Part 20

***Abhimanyu's P.O.V***

Naina wasn't crying, but she had a gloomy aura around her nonetheless. I want her to be the feisty Naina who insulted me in front of so many people at the Oberoi hotel, not this mera-Dev-ayega type of Naina!

What could I do to change her mood?

And then it hit me, with the force of a 1000 Joules - an idea.... *laughs evilly like muhaaaahahahaha*

I shuffled closer to Naina, who was still lost in thought and looking out of the car window, like she was on some music video of a really sad song!

I took hold of her hand, which was on her lap and turned to see her palm. She was too lost in thought to even realize my touch!

The mehandi had turned to a very dark shade, almost black. It is said that if the mehandi of a girl turns dark, then it means that there is someone who loves her a lot.

I blushed at the thought that well, even if it is just a superstition and just a saying thingy, but it still showed that there exists someone {aka me} who loves Naina so much! Proof eh?!

I slowly started playing with Naina's long fingers, adorning the beautiful henna design on her palm. Naina slowly shivered and turned her stunned gaze to me. I hadn't lifted my gaze away from her palm, but could feel her beautiful gaze on me.

"Your mehandi has come out very dark" I said, my voice hoarse, which didn't surprise me at all.

I didn't still meet Naina's gaze, but pulled her other hand too and placed both her palms on my thighs to inspect them.

"I am to search my name in this right?" I asked softly, finally looking up to see a stunned albeit blushing Naina.

Even though she was blushing like the newly wedded bride that she is, she also had gloomy and forlorn kinda aura around her - something that a newly married bride ought not to have at all!

Slowly, Naina nodded her head in agreement, her eyes turning glassy. I gave her my best smile before turning my attention to her palms.

It hardly took me a couple of seconds to find the my name 'Abhimanyu' cramped between her henna design. She looked at me in awe as I pointed it out to her.

"You owe me a gift if I'm not wrong" I said softly, playing with her fingers.

Naina's "huh" came out as a whimper, and I repeated myself with a smile "You owe me a gift for finding my name in your mehandi" pointing to my name which was elegantly hidden in the henna design.

I didn't miss the heat rising to Naina's cheeks, the gloomy look long gone, replaced by shock.

"I...uh...forgot" she mumbled softly, her gaze stuck on my hands which were playing with her's.

"It's okay.... I know what I want and you can give it to me easily" I whispered huskily near her ears, making her shoot her shocked gaze to mine.

You have no idea how difficult it is for me to hold myself back when the epitome of beauty in front of me is blushing so much!

"Wha...what do you..." she stuttered, but stopped abruptly, her cheeks again turning to the shade of her lehenga.

Is she thinking what I think she's thinking?! My my!!

I couldn't help the heat rising to my cheeks, but I should control - I am trying to distract her so I can't myself get distracted! Stay focused Abhi!!

"I want you to smile...show me the dazzling classic smile of Naina...Naina Abhimanyu Singhania" I said proudly, intertwining my hands with her's again.