Part 59

The winter rain fell pitter-patter onto the window of the cafe, falling thick and hard due to the heavy wind. It was an unexpected rainfall, due to which pedestrians ran hither-thither to save from the rain.

But none of this bothered the people sitting inside the posh cafe, where it was warm and filled with the fragrance of freshly brewing coffee and that of freshly baked cake. 

Though the lightening forked brightly outside in the thick black cloudy sky, the sound of the thunder didn't reach the inside of the posh cafe. Situated on the 10th floor of a plush high-rise building that catered specifically for the rich and the classy, it had individual booths all facing away from one another, giving each table the privacy it required.

 Situated on the 10th floor of a plush high-rise building that catered specifically for the rich and the classy, it had individual booths all facing away from one another, giving each table the privacy it required

With large roof-high glass wall giving a good view of the streets below, the cafe also had a roof-top seating service that was currently unavailable, thanks to the sudden downpour of rain. A soft classical music issued through the speakers from the roof of the cafe, that didn't altogether dull the babble of the people eating and drinking and talking in the cafe.

But none of these mattered to the young man sitting in an empty booth next to the window near a corner table. He was of course waiting for someone - but whom?! Though he was dressed in a simple blue turtle-neck sweater and beige pants, from the Tag-heuer watch strapped around his hand, to the customized mobile phone lying on the table in front of him - every inch of him screamed of richness. He scratched his bearded cheek, thinking of all the times he had wanted to come to a place like this for a date with the love of his life, making him smile wryly. But he was here, and soon, she'd be here too, with him, and the thought of a date with her made his heart flutter like that of a newly married bride!

A waiter walked up to his table to ask if he wanted anything else, but he shook his head  - he already had a cup of coffee in front of him, and he smirked - he was one happy man today!! 

Though the clouds had been growing thick and dark from morning, yet nobody thought of carrying an umbrella - Anand smirked. Of course, people never have a back up plan... not everyone could be as smart as him!! He always had a back-up plan. And just like last time, he had a back-up plan this time as well.

He smirked as he recalled how good the day had gone by - his 'plan-A' had fallen into place like a missing piece of the jig-saw puzzle - just perfect! 

He was officially the owner of 45% shares to RGI as of today - with one of the most robust and feared businessman of the day right under his feet, always ready to do his bidding.

But Anand's smirk just grew wider and more evil as his eyes fell on the old man making his way towards him - though Mr. Raichand was over 70 years old with all his hair turned silver and a matching bushy white mustache, his age didn't really match the way the man carried himself.

Usually walking straight, with an air of authority and purpose around him, glaring down at everyone who'd meet his gaze, today however Mr. Raichand looked very somber as he made his into the cafe, walking straight to the corner where Anand was sat. He was dressed in a grey suite with a matching tie and shoes that shone like diamonds under the glittering cafe lights.