My loveless marriage

By sandysandra92

#65 in onesidedd - 9/9/2018 #637 in chicklit - 30/5/2018 #595 in chicklit - 4/6/2018 #24 in onesidedlove - 17... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51 - (1)
Part 51 - (2)
Part 51 - (3)
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Author's note
Author's note
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 65
Part 66
Author's note
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76

Part 64

2.8K 234 519
By sandysandra92

***Abhimanyu's P. O. V***

I blinked, and blinked some more, as my eyes fell on Naina. But all the words failed me as I saw her hand being grasped by that handsome man, who caressed her hand lovingly, before brushing his lips to her hand.

Tears pooled in my eyes and for a moment, I forgot where I was, or who was with me, or what I was doing there. All I could take in, was the image of the woman I loved, with her hand grasped by a man I didn't know, who looked at her with unmistakable love in his eyes.

"Abhi!! Are you ok?" a feminine voice near me snapped me to reality, and I blinked as I turned my head to Shruthi

I opened my mouth to speak, but I wanted to watch the scene unfurling below me in the hotel. I wanted to watch my Naina with this other man who obviously loved her. Did she love him too? I wanted to watch my heart burn because I deserved it... I was just a man she had married due to some obligation, wasn't I?!

And as I looked down from our balcony table, wiping my tears away, Naina was saying something to that man, which clutched at my heart, forcing more tears to my eyes, whilst my heart felt like it was set on fire - she didn't pull her hand out of his grip?!

But to my utter amazement and delight, I saw Naina pull her hand away from him, rather forcefully from the looks of it, before grabbing a tissue and wiping her hand on it, as though his touch disgusted her.

Even from this distance, the fire dancing in the man's eyes was evident, as he hissed inaudible words to her. But Naina was no less - she was my feisty girl afterall!! Her eyes too were glowing with that fire in them, before she touched her neck, and got to her feet.

And she walked away whilst the man continued to talk - like as though she didn't care for his words!!

"Abhi!! Oh my God!!! ABHI!!! THAT'S.... but how could it be?!" Shruthi's gasp made me turn my attention towards her, a smile tugging at my lips - my Naina had moved away from the man!! But my insides squirmed unpleasantly at the image of this handsome stranger touching Naina's hand so possessively!!

"T...tha....that.... that.... it's.... but... that's Anand!!" I heard Shruthi gasp, as her eyes finally traveled to the handsome stranger I was now looking at with narrowed eyes.

I blinked as Shruthi's words finally fell to my ears- THAT HANDSOME MAN IS ANAND?!

I blinked, and blinked some more, trying to comprehend the situation, whilst also observing the man, who still was sat at the same table, looking at the tissue that Naina had used to wipe her mouth. 

A wistful smile kissed his lips as  he took the tissue and kissed it, as though he was kissing her!! And pocketing it, he got to his feet. As the waiter came to him with the bill, this Anand... he took out some money from his wallet and handed it to the waiter, and left, without a backward glance!!

Naina was here... to meet her ex Anand... the man who's name she still had tattooed to her heart to this day. 

But then I blinked as I recalled our conversation from the car earlier today - she said she had gotten a message from her dadaji - she was to meet him.

Then why was she here meeting Anand?! 

"Abhi? Are you alright?" Shruthi's hand tapped my arm and I blinked.

As she passed me a tissue, I realized that tears were streaming down my face, though a hungry fire was burning at the base of my stomach, and my heart too felt like it was on fire.

I sniffed, and took the tissue that Shruthi had handed to me, wiping my face with it.

I gazed at the void in front of me, not knowing what to do, what to feel, what to think.

"Abhi.. I want to go home.. I am not feeling good... can you please drop me?" Shruthi asked, her voice snapping me to reality.

I gazed down at the hardly touched caramel custard in front of me, and the cup of steaming hot coffee. My appetite had long died away, and mechanically, I got to my feet, whilst the waiter came to the table.

"Put it... under Mrs. Raichand's tab" Shruthi said to the waiter, who nodded and walked away, whilst Shruthi tugged at my arm.

Circling her arm around mine, she lead the way downstairs, and we stood at the driveway to the hotel, waiting for the valet to bring me my car.

My mind kept replaying the image of this Anand clutching at Naina's hand, and kissing her hand, whilst my heart kept replaying the image of Naina tugging her hand away in disgust and wiping her hand.

When Shruthi had called me earlier this afternoon, telling me she wanted to talk to me, it was I who had suggested this hotel - with my stomach craving for that caramel custard.

But I hadn't known then that I'd be getting to catch a glimpse of Naina's ex, and Naina having coffee together. Were they on their date?

"I'll drive" I heard Shruthi smile at the valet who handed my car keys to her instead, and held the door open.

I don't recall how I sat in the car, and how Shruthi drove, but I could hear her saying something - none of which fell to my ears of course!

All I wanted was to confront Naina - to ask her what was happening, and hold her in my arms, and get lost in her touch. But a part of me feared the answer that Naina would give me if I confronted her - what if she says she is resuming her relationship with her ex?!

And in that moment, I wished that I had the power to rewind time - to go back to that afternoon when I'd gone to the Raichand mansion and Naina and I had made out!

"I know you're shaken" Shruthi's voice somehow permeated to my ears.

"I saw them too... but believe me Abhi.. Naina likes you" Shruhi said softly as she drove on.

Likes me? Though tears pooled my eyes, I couldn't help but give out a bitter chuckle.

"I am apparently the man she married due to family obligations... I am not her love, not her husband, and not her family.." I choked as I remembered those awful words Naina had uttered to me.

I didn't hear Shruthi speak, and I continued to gaze out of the window, but my eyes weren't seeing anything. All I could see was the image of the handsome man - Naina's ex - clutching at her hand, whilst she looked into his eyes.

*************

"Here" Shruthi's voice made me jump. I blinked as I saw myself seated on a comfortable sofa, in what looked like a house?

I blinked at the glass of water Shruthi had held out to me, and at the familiarity of the house.

And then it dawned on me - Shruthi had said she wanted to talk to me, and since we couldn't talk at the hotel, she'd turned the car towards her old apartment.

But taking the glass of water, I gulped it in one go, my mind still putting up the image of Naina with her lover-boy.

"Anand and Naina met when she was 16... she fell in love with him...and the way he treated her.. I thought he genuinely loved her too.." Shruthi sighed, and I looked at her as she sat on the sofa beside me, circling her arm around mine.

Her touch soothed me and I relaxed a bit, and though I didn't want to know of Naina and her lover-boy, yet, I wanted to hear... I yearned to know about the love story, and about the guy who owned my girl's heart!

"He was a simple guy, but he had very high ambitions... he wasn't poor, but he wasn't from the rich class that dadaji would appreciate... anyway... I'd only met him a couple of times, but the way he treated her, the love for Naina was visible in his eyes" Shruthi paused and I turned to look at her.

Was my love for Naina not visible in my eyes? Did he love Naina more than I loved her?

There was a soft knock on the door and I looked around as two of the most unexpected people poked their heads inside the room - Kunal, and Rohan - together.

Both of them together?? 

Though I was a little taken aback seeing them here, that too together, they didn't seem shocked seeing me.

Both Kunal and Rohan gave me a short smile as they entered, and while Shruthi threw herself into Kunal's arms, Rohan nodded at me and sat beside me, looking at me intently.

"How are you?" he asked.

I shrugged.

"How much does he know?" Kunal asked, brushing his lips to Shruthi's as he held her tight in his arms.

"I'd just begun.." she sighed.

"We heard you saw Anand... and Naina... together.." Rohan trailed off, making me gape at him.

"How are you holding up Abhi?" Kunal now asked, as he sat at the sofa across from me, with Shruthi beside him.

I shrugged, not knowing what to say, or what to do. It felt like a pause button was hit on my life, and on my brain too, with my mind replaying the scene when Naina's hand was held by her loverboy.

"We saw them... together.... he held her hand... kissed her hand" Shruthi whispered.

Rohan hissed and swore loudly, getting up to his feet and walking around the room, whilst Kunal turned to look at me with pity.

"Naina wanted to study architecture in this college in Australia... she'd been working for it ever since her highschool... but after she met him, everything changed... she didn't want Australia, she didn't want Architecture.. she only wanted him" Kunal pursed his lips in displeasure.

Of course, Naina's love for him ran deep it was obvious, but my heart clutched to realize that I'd probably never have it.

"That's one of the main reasons why dadaji wanted him gone out of Naina's life.... Dadaji was half scared of quickly she'd grown attached to him. He always used to say that our career is always the most important thing in our lives... money, love and relationships are all temporary... career is something that's permanent because it's always in our control he used to say" Kunal smiled wryly.

And yet, today she had everything - money, career and the love of the man who owned her heart - Anand!

"I don't know what he told to her, or how they broke up... all I know is she loved him... and still does..." I choked.

"She doesn't Abhi... did you not see how she withdrew her hand from his grasp? And how she wiped her hand with her tissue?!" Shruthi said soothingly.

"She did?" Rohan gasped, turning back to look at Shruthi in suprirse.

"Yes... she touched her mangalsutra after that, as though telling him she's a married woman" Shruthi smiled.

"Wow!! The Naina I knew... " Rohan trailed off and chuckled.

As I looked enquiringly at him, he said "She told me that once after her date with him, she'd missed him so much that she hadn't washed her hand because he'd touched her hand!"

I gaped at him.

"Oh yeah... and when that evening as she told me that she hadn't washed her hand since her date with him that morning, I'd splashed purellle all over her hands!" Shruthi chuckled.

A smile somehow curled my lips - yes, she had tugged her hand out of his grip, hadn't she?

"She hadn't known love Abhi... and that's perhaps why she clung onto him for so many years!! The Naina I know wouldn't have left Anand like that if she still loved him" Rohan said, looking into my eyes.

"Talk to her Abhi... and sort out the mess... but there are some things you should know...." Shruthi sighed, looking sadly at me.

"She.... dadaji is being blackmailed... and as far as I know, today is the first time Naina is meeting that Anand... " Kunal sighed, before flickering his gaze to Shruthi.

I blinked as Shruthi bit her lip and flickered her gaze to Rohan, who sighed.

What was  going on?

"Dadaji... he couldn't get blackmailed.. for just a few pictures?" I blinked, looking from one guilty face to another, hoping against hope that this was it, and that there was nothing else.

"There's something else..." Rohan sighed.

"Naina was pregnant with Anand's child... Anand has those reports, the abortion reports, and the report of a paternity test with the removed fetus.... that's enough to put Naina, dadaji, and quite a lot of people in huge trouble" Kunal sighed, saying it all in one go, as though saying it all together would ease the effect it'd have on me.

Funnily enough, nothing fell to my ears except the part where my wife - the woman whom I loved more than my own life - the woman who isn't willing to be the mother of my child - she was pregnant with her ex's child.

Things were finally falling to place, and I felt... calm.

I blinked, feeling wetness on my cheeks, and only then did I realize that my vision was blurry, and tears were falling down my face.

"I need to go... " My voice was hoarse, and I got up to my feet.

"Abhi.." Rohan said, and before I knew it, his arms were around me as he pulled me to a tight hug.

"I need keys... car..." I heard my voice - a voice I no that no longer resembled mine.

"Abhi you're..." I heard Kunal say in a shocked voice, whilst Rohan still held on to me tightly  with his arms around me - like as though he feared I'll just fall off to the ground.

"I NEED THE KEYS TO MY CAR RIGHT NOW!!" I yelled, and all three of them jumped.

But none of them said anything.

I found the car keys on the coffee table and pushing Rohan away from me, I picked up the keys.

"Abhi no!!" Rohan yelled, tugging at my arm.

"I want to go home" my voice was barely louder than a whisper.

"Abhi listen.." Kunal began, but a smile curled my lips.

"I want to go to my home. Now" I said in a calm voice, and was walking away.

"Abhi listen..." Rohan yelled again, tugging at my hand.

"There is nothing to listen" I smiled.

The three of them looked like they feared for my sanity.

A clock chimed somewhere, making me jump.

"I need to go home now... my wife will be waiting for me" A smile curled my lips, and I walked away.

I had just touched the door handle, when..

"Abhi please... you're not alright!!" Rohan sighed.

"Alright? What's happened? It is only normal for a man's wife - the woman he loves more than himself - to be in love with her ex, and bear the said ex's child, but not her husband's child... it's alright.." I smiled, tears rolling down my face.

I didn't listen to what anybody else was saying, because walking out the main door, I sprinted downstairs, and to Shruthi's car, making my way home.

I was alright - it was normal for my wife to still be in love with her ex, right?

***Naina's P. O. V***

Stepping out of my car, I took a deep calming breath - Abhi hadn't texted me even once the whole day, and neither had he returned any of my calls!! 

After leaving Anand to his state, I'd left for office because my PA had called me with an urgent work, and it was well after 6 in the evening when I'd left office.

And I'd kept calling Abhi from the moment I'd left the hotel earlier, but he hadn't answered once. A sudden fear had gripped my heart, as I tried hard not to think of anything that' harm Abhi, but my gut was twisting and churning.

And I'd literally flown my car from my office to the mansion, hoping he was here.

But now, standing outside the mansion, a chill ran through my spine - the door to the entrance was wide open, and deserted. It was dark inside - the lights were not switched on, though the lights were switched on in the garden around me, and also along the path of the driveway leading to the mansion.

My breathing had turned shallow, and picking out my phone from my bag, I turned my flashlight on before slowly wobbling towards the mansion.

My footsteps echoed as I walked into the mansion - even the helping staff weren't there?!

But my heart sank at the thought that Abhi wasn't here as well.

I held the phone high above my head, fidgeting around the pillar near the entrance for the switches to the light.

And as my fingers brushed against the main switch, I flicked it on.

The whole place flooded with bright golden-white light, blinding me for a second. I stood there, blinking and trying to adjust to the brightness, and finally turned to the living area, to find my man and I couldn't help feeling relieved, or from a smile curling my lips - in relief!

Sitting on the sofa, with his silky hair set in place with gel- and lips tightly pursed into the thinnest of lines was my handsome husband. His beard looked darker than ever, making him look rather sinnister - he looked like a different man, and not the man whom I'd dropped home right that morning!!

But I frowned as I took in his black three-piece suite, with a black tie and shiny black shoes. His eyes, in contrast, were ruddy and red - was he angry, or crying?

My smile faltered as I saw him looking at me from head to my toes, before his eyes landed on my right hand, that was still clutching my phone. And his jaw clenched more tighter than ever.

But resting himself to the backrest of the sofa, he crossed his right leg over his left leg, the ankle tapping his knees - the change in his stance made me feel like the whole air thickened with an unknown tension, and a shiver ran down my spine, making me gulp.

My heart was now thudding - in fear! I don't know why I felt that fear, but my insides were knotting with fear, anxiety and nerves!!

But resting his hands on either side of the armrest of the sofa he was sat on, he drummed his fingers lazily on the armrest, a tiny smirk curling up his lips, making me tremble.

"Y.... y... y..o..you...did...didn't.t.t... answer.... phone..." I trembled, gulping a lot as beads of sweat pooled on my forehead.

The smirk grew wider, making him look more sinister than ever, and fear gripped my heart - who was this man? He looked like Abhi... but he wasn't my Abhi. His orbs looked darker, and that face.... it wasn't warm or filled with love like my Abhi's face.

"I...w...was...." I trembled again, but gulped my words, rooted to the spot, without the guts to move forward.

He raised a single eyebrow, smirking with malice.

"You didn't answer your call" I found my voice, though it was barely louder than a whisper.

"Really?" his voice was loud and so cold, it made me jump in my skin. There was no warmth in that voice... he wasn't my Abhi!!

Though a smile curled his lips, yet the smile didn't reach his eyes - making him look sinnister.

"How did your meeting with your poojya dadaji go?" he asked silkily, smirking that malicious smirk.

I gulped, trying to calm my raging heart and without thinking I nodded.

"Iiitt... It was...f..fine.." I stuttered, gulping for air.

I feared the man sitting in front of me, just like how fear had gripped my heart all those years ago when dadaji had caught me red-handed with Anand.

"You look very fine!" he smirked, his voice coarse, an unknown madness dancing in his eyes.

And yet again, his eyes travelled to my hand before his eyes flashed dangerously.

I gulped and looked away, unable to meet his scorching gaze. Only silence remained, and unable to bear the silence anymore, I looked up at Abhi.

"I... I had... I'd met Anand today" I said in one go, holding my breath.

Abhi's gaze didn't falter, and neither did that malice expression on his face - why did he look like that?

"Really? Well you must be so happy!! Meeting the love of your life.... the man who owns your heart..." he hissed, his jaw clenched tight, and a vein throbbing in his temple.

I opened my mouth to answer, but no voice came out of my mouth.

"The man who owns your heart... whose name you have tattooed on your heart...." he hissed, though he looked sad, and was it the trick of the light, or did his eyes turn glassy?

"The man... who was worthy enough for you to bear his child..." he choked, making me gape at him in horror.

Did I hear him right?

"Tell me Naina... how come he's worthy enough to become a father, whilst I am not?! How come you're ready to get pregnant with his child, but not mine??" Abhi hissed, getting to his feet.

I jumped at this sudden movement, but I was unable to move from the spot. If only I could go to him and wrap my arms around him and kiss him - I might be able to handle him??

But his eyes didn't seethe with love or warmth like it usually did - it was full of a fury I never knew Abhi had. For the first time ever, I was facing the arrogant, rutheless businessman Abhimanyu Singhania, and not the man I'd married - the one who always gazed at me with warmth and love!!

"Oh of course!! How could I forget?? I am not your family.. I am not the man you love...." he choked, his eyes red with fury, and he balled his hands to fists, as though ready to punch someone.

"I... am the man... you married... due to your family's pressure... " he smiled wryly.

The look on his face made me tremble, and yet I felt my heart go cold and a sudden sadness washed over me as I watched his broken face.

"No Abhi you..." I began but he hissed, putting his hand up, indicating me to stop.

And as though stunned into silence, my voice faltered, and silence descended once more.

"On our first night....A loveless marriage... that's what you'd offered right?? Well Miss Naina Raichand... a loveless marriage is what you'll get" he hissed, the malicious grin back on his face.

"I... No... I'm... Mrs.. Naina..Singhania..." I found my voice which was barely louder than a whisper.

"Oh yeah right... The world will know you as Mrs.Naina Singhania... But I'll know you as Miss Raichand... That's what you'd said..." He said silkily.

I gaped at him - what did he just say??

"Kavita!!" his voice boomed and echoed in the large room, making me jump again.

As the somber looking head-of-housing-staff wobbled to the room, she looked at me helplessly, before gazing at him.

Though in her late 50s, I knew her to be a strong woman, and looking after Abhi like a mother. I've never heard him call to her like this, and never ever seen the woman looking so somber!!

"Abhi baba..." she began, but he held her hand to silence her.

"Help Miss. Raichand take her stuff out of my room" he smiled at Kavita, who pleaded at him with her eyes.

But Abhi shook his head and smiled ruefully at her.

"And help her to one of the guest rooms please... she is a guest... as she had said... I am not her husband inside this mansion... I am just the man she's married due to her dadaji's pressure" he choked, before turning to glare at me.

"Abhi.." Kavita began, but he shook his head.

"I am leaving now... And when I come back tomorrow, I want this woman's stuff out of my bedroom" he hissed, first glaring at Kavita, and then at me.

"Ab.." Kavita began, but Abhi roared angrily.

"It's either her, or me... you decide" he glared at Kavita, till she finally nodded, with her head bent low.

Taking one deep breath, Abhi made his way towards me, and yet, I stood rooted to the spot - what had he just said??

But without sparing me even a single look, he walked out of the mansion, leaving me rooted to the spot.

I blinked, and blinked some more - surely... surely this was all a dream??

"I'll... help you out.." Kavita whispered, making me snap my gaze to her.

"He's joking... right?" I choked, as tears fell from my eyes.

"He's not" Kavita replied curtly, pursing her lips in displeasure, and walked away.

And even as I sniffed and wiped my tears, I saw the woman walking to the stairs - towards our bedroom.... Abhi's bedroom!!

And feeling like my knees have turned to jelly, I wobbled on my feet, before collapsing on the ground, covering my face in my hands, as tears streamed down my face.

To be continued...

A/n - I have given the update a day before. Because I'm bored - and thought it the best way for time pass would be all your comments hehe.

Well all those who hate Naina (basically every reader here) would be happy now Hein?

Anyway let me know of your thoughts.

I think my next update will be on Saturday, because I only have one more chapter in draft - the remaining chapters I'm still typing so I need a couple of days for that.

Well hope you enjoyed the chapter.

If you're feeling too bored, feel free to read my other works hehe... I'll start publishing another book - with an arrogant protagonist like Abhi. But trust me when I say that writing that protagonist has been even more enjoyable than writing Abhi 😜😜😜

Take care of yourselves and your families guys!

Till next time,
Love,
Megha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 3.3K 16
☆ Ranked # 1 in plussize ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in happyending ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in husbandandwife ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in maturecontent ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in forcedmarri...
814K 43.1K 58
Book of Aarna and Dhruv(Arranged Marriage Series #2) She is an extrovert He is an introvert. she is full of words. He is a man of few words. She is c...
1.7M 90.7K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
1.7M 71.9K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...