Part 38

***Abhimanyu's P. O. V***

My tears had started flowing the moment Naina had told me that her grandfather was going to Shruthi's parents' place to talk about Shruthi and Kunal's marriage and looking at the same happiness etched on Rohan's face brought more tears to my face.

I was surely a little taken aback seeing the lack of the same level of enthusiasm on Naina's face - c'mon it's her best friend and her brother! I had expected her to weep, and maybe even kiss me in happiness!! Sure she had tears in her eyes but Rohan and I actually wept in happiness okay?! Thoda sa toh reaction banta hai na?!

But then again, Naina has always been a closed-book for as long as I've known her {even though I've not known her for a very long time, but still..} so maybe she is happy but that she hides her emotions better?!

Still wondering what Rohan meant by 'all the girls I love are already married or gearing up to marry some other guy', Rohan and I made our way to Shruthi's bedroom to give the two love birds the good news.

Rohan is a chilled-out guy and is much more popular amongst people and the paparazzi thanks to his friendly nature! But even with his flirting nature, I've never known him to never fall for any girl!! And frankly, I've never seen him as serious or as somber as he's been today!!

Rohan is a good friend of mine and a really good human and a good friend to his friends but man he flirts a lot!! He can get girls to go weak in their knees by just a few words!! I actually had a slight insecurity about Naina facing him {okay maybe a little more than slight because my sasuraal wale i.e Naina's family, i.e. her grandfather was considering Rohan as a match for Naina}, but then I recalled the time she'd told me that I was a better choice than him, and also the fact that she doesn't believe in love!

But why was Rohan sad anyways?! 

"Now let's give this sweet news to the love birds in there shall we?! Wait... you don't think they've gotten down to business now do ya?!" Rohan asked, putting a full-stop to my train of thoughts as we reached the bedroom.

"Dude!! Nah they might be kissing... but nothing more!" I shrugged, pushing all the thoughts aside.

And as I opened the bedroom door open, we found Kunal's lips glued to Shruthi, the two of them kissing fiercely, making me grin sheepishly.

"Hey what do you know?! I was right!!" I snickered, at Rohan, and found Kunal being pushed away by a shy Shruthi, her face resembling a ripe tomato as she hid behind Kunal.

Kunal hissed cuss words at us, but the relief and happiness on his face for being accepted by Shruthi was inevitable.

"Well at least someone has found love and is getting a happy ending!" Rohan's voice issued somewhere in the background as I continued to wink and snicker at Kunal, who though swore loudly, was blushing to the roots of his hair!

"Hmpf true.... at least someone is happy and getting a happy ending!" I smiled ruefully, remembering my own loveless marriage.

As I looked at a very somber Rohan and then at the blushing love birds, my own heart swelled with joy and love for my friends - at least someone's getting a happy marriage!!

Putting a smile back on my face, I looked maliciously at Kunal and Shruthi, mentally deciding to have some fun and pull their legs!

"Hmm...so let me talk to my best friend now" I winked, walking casually to the love birds and pushing Kunal aside, to sit between them, rather comfortably.

Kunal hissed and swore loudly again, whilst Shruthi buried her face in her hands as I continued to chuckle, and Rohan just stood there at the threshold of the room, smiling wryly - wait is he really heart broken or what?!