Loving the Fighter

By EmmittRose

Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He figh... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Cover submittions (CLOSED)
35
36
37
38
39
Q&A
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69 <- hehe nice
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
Chapter was deleted due to Wattpad guidlines
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
Book 2 has been published!

23

47.6K 2K 151
By EmmittRose

Jax's POV

The rest of the night went well enough. Ryder sadly stayed awake through out the whole movie so we couldn't change it halfway through like I had hoped.

The second movie was a lot more tolerable but I still didn't really watch it. I got too distracted with Ryder grumbling random things through out the whole movie. About how sharks aren't this violent, how that would never happen in real life, how that doesn't even look like a real shark. Callum would either shush him or prove him wrong.

Liam sat on my bed the whole time; our side of the room was much quieter than theirs. Our side mainly consisted sitting in silence or making small talk about how bad this movie was in hushed voices so Callum wouldn't hear us.

At some point of the night, somewhere between the eight and tenth movie, Liam fell asleep beside me. He leaned up against the headboard with his knees still crossed. It didn't look very comfortable but I didn't want to move him because he seemed like the kind of person to not get a lot of sleep. Because of that I just let him sleep in my bed while I turned to make my back to face him and went to sleep.

I'm not sure what time I was woken up but the fact that the sun wasn't up was a good sign that it was very early.

A knock at the door was what originally woke me up but I didn't care enough to do anything about it so I just continued to lie there. I felt the bed on Liam's side dip before his weight disappeared from the bed.

I was on the edge of falling back to sleep when hushed voices filled the room.

"We've already talked it over, we okay with him staying here." I couldn't hear the response; it was too muffled, too far away.

"We're going to help him with that. Try to avoid people touching him is the best we can do, it's not like we have the power to do anything else." I could tell someone else was talking. Judging by the voice it was a man, his voice sounded familiar but too muffled for me to make it out.

"He's still asleep so if you have the balls to wake him up then I won't stop you but don't touch him."

A few seconds later heavy footsteps walk through the cabin before stopping at my bed.

"Jax," the familiar voice said as he pushed the end of the bed up and down.

"I'm not above murder," I say but my words come out slightly slurred. "Stop that before I kill you."

"Then wake up. I need to talk to you," With the longer sentence I can recognize the voice as Patrick, the guy who sent me to this stupid camp.

"I'm not in the mood for another lecture. I got a good one yesterday from Andrew, I don't need one from you too."

"This isn't about the fight you got into yesterday," he said with a serious voice that woke me up the rest of the way.

"Then what is it about?" I asked as slowly picked myself off the mattress while rubbing my eyes.

"I don't think you're going to want me to talk about it here." His answer pretty much tells me what I want to know so I get out of the bed quickly and follow Patrick out of the cabin.

Liam shoots me a somewhat concerned glance at me before I close the door behind me.

Patrick walks in silence to the front office that he first dropped me off at when I came here only a few days ago.

His wife sat behind the desk with a look on her face that said she wasn't very happy but the look wasn't directed to me.

Patrick took the seat in front of the desk on the left and motioned for me to sit in the one to the right.

"You found him, didn't you?" I ask after a few seconds of just staring at the ground.

"His credit card was used in Mexico a few hours ago but since he isn't in the states there is technically nothing we can do. I've already been in contact with a friend over there and he is going to check the surrounding areas where his credit card was used but street fighting is legal in Mexico and we don't have enough evidence to just walk up and arrest him."

"So he's just going to go free?"

"Not necessarily," Mary said, he voice a lot more gentle than I thought it would be since her face said she was still pissed off. "We're hoping we can book him in other ways or that he will slip up while he is in Mexico. Patrick's friend offered to tail him for a while in his free time but we don't know for certain if he will slip up again."

"What do you mean by book him in other ways?" I asked, suddenly not liking where this conversation was going.

The room was quiet for a long time. I'm sure if you listened hard enough you cold hear the waves on the lake hitting the shore or the shore or Ryder pacing back and forth in our cabin.

"Has your father," Patrick began, hesitation was clear in his tone. "Has he ever hit you before? Or maybe hit your mom?"

"No." To anyone else it would have been the perfect lie. My voice was even, I didn't answer too quickly, my eye contact didn't falter, and I didn't fidget but Patrick didn't seem to believe me.

"If you tell us we can help you," Mary said in a gentle voice, her scowl no far from sight.

"How?" I cut her off. "Help me how? Help me not see him again? I'll be 18 next year, I won't need to see him after that anyway."

"We both know he wouldn't just let you go," Patrick said.

"But it doesn't matter," I say abruptly. "He's never hit me and I don't even remember my mom that well so I don't know if he hit her. You'll have to figure out something else."

Patrick frowns and looks at Mary. They seemed to be having a conversation with nothing but expressions and the way it looked, this conversation was not going in my favor.

"Anything else then?" Patrick says, cutting off the conversation with his wife. "Tax fraud? Into drugs? Anything like that?"

"He was on an unemployment plan and he didn't do any drugs that I know of."

"So there is nothing we can get him on?"

"Nothing that I know about at least."

Patrick sighed as he leaned back in his chair and looking at the ground.

"This doesn't mean we are going to stop looking," Mary said, grabbing Patrick's attention again. "He could still slip up. We just have to be patient."

"She's right. And in the mean time you need to be on your best behavior. IF we can book him on anything that you can testify to the jury is already going to be against you because of your tendencies. Let's not make it worse by getting yourself thrown out of here." His last sentence was said in a more playful voice as he looked at me with a slight smirk.

"So I've been told."

Please follow me if you don't already. I'm going to try and start giving a heads up on my conversations when I am about to update so if you would like a bit of a heads up maybe consider following? I also follow back so if you just want new followers I can get you a new one just by following me! And I'm also a decent person. Maybe if I get more followers we can have actaul converations in my conversations section? No pressure though! I love you all equally regardless of the follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
416K 14.6K 20
[COMPLETED] When Fox shows up at The Centre (an institution for young men), drunk and spiraling out of control, he is greeted with flashing emergency...
621K 29.5K 64
Book 2. Not a stand-alone. Must read Loving the Fighter first. Cover belongs to @1-800-getyeeted Jax, Carter and the others did it. They made it ou...
230K 6K 31
Riley Smith is about as troubled as they come, he's anorexic but in denial about it and fights a lot. What happens when his parents kick him out then...