Part 23

***Abhimanyu's P.O.V***

"That....was.....so....good!" I managed to say between my breath, while a really breathless Naina nodded in agreement.

"See? Feelings....aren't....necessary....to have....a good....time...kiss....sex" she said, breathing heavily.

"Who said no feelings are involved? I love you Naina" I said, holding her in my arms and moving my face a little away so that she can see my whole face.

Naina looked at me with her eyebrows raised so high - they almost vanished into her hair, before she burst out laughing - why the fuck does she always burst out laughing like that?! Am I some sort of a cartoon?!

Frowning, I continued to look at Naina, still holding her in my arms - damn she fits so perfectly in my arms! Oh What I'd give to have her like this in my arms forever?! But not laughing at me like I'm some sort of a cartoon though!

"What's so funny?" I asked her, sweeping away the stray strands of hair from her face, while her hands lay on my chest, her intoxicating fragrance filling my nostrils - I was just a centimeter away from moaning in pleasure!

"You said you love me...that's a joke..and it's a funny one too" she said, giggling again, while pink patches slowly made their way to her cheeks.

"I'm serious Naina...this wasn't the way how I had imagined to tell it to you but now that it's out here....Naina..." I said, looking deep into her eyes, trying to swim in the depths of her orbs.

Naina stiffened in my arms and stopped giggling at once, a serious look on her face, her long eyelashes fluttering everytime she blinked and she did blink a lot- one, two, three - three times she blinked!

"Naina Abhimanyu Singhania... I love you with all my heart... I know that you don't feel the same about me, but if you give me a chance, I'm sure I'll change your heart and make you fall head over heals in love with me" I said confidently, giving off my best smile.

Naina's facial expression changed from happy to shocked to oh-fuck.

"Abh...I mean..ji..." she started but I overrode her by asking "Why don't you call me Abhi?" . I just realized that for the whole night she's called me ji and not by my name! She stops herself from calling my name.

Naina looked at me once before she looked down and bowed her head. It took my everything to not smash my lips on her.

"A good wife never calls her husband by his name" she said, looking down, her left hand caressing my hair and neck, while her right hand drew circles on my chest, making me pull her closer to me, our noses almost touching.

"What else does a good wife do?" I asked her huskily, controlling myself from moaning out loud - her touch was making my brain go haywire.

"Well, a good wife does her husband's bidding, she cares for her husband's family like her own, she puts her husband's priorities above her's. Fulfilling her husband's every need is the duty of a good wife" she said, still playing with my hair.

Her tiny actions were making my brain go fuzzy, my sense go haywire. Could I fall for her any more?!

"So according to you, a good wife basically is a woman controlled by her husband?" I asked, lifting her chin so that her eyes would meet mine.

A spark of something crossed her orbs as they met mine, but my smart wife bowed her head even before I could decipher what that something was.

"Not according to me, but that's what my grandparents and parents have told me" she said softly.

"But you believe in it blindly, don't you? So now that you want to be a good wife, here's what you're gonna do" I said, smirking, making Naina look up at me in confusion.