The Melody I Played (Kageyama...

Af ViLeviivel

THERE WILL BE MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS IN THE LATER CHAPTERS!!! "In a world where everybody hates a happy ending... Mere

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38.5
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46.5
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 50.5
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 (SPOILERS WILL START IN THIS CHAPTER)
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 56.5
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogoue
Q & A event???
NEW BOOK!!

Chapter 55

1.9K 60 48
Af ViLeviivel

THIRD PERSON POV

RINGGG! RINGGG!

"H-hello? Who is this?" Mrs. Kumi regained her posture as she spoke to an unknown caller.

"Hello, Mrs. Kumi. It's Tooru."

"Oh, Tooru. It's been so long, how are you?"

"I'm fine Mrs. Kumi, but I just really want to know how's Ayame doing?" The Seijoh player said, worried.

Mrs. Kumi looked over the doors, still unable to see anything due to the curtains that covered her vision of her daughter. "She's in surgery right now...T-T-Tooru. It's been 11 hours since."

"I see, Mrs. Kumi. Can I...get an update after the operation?"

"Of course, Tooru." Mrs. Kumi smiled sadly.

Suddenly, a few nurses bursted out of the door from the operation room, rattling on their actions as they shout commands to nearby nurses.

"More of the antibiotics! Hurry!"

"Quick! We're losing her!"

——

Kamomedai won the first set in just in a blink of an eye with the score of 25-20.

Karasuno then took the second set with the score of 25-22.

And now they're playing the third and final set. Whoever wins, advances to the semi-finals.

"Chance ball! Kageyama!"

Kageyama ran under the ball, catching a glimpse of Hinata running for the back row.

"Synchronized attack!"

Everyone moved in sync.

"I'm here!"

"Me!"

"Over here!"

As everyone jumped together with the toss, Hinata came up from behind the black haired setter, going for the set. He swung his arm with full strength and spiked it over the net and to Kamomedai's side, scoring a point.

Karasuno 14-13 Kamomedai

"BREAK POOOOOOINT!"

"KARASUNO! KARASUNO!"

"NICE HINATAAAA!"

Hinata fell to the floor, smiling widely as he knelt. Now I get another turn out on the court! The orange-haired boy thought.

"One more Hinata!" Tanaka grinned, reaching his hand out to help Hinata get on his feet. Hinata gladly accepted the hand as he reached for it—

"H-h-huh?" 

Hinata fell to the floor once again, his body trembling as heat started rising up. He tried moving again to stand, but his body won't budge.

What's happening? Weird. Why can't I get up?

The gym fell silent and all eyes were on the shaking boy.

"Sensei!" Shouted Ukai to call for a time out.

"Hinata, what's wrong—"

"I think..." Kageyama said from the side, a frown on his face, "he probably has a fever."

The whole him turned to Kageyama with confused and worried expression as he continued.

"I was thinking you've put in a lot of work today, but it was you so I didn't worry about it. But earlier, something was off. Your hand felt way too hot."

"What are saying! I'm totally fine!" Hinata argued as he got carried to the bench.

Takeda inched closer, placing his hand ontop of Hinata's forehead, then his eyes widened. To double check, he took out a thermometer and gave it the orange-haired boy.

"Hinata..." the sensei mumbled as he saw the results in the thermometer. 39.1 degrees celsius. "You have a fever..."

The excitement of our first nationals. Our first time playing in the Tokyo Gymnasium. The energy we all put to beat Inarizaki yesterday, then the grueling battle against Nekoma this morning. Sugawara watched as everyone gave Hinata comforting words, trying to cheer him up. I was used to seeing Hinata's crazy stamina levels that I didn't notice!

"Coach it's not like I'm hurting or anything! I can still move! See?" Hinata convinced as he was close to tears.

His upperclassmen were in tears.

"I can still play! I-I c-can still fly!

But he didn't get any reply as he found everyone's faces in despair. Takeda knelt infront of him, grabbing his hand.

"Hinata-kun, I'm sorry but I have to say this." Takeda looked down, "I cannot let you go back on the court. I want you to head to the clinic and let the nurses confirm that you're alright."

"S-s-sensei, I'm fine..."

"No, Hinata..."

Why does it have to be now? Kageyama thought, watching Hinata. They needed him, and they are now taking the lead. It was as if their luck has finally run out.

"I-I'm s-sorry, e-everyone..." Hinata sobbed.

"HEY HINATA SHOYO!"

Everyone turned their directions to where the voice came from.

"DON'T TAKE FOREVER!" It was Hoshiumi Korai. "I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU!"

——

Karasuno 22 - 22 Kamomedai

They were now trailing behind each other's tail.

Kageyama served the ball to the other side but was easily received by Kamomedai's libero, sending it back to Karasuno. Kageyama sets the ball, sending it to Tanaka as the second-year did his signature cross shot.

But a three-man wall managed to block it and slam it back on Karasuno's side. Noya quickly dived for the ball and got it up, sending it to Kageyama.

"Synchronized attack!"

Everyone moved together once again.

Kageyama tossed the ball and sent it to Tsukishima.

Tsukishima gathered all his strength on his hands and arms, ready for the spike.

"Dammit!"

He sprung up...but wasn't able to.

"G-gah!"

Nobody was able to hit to the toss and it landed on Karasuno's side, giving Kamomedai a point.

22-23

"Tsukishima, what happened?"

"Just a leg cramp."

Before Tsukishima could argue once again, Shimizu pulled the blonde out of the court as Yamaguchi subbed in.

Until a few spikes that got in, the score is now 23-24 with Kamomedai in the lead. More attacks and more defenses, the ball is now in Kamomedai's possession.

Korai received the spike, sending it to the setter. He then started his run up for the spike...

"Korai!" Shouted the setter.

The white-haired boy ran up and jumped—

SPIKE!

Noya went for the spike, but as the ball met his arms, it bounced off court and landed.

And that point ended the game with Kamomedai winning.

23-25

So this it huh? Daichi thought sadly.

The end of our volleyball journey. Asahi frowned.

It was a good three years. Sugawara smiled.

The three third years engulfed themselves in a hug, sobbing. They returned to the hotel right after their defeat, and they all sat in a table, regaining back their energy with the food.

It was a silent dinner, nothing can be heard except for the munching of foods and silent sniffles coming from everyone.

I wanted to take this team farther. Kageyama thought.

And the four third-years treasured the moment of their last meal as a member of the Karasuno Volleyball club.

RING! RING! RING!

Everyone's head snapped to the Takeda sensei's direction upon hearing his phone ringtone.

Takeda took it out, checking the caller's id.

"It's Mrs. Kumi," the sensei said, making everyone head to peer closer to the phone. He clicked the accept button and pressed the speaker to make sure everyone can hear.

"Hello Mrs. Kumi? How was it?"

By every passing second, anxiety builds up.

But all they hear were cries from the other line.

"The s-surgery...f-f-failed."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

936 63 20
"In reality, the stars are so distant from each other but when you see them from Earth, they are present in the same sky- so close to one another." Y...
803K 22K 41
A haikyuu fanfic!! A normal girl, with a big passion for volleyball goes to Karasuno and she is determined to be the best volleyball player, even th...
205K 7.1K 43
𝐊𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐘𝐀𝐌𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐎 𝐗 𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 、ヽ`☽ヽ` ▄▄▄▄▄▄ WHEREIN A GENIUS OF A SETTER, SPE...
8.8K 229 29
Karasuno's talented manager | The story of a young girl named Hikaru Akabane and a charismatic captain named Kuroo Tetsuro. Hikaru, a gifted pianist...