Loving the Fighter

By EmmittRose

Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He figh... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Cover submittions (CLOSED)
35
36
37
38
39
Q&A
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69 <- hehe nice
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
Chapter was deleted due to Wattpad guidlines
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
Book 2 has been published!

17

52.3K 2.1K 552
By EmmittRose

Jax's POV

I glare at the paper sitting in front of me.

A blank worksheet sat there with a bold F written in the top corner in red ink. My blood bubbled as I stood up from my desk quickly, Callum right behind me.

"Jax what are you doing?" He asked as I picked up my paper and marched up the the teacher who eyed me all class yet again.

"What the hell is this?" I ask her as I slam the paper down on her desk.

Most of the class was already gone and those who remained now hurried to get out of the small room.

"I believe it's a home work assignment you utterly failed." She said without even looking up from her planner.

"How did he fail it?" Callum asked, anger slipping into his voice now that he understood what was happening. "He wasn't even here when you assigned that. There was no way for him to even do it."

"He wasn't?" She's asked with feigned innocence. "Must have slipped my mind. Oh well. There's nothing I can do now. It's already in the grade book." She said with a shrug of her shoulders, which brought unwanted attention to her bulging chest that was nearly popping out of her shirt.

"Then get some white out and fix it," I say simply, my glare hardening.

"I'm afraid I can't. Once a grade is in the book teachers aren't allowed to change it. If the grade eventually catches up to you I can assign extra credit if you would like," she says with a smile that makes me cringe and makes me wish I would have worn more clothes.

Before Callum or I could say anything else she points at a clock on the other side of the room.

"Your next class will be starting soon, if I were you I would get going before you are marked as tardy."

I all but growl as I stomp away from the desk and out of the classroom. Callum comes up behind me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"She's just a fucking whore. After a few classes with Liam looking over everything she won't be able to pull shit like that."

A small blush threatens to climb up my face as I remember that Liam saw what I drew last night.

"She shouldn't be able to pull it at all," I point out with a scowl as I continued looking for Ryder.

"You're right but there aren't many teachers who are willing to teach delinquents so they have to take what they can get."

"Even if what they have is a pedophile?" I ask just as I spot Ryder and walk faster to get to him. Callum must have sensed that this conversation was over as he walked over, his attitude completely different now.

"How was class?" Ryder asked as we entered the cabin after saying goodbye to Callum.

"I failed an assignment I didn't even do."

"Well that's probably why you failed it," Ryder pointed out making me shake my head.

"It was assigned before i even got here," this makes him glare at the desk in front of him.

He opens his mouth to say something but the teacher cuts him off the with beginning of his class.

Unlike yesterday, Callum didn't give me a piece of paper for note taking so i was actually going to have to sit through class with nothing to do but listen.

I have a feeling he actually did it on purpose though. After the way Liam acted yesterday it seemed as if my days of not paying attention were over if I wanted help with any of these classes.

I paid as much attention as I could but after about fifteen minutes my mind began to wander and the next thing I know, class is over and we are turning in homework.

"Nice to see you actually did the assignment," the teacher said. He has a name but i never bothered learning it since he was an ass to me yesterday.

I was seconds away from coming up with a smart ass remark when Ryder's elbow collided with my ribs. I glare down at him but say nothing.

"You seemed to have underestimated him," Ryder says with a smile that secretly says 'kill yourself, I hate you'.

"Or that genius of a roommate did all the work for him," he suggests with a scowl.

"Why is it so hard to believe I did it by myself?" I ask, slightly insulted.

"Because you spend all of class in a daze and you don't pay attention to anything. But come the next test we will see how much help you're really getting." He doesn't give me a chance to say anything before he turns away and walks back to his desk.

***

"I really hate this place," I decided as I sat down at the lunch table.

Liam sat on my left while Ryder sat on my right with Calum on his other side.

"It's not that bad," Boyd said from across the table. He seemed much happier here.

I think over the day I've been having while I shake my head.

"No it's pretty bad. I don't know which I prefer so far, slutty and asshole teachers or therapy."

Boyd seemed to stiffen at that.

"Is therapy really that bad?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly. Ryder looked as if he was about to say something but I beat him to it just in case.

"No, it's not that bad. I Just don't like staying still for that long. Why are you asking? You didn't have to go yesterday?"

"No," he said as he shook is head. "Apparently you alternate days so yesterday it was my other roommates' turn and today will be mine."

A weight lifted off my shoulders soon hearing that I didn't have to go to that session today. At least one thing was terrible about this day.

"It's really not that bad," Callum spoke up with a smile. Everyone but Boyd, who was smiling at thinking it wouldn't be terrible, could tell he was lying.

The table was silent until Ryder spoke up again.

"I don't know who decided to put P.E right after lunch but if I throw up durning laps I'm blaming them," he said as he glared at his empty trey.

"Maybe if you didn't eat so much durning lunch it wouldn't be a problem," Liam pointed out as he smiled at his boyfriend. I shook my head and look around the room as a distraction since I knew exactly how this was about to go.

"Did you just call me fat?" I hear Ryder ask but his voice seems distant.

If I was at home right now I would sitting on bed listening to the sound my father pound into a random woman he bought home last night. I would try to drowned out the sound with an old radio I had but it wouldn't be loud enough.

"Do you think I'm fat?" That was the sound that broke me out of my daze. Ryder looked up at me with his big brown eyes with and expectant look.

"Of course not," I mumbled as I look down at my own trey. Barely anything was missing but I had pushed so many things around it looked like I had eaten plenty.

"I didn't say you were fat," Liam said, trying and failing to get back in good graces with his partner. "Just that food should be taken in smaller quantities before exercise."

Ryder simply hums but I can sense that this still isn't over yet.

In the end Liam was forced to apologize all the way to gym class on top of carry Ryder there. Something about if he wasn't fat then it wouldn't be hard for Liam to carry him? I don't really know, I stopped paying attention to them after a while.

Durning laps I decided to do a slower jog and stayed with Callum and Liam for the majority of the time. Ryder tried to keep up with us but kept falling behind. On the last lap I paused and walked beside him as he speed walked.

"I hate running," he panted out. His face was a bit too red and sweat poured down his forehead. His hair was sticking up every way possible.

"It's just because you're short and are trying to keep up with us. You need a better pace," I tell him.

"So now I'm fat and short," he says with a small smirk that I ignore.

"I never said you were fat, that's all on Liam. But yes, you are short."

A grim look falls into his face.

"I'm going to end up failing gym if I don't get my time up for the mile."

"What's the time limit and what's your time?" I ask, might regret this later.

"My time is 15 minutes for a mile, I need it down to 10." 

When I was trying my hardest my mile was down to 7 minutes so it wasn't like I really needed the practice.

"I could help you," I offer but immediately want to take it back. This was going to be a bad idea somehow but Ryder didn't give me enough time to back out.

"Are you serious," he asked, the biggest smile I've ever spread across his face.

"I don't see why not."

"Thank you!" He squealed as he launch himself at me.

I didn't have time to brace myself before his body connected with mine and we almost fell down in the middle of the running track. Just before we made contact with the ground I put my arm under his ass and my other hand around his waist while spreading at my feet to steady us.

Without giving myself the time chance to look at him, I all but rip Ryder off of me and place him on his feet a bit too ruffly.

"Don't do that again." I say as I glare at him before I kept walking but his smile didn't dampen.

"Thank you," he says again as he trails behind me again.

"It's not a big deal. It shouldn't take long anyway."

"You clearly haven't seen me run," he grimaces.  "If its okay with you we can practice tonight while Liam is in his session since we won't be able to do homework then anyway." I nod along to his plan but I'm not really paying attention anymore.

I was focused on the looks Callum and Liam were giving me from the sidelines.

Callum was smirking while Liam only watched with his usual blank stare. It made me wonder if this was a test of some sort. And if it was a test, was a passing or failing?

Another update because the last chapter was short and we just got to 2,000 reads to thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

621K 29.5K 64
Book 2. Not a stand-alone. Must read Loving the Fighter first. Cover belongs to @1-800-getyeeted Jax, Carter and the others did it. They made it ou...
416K 14.6K 20
[COMPLETED] When Fox shows up at The Centre (an institution for young men), drunk and spiraling out of control, he is greeted with flashing emergency...
173K 5.3K 27
-COMPLETED- Boyxboy One Shots and Short Stories. SHORT STORIES: This is going to be my dumping ground for all the random stories that pop into my he...