Part 19

***Abhimanyu's P.O.V***

I and Naina walked down the stage, hand in hand - it felt blissful to be walking to my new life, with the love of my life!

Once down, I started walking towards the dining area - I was famished! I need all my strength today - my first night with Naina! *winks*

Hey perverts I didn't mean it in THAT way! But today onwards I can start laying small stones as foundations to build a bright future with my wife! Today onwards I will start impressing Naina so that she has no choice but to fall in love with me!

But I do need to have a lot of self control! I find her irresistible as it is, but now when she's looking truly like the angel that she is, I need a lot of strength so that I can keep my behavior on check!

Lost in thought, I walked ahead, still holding Naina's hand in mine. But a small force tugged at my hand and I looked around to see Naina standing still, a few feet behind me.

I looked quizzically at her.

"Ji... Your shoes" she mumbled softly and I heard her musical voice even amongst the chitter chatter of our guests.

I don't know why but blood rushed to my cheeks - maybe because she was showing care towards me?!

I nodded my head to her {not trusting my voice} and turned around to find my shoes, only then did I realize that my shoes were missing.

Gritting my teeth, I yelled out for Nikhil, who for so long was walking behind me, but was not near me. I whipped my head around to see that the gigantic 6 foot tall Nikhil was cowering behind my 5'6 ft wife...wife... I like the sound of it in my ears!

Now concentrate on insulting Nikhil, Abhi - my inner conscience proved me.

"Where's my shoes assho...I mean.. Nikhil?" I asked gritting my teeth.

Nikhil didn't answer me, but bent further down so that he'd be completely hidden behind Naina, but seeing that he had a well built body, this action of his was as fruitless as The Wiley Coyote running behind Road runner to catch her!

"Nikhil?!!" I barked again, and in response, I heard a whimpering sound from behind Naina, making her giggle.

"Naina can you please move a little to your side so that I can clearly see my friend who's hiding behind you?" I asked, smiling at my wife.

Naina giggled, but moved sideways nevertheless. Like a shadow, Nikhil too moved behind her. Everyone in the hall were looking at us and giggling, while I tried hard not to laugh - I want to be stern at Nikhil for once! Asshole has cost me a lot already!

"Today morning someone pestered me to death to let them look after my shoes, saying he'd lay his life down to protect my shoes.... where's that asshole?" I asked.

"That asshole was a bit busy flirting with Naina's cousin to protect your shoes" came the voice of someone whom I hadn't thought I'd be seeing soon - Shruthi!

While everyone around us were watching us and chuckling at our banter, I turned around to see Shruthi grinning at me from ear to ear.

"I thought you told you won't be able to make it?" I asked as she engulfed me into a bone-crushing hug.

"I was busy...but couldn't miss my two best friends getting married now, could I?" she asked, winking at me after she'd broken the hug.

"Did you know she was coming?" I turned around and asked Naina, who wasn't surprised to see Shruthi.

"She told us to keep quiet - she wanted to surprise you" Naina said, hugging Shruthi.

"Main na hu toh tum logon ka kya hoga?" Shruthi asked dramatically, pulling out of her long hug with Naina.