Part 65

A note from the author - 

Firstly, I am blown (quite literally!) by the amount of response I got for the previous chapter. 303 comments people!! WOOH!! I am thrilled, honored and most of all, exhilarated that you people sit and read each line of the story with such attention and take in everything... you've made me emotional with all this love. 

I've read all the comments (made a great entertainment as I sat through a 6 hour meeting in Mandrin! ) and well thank you so all for this love.

Before we go ahead with this chapter, I have a quiz... or rather, a question (a set of questions) for you all, if you're interested in it. I know that the book is almost about to end and it makes no sense to pick out the actors to play the leads in this book, but even then, just for curiosity, I was wondering, whom you'd pick to play the following characters (P.S - @RHYTHM-ROSE you're not allowed to answer since we've already discussed this :P )

1. Abhimanyu Singhania

2. Naina Raichand

3. Kunal Raichand

4. Shruthi Raichand

5. Rohan Kapoor

6. Anand

7. Dadaji

8. Nikhil

I will share my response to the same in the next chapter hehe. I had already thought of the characters when I was writing the story, but still, I'd love to hear all your responses.

For now, enjoy the chapter ;)

***Naina's P. O. V***

My head was throbbing more than ever, and I blinked, wondering why my head was aching. My eyes felt heavy and my insides were squirming in hunger.

Slowly, stretching myself on the soft warm bed, I opened a slit in my eyes and looked - the room was still dark, meaning neither had Abhi woken, nor was it morning yet.

But I frowned at the absence of Abhi's arms around me, or his warm breath fanning my face, or yet, the warmth of his chest against my back.

I turned around, but the bed beside me was empty - hardly slept on!! But my eyes grew wide in shock and horror as I realized this wasn't my room!!

Sitting bolt upright, I looked around - the room was smaller than the bedroom I shared with Abhi. It had a couple of indoor plants at the corners, but the painting that Abhi had painted - it wasn't there above the bed. The room in itself looked like it lacked life!!

And then realization hit me - as I recalled the events of the evening when Abhi had declared that we'd have a loveless marriage indeed.

Tears streamed down my face as I realized that Abhi had meant every word he'd said, and I wouldn't get him back in my arms again.

But ignoring my throbbing head, I wiped my eyes and got up as a sudden realization hit me - I had slumped down and probably even fallen asleep downstairs near the main door. How did I end up on a bed, if Abhi hadn't carried me upstairs?

He still loved me, and he didn't leave me there in the cold.. he obviously carried me in his arms and brought me here!!

I couldn't help the smile curling my lips at this thought - all I had to do is go wrap my arms around him and kiss him senseless, and he'd forgive me!!

Without even bothering to care about what time it was, I rushed out of the room, to find myself in the dimly lit hallway and I froze - it was still much before daybreak I knew it!! But without caring for the time, I rushed - toward Abhi's bedroom.