Part 4

***Abhimanyu's P.O.V***

"Hey, am I disturbing anything?" came a familiar masculine voice, making both of us jump and look around, thus breaking our eye-contact.

We both turned simultaneously to find a good-looking man in his late 20's standing next to our table and looking at us curiously. He was wearing a blue denim with a black V-neck full-sleeved shirt.

"Mr. Raichand?!" I said in a surprised tone and I stood up, putting my hand forward for a handshake.

Why was he here too? Well, it's good that he's here because his sister was bent upon breaking my heart... I mean....rejecting my project.

"Please, call me Kunal" he replied and shook my hand. He was smiling at me and all I could return was my confused look.

"What are you doing here?" he asked the angel.. I mean nymph... I mean girl.... in front of me and I turned my attention to her, who, to my surprise, was looking both shocked and guilty.

"How much did you hear?" she asked him in a guilty tone, shifting nervously at her place as she too stood up, staring guiltily at him.

"Well enough to interest me" Kunal said, smirking at her.

Well he's smirking...cool...so he won't reject my project?! But the girl in front of me looked.... scared?

"But before you say anything else, let me tell you that all your energy went in drain because this right here is Mr. Abhimanyu Singhania, CEO of SGI and I'm here for a meeting with him" Kunal said indicating me and the girl looked taken aback.

She looked very guilty as she slowly turned her gaze to me and mumbled a soft 'sorry'.

I continued to stare at her in amusement, while her eyes pleaded as though not to tell anything to Kunal. 

What was going on?

"Mr.Singhania..." Kunal started speaking but I cut him off - "Please, call me Abhimanyu" and smiled. He looked relived as he too smiled back.

"Right. So, Abhimanyu, this is my youngest sister Naina Raichand. She is an architect and actually heads her own architectural firm" Kunal said proudly.

Wow!! The girl who had been haunting my thoughts and specially nights, from the past one month, was called Naina? An apt name!! 

They say a person's personality is reflected by their name and being a girl with beautiful eyes, she was rightly called Naina (meaning eye).

My train of thoughts was broken as I heard a small 'hi' from Naina and I looked around to see that Kunal was looking intently at her, like communicating with his eye like probably telling her to act polite.

I couldn't help but smile and extend my hand to her. I wasn't going to let go off an opportunity to be with this girl!!

Okay, what's wrong with me?

She hesitantly took my hand for a handshake and as soon as she her hand touched mine, I felt a jolt, as though a high voltage electric current was passing through my body. 

I noticed a confused look passing her face and she quickly took back her hand with  her beautiful eyes looking into mine, mirroring the confusion on her face. 

I won't hide the fact that I was disappointed that the handshake lasted so short!!

"So Naina, what are you doing here? I thought you were to wait for Ranveer at the third table from the door" Kunal said and this broke our eye contact, again.

Who was Ranveer?? If this Ranveer guy was her boyfriend than that would be the end of him! A sort of rage coursed through me and I felt this insane urge to go and break every fucking bone of whoever this Ranveer guy was!

I'm a pro at boxing and can easily beat-up this Ranveer guy and impress my Naina!

My Naina? Okay call the hospital 'coz I'm seriously going mad here!

I looked down and realized that I had clenched my hands into fists - wow! 

Why was I getting so pissed at the mention of some guy's name?

"Oh?? OH???? OH MY GOD!!" Naina said as some sort of realization dawned upon her and she looked horrified.

Wait!! This was the third table for sure, but it was the third table from the other end of the room!

I looked around to find a guy sitting at the third table from the entrance but as his back was facing us, I couldn't see his face.

Please let him not be her boyfriend!!!

"Now go and talk to him. He said that he's been waiting for you from the past half an hour and it is 10:20 already!" Kunal said, bringing me out of my train of thoughts.

No Naina please don't go to him!!

Why am I acting like....like...this???

"I know you're going to reject him but do it gently and not like how I just saw you rejecting Abhimanyu" Kunal said in an amused tone.

Naina looked at me, her eyes looked very guilty and then she hung her head low.

Please don't be sad baby!!

baby???? What the heck is going on with my mind????

"Fine!" she said dejectedly to Kunal and then she looked up at me and mouthed 'sorry' again, making my lips automatically curve into a smile as I shook my head in an it's okay sort of a way

She looked at me!!! 

My girl said a sorry!

Where did this 'my girl' come from?

I shook my head before I mouthed 'it's okay' and smiled reassuringly at her.

And then she did something that I've hardly seen her do - she smiled!!

Words can't describe how beautiful she looked when she smiled! I felt my heart flutter, and some foreign tingling sensation at the pit of my stomach when she smiled! A small dimple etched her otherwise smooth cheeks, just amplifying her beauty if more - if that was possible!

We heard a clearing of throat and both whipped our head to find Kunal standing with an innocent look on his face, but his smirk gave him away!

Now this meeting was going to be awkward! How can I face him after he's caught me ogling his sister twice?

"Fine I'll leave now" Naina said and turned around. Then, she turned back and looked at me and said "bye" before turning and leaving.

I saw her go to that third table and take her seat opposite to that bastard Ranveer, whoever he was. Damn that guy!

"So, shall we start our meeting?" Kunal asked, bringing me back to the present.

I nodded my head in approval and looked at him guiltily but he just chuckled as he took the seat which was previously occupied by Naina.

"Don't worry. It happens" he said and winked.

Am I in trouble?

Wait, what does he mean by 'it happens'?

He can't possibly know the waves of emotions and thoughts that are running through my head, can he?

Oh boy!

To be continued...