Part 54

***Abhimanyu's P. O. V***

"You guys even had sex!! You were together for quite some time?! When were you even planning on telling me this huh?!" I hissed at Rohan, who looked at me in horror.

"Bro!! I agree that Naina and I used to date back in college... but I swear... we never got physical!!" Rohan shook his head.

"What the fuck?!" Nikhil's muffled voice made me clench my jaw and ball my fists in anger.

"Nik just shut up and stop eavesdropping!!" Rohan yelled back.

"C'mon this is... Ouch.." Nikhil's muffled voice trailed off followed by his voice yelping in pain.

"...but c'mon this is huge!! Naina and Rohan used to date!! And your mom wanted them to get married.. Rohan was your mom's first choice for Naina!! It's effin hugeeee" Nikhil's indignant voice was muffled but loud, followed by some incomprehensible argument in Kunal's voice.

"Nikhil... Humme thoda privacy do aur hummara baat mat sun yar! Warna teri gaand kaat k hath m de dunga!!" I yelled back.

{translation - Nikhil! Please give us some privacy and stop eavesdropping on our conversation... else Imma gonna cut your dick and hand it to ya!}

And when Nikhil didn't offer a counter reply, I turned to glare at Rohan.

"Okay I didn't know about Naina's mom's plans... But Naina and I only ever dated for a short time... And we never got physical!" Rohan said indignantly.

"What bullshit?! Naina is quite convinced that the two of you got physical after some party at the end of college?!" I hissed, my breath coming out as sharp gasps.

I took a step towards Rohan, looking menacingly at him - he was my friend?! He used to date my wife back in college but never told me about it?! He even slept with her and he never told me about it?!

It's not the fact that they dated which bothers me - it's the fact that they were probably in love once upon a time... were they deeply in love?! Did I come in-between them?! Would their love rekindle over time?! 

And Naina... My wife... She claims to love me and yet hid this part of her life from me?!

Is she keeping some other secret from me or is this it?!

"I don't know why she feels that way but we never had sex!! Ever!! Yes after we'd broken-up, we met again at a party at the end of college, and we got very drunk... she came back to my room with me and a few of our friends, but I swear nothing happened between us!! It seems that I'd puked all over myself, and ended up sleeping naked on my bed... but I assure you... I didn't have sex with your wife!!" Rohan's voice made me snap to reality. He looked quite serious as he spoke and he looked me dead in the eye, as though willing me to believe him.

"I swear Abhi!!! Naina and I didn't have sex... Ever! We weren't even in love! She was one of the few Indians on campus and she was cute... We struck a friendship and I asked her out... We dated for a while and then it just... Ended! And then at the end of college, we happened to meet at that party, got super drunk.... We slept on the same bed but didn't have sex.... And that's all I saw or heard of her, till I saw her again here... As your wife!!" Rohan said in one breath, looking seriously at me.

"But Naina still believes that the two of you had sex..." I mumbled, looking at Rohan to read his facial expression.

"Arre usko koi galat faimi ho gayi hai bhai! Maanta hu, achchi dikhti thi, aur meine try bhi kiya uske sath... But woh kabhi nahi maani!! She was so hung up on her ex... It was a surprise that she even agreed to date me in the first place! We used to kiss, but nothing happened more than that!!  She used to always talk about her ex and never wanted to take the next step with me!! As time went on, I realized that sure she's cool to hang-out with as a friend, but I don't like her romantically... So we broke up. And that's all there was ever between us - a decent friendship. I used to help her talk about her ex and help her move on, go out for movies 'n stuff... But there was nothing deep and meaningful between us... Ever! And that's the truth Abhi.. if Naina feels that she and I had ever been intimate, then she's wrong... And I'm ready to tell this to her as well. A few other of my friends too had crashed in my room that night and they're proof to what I am saying - Naina and I didn't have sex that night... we have never had sex with one another!! And this is the truth Abhi!" Rohan said finally, holding my gaze.