Jolayemi

By Dharmiebae

Jolayemi Jabita, a soon-to-be-16 year old girl, who was definitely not a child has had it rough. She had been... More

The Prologue
Chapter 1: The New Dawn
Chapter 2: The New Girl
Chapter 3: The Other Twin
Chapter 4: The New Uniform
Chapter 5: The Weekends
Chapter 6: The Introductions
Chapter 7: The Invitation
Chapter 8: The Project
Chapter 9: The Party
Chapter 10: The Shack
Chapter 11: The Confrontation
Chapter 12: The Plan
Chapter 13: The Sleepover I
Chapter 14: The Sleepover II
Chapter 15: The Sleepover III
Chapter 16: The Outing
Chapter 17: The Controversy
Chapter 18: The Cry For Help
Chapter 19: The Truckload Of Regret
Chapter 21: The Consequences
Chapter 20: The Mistake
Chapter 23: The Family Dinner
Chapter 24: The Move In
Chapter 25: The Presentation
Chapter 26: The Letter B
Chapter 29: The Big News
Chapter 27: The Uno Reverse Card
Chapter 28: The Study Session
Chapter 30: The House Guest
Chapter 31: The Talk
Chapter 32: The Fuck Up
Chapter 33: The History
Chapter 34: The Office Visit
Chapter 35: The Perfect Dress
Chapter 36: The Camping Trip
Chapter 37: The Flag
Chapter 38: The Indoor Games
Chapter 39: The Reconciliation
Chapter 40: The Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 41: The Lobby Fight
Chapter 42:The Relationship Problems
Chapter 43: The Confession
Chapter 44: The First Date
Chapter 45: The Birthday Present
Chapter 46: The Cabin
Chapter 47: The Christmas Eve
Chapter 48: The Pain
Chapter 49: The Miracle
Chapter 50: The Déjà Vu
Chapter 51: The Memories
Epilogue
Update

Chapter 22: The Celebration

32 9 0
By Dharmiebae

It was Saturday, and as I laid down on my bed, my heart broken and shattered, I cried. Since Gabriel and Blair had kissed in front of me, you'd think it would stop there. But it didn't, apparently Gabriel was dating Blair, and they were always kissing anytime I walked past them, or looked up and saw them. Gabriel had ignored me every time I tried to talk to him. Gabby was shocked at Gabriel's actions to say the least and promised me she'd talk to him. It hadn't worked, cause the next day I had seen them kiss, and worse Gabriel had grabbed her butt in the midst of their make out. I'd gone to the toilet to bawl my eyes out.

Jer was there for me, always shielding me from seeing them, and he tried to make me laugh. It hadn't work, because I was sad and heartbroken. Though I'd had lunch and classes with them, I didn't talk much and they understood. It was just too much, seeing Gabriel kiss Blair, holding hands with her, just like he'd done with me and I wondered yet again what went wrong. I stared at the ceiling, completely drained of energy.

J entered the room without knocking, and sat down beside me, smirking. "What, no comeback at your lack of privacy?", she smiled. I glanced at her, before turning back to the ceiling. Her face changed as she stared at me. "What's wrong J?", she asked, concerned. A tear dropped and rolled down my check, before falling on the covers. J looked at me, alarmed. "J, what's wrong with you?", she asked. It was the push I needed to burst into tears like I'd done many times that week.

J cradled me as I cried, and she whispered soft words to me. Dare was right all along, I shouldn't have fallen in love, it was just plain stupid, and all I got from it was an heartbreak. "Ssh, its okay. I'm here now, pour it all out", J said softly. We stayed like that for some minutes, and after it felt like I'd exhausted all the water in my glands, I wiped my eyes. J stared at me, scared I'd cry again, and I offered her a little smile. "I'm fine now", I said. "No, you are not", she said. I shrugged. "What happened?", she asked softly. So I told her exactly what happened. The kiss with Jer, how he'd told me he liked me, Gabriel basically breaking up with me by dating Blair, I told her everything.

"He did what?", J asked. "He kissed her, right in front of me. They are dating now, I think", I said, sadly. "Why would he do that to you?", she asked. I shrugged, I didn't know that either. "Ugh, he better not show his face here, or I'm gonna kill him", she said. I smiled, and I patted her hand. "I'm fine, I'll be fine", I said. She sighed. "How about Jer?. What's going on with the both of you?", she asked. "Nothing, we are just friends. I explained that to him already, but he claims I love him too", I said. "Do you?", she asked. "No, I mean, I don't know", I sighed, as I lied down, and resumed staring at the ceiling.

J sighed, before joining me to look at the ceiling. "David and I had a huge fight", she confided. "What? Why?", I asked. "He has this best friend who's a girl. And to be honest, I don't feel that comfortable seeing her all hung up on him", she said. I inclined my head. "What do you mean, hung up on him?", I asked. "I mean, I trust David, but I don't trust her. David doesn't see it, but I do. She likes him, I think she has for a while now before I even came along. She's always wanting to tag with us on our dates, and doesn't give us an ounce of privacy", she explained.

"So why don't you tell him about it?", I asked. "I did. He didn't believe me, he thought I was making it all up, hence the fight", she said. "Then, why don't you make him see what you're seeing?", I offered. "Hmm, hadn't thought of it like that", she said. "How come you are all so smart and wise?", she teased. "I took after my big sister", I said. She hugged me. "I love you, J", she said. "I love you too", I replied as I hugged her harder. "Can't breathe", she wheezed. I released her immediately. "Sorry", I said. She smiled. "Sometimes, I forget how strong you are", she replied.

"Jolayemi", Mum screeched. I smiled, I'd missed her wake up call, and I groaned as I got up. J laughed at me, before getting comfortable on the bed, as I moved to answer Mum. "Jecintha", Mum bawled. J groaned, before hitting the bed, and scowled. I laughed at her, like she had when my name was called, and she glared at me. "Its not funny. Thank God I'm going to school in two days time", she said. I stopped laughing. "Don't remind me, what am I going to do without you?", I said, frowning. I really was going to miss them a lot.

"I know you both aren't deaf, come here now", Mum said. "We are coming", J called out. "Let's go before she hauls our asses", I nodded at her. A quick glance into Dare's room told me he wasn't there. I went downstairs, and everyone was gathered in the living room, with Mum glaring at J and I. "What took you so long to answer ehn?", Mum asked. I looked down. "Sorry Mum", I said. I went to hug dad, and he kissed my forehead. "Good morning Dad", I said. They'd both come back from their business trip the day before, and they'd won the contract they were aiming for. I was very proud of them, they inspired me a lot. "Did you sleep well?", he asked. "Yeah", I lied. "What's going on?", I asked.

"We have something to tell you guys", he said. Mum cleared her throat as she stared at her husband, who smiled and raised his hands in mock surrender as if saying 'Go on, you're the boss'. Mum nodded, before turning to us. "As you all know, your Dad and I won the contract we went for, it wasn't an easy task, I can assure you because a lot of people were after it but we succeeded based on hard work", she said, staring at each of us in the eyes.

"And now that that's over with, we are going to celebrate it, especially since you both are leaving for school in two days time. So, we are going to have a family dinner, and we've invited some of our friends over", Dad added. I frowned. "I didn't know you guys had friends", I said. "Ouch", Dad said, feigning hurt. Mum smiled, before saying. "We were college friends, all six of us and we hadn't seen each other until your Dad and I went for the business trip. Turns out, they were also there for for business deals. I was shocked to see them, and we exchanged contact, so they are gonna be here for dinner to celebrate with us", Mum explained.

I groaned. I was proud of my parents, yes, but I was in no mood for celebration. "So, that means I'm going to need everyone's help to arrange the house, and cook the food", Mum said. Great, more work. "Dad, Dare, you all are in charge of grilling the barbecue, mowing the lawn, and getting the house ready", Mum instructed. "The girls are with me", she added. I glanced at Dare, who frowned but didn't say anything. I knew what he was concerned about. The thought of him getting dirty didn't appeal to him at all, but he dared not argue with the boss. "We good?", Mum asked everyone. "Yes", everyone echoed. "Alright then. To your stations", she said.

I sighed, as I went to grab my hair net. Mum was muttering to herself, as she brought out pans, and pots out of the cabinets. You'd think we were cooking for the President's arrival the way Mum was nervous, and sorting out recipes. J and I shared a look, as we stared at Mum. "Tonight has to be special. It'll be the first time I see my friends after 20 years", she muttered. I'd seen Mum angry, sad, happy, but since I'd known her, I had never seen her so nervous.

"Mum, Mum, everything would be okay. Take a deep breath, yeah, that's it. Breathe it, and out. In, out", I instructed. She smiled. "I'm sorry, I'm a little bit nervous", she said. "Nothing would go wrong and I'm sure everything would be perfect. Are you forgetting you're you?", I teased. She laughed. "No, I haven't forgotten", she hugged me. "Thank you baby", she said. I teared up as I hugged her. J cleared her throat. "I'm here you know", she said. Mum hugged her, and smiled. "Aw, look at my girls getting together", Dad said, before coming to join us, dragging Dare who resisted. And before I knew it, we were in a group hug, and I sighed as I reveled in the feeling. This was exactly what I needed right now.

"Okay, the sentimental feeling is over. Everyone, back to work", Mum said, all business. I cleared my throat, and I heard Dare mutter "Thank goodness". "Jola, go bring the oil, meat, pasta, and spices from the cabinet, and bring it here", Mum instructed and I went to get it. It went like that for hours, and hours, and I was exhausted. Finally, thank goodness, Mum looked at me. "You girls go get ready. They are bringing their children also, and I want you to look presentable", she said. "You didn't say anything about kids", I said.

Mum stared at me. "They are bringing their kids for dinner, there I said it. Besides, who do you think all these food are for? They look around your age, so there should be no problem with you being friends with them", she said. "But, I don't wanna get ready. Can't I just wear normal clothes?", I asked. "No, you can't. You're wearing a dinner gown, I bought one for you, and one for J already", she said. "I'm sorry, dinner what?", I asked. J clapped her hands in excitement. "Where is it?", she asked. "But Mum", I protested. "You're wearing it, end of discussion. J would so your makeup", she said. I stared at her, mouth open as I glanced at her. She sighed. She knew how much I hated dressing up, and had always complained about my lack of fashion sense. It was obvious J had taken after her with that. "Please, for me?", Mum pleaded.

I stared at her in surprise. "Fine, just this once", I caved in. Mum smiled, as she nodded. "Leave it to me, when I'm done with you, you'll look magnificent", J eyed me. Oh boy, what did I just agree to?. I watched J do her makeup, bored as I scanned her room. I touched the gowns Mum had bought for both of us. J's was a white lacy gown, with trims at the waist, and a slit at both sides. I stared at it, the gown was sexy, and I wondered what Mum was thinking when she'd bought it.

I glanced at mine, it was a black floral dress which flowed freely to the legs. It came with a long glove, and a set of earrings and diamond necklace. I loved it, but I wasn't going to admit that. I'd kept up my façade about the dinner, but I'd warm up to it. It was a distraction to keep me from thinking about Gabriel, and I grasped it like a life line. "I'm done", J announced before turning to look at me. "How do I look?", she asked. "You look amazing", I said, it was true. Her makeup was light, it just accentuated her features, and she had worn fake lashes.

She wore her gown, and I gasped. It fitted her like a glove, and the slit had reached her thighs. Really, what was Mum thinking when she'd bought it? "Wow", I said. J blushed, and she glanced at herself in the mirror. "Yeah, I'm definitely keeping this", she said. "It's really pretty", I said. "Thank you", she said. "Now, time for you to wear yours", she said. "Does that mean no more makeup?", I asked. "No, you silly. You have to wear your dress first so you wouldn't smudge your dress with your makeup", she said. I nodded, and she helped me wear it. "Wow, its perfect", she said. I smiled, as I twirled. Yeah, I could work with this.

J pushed me to a chair, before turning to me. "Alright, let the master do what she wants to do", she said. I nodded, and I closed my eyes to let her work her magic on me. "Okay, open them", she said. I opened my mouth slowly, and gasped when I saw my reflection. I was stunning to say the least. J had done my hair also, she'd tied it to a bun, with tendrils of hair hanging loose. She hadn't put on much makeup on my face, but it, I was stunning. I smiled widely, and my dimples popped in my checks, teeth glistening, and I blushed. She gave me a once over, and nodded in appreciation.

"Yeah, I could win a prize for this work of art. You're welcome by the way", J said. "Thank you J", I said. She took my hand. "Now, let's go. I heard the party pulling up in the parking lot", she said. I wore my heels quickly, as I heard Mum calling me, before going downstairs. Dare was adjusting his tie when we reached there, and he stopped when he saw us. "Wow, you guys look amazing", he said. "Thank you", I said. "I did that", J beamed with pride. Dad hugged me. "Princess, you really do look like a princess", he said. "Thank you Dad", I said. Mum reached me. "You are beautiful", she kissed my cheeks. I blushed harder. "Okay, guys they are here. Look cool", she said. J and I looked at each other, and Dad kissed her. "Its okay, baby", he muttered. The door opened wide, and so did my mouth, as I stared at the visitors.

"Gabriel", I muttered.

Author's note:
Its not Sunday, but here's an update. I can't thank you all for all the love and support. It means the world to me. Dedicated to a special friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.5K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
19.7K 244 26
Katherine is a 20 year old woman struggling to make a living out of herself. She works as a prostitute with her college friend Veronica. Things take...
25.3K 133 17
Have you ever been fucked on an elevator while other people was there " I knew he wasn't looking for an answer because he already knew it was no. He...
7.4M 207K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...