Part 34

***Naina's P. O. V***

Putting Abhi's shoes away, I removed his socks next, to put it along with my laundry. Finally I sat next to him on the bed, to undo his jacket and his bow-tie.

It was an easy task to remove his bow-tie, but much more difficult than they shown in the movies to remove his jacket - heaving for breath, I somehow removed his right hand from the jacket sleeve, but my dear pati-parmeshwar turned to his left, proving it all the more difficult for me to remove the jacket from his left hand.

Finally giving up hope, I shook him to wake him up.

"Abhi...." I hissed in his ear multiple times for him to finally moan and turn, leaving his left hand free for me.

It took me another few minutes to tug the jacket completely out of him and put it away, by which time I was panting like I'd done a set of cardio!

Well at least the worst part was done... Now to undo his belt!

Bending down, I undid his belt and tried to pull it out of his trousers, but my dear heavy husband who was now lying flat in his back didn't even move and the belt wouldn't even come out of the trouser! 

"Abhi.... Abhi!!" I yelled in his ear, finally to which he sat bolt upright, his eyes wide open.

"What? Naina? What? How?" He slurred a little, looking around and scratching his head, looking like a small child.

"Just help me undo your belt" I sighed, trying to pry the belt out.

"Huh?" He pouted, looking from his trouser to me, and then back.

"You're drunk Abhi! I'm tired... Just... Remove your belt and then we can go to sleep" I sighed, to which he pouted as he slowly removed the belt and handed it to me, still pouting.

Smiling at him, I took the belt and took it to the wardrobe along with his suit jacket. When I finally came back, he was still sitting in the bed, a glum expression on his face.

"You want something? Or you'll directly go to sleep?" I asked, helping myself to some water, sitting next to him on the bed.

"Why can't you love me?" He asked and to my horror, tears streamed down his face. 

"It hurts so much... I want to throw it away... make the pain go away please!" he sobbed, taking my hand and placing it over his heart, tears still flowing freely.

I sighed, not knowing what to say. Guilt rose in me, along with the familiar self hate that I was so used to by now. 

"You tell me what must I do for you to love me?!" He hiccuped, wiping his tears and looking innocently at me.

"I..." I trailed off, not knowing what to tell him. 

"My heart hurts... I don't know what to do! Take it away from me..." he sobbed, pouting.

"Come we'll sleep and talk about this in the morning" I sighed, hoping he'd forget all this by tomorrow morning.

"Pinky promise?" He pouted, holding out his right hand's pinky finger.

I smiled and nodded, not wanting to make a promise I can't keep. He beamed before slopping down on the bed, holding my hand in a tight grip on his chest exactly over his heart.

Unable to do anything else, I sighed, lying down on the bed beside him, with my hand still under his tight grip.

Sleep seemed a long distance away and all I could think of is how he'd react the day he finds out the truth about me... About my past.