Part 64

***Abhimanyu's P. O. V***

I blinked, and blinked some more, as my eyes fell on Naina. But all the words failed me as I saw her hand being grasped by that handsome man, who caressed her hand lovingly, before brushing his lips to her hand.

Tears pooled in my eyes and for a moment, I forgot where I was, or who was with me, or what I was doing there. All I could take in, was the image of the woman I loved, with her hand grasped by a man I didn't know, who looked at her with unmistakable love in his eyes.

"Abhi!! Are you ok?" a feminine voice near me snapped me to reality, and I blinked as I turned my head to Shruthi

I opened my mouth to speak, but I wanted to watch the scene unfurling below me in the hotel. I wanted to watch my Naina with this other man who obviously loved her. Did she love him too? I wanted to watch my heart burn because I deserved it... I was just a man she had married due to some obligation, wasn't I?!

And as I looked down from our balcony table, wiping my tears away, Naina was saying something to that man, which clutched at my heart, forcing more tears to my eyes, whilst my heart felt like it was set on fire - she didn't pull her hand out of his grip?!

But to my utter amazement and delight, I saw Naina pull her hand away from him, rather forcefully from the looks of it, before grabbing a tissue and wiping her hand on it, as though his touch disgusted her.

Even from this distance, the fire dancing in the man's eyes was evident, as he hissed inaudible words to her. But Naina was no less - she was my feisty girl afterall!! Her eyes too were glowing with that fire in them, before she touched her neck, and got to her feet.

And she walked away whilst the man continued to talk - like as though she didn't care for his words!!

"Abhi!! Oh my God!!! ABHI!!! THAT'S.... but how could it be?!" Shruthi's gasp made me turn my attention towards her, a smile tugging at my lips - my Naina had moved away from the man!! But my insides squirmed unpleasantly at the image of this handsome stranger touching Naina's hand so possessively!!

"T...tha....that.... that.... it's.... but... that's Anand!!" I heard Shruthi gasp, as her eyes finally traveled to the handsome stranger I was now looking at with narrowed eyes.

I blinked as Shruthi's words finally fell to my ears- THAT HANDSOME MAN IS ANAND?!

I blinked, and blinked some more, trying to comprehend the situation, whilst also observing the man, who still was sat at the same table, looking at the tissue that Naina had used to wipe her mouth. 

A wistful smile kissed his lips as  he took the tissue and kissed it, as though he was kissing her!! And pocketing it, he got to his feet. As the waiter came to him with the bill, this Anand... he took out some money from his wallet and handed it to the waiter, and left, without a backward glance!!

Naina was here... to meet her ex Anand... the man who's name she still had tattooed to her heart to this day. 

But then I blinked as I recalled our conversation from the car earlier today - she said she had gotten a message from her dadaji - she was to meet him.

Then why was she here meeting Anand?! 

"Abhi? Are you alright?" Shruthi's hand tapped my arm and I blinked.

As she passed me a tissue, I realized that tears were streaming down my face, though a hungry fire was burning at the base of my stomach, and my heart too felt like it was on fire.

I sniffed, and took the tissue that Shruthi had handed to me, wiping my face with it.

I gazed at the void in front of me, not knowing what to do, what to feel, what to think.