My loveless marriage

By sandysandra92

#65 in onesidedd - 9/9/2018 #637 in chicklit - 30/5/2018 #595 in chicklit - 4/6/2018 #24 in onesidedlove - 17... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51 - (1)
Part 51 - (2)
Part 51 - (3)
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Author's note
Author's note
Part 58
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Author's note
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76

Part 59

2.7K 180 115
By sandysandra92

The winter rain fell pitter-patter onto the window of the cafe, falling thick and hard due to the heavy wind. It was an unexpected rainfall, due to which pedestrians ran hither-thither to save from the rain.

But none of this bothered the people sitting inside the posh cafe, where it was warm and filled with the fragrance of freshly brewing coffee and that of freshly baked cake. 

Though the lightening forked brightly outside in the thick black cloudy sky, the sound of the thunder didn't reach the inside of the posh cafe. Situated on the 10th floor of a plush high-rise building that catered specifically for the rich and the classy, it had individual booths all facing away from one another, giving each table the privacy it required.

With large roof-high glass wall giving a good view of the streets below, the cafe also had a roof-top seating service that was currently unavailable, thanks to the sudden downpour of rain. A soft classical music issued through the speakers from the roof of the cafe, that didn't altogether dull the babble of the people eating and drinking and talking in the cafe.

But none of these mattered to the young man sitting in an empty booth next to the window near a corner table. He was of course waiting for someone - but whom?! Though he was dressed in a simple blue turtle-neck sweater and beige pants, from the Tag-heuer watch strapped around his hand, to the customized mobile phone lying on the table in front of him - every inch of him screamed of richness. He scratched his bearded cheek, thinking of all the times he had wanted to come to a place like this for a date with the love of his life, making him smile wryly. But he was here, and soon, she'd be here too, with him, and the thought of a date with her made his heart flutter like that of a newly married bride!

A waiter walked up to his table to ask if he wanted anything else, but he shook his head  - he already had a cup of coffee in front of him, and he smirked - he was one happy man today!! 

Though the clouds had been growing thick and dark from morning, yet nobody thought of carrying an umbrella - Anand smirked. Of course, people never have a back up plan... not everyone could be as smart as him!! He always had a back-up plan. And just like last time, he had a back-up plan this time as well.

He smirked as he recalled how good the day had gone by - his 'plan-A' had fallen into place like a missing piece of the jig-saw puzzle - just perfect! 

He was officially the owner of 45% shares to RGI as of today - with one of the most robust and feared businessman of the day right under his feet, always ready to do his bidding.

But Anand's smirk just grew wider and more evil as his eyes fell on the old man making his way towards him - though Mr. Raichand was over 70 years old with all his hair turned silver and a matching bushy white mustache, his age didn't really match the way the man carried himself.

Usually walking straight, with an air of authority and purpose around him, glaring down at everyone who'd meet his gaze, today however Mr. Raichand looked very somber as he made his into the cafe, walking straight to the corner where Anand was sat. He was dressed in a grey suite with a matching tie and shoes that shone like diamonds under the glittering cafe lights.

Anand tried hard to keep a straight face, but he couldn't help the malicious grin from curling his lips - the man who had insulted him, slapped him and had humiliated him - the very same man was here at his disposal. The man who had insulted his birth, his life and his parents was here to beg!!

"Namaste dada ji" Anand smirked, getting to his feet and bending down to touch old Mr. Raichand's feet.

Mr. Raichand huffed and curled his fists to balls to stop himself from slapping the smirking man's face.

"Yeh kaunsa sanskar hai dada ji?! Weren't you the one who always preached about getting blessings from elders whenever we meet them? Tsch tsch!!" Anand clicked his tongue disapprovingly, though he was barely able to control his evil smirk!

"I am only Mr. Raichand to you!!" dadaji hissed angrily, his nostrils flaring in anger.

"But badon ka samman karna chahiye, hai na dadaji ?!" Anand spoke silkily, smirking, though his eyes had turned to burning umbers.

Dada ji didn't say anything but looked around - to make sure there were no spies around.

But neither the smirking Anand, nor the somber Mr. Raichand noticed the tall, burly handsome man sitting on the booth next to their's, with his handsome face looking stricken. Were his ears betraying him, or did he just hear the greatest businessman, a man feared by many - old Mr. Raichand'ss voice?! And who was this other man - a stranger, who was insulting the old man?!

Half of him was in awe of this stranger who had the guts to stand up to the old grumpy man, whilst the other half of him feared for the life of this stranger - did he not know the extent of old Mr. Raichand's temper and power - political and financial power?!

The tall burly and handsome man sat at the booth right next to their's kept his face away from these two men so that neither could notice his presence. He'd not expected the great Raichand to come to a cafe like this, but the great Raichand was here, listening to and even bearing the taunts and snide remarks passed by the stranger - who was he? He had to listen, he had to know who it was, and for that,he had to stay silent, and just listen.

"Kya dada ji aap bhi?! Aap ne ek baar Naina ka bohot beizzati ki thi na jab us ne aap k behen k paaw nahi chue the?! And now look at you, without even any courtesy to bless me when I've bent down to touch your filthy worthless feet!!" Anand said silkily, as he sat down, crossing his right leg over his left leg, and the right leg almost touching dadaji's knees.

{translate - You're the man who had once insulted Naina for not taking your sister's blessings, and yet here you are, not blessing me when I so kindly bend down to touch your worthless feet?!}

But neither did Anand bother moving his feet away, nor did he look away from dadaji's scorching angry gaze. And dada ji bit his tongue and stood his ground, swallowing the insult Anand hurled at him, swallowing his anger. For the first time ever, dada ji feared a man - he feared the man sitting in front of him, who had earned the power to destroy his life. 

The handsome silent listener almost choked on his coffee as he heard this stranger taunting the great Raichand himself!! Who was he? And how come dada ji stayed silent through all this insult?!

Unlike the last time they'd met, Anand wasn't a nobody - he was 45% share holder to RGI. He had his own business and was capable enough to buy another 10% of the shares to make him the major share holder of the company. Moreover, it had taken both of them a good part of 10 years to realize that power was everything!! And he had enough money to even buy power!!

And Anand smirked.

"Look how the tables have turned... dada ji.." Anand smirked, jiggling his leg just enough so that it touched the old man's knees.

Heat rose to the old man's cheeks as he saw himself getting humiliated by the young man in front of him - a man who was almost one-fourth his age, yet had all the ego in the world.

But the old man had to bite his tongue and carefully mull over anything he would speak - Anand was not only a major stake holder in his company, but he could destroy all their lives with the snap of his finger.

"I didn't know that you could learn something even at such an old age, but here you are, disproving me, as you learn to hold your tongue in front of me. Very good dada ji... very good.." Anand said silkily, smirking.

The handsome man sitting at the booth next to their's had his eyes round and wide, almost popping out his skull as he heard this stranger talking to dada ji. The man feared by so many people was being insulted and humiliated and yet.... and yet, Mr. Raichand didn't utter a single word!! How could this happen!? Who was this stranger?! 

"But, I know my manners too.. dadaji... please take a seat" Anand smirked, indicating the empty seat in front of him.

Dadaji ground his teeth and glared at Anand, but yet again, he held his tongue and sat down - he had a lot at stake, and he had to tread carefully.

"Now that's like a good... dadaji..." Anand snickered nastily.

"Why have you called me here Anand?! I thought I'd given you everything you wanted!" Dadaji hissed, glaring at Anand, trying hard to keep his temper and voice in control.

ANAND ?! The silent-listener's eyes threatened to pop out of his skull as he heard dada ji say the stranger's name. This was THE Anand? Naina's ex Anand?! He had to see his face!! But he couldn't, without both of them realizing his presence! And it was more important to listen to what they were doing here, than to see Anand's face!!

"Everything I've ever wanted? I only got the shares to your company that I deserved... mujhpe koi meherbaani nahi kiya hai aap ne aap k company k shares mujhe de kar!! I got what I was promised.. what I deserved!! Mera hakk tha, adhikaar tha, phir bhi meine paisa de kar khareeda hai!! Aap ne daan nahi diya mujhe!!" Anand hissed, clenching his jaw painfully tight as he looked dada ji straight in the eye, glaring him down.

{translation - everything I've ever wanted?! I've only gotten the shares to your company that I rightly deserved!! You haven't done any courtesy on my by giving me the shares on which I had a right!! And I did pay you for it, even though I had every right on it, didn't I?!} 

Dada ji didn't say anything...  he bit his tongue and looked away. One promise all those years ago.. one flaw in his plan, and it had brought Anand back in their lives!!

"Anyway... I still didn't get what is rightfully mine.. what I had also requested for!!" Anand hissed, his fists balled in anger.

"It's not your's to get" dadaji hissed back in equal anger.

"Naina is mine dadaji!! She gave me her everything... she gave me herself... she loves me... she will love me till her last breath" Anand smiled as he spoke fondly of the girl he'd loved with everything.

"She used to love you... she is a married woman now.. a happily married woman now Anand!!" dada ji said in a softer tone than he'd liked, but he had to take this slow - he had to make sure he didn't repeat any mistakes, or create a new problem in their lives!! 

"I don't think I have made myself very clear dadaji... Naina is mine - body, mind and soul... mine and mine alone!" Anand hissed through gritted teeth

"You both had an adolescent exchange of feelings, and nothing more!" dadaji said sternly, his palm tingling to slap the young man's face and punch him and smack all teeth off Anand's mouth.

"Adolescent exchange of feelings?! Do I need to remind you of how you found us dadaji?! How she was on my lap, grinding..." Anand trailed silkily as dadaji put his hand out, indicating Anand to stop.

Tears pooled in the old man's eyes - tears of shame, and fear. Fear for the first time - not for himself, but for the state his granddaughter had landed herself into!!

"She has me etched over her heart dadaji... permanently... it's not easy to forget your first love...." Anand smiled wryly as he pulled out his phone to show dada ji his screensaver - a picture of him and Naina, back from the days when they used to date.

Dadaji balled his fists to stop himself from throwing a punch at Anand's face, or worse, move forward and choke the man to his death - to put an end to all their misery!

"Anand please!! She has moved on and it's high time you move on as well!! She is married!!" dada ji sighed instead.

"You forced her into that marriage!!" Anand's eyes were burning with rage as he glared at dada ji.

The silent listener pursed his lips and sighed - he knew that Naina was forced into the marriage, but for Anand to know this information?! It didn't seem to bode well!!

Dada ji didn't have an answer to this - he did force Naina into the marriage, but he did the best he could do to protect her. He had no choice then, but even if he were given a chance, he would have still chosen Abhi for Naina.

After he had seen the way Abhi cared for Naina the very same afternoon as he'd rushed to their mansion in search of her, he could see that love clearly on his face - nobody could question the love Abhi had for Naina!

But could that love withstand the storm called Anand sitting right in front of him?!

"Please Anand!!" Dada ji pleaded, folding his hands wizened hands in front of him, begging Anand as with tears finally pooling in his usually expressionless eyes.

"Two weeks dada ji.... Two weeks before I get Naina, or you know the secrets I can spill.... the lives that are at stake... the lives I can destroy..." Anand trailed off softly.

Anand watched dada ji remorselessly as a single tear slid down dadaji's wrinkled face, and he felt a kind of savage pleasure watching the old man breaking down in front of him - the man who had separated him from the love of his life deserved it he thought.

"Two weeks or else.." Anand smirked maliciously, before getting to his feet and walking away without a backward glance. 

Dada ji let his tears trickle down his face for a minute longer before controlling his tears and wiping them away - these were tough times and he was the head of the family. He had to be strong and only then could he protect those that were dependent on him.

Sighing, the old man got to his feet and he too made his way out of the cafe and to his car.

The two men so were so busy in their own plans and discussions of revenge and making things even, that not once did either of their gazes move to the tall brooding man sitting at the booth right beside their's, with his back to them.

The man's hooded gaze was narrowed as he listened intently to each and every word the two men had spoken. He didn't turn once, though he itched to turn back and gaze at the stranger whom he now knew to be the infamous Anand.

His blood boiled and yet he felt the Earth below him shaking at what he had just heard. But trying to hold his calm, he pulled out his phone and dialed number of the first person that popped into his mind.

"Meet me in the Brooks cafe as soon as possible" he hissed as the other man answered the call.

"But.." the man on the other side of the call trailed off in a shocked and surprised tone.

"No buts Kunal!! MEET ME HERE!! NOW!!" he hissed angrily before disconnecting the call and tossing the phone carelessly on the table.

He clutched at his head desperately, his head throbbing with the new flood of information he'd just overheard. 

What had dadaji done?! And what would happen next?! And Naina?!

He knew that 45% of RGI's shares were sold, but the news was that many anonymous investors had purchased it. But now to know that it was not many investors, but one wicked man - Anand?! 

And he loved Naina?! And wanted her back?! And Naina too loved him?! Was that the reason why she never got rid of her A tattoo?! 

What was dadaji's intentions?! Would he push Naina into this?! Would she go?!

And moreover, what was that information which Anand held - enough to destroy many lives?!

****************

Half an hour later, a tall lean man made his way into the cafe, looking around for the man who had called him to the cafe. His caller, the tall burly and handsome man who had silently overheard the conversation between dadaji and Anand was standing at the entrance, and waved his hand at the new comer.

"What.." Kunal began, looking worried at the expression on the burly man's face.

"Can't tell here... come with me.." Rohan hissed, looking around to make sure nobody was eavesdropping or even observing him.

"But what happened?!" Kunal asked in a worried tone, as he followed Rohan into the elevator.

"For God's sake Kunal hold your tongue!! Let's go to my office... we can talk there.." he trailed off as the doors to the elevator opened and a few people got in.

"We'll go in my car" Rohan said, the moment the elevator door opened at the basement. Kunal silently followed him, wondering what the matter really was.

A twenty minute car ride later, Kunal followed Rohan Kapoor into his office, where Rohan dismissed his secretary and asked her to withhold all calls and visitors.

"Batao bhi k baat kya hai?" Kunal sighed in desperation as Rohan silently sat down at his desk, indicating the chair in front of him for Kunal to take.

Rohan took a deep breath, trying to organize his thoughts before he could question Kunal.

"RGI sold 45% of it's shares to multiple investors due to financial problem in the company?!" Rohan finally asked, more like said, looking Kunal in the eye.

Kunal, who was taken aback by this sudden question pursed his lips, but nodded.

"LIE!" Rohan hissed, glaring at Kunal and banging his fist to the table angrily.

Kunal tried to look quizzical, but he knew that Rohan knew the truth.

"Old Mr. Raichand has been meeting Anand" Rohan smiled wryly.

Kunal raised his eyebrow - he knew this. He also knew that Anand has been blackmailing dada ji from some time now, and had actually bought 45% of the company shares.

"Kunal!! You and your dear grandfather are putting your sister's life at stake here!! In your game of monopoly, both of you are putting Naina's life at risk!! What the fuck is the matter with you?!" Rohan yelled, glaring at Kunal.

"Dada ji had done a mistake.... and that has given Anand a leverage..." Kunal sighed.

"LEVERAGE?! WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!" Rohan roared.

"Dadaji had ordered Anand to stay away from Naina" Kunal sighed.

"DUDE!!! I literally heard Anand tell your great dada ji that if he doesn't get Naina within 2 weeks, he's gonna destroy a bunch of lives!!!" Rohan hissed, glaring at Kunal in disbelief.

"I know" Kunal sighed calmly.

"And yet here you are so calmly sitting like as though I'm mad and overreacting?!" Rohan hissed.

"What can we do?! He has some pictures... and some information...." Kunal sighed.

"Information?! Pictures?! Do you not realize that Naina's life is at stake here?!" Rohan roared.

"That's what I'm saying Rohan!! We know Naina's life is at stake!! Anand claims he loves her and wants her back in his life. He has some pictures which he can use to defame and God know's what!! The way dadaji had left him all those years ago... it's a miracle he's still alive!! And if he opens his mouth, not only will dadaji land in prison, but even Naina's life will be destroyed!! We're doing our best to handle the situation and keep it in control!!" Kunal sighed sadly.

"KEEP IN CONTROL?! You fucking asshole are all you Raichands as stupid as you look?! If Anand is blackmailing then hand him over to the police!!" Rohan hissed.

"Thing is... we don't know what kind of information he has.. the amount of information he has... he says he has pictures and he had showed the picture to dadaji it seems when they first met after his return... but dadaji doesn't know where he has hid them... or what other information he has... because if it were the matter of only those pictures, I don't think dadaji would have freaked out like this. When dadaji pulled him out of Naina's life, he literally had nothing.... and now... pictures.. .information... I haven't seen dadaji freaked out like this!" Kunal pursed his lips.

"Love, and relationships don't matter to you Raichands, does it?! Have you thought of the impact of all this on Naina?! And on Abhi?! Their relationship?!" Rohan looked at Kunal in incredulity.

"Naina doesn't know of Anand's return yet.. we haven't told her... and Abhi knows about Anand and Naina's past..." Kunal trailed off.

"Naina has a tattoo of Anand over her heart. That fucking dumb-head hasn't still removed that tattoo?! She's married to Abhi now and still has that wretched tattoo over her heart?! What kind of a human being is she?! And Abhi?! Do you Raichands don't give a squat about other people's feelings?! You opportunistic fuckers!!" Rohan roared.

"Tattoo?!" Kunal blinked.

"Naina has a tattoo.... of Anand's A right over her heart..." Rohan trailed off, running his hand through his hair as he walked around his office, to try and walk off his tension a bit.

"How do you know this?!" Kunal narrowed his eyes at Rohan, balling his fists to stop himself from punching Rohan.

"I used to date her Kunal... we've made out a few times.... but never mind that... I was with her when your grandfather sent her to Australia right after that awful breakup instead of sending her to a good counselor!! She's wept in front of me, told her feelings for Anand... how he broke up..." Rohan pursed his lips.

"She still has the tattoo?" Kunal asked.

"I don't know... but that's what Anand said... " Rohan sighed.

There was a long silence as both the men as both of them got lost in thought, both of them with their concern for the two people whose lives were at stake here.

"Please keep her safe Kunal..." Rohan finally sighed after a long pause.

"She's my sister... of course I'll keep her safe" Kunal hissed indignantly.

"I know... but these are troubled times... I won't put it past your great dadaji to even sell her if it means he'll be safe!" Rohan scoffed.

"No!! Rohan... I know you don't have a good opinion of dadaji.... but he won't.... he loves her a lot" Kunal sighed.

"Loves her a lot as in he's gonna hand her over to Anand within two effing weeks?!" Rohan scoffed.

"You love her?!" Kuanl gasped, but glaring at Rohan.

"I don't love her... not in that way anyway!! Abhi is a close friend of mine and Naina.." he trailed off as Kunal cut him in.

"You fucking asshole you love her!" Kunal got to his feet.

"I don't love Naina... not in a romantic way anyway... I love her as a friend... " Rohan sighed.

"Then who's that woman you're in love with?! You fucking asshole you love Naina!! I swear I'll break every bone in your body if you got between her and Abhi!!" Kunal roared, walking towards Rohan and lifting his fist as though to punch him.

"I love Gayathri, not Naina!!" Rohan hissed, looking Kunal in the eye.

Kunal froze, blinking at Rohan.

"After I had broken up with Naina and returned to India during my summer vacation... I'd gone to Chennai to my cousin's place... I'd met her there for the first time... and we were dating till she got married to Dharam..." Rohan sighed, tears pooling in his eyes.

"But... you're lying!" Kunal said in disbelief.

How could his rule-abiding elder sister even get involved with Rohan?!

"No I'm not... whenever I had my vacation, I'd rush to India to meet her... else we'd be in a long distance relationship.... we were even in a live-in for a whole year before one day she suddenly broke up with me, and he next thing I heard, she was marrying Dharam" Rohan smiled wryly.

"That's... not... di... how.." Kunal spluttered.

"She was studying in Chennai... none of you knew what she was doing over there! But anyway... doesn't matter.." Rohan sighed.

"I can't believe it!" Kunal gasped.

"I still can't believe she just broke up with me... that she doesn't love me anymore" Rohan choked.

Kunal looked at Rohan - the broken man's face made him realize that Rohan was really saying the truth. 

Did dada ji know about it?! Was that why dada ji had married off Gayathri in such a hurry?!

"You still love her?" Kunal finally asked.

"I hate myself for still loving her..." Rohan choked, as he stared at Kunal with his blood-shot eyes.

"..and that's why I know what heartache is... and that's why I don't want anyone else to ever face heartache... and that's why I don't want Naina to leave Abhi... because guys like Abhi and me... we don't usually fall in love, and once we do.... we don't know what to do with ourselves... and you Raichands...." Rohan trailed off, in a constricted voice.

"I'll talk to Naina... and Abhi... I'll make sure to warn them both of the storm that's ready to wreck their lives" Kunal nodded.

To be continued...

A/n - as promised, the next chapter is here.

So.... how's it?! 

Believe me or not, I developed the plot for this book from this chapter - this was the first ever chapter I'd written - I have fine-tuned it now yes, but you get my point!

The next update - worst case this Friday (3rd April) - thanks to work-from-home, my whole time-table has changed, and it frickin feels like I live inside my work-laptop!! 
[best case - 2nd April - Thursday!]

The next few chapters are ready yes, but I still need to do a lot of editing and I am trying to do one paragraph per day - hope you will understand.

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter.
Leave your comments - I love reading your comments and I will reply to everyone of them <3

Take care and be safe,
Megha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 2.4K 41
Unedited! Wherein one is deeply in love while the other has vowed to never fall in love again. **************************************** Arjun Raicha...
17.9K 1.1K 6
Winner of First prize in Best Two/Three shot story in Abhigya awards 2018... Marriage is a sacred bond... What will happen to the lives of three peop...
147K 6.9K 30
#1 in Armyman as on 29/04/2021 #1 in broken as on 21/12/2021 #21 in Chennai as on 29/04/2021 #1 in Chennai as on 20/5/21 #10 in Tamilnadu as on 29/04...
75.4K 7.6K 34
Growing up she believed she had to live life to the fullest, she could not afford to spend her time on anyone! Growing up he believed life had no mea...