and parade her around the house shouting a mixture of, "She did it! We didn't die!"

She laughs loudly as Molly runs in and cheers with the others. She turns to look at Sirius who smiles brightly at her. She's never felt so proud of herself before. Suddenly Arthur and Harry walk into the room.

"What's all the commotion?" Arthur asks.

Sam, who is still perched on top of the twins' shoulders, announces, "I can control my scream! I didn't shatter the glass or kill anyone! I cracked it!"

Harry looks at her in pride, noticing her accomplished and happy expression. The twins set her down and Arthur gives her a hug and tells everyone that Harry is not expelled. Sam pulls him in for a hug.

"Thank Godric," she says as she pulls away.

"I wish I could've been here to see it," Harry nods towards the cracked glass jar.

"Maybe later," she winks and he chuckles quietly.

Hermione pulls him in for a hug and Ron pats him on the shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610 38 27
-this story is not finished but I lost motivation to keep writing, sorry- Ali Sanders is doing perfectly fine without a lover, but once Draco Malfoy...
6.5K 168 22
Following the war...long after her friends had married and went off to live their own lives...Y/N, a Ravenclaw and close friend of Harry's, returned...
2.6K 14 40
Everybody is shocked when Olivia arrives at Hogwarts during the 5th year. No one seems to know anything about her, except Dumbledore. And many want t...
1.9K 92 10
Amongst the darkness there was always light, the light guides us to a brighter future. Her light is gone. Audrey is facing the trauma of last year'...