Conflicted

Por batmantho

One day while he visits one of his family's country-clubs, he meets her. Mais

↬Notes and Copyright↫
➸one
➸two
➸three
➸four
➸five
➸six
➸seven
➸eight
➸nine
➸ten
➸eleven
➸twelve
➸thirteen
➸fourteen
➸fifteen
➸sixteen
➸seventeen
➸eighteen
➸nineteen
➸twenty
➸twenty-one
➸twenty-two
➸twenty-three
➸twenty-four
➸twenty-five
➸twenty-six
➸twenty-eight
➸twenty-nine
➸thirty
➸thirty-one
➸thirty-two
➸thirty-three
➸thirty-four
➸thirty-five
➸thirty-six
➸thirty-seven
➸thirty-eight

➸twenty-seven

3.7K 117 12
Por batmantho

“Skylar, we’re going to be late.” I heard Zayn yell. I frowned and rolled out of the bed, sleepily dragging a hand through my hair. I’m so tired. I hardly got any sleep after Zayn told me he loves me. I was in too much in shock to sleep.

I turned the shower water on and stepped inside, closing my eyes. I washed my hair and body, letting the water wake me up. I stepped out, hurrying to get dressed.

Half an hour later, I was just about ready. I held a pair of heels in my hand and made my way to the front door. Zayn stood there, with his back facing me. I snuck up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He turned around, looking me up and down before smiling.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked.

I nodded, using him as support while I put the heels on. He opened the door, allowing me to walk out first. “Can I drive?” I asked, although I already knew the answer. “No.”

I started pouting, scrunching my face up. “The answer is still no.” He snickered. I huffed in annoyance and got inside of the car. The engine roared to life and I glanced down at the time on my phone. “Please tell me the time on my phone isn’t right.”

“It is correct.” Zayn shrugged, driving onto the main road. “You made me think we were going to be late. I don’t have to be at work for another two hours.” I whined.

“We would have been. It takes an hour to get there with traffic.”

“I could still be asleep right now.” I grumbled, leaning back against the seat. I’m not a morning person at all and he knows this, so I don’t know why he’d wake me up. Now I’m going to be in a bad mood and it’s all his fault.

“Don’t be mad.” He smiled, grabbing my hand. I slapped his hand away and attempted to fall asleep.

He shook me what felt like seconds later and I wanted to cry. I hate feeling like this. I can’t even function properly. We were parked in front of the building and I checked the time, realizing I have to be in my office in ten minutes. “I got you breakfast.”

He handed me a bag and a large cup of coffee. “Thank you.” I smiled, leaning closer to him. He closed the distance between us, brushing his lips against mine. I got out of the car, holding all of my things and walked inside.

“Good morning Skylar.” Ashton said, leaning against my desk.

I set my stuff down and took a seat, mumbling hello. “Rough night?” He asked.

“I was having trouble sleeping.” I shrugged. He chuckled and walked into his office, leaving me alone. I looked inside the bag and took the muffin out. I love blueberry muffins. I took a sip of my coffee and logged into the computer, looking at Ashton’s schedule for today. It was clear and I nearly choked. There’s no way he didn’t have anything going on today.

I stood abruptly, making my way to his office. “Yes Skylar?”

“Your schedule is empty?” I stated, more as a question.

“Yes, I’m leaving early for the business trip. Don’t worry, you’ve done nothing wrong.”

I took a deep breath, nodding. “Well today anyway.” He added. I frowned and left, feeling slightly offended.

I was typing away on the computer when the elevator opened. “I need the results back. They are going to be filed in our inventory.” The asshole from the marketing division muttered. Oh the irony.

“I’m afraid we don’t have them at this time.” I shrugged.

“This isn’t funny. I need them.” He explained.

“You know what’s funny, when I needed them, you didn’t care. So guess what, I don’t care that you need them.” I sighed, focusing on what I was doing.

“I understand why you’re acting bitchy, but I have a job to do and I don’t have time to play your little games.” He said in annoyance.

“I’m appalled you would even think that.” I gasped.

“My supervisor will have my ass if I return empty-handed. Can you just give me the folder?” He asked.

“We don’t have it.”

“You didn’t even get up to check.”

“Because I’m that good at my job.” I winked.

He rolled his eyes and stomped off in the direction of the elevators. I smiled to myself and stood up, going to the file room. Each floor had a total of two filing cabinets and I was in charge of all of the files. I recently filed the results so I grabbed them and went back to my desk.

I locked the computer and got on the elevator, heading for the marketing division. Luke look relieved when he noticed the folder in my hand. I tossed it on his desk and he stood up, grabbing the folder. “Thank you.” He said, nodding his head.

“Next time, don’t fuck with me.” I scoffed, heading back to the elevators.

When I reached the top floor, Ashton stood there, waiting for me. “I’m leaving now. You’re free to leave as well. Be here first thing in the morning because I will need to contact you in between meetings so that I can be updated on what’s going on.”

“Yes sir.” I nodded.

-

The elevator doors opened and I walked towards Samantha’s desk. “Is he busy?” I asked her. “No he just got out of a meeting, go on in.” She smiled.

I took a deep breath before stepping inside his office. His face lit up, but then he started frowning. “How did you get here?”

“It’s a secret.” I shrugged, biting back the smile that was making its way onto my lips. He stood up and walked around the desk, coming closer to me. “Skylar.”

“Lia picked me up.” I sighed. “You could have called me. I would have had someone pick you up.” He said, sitting on top of the desk. “It wasn’t that important. Besides, you’re extremely busy. How did I manage to get a meeting with you?” I teased. I took a step forward so I was standing directly in front of him, and placed my hands on his shoulders.

“It’s a little early for your lunch break.” He quirked an eyebrow, studying my face.

“Ashton is going on a business trip, so he gave me the rest of the day off.”

“Hm and what are you going to do?”

“Sleep, watch movies with my boyfriend, and sleep.” I shrugged, biting my lip.

“Boyfriend?” He smirked.

“Yeah if he ever stops working.” I sighed.

“Hm is that so?”

I couldn’t hide the small on my face, so I leaned in, hugging him. He started tickling me and I shrieked, squirming away from him. “I need to finish up things here and then we can go.”

“Can’t I just go now?” I whined. I knew I was pushing it, but I don’t feel like waiting while he takes phone call after phone call.

He called someone, who I assume was David, his driver, and asked them to have a car ready. “Sleep first, then watch movies with your boyfriend?” He asked, biting his lip.

“Maybe.” I smiled.

I kissed his cheek and left the office, making my way to the lobby. David stood there, waiting with the door open. I thanked him and got inside, buckling my seatbelt.

-

I squeezed my eyes shut and fluttered my eyelids before actually opening them. I’m still tired, but it was nice to get some sleep. I caught Zayn staring at me and he quickly looked away, clearing his throat. “Were you staring at me?” I grinned, rolling over so that I could see his face.

He shook his head, biting his lip, and mumbling, “No.”

He’s totally lying, but it’s cute. I snuggled closer to him, wrapping my arm around him, and tangling my legs with his. “Still want to watch movies with your boyfriend?” He asked, wrapping his arms around me. “I already did.” I shrugged, frowning. He rolled his eyes playfully and grabbed the remote. “I’m kidding.” I smiled excitedly, glad that he remembered.

He pressed a button on the remote and the opening credits began. “I love this movie.” I squealed, smiling widely. The Fault in our Stars was my favorite movie. Zayn scoffed but coughed to cover it up.

*

I cried during the whole movie, and Zayn didn’t even watch it. He watched me the entire time. It’s so emotional and it gets me every time. “It’s a fictional movie.” Zayn said, killing my vibe. I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes, “It was still sad.”

He shrugged and sighed loudly, glancing down at me. He looked like he wanted to say something else but decided against it. “Thank you for watching the movie with me.” I mumbled, burying my face in his chest. He stroked my hair and I looked up, pressing my lips against his. He sloppily kissed me back and I giggled like an idiot. “Do you want to watch another one?”

“Duh! You can choose the movie.”

“I won’t be watching it anyway.” He mumbled under his breath, getting out of the bed. I frowned at that and started pouting because I was cold. Zayn left the room and came back minutes later with popcorn and candy. I greedily took both out of his hands and started eating it.

While he scrolled aimlessly through the hundreds of Netflix titles, I grabbed my phone and took multiple pictures of him, snickering to myself. He glanced over at me and I froze, dropping my phone on my face. I groaned loudly, earning a laugh from Zayn.

He pressed play and got in the bed, laying on top of me and resting his head on my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair and he closed his eyes. He was asleep in a matter of minutes, light snores leaving his lips.

I turned my gaze back on the movie and stared at the screen, not really paying attention to the movie. I was eating handful after handful of popcorn, occasionally dropping some on Zayn. His phone started ringing and it didn’t wake him so I let it be. It rang three more times so I assume it was important.

I shook him softly, waking him up. He dragged the phone to his ear and cleared his throat before saying hello. His eyes went wide and he rolled over, getting out of the bed and leaving the room. I knew it was work related and I knew that our little movie thing was over.

I turned the television off and sighed before getting out of the bed myself. I made my way into the kitchen and set the popcorn and candy on the counter. “Babe I have a business dinner. Would you do me the honor of being my date?” Zayn asked, snaking an arm around my waist.

“Um, do I have a choice?”

“Not really, no.” He chuckled, dragging me to the bedroom.

I went through his sister’s closet once again, picking out one of the super expensive dresses, and hanging it up on the bathroom door. I stripped out of my clothing, stepping inside the shower, and turning the water on.

When I finished, I got out, throwing on my undergarments. I brushed my teeth vigorously while my curling wand heated up. I’ve never been to a business dinner with Zayn. That’s like a suicide mission. I can’t even speak. Well, I could speak, but that would only result in argument that I don’t feel like having.

-

 I picked at the black skintight material and stared out the window. “You’ve been awfully quiet. What’s bothering you?” Zayn asked, breaking the enjoyable silence.

“I’ve never been to a business dinner.” I admitted. He chuckled loudly and grabbed my hand. “It’s nothing, especially for you because you’ll be sitting there.” He explained. I nodded and bit my lip. “Skylar, I know how you get about restaurants so I’m going to just say it now, please do not embarrass me.”

I nervously took a deep breath, and held it, trying to take my mind off of things. I exhaled roughly and cleared my throat. The car came to a halt in front of a fancy restaurant. My door was opened and I took the hand that was offered to me.

Zayn handed the keys to the guy and grabbed my hand. “Malik.” He said to the hostess. She nodded curtly before gesturing for us to follow.

Once we reached the table, Zayn pulled out my chair and I smiled before taking a seat. We were the first to arrive and I began to realize Zayn is always super early to things. “Are you nervous?” I asked him, using that as a lousy conversation starter.

“No, I’ve been to hundreds of these.” He shrugged, blowing me off. I stayed silent, eyeing the people who would walk towards us, then turn, sitting at another table.

I looked through the menu, trying to find something reasonable that Zayn would approve of. “Ah Zayn, thank you for agreeing to meet with me tonight.”  A man said, sitting down across from us. When I realized who it was, I was grinning from ear to ear.

“Skylar? I haven’t seen you in ages!” Liam smiled at me. “It’s great to see you!” I replied, glancing at Zayn. He scowled at us and glanced back at Liam, placing his hand on my thigh. “So what is it you wanted to discuss?” Zayn snapped. “The construction of your building in New York,” Liam paused, “You bought the entire block, but there’s one building that I was already making an offer on when I was informed it was no longer available.”

“Your point?” Zayn frowned, moving his hand up and down my leg. I froze in my seat and clamped my legs together. He acted as if nothing happened, sliding his hand under the material of my dress. I gripped his hand, squeezing it as hard as I could. He didn’t seem to notice as he kept his attention on Liam.

“I really want that building, and seeing as we’ve been friends for quite some time now, I wanted to know if you could cut me a deal and let me buy it off of you.” Liam explained, locking his fingers together. “I don’t mix business with friendships.” Zayn snapped. “That’s right, you just mix business with pleasure.” Liam chuckled.

I gasped and snapped my head in Liam’s direction, wondering what he was talking about. “You’re wrong.” Zayn shrugged, moving his hand. “Am I? Skylar was working for you and now she’s one of your play toys.” He quirked an eyebrow. “Oh.” I frowned, not realizing I said that out loud. “No offense to you Skylar, I’m just making a point.” Liam rushed out.

“Not that it’s any of your concern, but Skylar is my girlfriend, and she has nothing to do with me not selling you the building.” Zayn huffed in annoyance.  

“Zayn lighten up, I just think business would be well for the both of us if we were to have buildings on that block.”

“I hear what you’re saying, I’m just not agreeing.”

Liam looked at me, as if to ask for help and I just shrugged, looking back at Zayn. “At least consider it? It would benefit both of us.”

“Buying the whole block was quite expensive.” Zayn stated, taking a deep breath.

“Of course. What about 3.5?” Liam asked. Zayn looked to me and I nodded.

“That’s kind of low.”

“I refuse to go higher than 5.” He shrugged.

Zayn squinted his eyes and grabbed my hand, playing with my fingers as he thought about it. “Because you’re a family friend, I’ll take it.”

“Thank you. So five million,” Liam nodded, taking out his checkbook, “I’m glad you agreed.”

I stopped breathing and began to cough loudly. Five million dollars, for a building? I don’t know which one of them is the craziest; Zayn for making Liam go to that, or Liam for suggesting it. “Baby are you okay?” Zayn asked, eyeing me with curiosity. “No.” I gasped, still in shock.

Zayn handed me a glass of water and I ripped the paper off of the straw, jamming it into the glass and taking a sip. I cleared my throat and stared at the two of them in shock. “So I stopped by the country club and they told me you longer work there. Where do you work now?” Liam asked me.

“She works for Ashton, as his personal assistant.” Zayn snorted, rolling his eyes. “That won’t last long.” Liam added, laughing.

“Why not?” I snapped. “Ashton goes through assistants like Zayn goes through females.” Liam laughed. Zayn’s eye went wide and he started coughing. I laughed along with Liam, acting as if I hadn’t heard the last part of his horrible analogy.

“Does he know you two are dating?”

“No.” I shook my head, wondering what that had to do with it.

“When he finds out, you’re screwed. You might as well pack your desk now.” He snorted.

“Why?”

“It’s logic. Why would any businessman allow his girlfriend to work for one of his rivals? Because she’s giving him inside information.” Liam explained, shrugging and looking around. “Liam shut up. Sky’s not giving me information.” Zayn rolled his eyes.

-

The business dinner went completely different than I was expecting it to. We didn’t even eat, we sat there the rest of the time, Liam and Zayn discussing money.

“I’m hungry.” I complained, getting out of the car. “I’m sorry, I’ll have a pizza delivered.” He sighed. He’s been really quiet, and I don’t know what’s bothering him. He opened the door and allowed me to step inside first so I took the heels off and ran towards the room. I wiggled out of the dress and pulled his t-shirt down over my head, all before he even entered the room.

He walked in and headed straight for the bathroom, turning the shower water on. I really wanted to ask if he ordered my pizza but that’d be rude. I patiently waited for him to get out of the shower, texting Lia to kill to time.

Half an hour later the door opened and he walked out in just boxers. I started to laugh uncontrollably and pretended it was the text that made me laugh. His doorbell rang and he left the room, dressed in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

“Baby, the pizza is here and so is my sister.” Zayn entered the room, holding the pizza box in his hand. His sister walked in behind him, glaring at me, and I felt very awkward. “Hi Waliyha.” I said politely. “Z I can’t stay at home anymore. Mum and I constantly fight.” She whined, pretending I said nothing.

He handed me the box and left the room with his sister, which I was grateful for. She doesn’t even know me, but she hates me. It’s understandable because Nick doesn’t care much for Zayn either.

I ate two slices of pizza and set the box down on the bedside table. I called my brother and put it on speaker, hugging my knees. “Hey Sky!”

“How are you?”

“I’m swell.” He chuckled.

“I miss you.”

“It’s been like a day, but I miss you too.” He snorted.

“It’s just weird, ya know, like to be living with Zayn.”

“Are you having second thoughts?” He asked.

“No, I love him. It’s just weird.” I smiled to myself.

“You love him? You guys have been together for what a few months?”

“Don’t start. I’ll see you soon. Love you.” I sighed, ending the call.

I looked up to see Zayn standing in the doorway, leaning against the wall. “Were you eavesdropping?” I gasped, trying to be mad. The smile on my face wouldn’t disappear no matter how hard I tried to frown. “Maybe.” He grinned, walking towards me. He collapsed on top of me and I groaned, laughing. "So you love me, but it's weird living with me." He teased. "Shut up." I chuckled.

-

My period chose today to start. I groaned loudly and cursed under my breath. I don’t even have tampons, what the hell am I going to do. I left the bathroom fake crying and walked into the closet. I was going to wear a white dress, but there’s no way that’s happening anymore. I’ll just wear some pants.

There’s also no way I’m staying here with Zayn this week either. I didn’t bother packing a bag because we haven’t moved all of my stuff here yet. I need to go to the store. “I’m going to drive myself today, you can go when you’re ready.” I yelled out.

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

“I just want to be alone.” I sighed.

I heard shuffling around and then the door close. He left, thank goodness. I ran out of the bathroom and knocked on his sister’s door. She opened it and rolled her eyes when she saw me. “Do you have any tampons?” I rushed out, really embarrassed.

She snickered and gestured for me to come in. I stood in the doorway while she went over to her bag. She walked back towards me and handed me one. “Thank you, you’re a lifesaver.” I replied, going back into the bathroom.

As I finished getting ready, there was a knock at the door and I opened it. “Do you think you could drive me to school?” Waliyha asked. My jaw literally dropped to the floor. “You’re not serious?”

“Zayn was supposed to take me.” She shrugged. “U-um yeah sure, let me just get my stuff.” I stuttered, in total shock. I grabbed my stuff in one hand and held my heels in the other. “Can you close the door for me?” I asked Waliyha.

She laughed at my struggle and closed the front door. The cement was cold and I was barefoot so I hopped down the stairs and unlocked my car doors. Waliyha got into the passenger seat so I threw my things in the back, including the heels. It’s so uncomfortable to drive with heels on.

I got inside and took a deep breath before starting the car. “Where’s your school?” I asked, pulling onto the main road. She gave me directions on how to get there and I nodded.

“Thanks for the ride. You’re not that bad.” Waliyha smiled, getting out of the car. I wonder how much Zayn paid her to say that. I gave her a small smile before pulling off. That was so awkward. I drove to the nearest pharmacy and picked up a box of tampons.

Somehow I managed to make it to work on time and I was relieved that Ashton was away on business.

-

I drove to my apartment and opened the door, closing it quickly. Cam and Nick were sitting on the sofa playing video games. There was food everywhere, all on the floors, and trash on the counter. It made me sick to my stomach.

“What the hell have you guys been doing?” I asked, gesturing to all the mess. “Uh oh, she’s back.” Cam snickered. Neither of them paid me any attention so I walked over to the wall and ripped the cords out of the wall.

“What?” Nick asked, rolling his eyes.

“What is with the mess? What happened here?” I asked them. They exchanged looks and shrugged. “Well clean it up.” I yelled, shaking my head and going to my room. I dialed Zayn’s number and to my surprise, he answered on the second ring, “Sky where are you?”

“I’m at my apartment. Nick is sick, so I’m going to take care of him.” I lied.

“Why can’t Lia take care of him?”

“Because he’s my brother.”

“Hm. When did he get sick? Because Lia told me she, Nick, and Cam were going out tonight.”

He caught me in my lie. What do I say? “Since when do you and Lia talk.” I scoffed. “She works for me.” He argued. “Exactly. She works for you. What could you two possibly have to talk about?”

“Are you jealous?”

“Jealous of what?” I snapped. Lia would never do that to me. I just find it strange that they talk.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“I’m fine.” I yelled, hanging up the phone.

I feel like the slightest things have been annoying me. He called me once again and I ignored it, tossing my phone onto the bed.

-

I had taken a nap, but woke up due to the agonizing pain in my stomach. I hate cramps. I groaned and swung my feet over the bed, standing up. I walked down the stairs, and headed straight into the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and brought it to my lips. “Yeah your brother is really sick.” Zayn said.

The glass slipped from my hands and hit the floor, shattering to pieces. Cam and Nick snapped their heads in my direction and I glared at them. “Now’s not the best time.” I mumbled, searching for a towel. I grabbed one and walked back into the kitchen and cleaned up the shards of glass, and the water.

I glanced up and Zayn was just watching me. I threw the towel in the waste bin and walked up the stairs, past Zayn. He followed behind me and I sighed once he entered the room. “What’s going on?” He asked, grabbing my hand. “Nothing.” I huffed, rolling my eyes. “I don’t understand what I’ve done to upset you?”

“I just need a week to myself.” I admitted truthfully.

“Why?”

“I think we spend too much time together.” I lied. He rolled his eyes and scrunched up his face. “Would it have anything to do with you being on your period?” He asked, suppressing a smile. “How do you know that?” I asked angrily.

“It could be the fact that you’re very bipolar right now, or that you asked my sister for a tampon.” He smiled, pulling me closer. “Of course she told you.” I grumbled, holding onto him. “You’re going to just avoid me for a whole week because of something that’s natural.” He chuckled.

“Yes. It’s awkward.” I whined.

“I have three sisters, I think I’m used to it.”

“It’s embarrassing.”

“We live together. It’s not something you can exactly get away from. So are you going to leave me once a month for this?”

“Fine.” I sighed, realizing he was right. He kissed me passionately and I pulled away smiling. “Come on. We’re going home.” He said, pulling me out of the room.

A/n: Long update because its been two weeks oh my gosh! I am truly sorru for the lack of updating. I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas/Winter Break, and I wish you all a safe and blessed 2015. My New Year's resolution is to update more consistantly. I would love to hear your resolutions/things you recieved for Christmas so if you don't mind sharing, comment them on this line! Ilyasm! Please vote and comment! - Jae xoxo

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

824K 50.5K 115
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
356K 21.1K 76
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
153K 3.6K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
130K 2.5K 43
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...