My loveless marriage

By sandysandra92

#65 in onesidedd - 9/9/2018 #637 in chicklit - 30/5/2018 #595 in chicklit - 4/6/2018 #24 in onesidedlove - 17... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51 - (1)
Part 51 - (2)
Part 51 - (3)
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Author's note
Author's note
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Author's note
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76

Part 73

3.3K 254 169
By sandysandra92

"This... This is precisely why I despise your in-laws and their family!! Whatever has happened, it's all their fault!" Rohan hissed at Shruthi.

"Kunal didn't do anything" Shruthi pouted, snuggling into Kunal's arms.

"That's exactly the problem! He didn't do anything" Rohan muttered darkly, glaring at the tall lean man sitting beside Shruthi, with his arms wrapped around her, though he was gazing into oblivion.

He then turned to look at Nikhil as he sat beside Dharam at the bar, a glass of whiskey in both their hands. Whilst Nikhil was listening to Dharam silently, the latter was talking with a rueful smile on his lips, though his eyes looked broken and lost.

A part of him felt guilty - that it was because of him that Dharam was suffering today - had he not brought the truth into light that Gayathri was behind all this, Dharam would still have been living in his bubble that his wife loves him.

But Abhi's happiness was at stake here, along with Shruthi's life. And Rohan couldn't simply let two of his best friends suffer!

He had long made peace with the fact that Gayathri didn't love him. But gazing at Dharam, he sighed - that poor man had been living in his own dreamland for so long... And what a betrayal!

But the hair on Rohan's back stood as he recalled that Gayathri had even hired assassins to have Kunal and Shruthi murdered! How could someone stoop so low?

"I still can't believe she hired an assassin!" Rohan gulped the bile rising up his throat - and to now know that he had been in love with such a selfish woman?

"To be honest, I still can't believe that Anand had faith in her!! With him and his cunning-ness, I seriously thought that he had every intention to hurt Naina for his own reasons... Never knew that di is the reason for everything!" Shruthi shook her head.

"Oh he is very cunning... Didn't I tell you? He had hired a few bodyguards who were to tail him once he got Naina... and they were to murder her at the first opportunity they get! He actually never trusted Gayathri and her promises... The deal between them was that Gayathri will hand him 15% of the total property and other inheritance... And he never trusted her to keep her promise... " Rohan sighed.

They were all at Rohan's penthouse, brooding and trying to get over the shock of the events of the day. The police were interrogating Gayathri, Anand and the assassins Gayathri had hired to kill Kunal and Shruthi, and Abhi was there at the police station, making sure that Gayathri and Anand wouldn't get a bail.

And yet again as Rohan peeked to Dharam, he felt his blood boil in hatred for the woman he once dearly loved.

"I think he's suffered the maximum loss amongst all of us" Kunal sighed, as he too watched Dharam stare into oblivion.

"But I still can't believe he didn't have a clue!" Shruthi whispered, as she too stared at Dharam with pity.

"Pyaar andha hota hai" Rohan smiled sadly.

{translation - love is blind}

"But so much? For over 5 years she's been lying to him... And he didn't know?" Shruthi scoffed.

"Your friend Naina too had been lying to Abhi for around a year, and she'd have continued to do so forever if Anand hadn't returned to her life..." Rohan hissed, glaring at Shruthi.

"Don't compare Naina to that wench! I agree that Naina didn't do any justice to Abhi by hiding the truth from such a long time, but as they say, better late than never!" Shruthi hissed back.

"Abhi is our friend Shruthi! For God's sake what Naina did to him isn't right either!!" Rohan glared.

"Both Naina and Abhi are my friends Rohan!!! Naina hid the truth for a while, yes. But she would never have done all that to Abhi! Don't compare Naina to that woman who didn't value her husband or her loved ones! Naina might have had taken advantage of Abhi's feelings but she had also started to woo him back!!" Shruthi hissed.

"Easier said than done!! Do you even know what that poor bloke is going through right now?? Do you even know what this man is going through right now? If Gayathri is at fault, even Naina is at fault!" Rohan hissed, indicating the broken man sitting at the bar, gulping whiskey and wiping his tears.

He flicked his gaze to Dharam again, and a shiver ran down his spine - what if he Abhi, or he himself had been in that place?

"I go numb everytime I imagine Abhi in his place" Rohan whispered, indicating the broken look on Dharam's face to Shruthi.

"And I go numb everytime I imagine you in that place" Shruthi choked.

"Why me?" Rohan blinked.

"What if Gayathri hadn't broken up with you... And the two of you had ended up together??" Shruthi shuddered.

But Rohan chuckled loudly, and even Kunal couldn't help passing a small smile, though Shruthi blinked at both of them in confusion.

"She's older than me by 8 months... You think dadaji would have had allowed it?" Rohan chuckled, to which Kunal nodded.

"But..." Shruthi bit her lip.

"Besides, you think they'd want a Kapoor for their daughter?? We Kapoors are into fashion and movies and everything that old Mr. Raichand is against" Rohan rolled his eyes.

"But he did consider you for Naina" Shruthi raised her eyebrow.

"Maa considered him for Naina... Not dadaji" Kunal sighed.

"Well, I wouldn't have been in Abhi's state today anyway" Rohan shrugged.

"How's that?" Shruthi raised her eyebrow.

"Well firstly, I'd not have had agreed to marry her... Given how I was still in love with her sister..." Rohan trailed off as tears pricked his eyes.

"Rohan..." Shruthi patted his arm, given how Kunal had tightened his grip around her all of a sudden, not allowing her to go upto Rohan!

"I thought she'd fallen out of love with me.... didn't know that she never was in love with me" Rohan smiled wryly, sniffing his tears.

"Love is a pure emotion Rohan.... I think she was very selfish to ever understand that pure emotion" Kunal shrugged as he gazed at Dharam.

"Your younger sister is no less..." Rohan scoffed at Kunal.

"I know my friend Rohan... Naina had long forgotten Anand.. she was under the impression that she still loved him when she got married to Abhi, but truth was that she'd long moved on... She could have never done this to Abhi! She may have taken advantage of his feelings, but she is trying to mend the damage! Don't you fucking dare compare that opportunistic bitch with my friend!" Shruthi hissed.

"But from where I stand, I find no difference between them.... The way Naina treated Abhi is no different to what Gayathri did to Dharam" Rohan hissed.

"Similar... But not the same" Shruthi hissed back.

"Naina was scared... Of falling for Abhi, and then losing him like how she lost Anand. She thought Anand was her true love... But just like you, even she didn't really know the meaning of true love till she fell strong and hard for Abhi. And after that, she didn't know how to take it further... Even I did the same... I never knew how strong that feeling is... And once Shruthi left me... I didn't know what to do with myself... " Kunal sighed, kissing Shruthi on the side of her head.

"How can you say that I didn't truly love her?" Rohan glared at Kunal.

"When true love happens, you feel it... It is so strong... So powerful... You won't be ever able to come out of it... Shruthi had tried to move on from me.... Even I'd tried to move on from her.... And we hadn't met for so many years... But that day at Abhi Naina's wedding when we met, it was like as though even a day hadn't passed by since we'd last met!" Kunal sighed, kissing Shruthi on her cheek and gazing at her with so much love that her face glowed red with blush!

"He has truly loved her.. he cannot and would not want to move on from her" Shruthi whispered, indicating Dharam to Rohan.

"You were in love with the Gayathri who used to date you.. you were in love with the idea of being in love Rohan.... Sadly, even Naina did the same... She thought she loved Anand... But she was in love with that feeling and those good memories..." Kunal smiled.

Though Rohan shook his head at them both, he couldn't help gazing at Dharam with pity.

The elevator doors opened at the same time, revealing a disheveled Abhi, who stumbled into the room, looking at everyone in confusion.

"Are you drunk?" Shruthi glared at Abhi, the moment he slumped down on a sofa beside her.

"What nonsense! I was at the police station!" Abhi hissed, gladly accepting the glass of water that Rohan held out for him.

"What's this??" Shruthi gasped at the blood on Abhi's fist and scratches in his arms.

"Anand... He's um... In coma" Abhi gulped the water, before resting his back on the sofa.

As the three of them gazed at Abhi in shock, Dharam gulped down the whole glass of whiskey, burning his throat, but not soothing the burn on his heart.

"It was love at first sight for me" Dharam smiled weakly, his gaze stuck on the glass in his hand.

"Love at first sight with this glass?" Nikhil raised his eyebrow.

Though Dharam gave him a small smile, he couldn't help the tears pooling in his eyes.

"Kya kami thi mujh mein... I'd even asked her if she was okay with marrying me you know? She never told... And now... Him?? She loves him??" Dharam choked, his hands shaking with fury and sadness as he watched Rohan talking with Abhi.

"I don't mean to burst your bubble, but she never loved him as well... He was her financial supporter till you came along...and as bad as it sounds, she was in that relationship for sex and money only" Nikhil said bluntly.

"How do you..." Dharam began.

"He told me... They were together for a long time... And one day she suddenly ends things without any reason, and the next thing Rohan knows, she's married to you!" Nikhil scoffed.

"And you believe him? What if she actually did all this to get back with him?" Dharam hissed.

"You don't get it, do you??? She only ever loved herself!!" Nikhil rolled his eyes.

"But she loved me.. initially at least...." Dharam choked

"I don't mean to be rude bhai, but she was never in love with you... you were in a loveless marriage, just that you never knew about it" Nikhil smiled sadly at him.

There was silence between them as they silently sipped on their respective drinks, listening to Shruthi swear about Gaythri, and Abhi curse Anand in every language he knew!

"Naina is a lucky girl" Dharam smiled, as he heard Abhi cursing Anand, of how Anand had had more pictures of Naina, and how Abhi had ended up punching Anand to a pulp in that rage, sending him to the hospital.

"Abhi is lucky that Naina didn't turn out like di" Nikhil chuckled dryly.

"He is lucky" Dharam nodded, a rueful smile kissing his lips as he gazed at Abhi.

".. and that bitch had a backup plan, where she wanted to get Naina killed in an accident, if Anand's plan were to fail!!" Abhi hissed, his blood boiling we he recalled Gayathri's confessions from the police station earlier.

"What??" Rohan snapped his eyes to Abhi - he didn't know of this!

"Yes... She had hired an assassin to murder Naina, and one to kill that assassin as well... one huge-ass chain of assassins... Assassin A to murder Naina, assassin B to murder assassin A, assassin C to murder assassin B... apparently her final plan was to murder the last assassin, so that the trail can never lead upto her!" Abhi scoffed.

"And how many murders did she plan on??" Shruthi gaped at Abhi in horror.

"Of people who matter? Three..." Abhi sighed.

"Of people who didn't matter?" Dharam raised his eyebrow, as he walked over to Abhi.

"I couldn't listen to how many people she had planned on getting murdered to cover her trail" Abhi shook his head.

"She'd gotten 2 people murdered when she'd sent Anand to Switzerland" Rohan flicked his gaze to Dharam.

"A security guard from your grandfather's office building, and his wife..." Rohan sighed at Kunal, who gazed at him in horror.

"Those two people had apparently helped her take Anand to the hospital after your grandfather had mashed him into a pulp.... And then they cared for him till he was sent away to Switzerland.... Apparently she murdered them with a poison that made the murder look like a normal food poisoning case" Rohan pinched the bridge of his nose.

"So she's murdered two people so far?" Dharam gaped at Rohan in horror.

"According to her yes..." Abhi trailed off.

"But I could trace her to 1 more murder... " Rohan glanced at Abhi.

"She was not ready to take the blame for the death of that ward-boy who's wife used to work as the housekeeping staff at RGI office... But she did agree that over the years she's looted around 80 crores from RGI" Abhi sighed.

"80 crores?" Kunal gaped at Abhi.

"But as per her bank records it is over a 150 crores" Nikhil shook his head. His legal team and finance team had done a thorough check on Anand's various records in the past few days. And just a couple of hours ago, they were able to trace the accounts to Gayathri, with Anand's help of course!

"Don't you think she took from his company as well?" Abhi asked Nikhil, indicating Dharam.

"Possible... We weren't able to trace the source from where she got... But she's bloody brilliant.... She was taking up such small amounts in over 10 years... We had to go through every minute detail, every transaction in her bank accounts and the company finance records to do the match!" Nikhil shook his head.

"And she's not opening her mouth about any bank accounts... It was only Anand's words so far... But will his testimony be enough?" Abhi asked, looking from Rohan to Nikhil.

"This Reyansh that she spoke about... Who is he?" Dharam asked all of a sudden, looking at Kunal.

"Apparently he was her classmate in college... I've seen him a couple of times... But don't know anything about him" Rohan shrugged.

"Did she truly love..." Dharam gulped, looking away.

Whilst the others gazed at him in pity, Rohan smiled wryly.

"She never loved me... She never loved anyone except her own useless self!" Rohan sighed, making Dharam look at him.

"And you?" Dharam asked, still gazing at Rohan.

"How does it matter?" Rohan smiled ruefully, though his eyes glistened and he looked away before getting to his feet.

"How are you?" Abhi asked Dharam as Rohan walked away into one of the bedrooms.

"I've been loads better" Dharam smiled sadly, running his hand through his hair.

"And you'll be back to being loads better with time" Nikhil chirped brightly.

"I am going to Scotland in a couple of days...." He said all of a sudden, making everyone blink at him in confusion.

"I don't intend to return" he smiled sadly.

"We got a court date for this Thursday for Gayathri's hearing" Abhi looked at Dharam.

"Doesn't matter" Dharam shrugged.

"Will you be divorcing her?" Shruthi bit her lip.

Dharam gazed at her for a moment, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"Whatever she is, whatever she was, sadly, I love her... I don't think I can move on... I don't want to move on... But I don't want to see her either..." He choked.

"You're still young..." Nikhil trailed off, making Dharam chuckle.

"Young hone se kya farak padta hai? Pyar toh zindagi mein ek hi baar hoti hai... Aur ek hi insaan se hoti hai... I can't be here and watch her suffer.... It's best I move away.." he sighed.

{translation -  How does it matter? True love happens only once in a lifetime, and with one person only}

Silence descended upon everyone till finally Dharam spoke again.

"I should be going..." Dharam trailed off, getting to his feet.

"I'll come with you" Kunal and Nikhil offered, both of them getting to their feet as well.

"I won't harm myself if that's what you're worried about.. my life still has purpose.. I have my family to think about" Dharam smiled at both the men.

"Nah I want a ride back home" Nikhil grinned, though he looked relieved st Dharam's words.

"And I want to get drunk at your place" Kunal chuckled.

"I'm staying here for a while" Abhi nodded at the three men.

"You want me to pick up Naina?" Nikhil asked, his eyes glittering.

"Yes... But please don't flirt with Priya" Abhi sighed.

"Tauba tauba... Flirting jaise ashleel kaam hum nahi karte" Nikhil said seriously, patting his cheeks, though his eyes glittered with mischief.

{translation - Oh Gosh no!! I don't do anything as indecent as flirting!!} 

"God save Priya" Shruthi groaned as Nikhil winked, before walking away with Dharam and Kunal.

"She'll murder me" Abhi sighed, moving to slump down beside Shruthi.

"You? She's gonna bury me alive first!" Shruthi rolled her eyes, resting her head on Abhi's shoulder.

But Abhi sat up straight all of a sudden, making Shruthi frown.

"Rohan!" he gasped, getting to hiss feet and running to the bedroom to which Rohan had gone. And without even bothering to knock, Abhi barged in, expecting the worst.

But he felt his breath getting knocked out of his lungs as his eyes landed on Rohan, who was stood in front of a life-size portrait of Gayathri that was hung on the wall right in front of the king-size bed.

Without even bothering to wipe the tears streaming down his face, Rohan gazed at the picture of the woman whom he'd loved with all his heart.

"You need to get rid of that picture" Abhi hissed, walking into the room.

"This is her... from ten years ago" Rohan smiled sadly, finally wiping his tears.

"Ten years ago too she wasn't in love with you!" Abhi hissed.

"But I am in love with her" Rohan shrugged. He moved towards his table to catch hold of a vase, wanting to hurl it on the picture and shatter it into a thousand pieces. 

"You're messed up!! That bitch is a murdered!! She was going to get her sister and brother murdered!!" Abhi shook his head as he sat down at the foot of the bed, gazing at Rohan in pity.

"The Gayathri I am in love with was not like that" Rohan shrugged, sitting beside Abhi, gazing at the picture in front of him.

"Am in love?" Abhi raised his eyebrow.

"Hmm... I was in love with her... I am in love with those memories" Rohan shrugged.

For a moment, Abhi couldn't help but remember Priya, of how Rohan's words sounded like some insane words of Priya!!

And he wondered - whom could he set up Priya with?? Rohan, or Nikhil?

"Can you give me a hand?? Need to move this picture out of my bedroom" Rohan got to his feet, choking as he looked back at Abhi.

"Rohan..." Abhi sighed as he too got to his feet - how could he console someone who's just realized that the love of his life never was in love with him?

**********************

Nodding, Naina giggled - it was so easy to talk to Priya, she frowned - who was this woman?

"My ex is like that... So full of himself!" Priya rolled her eyes.

"My ex always worshipped me though" Naina whispered, before biting her lip.

As Priya raised her eyebrow, Naina couldn't help twist her mouth - the memories of the afternoon flashed, making bile rise up her throat.

"He worshipped me within the limits of his selfish desires!" She scoffed, her hands shaking with rage.

"That is human nature, isn't it?" Priya raised her eyebrow.

"Not everyone is like that! Abhi ko dekh lo... He loves me... Even after everything I did... the way he worships me...." Naina welled as she recalled how Abhi had shielded her in the cafe, sensing her need for him!

"..even today..." Naina choked, tears streaming down her face.

"All his worshiping is for only you! He told me I remind him of an old teacher!" Priya scoffed, making Naina blink at her.

"Look at me, so young... I'm around 5 years younger to him, and he calls me budhdhi!" Priya twisted her mouth, looking and sounding so adorable, Naina couldn't help but giggle

"Even that Nikhil... Abhimanyu's friend... He too seems very full of himself... Such a big flirt.." Priya pursed her lips, still stewing in anger, making Naina burst out laughing.

"He's a big time flirt yes, but he's also my cousin" Naina grinned.

"Big time flirt? More like an over enthusiastic chihuahua!!" Priya rolled her eyes, making Naina roll around with laughter.

"You should have had heard his comebacks to Di today .." Naina bit her lip, but froze as she recalled the events at that cafe.

"I heard he had a very amusing playlist" Priya went on.

"My di did everything... Because she's jealous of me.." Naina spoke all of a sudden.

"Jealousy is a slow poison... There are some people who use that jealousy to their advantage and become a better person, and few who let jealousy destroy them... " Priya trailed off, sighing.

"I never liked di... I liked her in an she's my sister so I have to sort of way, but I never loved her like how I loved bhai" Naina smiled sadly.

"The bond of a brother and his sister is the sweetest na?" Priya sighed.

"I am my parents' only child... But I have one older cousin sister.. her husband.. my jiju... I'm closer to him than I ever was with my sister... He's the brother I never had" Priya smiled brightly, making Naina too smile.

There was something about Priya that made Naina want to sit here and listen to her, even talk to her, tell her how heavy her heart weighs!

"You're not having any of the cookies... Are they so bad?" Priya pouted at Naina.

"No no they're excellent" Naina smiled, helping herself to another cookie.

"My munchkin helped me bake it... My cousin brother's son I mean.." Priya shrugged.

"Does Abhi like these cookies?" Naina bit her lip, peeking up at Priya.

"Who knows? I've never given these cookies to him... Bhukkad kahika... He wouldn't even give me a taste of the halwa you'd made... Mr. Bakasur doesn't share food" Priya twisted her mouth again, making Naina giggle.

Naina opened her mouth to say something, but bit her lip, not knowing how to put her thoughts in words.

But Priya waited patiently, smiling expectantly at Naina.

"Is it... Normal... To feel whatever I'm feeling now?" Naina finally asked, putting down the empty cup of coffee.

"What is it, that you feel?" Priya raised her eyebrow.

"I... I feel sorry for Dharam jiju... I feel sorry for Rohan... I... I am not angry on di... But I feel betrayed" Naina bit her lip as tears stung her eyes.

She hadn't had it in her to look up at everyone, but she'd peeked at her jiju, and even at Rohan. The look on Dharam's face as he'd watched Gayathri declaring her love for Rohan had broken her. Though she had always avoided her sister and brother in law, she had a deep respect for Dharam, for the way he showered his wife with love, and how he respected her, and almost worshipped her!

And Rohan... She had heard from Shruthi about his feelings for Gayathri, but the disgust on his shattered face when he'd learnt of Gayathri's true nature had twisted her gut.

But Priya didn't say anything, except gaze at her with a blank expression on her face.

There was a soft knock on the door, making Naina jump, and she bit her lip, wondering how she'd face him if it was Abhi on the other side of the door!

But a wave of disappointment washed over Naina as she found a pretty girl peek into the room, looking at Priya.

And as Priya nodded her head, the newcomer walked in, with a covered plate in her hand. She was very pretty, with a petite figure and her fair flawless skin! Dressed in a coral chiffon saree with her shoulder length hair left open, and her heart-shaped face glowing and her big bright eyes twinkling, she had a smile etched on her lips, making Naina smile as well.

"This is my assistant and friend, Diya" Priya smiled, indicating the pretty girl to Naina.

The girl smiled sweetly at her, before placing the plate on the table in front of her.

"This is Abhimanyu Singhania's wife, Naina Singhania" Priya said, indicating Naina to Diya.

Diya gasped, gazing at Naina in amazement, making Naina frown.

"She looks so much more prettier than in her pictures!!" Diya squealed, making blood rush to Naina's cheeks.

"Is it true that Mr. Abhimanyu Singhania fell for you the moment he saw you?" Diya asked, gazing at Naina in awe.

As more blood rushed to her cheeks, Naina nodded her head shyly, to which Diya squealed as well.

"Alright D... You go I'll call you later" Priya nodded, before she took off in her usual over-excited state.

"Right.. well call me if you need anything" she smiled, and left, making Naina gaze at her retreating form.

But the wonderful fragrance of dal-chawal made Naina snap her head towards the plate on the table which had her comfort food - rice and dal with a little bit of pickle, and her tummy rumble with hunger.

"Please help yourself" Priya chuckled as Naina's tummy rumbled loudly again.

Priya watched Naina intently as she helped herself to the food, moaning at how good it tasted, making Priya smile.

"Did you like it?" Priya asked Naina, as she finished the food, some 10 minutes later, and licked her lips appreciatively.

"Very good... Reminds me of home" Naina bit her lip.

"It should... Your mom made it" Priya smiled, handing a glass of water to Naina.

Naina blinked, before tears blinded her vision. But she shook her head. She couldn't think about any of it. Not now, not ever!!

"Can I ask a favor from you?" Priya asked as Naina sipped on her glass of water with shaky hands.

Nodding, Naina put the glass down on the table, looking intently at Priya.

"Don't touch your face for 5 minutes" Priya said all of sudden, making Naina blink.

"Your time starts now" Priya grinned, lazing back on her chair, watching Naina intently, who suddenly felt hot, like as though she was under a spotlight.

"But why?" Nain frowned.

"Just like that" Priya shrugged, watching Naina intently.

Though Naina bit her lip and looked away, she couldn't help but wonder - was Priya alright in her head?

Why was she not allowed to touch her own face?

At that precise moment, she felt the tip of her nose itch and had just lifted her hand to ease the itch when Priya chuckled.

"I asked you to not touch your face for a full 5 minutes! And It's not even been a minute..." She giggled.

"But it's itching" Naina scowled, as now even her right cheek began to itch.

Why was she not allowed to ease the itch??

And now, the base of her nose began to itch! And now her chin began to itch.

"I quit!" Naina hissed, easing the itch and moaning at how good it felt.

"Panch minute ruk nahi sakti thi aap?" Priya chuckled.

{translation - couldn't you wait for five minutes?!}

"Well the more I avoided thinking about it, the more it itched!" Naina narrowed her eyes at Priya.

"Exactly!! The more you avoid thinking about something, the more it ruffles you... And the more you end up thinking about it" Priya smiled warmly at Naina, her eyes twinkling.

And Naina froze - what was she hinting at?

"Once you give into the thought, and have finished easing the itch, do you think about it?" Priya smiled at Naina, who pouted.

"No.." she trailed off, as Priya smiled at her.

Naina bit her lip - the invitation was tempting - to let go off the thoughts in her heart and mind, telling them to Priya and getting it off her chest.

And before she knew it, she had poured out her heart, of how the man she thought was the love of her life, was a mere puppet at the hands of her own sister!! And her sister... She ruined her life just because she was jealous?

There was silence after Naina had finished with her monologue, and she knew Priya would judge her - Naina was married to Abhi and yet she'd told him that she wouldn't ever love him!

"What hurt you the most?" Priya asked after a long silence.

"Anand's lie" Naina said honestly.

"I almost lost Abhi because of him... I've learnt to live without Anand... But I don't think I'll be able to live without Abhi in my life" Naina choked.

"Why do you think Abhimanyu is going to leave you?" Priya raised her eyebrow.

"I haven't treated him right... Even at the cafe... He was there for me... But... He's angry on me... I can sense it... He's pissed off very badly" Naina bit her lip, tears blinding her vision again.

"If it was the other way around... If you were in his place and he was in your's, what would you have had done?" Priya asked.

"I'd have given him an earful, but held onto him tightly" Naina smiled ruefully.

"Well then, congratulations... Because he's not just going to give you an earful, but even going to bite your head off" Priya grinned.

"Sachchi?" Naina blinked, a shy smile curling her lips. Would Abhi not ignore her or leave her?

{translation - really?!}

"Jab aap unn se milengi, unhi se puchlijiye" Priya winked, making Naina grin.

{translation - Ask him yourself when you meet up with him}

At the same time, the door to Priya's office opened, and blood rose up Naina's cheeks - it had to be Abhi.

But disappointment flooded her body as she found Nikhil at the threshold, grinning broadly.

But as Priya groaned, Naina chuckled.

"Ms... I mean... Doctor... Doctor Priya...." Nikhil sighed, walking into the room.

Doctor?? Naina blinked.

"What are you doing here??" Priya almost groaned - how could Diya let someone in when she was already with a patient? Specially when this intruder happened to be the biggest flirt on Earth?!

"Fuck!! I'm lost!" Nikhil stopped on his feet, clutching his head and gazing at both the women in horror.

"Finally you realize!" Priya rolled her eyes.

"I'm so lost!!! Can I have the directions to your heart?" Nikhil fluttered his eyes at Priya, grinning broadly, making Priya face-palm herself, whilst Naina burst out laughing.

But unabashed, Nikhil walked forward, till he stopped to kneel next to Priya's sofa, making her blink at him in confusion.

"Did it hurt??" he asked seriously, making Priya frown.

"When you fell from heaven?"  Nikhil gave her his brightest smile, making Priya roll her eyes.

"Can someone call the cops?" Nikhil said seriously.

"Yes Nainaji please call the cops!! There's an intruder in my office!!" Priya clutched at her head in despair, whilst Naina burst out laughing.

But Naina stopped, for her heart had started drumming loudly in her ears, and she felt the hair at the back of her neck standing straight. And even before she could catch her heart, it leapt in joy, for her man was here, standing at the door, looking as stunning as he always did.

"I'm lost" Naina heard herself telling loudly, gazing at Abhi, making both Priya and Nikhil gaze at her in shock.

"What?? What happened?" Abhi rushed into the room, gazing at Naina in shock, before he turned to glare at Priya - what had Priya done to his girl?

"I'm so lost... can you give me the directions to your heart??" Naina said pouted, looking intently up at Abhi, who had frozen on the spot as he gazed at her in shock.

But Priya and Nikhil were gaping at Naina, before turning to look at one another in shock, before finally looking at Abhi, who looked more shocked then they themselves actually felt - was Naina using the pickup line that Nikhil had just used on Priya?!

To be continued...

A/n - another long update. Next update will be in next week.

Hope you liked the chapter. I for one couldn't stop laughing as I read Nikhil's cheesy pickup lines hehe!!

Do leave your comments!!

Take care.
Love,
Megha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.4K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...
1.7M 90.8K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
36.6K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
75.3K 7.6K 34
Growing up she believed she had to live life to the fullest, she could not afford to spend her time on anyone! Growing up he believed life had no mea...