Part 66

***Naina's P. O. V***

Pouting to myself, I toyed with the end of my saree pallu, peeking out at Abhi from my place in the kitchen. After the disastrous breakfast-lunch trial of mine yesterday when Abhi had skipped breakfast because I'd made it, and left from his office after I'd taken lunch from him, all my spirits had ebbed away.

I had a hundred calls from office that I was yet to return, and a couple of calls from dadaji too, but nothing mattered anymore, specially because Abhi was upset with me. He wouldn't even look at me!!

But Shruthi had insisted that I try and try till I succeeded. It had been so long since Abhi had held me in his arms, so long since he'd spoken properly to me... so long since I'd been pampered by him!!

But today, things would fall into place hopefully!! After having prepared his breakfast, I'd returned back to the kitchen, telling Kavita to lie that she'd prepared his breakfast. I'd made him his favorite halwa-puri and a fruit salad because that's what he preferred on Fridays for breakfast.

I'd also packed him his lunch - rajma, chawal and his favorite gajar-ka-halwa. 

After having arranged the dining table neatly for him, with an assortment of drinks ranging from black coffee to fresh orange juice to milk, I'd taken refuge in the kitchen, hiding behind the wall right next to the kitchen door.

Abhi hadn't spoken anything so far, and chancing a glance, I saw him deeply immersed in his phone as he read something, his eyebrows knotted in concentration.

Today too he was dressed in a black three-piece suit, his hair pulled back and set neatly using gel, and that perfect black beard, a vein ticking in his temple as he pursed his lips in displeasure and continued to gaze at his phone screen.

And my breath hitched in my throat as his gaze finally moved to the breakfast in front of him - he was gonna eat the food I'd prepared for him and then I'd apologize to him.

But.... Abhi shot his gaze to Kavita and raised his eyebrow and pursed his lips again, clenching his jaw tightly.

"Abhi baba... have your breakfast... you shouldn't keep your food waiting" Kavita said, indicating him to eat.

Abhi nodded and sniffed at the halwa-puri before sighing.

"Kavita... please tell Miss Raichand that she's our guest... she needn't cook and show false affection for anybody" Abhi said in his booming voice as he got to his feet.

I jumped in my skin and hid myself behind the kitchen wall so that I was completely hidden from his gaze.

"But I made this for you.." Kavita said hastily.

"You can also tell Miss Raichand to stop pushing you forward to cover up her actions" Abhi said irritably as tears pooled in my eyes.

"Abhi..." Kavita began but he cut her in.

"I need to go Kavita... I might not be back until Saturday evening" he sighed.

Unable to hold onto myself anymore, I rushed out of the kitchen, to find a stunned Abhi. I bit my lip as I saw his eyes travel all along my body, taking in the peach colored saree I was wearing - he loved this saree on me, he had gifted it to me on one of our dates.

But the moment his eyes met mine, he pursed his lips and looked away.

"Abhi please... listen..." I began but he cut me in.

"Miss Raichand you're our guest. Do as you please but don't step into that kitchen" he pursed his lips.

Tears fell from my eyes and I almost let out a sob at how ruthless he looked.