Maybe I Was Wrong (Teen Wolf:...

By hopeisreal

Grace Arian is tough. At least, that's what she likes to think. After losing both of her parents when she was... More

Maybe I Was Wrong (Teen Wolf: Stiles Stilinski)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Another Author's Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note (Exam break)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Happy holidays!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Note
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
A One-Sentence Update
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 8

3.1K 98 2
By hopeisreal

It makes so much sense.

The incredible sports abilities. The fast and elegant movements. The superhuman hearing on our first day of school, when he gave Allison his pen. And now the transformation, the full moon as a catalyst, forcing him to abandon his human intuitions. 

Forcing Scott to turn.

"Fuck, fuck," I run to Allison's car, swinging the door open before I see her in the rear view mirror. She looks a bit dazed, and my hands ball into fists when I see Derek Hale approaching her. I look back and take a few tenths of a second to decide what to do. Stiles chasing his werewolf friend is my rock, Allison being alone with Derek my hard place. And I'm stuck.

"You lucky bastard," I mutter, directed at Derek, before stepping in the car and racing in the direction I saw Scott and Stiles go. I assume Scott's going to his house, and Allison has told me where he lives so I must be able to find at least the street he lives in. I reach over with my right hand to get my phone out of my bag, when I'm suddenly fumbling with the gun I put in there. Why did I bring a handgun to a high school party? Don't ask. I put the gun in my pocket and hope fiercely that I won't have to use it. I don't like unnecessary victims.

"Shit," I breathe when I almost lose control of the wheel, the car swaying across the road until I have it under control. I reach my arm out again because I need to call Stiles. I manage to get my phone and press his name in my contacts.

"Grace?" he answers after a while.

"Stiles, Stiles, do not follow him inside, do you hear me?"

"Wha- How-"

"You don't know what's happening to him. He's changing. Do not go inside with him."

There's a small pause before he speaks again.
"How do you know that," he asks.

"No time. Is he driving to his house?"

"I- I think so," he answers.

"Shit- Are his parents home? Does he have siblings?" I shout, panick rising inside of me.

"No, no, if his mom's doing a night shift, nobody's home," he says.

"Good. I think I'm catching up to you. Listen to me, when he gets into his house, wait outside until I get there. Okay? Wait. Outside," I say loud and clear.

"I want to help him," he says.

"He wants to kill you," I answer.

"I still don't understand how you know all this," he says.

"Shut up. Are you almost there?"

"Yes. But why are you following us? And how do you think you can help?" he asks.

"We're gonna have to stop him from killing. Keep him inside. As far as I know, it's impossible," I say.

"That's not even an.... ugh, okay, he's stopped the car at his house."

"Okay, stay there. How does he look?"

"Like he's having a panic attack. Oh, I need to- I can help him, I'll be careful," Stiles rambles.

"No, Stiles, I'm almost there-" He ends the call before I can finish.

"Stiles!" I yell, throwing the phone away.

It's only a matter of seconds now. And it feels like no matter what I do, I'm gonna get blood on my hands either way.

Luckily I spot Stiles' jeep in front of Scott's house, and I storm inside with the gun in my hands.

"Scott, it's me! Let me in Scott, I can help," I hear Stiles upstairs. Scott locked himself in? Seems like we might get lucky.

"No, listen, you've got to find Allison," Scott answers, his voice rough and not like himself.

Allison. What if she's really in danger? Fuck.

"She's fine. Someone got her out of the party, she's totally fine," Stiles answers as I get up the stairs.

"I think I know who it is."

"Let me in. We can try... Grace? Grace- what the fuck-" I put my gun away really quickly and force Stiles away from the door, push him against the wall with probably a little too much power, get him the furthest possible away from Scott.

"Stay here. Or get out," I say.

"Why the fuck do you have-" Stiles gets cut off by Scott.

"It's Derek Hale!" My head whips around to the sound of his voice.
"Derek Hale is a werewolf. He's the one who bit me, he's the one that killed that girl in the woods." Scott says, and I can feel him losing control.

But Derek isn't an alpha, so he couldn't have bit Scott...

"But that isn't-" I begin, but Stiles interrupts me.

"Scott... Derek's the one who drove Allison from the party," Stiles says, and I almost hit him.

"You're riling him up!" I whisper angrily. Then I make my way to the door in front of Scott.

"Scott, listen to me, there is NO reason to panic. Stay calm and lock the doors, the windows-" I say.

There are some noises followed by a thump, and then it's silent.

"Scott! Shit, shit, we can't have a rogue one on the loose, holy shit," I mutter while running down the stairs. I get outside just in time to see Scott run off into the woods.

"Okay, first we're going to check up on Allison, next we find Scott. I'll drive first, you follow me," I say, looking at Stiles behind me. He's motionless.
"Stiles! Get in your car," I shout, stepping into mine.

We drive to my house and I knock on the door, realising I didn't bring a key with me. Victoria opens the door.

"Aunt! Is Allison home? Can you get her for me?" I ask. Suddenly I curse myself for not having called Allison first. Victoria looks at me and then at Stiles who is approaching behind me.

"Hi, Mrs. Argent... You have no idea who I am. I'm a friend of your daughter's. Look, this is gonna sound kind of crazy, uhm, really crazy, actually, you know what, crazy doesn't describe-"

"Stiles," I silence him.

"Allison, it's for you," Victoria shouts.

Allison appears on top of the stairs.

"Allison! Hi," I say, but her expression changes when she sees me. Now she looks angry, cold.

"Allison," I say, but she turns around and walks away.

"I'm sorry I left you at the party! Allison!" I shout while running up the stairs, but I stop when I hear the door to her room smack shut.
I walk back down again, but I don't see Stiles in the doorway anymore.

"Stiles?" I say, walking to the front door, when Victoria stops me quietly.

"We could've used your help tonight. The group is out and they've encountered a new one. Never seen before," she whispers. My eyes widen. I walk past her, but she stops me again.

"What are you doing?" she whispers.

Well shit. Now I can't leave the house without her seeing.

"I, uhm. I'm just gonna talk to Stiles for a bit and then come back inside," I say.

When I get out of the house, I see Stiles leaning against his jeep, staring off into the distance.

"I can't leave the house again," I say. I wait for a reaction, but he doesn't do anything.

"I can't let you go look for him on your own. He's too dangerous. You're gonna have to wait until he comes home himself and hope he won't kill anyone," I continue. Again, no answer.

"Stiles? You okay?" I ask, walking towards him.

"Oh, are you angry? Is it because I... Did I hurt you?" I ask, taking his wrists and examining them. That's when he moves his gaze and looks at me, but he still avoids my eyes. Even in the faint light shining on us from the lantern on the wall, I can see that his arms are red in some places.

"Shit, I'm sorry. But I was- I was just trying to protect you. Really, if Scott didn't lock himself in his room, he probably would've killed the both of us," I say.

That's when he looks into my eyes, just for a second, before looking away and pulling his hands out of my grasp.

"I don't know you. I don't- suddenly, you know about everything that's going on and you have a gun, I don't understand what you have to do with this," he rambles.

"I... can't tell you that. I'm sorry. But... look, please don't tell your dad about all of this. It would cause a lot of trouble, not just for me, but for Scott as well. Scott is not in a good place right now. But he'll come back. And...I was a little harsh on you. I'm sorry for that," I say.

"Would you have used the gun?" he questions.

"If I could've saved a life, yes," I answer honestly. I wait a second before repeating something.
"Stiles, don't go look for him," I say.

He just looks at me and doesn't react. It's in the way his eyes look like they're hiding something. How he's keeping quiet. I know it.

"You're gonna go look for him. Be careful," I say, knowing that trying to stop Stiles is useless.

He gets into his car and leaves. Leaves me wondering if he hates me now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
170K 17.7K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
6.1M 98.9K 104
>「𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘰 𝘌𝘳𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 」 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑. Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoh...
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...