The Assistant | Scavi

By LittleCarokind

Scott Hoying, 24 years old, needs only one internship to finish his studies. His dream internship would be wi... More

Prologue
First Day
An intern? Really?
Wine Night
Meetings
Ice and Tea
Last recording
Listening
Reviewing
Going Out
Good Morning
Home
Teasing
Lunch
Early Morning
Stones
Left
Talks
Invitation
Learning to Trust
Calming Down
Early Morning Talks
Mitch
Date Night
Hammock
Cuddly Morning
Release Party
Medicine
Tired
Panicking
Exhausted
Nightly Walks
Confession
The Assistant
BBQ
Packing
Advice
Nashville
Break
Hotel Room Date
Before the Show
Showtime
The Tourbus
Tour Life
Exploring
Question Game
An Interview
Trying not to Panic
Getting through it
Exhausted
Shower
Picnic with a view
Arlington
Breakfast
Family Time
Goodbye
Apart
A walk in the park
A phone call
Reunited
Finding out
More evidence
Confronting
Honesty
Therapy Call
Back to everyday life?
Meeting Mia
Thor and Aquaman
Visalia
Uneasy
Dinner
Shooting Star
Sequoias
Los Angeles
Aftershow Party
Shock
Gone
Finding out
Waiting for news
Adeline
Heartbreak
Cabin
Grounding
Stay
Night
Mushrooms
Fondue and Foreplay
Making Love
Going Home
The Meeting
Escaping
Movie Night
Press Statement
Hiking Boots
Jamming
First Date
The Journey
Epilogue I
Epilogue II

Like a Hangover

207 7 30
By LittleCarokind

"So basically I have to push my thesis back a few months and fly to LA for two exams..." Scott said as he looked through his schedule. They were sitting at Avi's dinner table.

Avi himself was lying on the sofa, dead asleep. He didn't even wake up when Scott got up and put a pillow under his head and a blanket over him.

"That means you have to pay another semester of tuition, right?" Esther asked.

Scott sighed. "Yeah... but it's worth it. I mean I am not only going to spend a lot of time with Avi, I hope that I can also learn a lot and have something to put on my CV."

Esther smiled. "We'll take care of the fees, don't worry. And of course, you will be paid for the time you're on tour with Avi. I'll take care of this at Fantasy first thing tomorrow. You might need to come in in the afternoon to sign some contracts, I don't know what position we're able to make you take, but you have experience in producing now and in management as well..." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Go home, Esther. You're tired, I can feel it" Scott said. "Sleep and then tomorrow we'll work on the rest."

Esther shook her head. "No, I cannot leave him alone..."

Scott took her hand and smiled. "You don't need to, Esther. I'll stay with him until he's feeling better."

"But he's my brother..." Esther said. "I should be there for him..."

"I get that Esther, but you're pregnant, you need to rest. I'll take care of him, you can trust me" Scott said once more. "I'll even stay the night if he wants me to."

That brought a smile to Esther's face. "Wouldn't be the first time, huh?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "No..." He smiled. "And I wouldn't mind it. I..." he looked over to the sofa where he only saw brown locks coming out from under the blanket. "He means a lot to me."

Esther nodded. "I know... and vice versa, I think..."

Scott furrowed his brows. "You think?"

"He's my brother, I cannot spill his secrets after all" she replied and got up. "Anyway, do you mind if I took your offer and went home? I really am tired and someone is lying on my bladder..."

Scott smiled at her. "Of course you can. I assume it might be a rough night with Avi and you need your sleep."

"Thank you..." Esther replied and took out her phone to call Darien who had gone home after he had made sure that Esther and Scott were okay to be alone with Avi. "He'll be here in thirty... enough time for a cup of tea?"

Scott smiled. "There's always time for a cup of tea if you ask me," he said. "Stay here, I'll get it."

~

Once Esther and Darien had left, Scott sat down on the other side of the sofa. He texted Mitch and explained the situation and the fact that he might be out of town to join Avi on tour.

Mitch, being the amazing friend he was just asked if Scott needed anything and promised to be on stand-by just in case.

Then, Scott put down his phone again and thought about what had happened in the past hours. His whole plan had been put upside down. Instead of focusing on his studies and writing his master's thesis, he would join Avi on tour, first for a month on the North American leg and maybe even to Europe a few weeks after that. He was both excited and scared about it, but he was sure that this was the right decision.

"Mmhm..."

When Scott heard the soft sounds coming from the other end of the sofa, looked up and smiled when he saw Avi stir and then open his eyes. "Avi..." he said softly because he wanted to let him know that he was there without making him startle.

"Scott?" Avi rubbed his eyes with one hand and then sat up slowly. "For how long was I out?"

"About two hours" Scott replied. "Esther went home, she was tired and your niece or nephew was annoying her, so I told her that I would stay with you."

Avi nodded slowly as he took in the information. "Mmhm, okay. I... it was bad, wasn't it? The... attack?"

The blonde smiled sadly. "Esther said it was the worst she has ever witnessed. But you made it through for the time being and this is the most important thing..."

"Mmhm..." Avi hummed. He ran a hand through his hair and then balled both of them into fists. "I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that I'll have to go on tour alone..."

While Avi was talking, Scott noticed that he started to fidget again. "Avi?" He said and was surprised that he stayed so calm. "Avi" he repeated when the musician didn't react.

Within a split second, Scott had taken his place next to the bearded man and took his fidgeting hands into his own, squeezed them softly. "Can you focus on my voice."

Avi nodded.

"Good. I talked to Esther. If nothing major happens, I will join you on the tour. She will talk to the company tomorrow to get me a paid position. I don't know what it's going to be, but you won't be alone" Scott said and when Avi looked at him confused, he just said. "We'll go on tour together."

Avi shook his head. "You..." He took a few breaths to calm down before he continued. "Thank you, Scott. I..." he sighed and leaned back. "There's so much I want to say, I just need a moment. Exhausted."

"That's fine, Avi. You don't have to talk. I just want you to be comfortable. Cuddle? Or sleep?"

Avi smiled. "Both? Please?"

Scott smiled. "Of course." He wanted to kick off his shoes but then faltered. "Or do you wanna go outside?"

"Hammock?" Avi asked.

"Yeah..."

Avi smiled brightly. "Yes."

Scott smiled back at him and got up. "Good. Well, come on then. Do you need help?"

Avi got up slowly and squeezed his eyes shut. "Dizzy. Need..."

"Water and maybe some orange juice?" Scott asked as he helped Avi over to a chair at the dining table. "Do you want a snack, too?"

But Avi just scrunched his nose. "No, not hungry. But juice. In the fridge."

Scott had already gotten the bottle out and two glasses and filled them with juice. "Here..." he said and set one in front of Avi. The bearded man drank it in small sips. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Do you need anything else?"

"Just rest. Maybe some water? And a blanket? In the cabinet on the patio..." Avi sighed. "This is supposed to be a date and I am not dating material today, sorry."

Scott, who had gotten a bottle of water out of the fridge, squatted down next to Avi. "I don't care, Avi, I get to spend time with you either way and I get to know you. And I get cuddles in the hammock. Wait here while I set up the pillows and the blanket? I'll get you afterwards."

Avi smiled and for the first time since Scott had arrived, it was genuine. "Yes, please."

Ten minutes later, the two men were lying in the hammock under the warm blanket. Scott was lying on his back and Avi on his chest.

It was comfy and cosy and the blonde thought that the musician had fallen asleep because he was quiet and breathing calmly.

"How do you do this, Scott?" Avi's soft voice startled Scott.

"What?" he asked nevertheless.

Avi looked up. His eyes were tired, but he looked happier.

"You just came into my life and turned it upside down. Whenever I am struggling, you have the answer, you are the answer." He sighed. "I never thought I could learn to trust another person. It was always tough to show my true self to people, but you... you just accept me the way I am. And..." he sighed and shook his head when tears welled up in his eyes. "I'm just thankful. There's more I want to say to you, but I feel like it has to wait until after this stupid attack hangover because I am a mess right now. Can't function properly. Exhausted."

"That's fine, Avi. We've got time. I'll stay for as long as you need me to" Scott confirmed. He smiled when Avi laid his head back on his chest and closed his arms around him. "Is the panic attack hangover a real thing?"

"Mmhm... many claim that it is. Like a real alcohol hangover, but might take longer to pass. Sleep helps. Being not alone helps." He yawned and closed his eyes.

"Sleep, Avi. You won't be alone" Scott said softly and then smiled when he noticed that Avi had already drifted off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 768 14
UNEDITED SOON EDITING Scott hoying is no stranger to being the new kid, but what happens when he meets a beautiful Brunette boy who completely change...
74.4K 5.5K 35
Scott Hoying is one of Mitch Grassi's biggest fans. Scott discovered his music at a point in his life where everything was going downwards and he wan...
53.3K 2.8K 27
Mitch is 21 years old, and just trying to make enough of a living in the cold heart of LA to support himself and his little brother. Scott is a lone...
78.7K 2.7K 17
Now that Scott and Mitch's relationship is secure, how will they get through it all and still come out on top?