Part 43

***Naina's P. O. V***

"Abhi I... I think I've started liking you" I blurted, my words taking me by surprise much more than it did for Abhi!

My eyes went wide in shock and horror as I gaped at Abhi - what did I just say?!

I was so shocked by the words I'd uttered that I hadn't immediately registered the shock on Abhi's face, or the happiness that momentarily glowed before it all vanished to be replaced by doubt and.... Fear?!

"Um... Did you... Did you just say that uh you started liking me?" Abhi finally asked, looking apprehensive - as though he was afraid of my answer.

"Um.... I... I think I just did" I stuttered, my face suddenly growing very hot as blood rushed to my cheeks. But I looked at Abhi, whose face was split in a smile so broad and so bright, it made me smile too!!

I only had a second to enjoy the view of course, before he hugged me tightly and placed his lips on mine, this time for a slow yet passionate kiss.

My brain went numb and all I could think of was how soft and good his lips felt against mine as he kissed me tenderly and passionately, with his one hand cupping my face and the other around my waist, holding me tightly.

My hands were around his neck, ruffling his silky mane as his lips devoured mine. I let out an involuntary moan as he nibbled my lower lip tenderly, before finally breaking the kiss and moving a little away from me, breathing hard.

"Tell me... again.." he gasped in between his breaths, looking intently at me.

And the words automatically tumbled out of my mouth, without even meaning to "I like you Abhi"

The words yet again shocked me, but my eyes were stuck on Abhi's happy tear filled eyes as he started kissing every inch of my face, making me giggle at the feel of his tickling beard on my face.

"I can't believe it!" he said hoarsely, sniffing a little as I wiped his tears that had fallen off his eyes.

'Me neither'  I thought, my lips curving into a smile at the look of incredulity and happiness gleaming on Abhi's handsome face.

"If I'd known that you'd start falling for me by spending time with my mother... I'd have arranged for that a long time ago" he smiled, making me giggle.

I bit my lip and hugged him, resting my head on his chest as he circled his arms around me, kissing the top of my head.

How could I like Abhi?! It's impossible!! True love ever only happens once!! And my true love had been and still is Anand!! How can I like Abhi when I still haven't been able to move on from Anand?!

"If spending 10 days with my mother made you like me, I wonder how deeply you'll fall for me after you start spending your days... and your nights with me?!" Abhi's husky voice brought me to reality, and for reasons unknown to me, I felt a shiver pass through me - a good and expectant kinda shiver that for some weird reason made my face flush!!

"Hey.. tell me... again... tell me you like me" Abhi finally said, moving a little away from me and cupping my face and looking deep into my eyes.

I looked up into his chocolaty orbs that were filled with warmth, love and desire.... all for me. The thought that he loves me so much actually scared me. My hand that was resting on his chest right above his heart could feel the fiercely thudding pace of his heart, and as I continued to hold his gaze, my own heart started thudding rather quickly and loudly.

"I like you Abhi" the words yet again came out of my mouth automatically, again taking me by surprise...

It's just passion isn't it?! It's just the effect of his touch or his kisses right?! I'm maybe horny... I can't start liking Abhi... can I?!