Loving the Fighter

By EmmittRose

Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He figh... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Cover submittions (CLOSED)
35
36
37
38
39
Q&A
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69 <- hehe nice
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
Chapter was deleted due to Wattpad guidlines
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
Book 2 has been published!

13

54.6K 2.1K 870
By EmmittRose

Jax's POV

As expected P.E was my easiest class of the day. I had excelled instantly like I thought I would and that definitely seemed to make the coach like me a lot more.

The teacher liked me just as I thought he would. I was able to out run most kids when we ran laps for warm up while barely breaking a sweat.

The only bad thing was class ended a lot sooner than I would have hoped for. If it was an option I would gladly just take gym all day.

Lunch on the other hand wasn't that great.

I was dreading going back to class so all through lunch I was sulking behind a mask that said 'I don't give a fuck, stop looking at me'.

Boyd was the only one who I knew who shared lunch with that I knew other than my cabin mates.

He came to sit with us but seemed to be in the same mood as me and avoided speaking at all costs. Luckily the tension in the air was gone at that point and Ryder and Callum were able to eliminate the silence at the table.

Science with Callum and Ryder wasn't too bad but I still didn't enjoy it. Through most of the class I was thinking about ways to avoid Liam even though we about to have a class together.

I eventually decided that I would just not talk to him in hopes that he would get the idea and leave me alone for the rest of the day. Sadly, he didn't let me ignore him.

The second Callum dropped me off at the cabin Liam was there and ready to talk.

"How have the rest of the classes been?"

"Fine."

"Meet any new people?"

"No."

"Learn anything?"

"No."

Though his questions seemed like ones a caring mother would ask after the first day of school his tone was more cold and brutal as if he didn't really care.

"I'll help you with home work later then," he decided but I said nothing.

"Did you like any of the classes," he asked after a while of nothing.

I had keep myself from groaning as I answered. "No."

"You seemed to like P.E," he pointed out. Though he wasn't looking at me and I wasn't looking at him I could tell he was scowling at something.

"Yea well P.E isn't even a real class. It's just playground time for high schoolers." Liam only hummed in response but I didn't care anymore.

When class finally started I took out the same paper Callum had given me at the beginning of the day. There was barely a blank space on it but it didn't have a single note from any of the classes I had today.

I caught Liam looking over at it when I pulled it out but he only scowled at it before taking out a piece of paper and writing on it before handing it to me.

'Pay attention' it read at the top of the page. 'I'll only help you if I know you were paying attention. Take notes'.

I roll my eyes as I pick my pencil up and start drawing on the new page.

I could practically feel Liam's eyes burning into me but I didn't care.

Everything melted away as my hand moved across the paper.

Liam's stare faded, the teacher's voice sounded distant, the smell of old books wasn't overwhelming anymore. It was just me and my paper.

The bell wasn't what let me know this hour class of torture was over. Liam's hand forcefully pulling my drawing away from me was what pulled me out of my daze.

This had happened quite a few times to me before.

On the rare occasion I went to school all I did was sit through classes and draw so the teachers always made a big scene about it.

It happened a few times at the house when my dad would call me and I wouldn't answer because I didn't hear him.

But no matter who did it, the feeling of having something ripped away from you was never a good feeling.

The feeling always came in four stages.

First is shock, not knowing what to do since you weren't paying attention.

Secondly shame, though I always hid this part from everyone else I felt it.

Thirdly questions, everyone wants to know what you were doing or why you weren't paying attention.

And lastly, scoldings.

This time with Liam was no different.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He all hut seethed as he shoved my paper into his back pack and continued to put his things away.

I frown and hope he doesn't see my expression. I didn't even get to see how it turned out.

"I believe it was called drawing," I reply as I stand up.

I remember one time my dad caught me drawing. He had made fun of it before ripping it up and throwing it in my face while laughing his ass off.

I just sat there and took it until he left. That was the same night I got my first tattoo which was the black heart.

"I told you to pay attention!" He continued to yelled but I didn't listen. All I could do was roll my eyes and begin walking to the door in hopes I could make it back to the cabin.

Liam followed me but didn't stop yelling until we got back to the cabin and Callum made him.

"What the hell is going on," Callum asked with a worried expression as he went to calm down his... lover? partner? boyfriend? I cringe at the last word.

"He drew all throughout history class!" Liam seethed.

"He drew all day," Callum pointed out. "It's not a big deal," he said, trying to calm Liam down.

"Yes it is! I'm not going to help him if he doesn't at least try."

"Who even said I wanted you to help me?" I asked coldly as laid down on my bed.

"You want to fail all your classes and get kicked out of camp?"

"I wouldn't fail all of them," I mumbled while looking at Callum with a smirk making his eyes go wide. His grip on Liam faltered before he let go all together.

"There's no need for that. If Liam won't help you than I will," he said in a very serious tone. He obviously didn't pick up my joking tone.

"I'd help him if he would pay at least some attention in class. He didn't even look up once to see what we were doing."

Callum frowned before taking Liam by the arm and hauling him out of the cabin. I couldn't help the groan that slipped out of my mouth when they slammed the door shut.

They could have been at little more inconspicuous.

I look around the cabin in hopes that Ryder was still here so I wouldn't be here alone but the shower wasn't running and no one but me sat on the beds.

I never have liked being alone. Too many things can happen to someone when they are alone.

A few minutes later Liam walked back in the cabin followed by Callum. Callum frowned while Liam has a look that said 'I'm killing at least three people in my mind right now'.

Without a word to Callum or I, he walked back to his backpack and took his books out.

"Get over here if you want help. I'm only doing homework once tonight," Liam grumbled. I went to smile at him and say thanks but I quickly stopped myself before the smile got all the way out, looking more like a smirk than a smile.

"What about Ryder?" I ask when Liam gives me a paper with strict instruction not to draw on this one before going back to setting up his books.

"He has his private session right after his last period," Callum explains as he climbed onto Liam's bed with us, also getting his books situated. "You go right after him."

I had to contain an eye roll at that.

I wasn't going to my session. I just have to find something to do for the hour I'm supposed to be spewing out my feelings.

I let that leave my mind for now and focus on what Liam was trying to explain to me while Callum worked wordlessly beside us.

"Do you understand this now," Liam asked. He had gone over this math question with me five times and I still didn't understand.

Much to my surprise, Liam had been patient so far but chose math to be the last bit of homework we did and I could feel his patience being tested even though I was actually trying to understand.

"No," I admitted as I grabbed onto my hair piled softly. Liam sighed but explained the whole thing again regardless.

"What's messing you up on these?" He asked calmly. "What aren't you getting?"

The longer we stayed on this problem the more frustrated I got. I'm pretty sure Liam felt my anger rising and took that into account when he explained things.

"I have no idea. How in the literal fucking hell does this number," I say as I circle something, "turn into this number?" This made Liam's eyes go wide as his mouth made an o.

"The theorem," he explains as he points to the page in the book. "All you do is take these numbers and put them in the place of the letters." And in that moment the world made sense.

"That's it?" I asked suspiciously.

"That's it."

"You made it seem more complicated earlier."

"I didn't realize that was the part you didn't understand." I let out a loud groan as I write down the answer and close my book.

"Math is so stupid." I decide while leaning back on Liam's bed.

"But now you're almost done for the day." He said and I could tell he was smiling.

"If this day lasts much longer I'll hop over that fence and never come back." I threaten.

"Grumpy grump." Callum mumbles from his bed with a smirk.

Just as I was about to glare at him the door slammed open and a small something ran and jumped in Callum.

It wasn't until Callum got the thing comfortably situated in his lap that i noticed it was Ryder. But I wasn't the happy Ryder I had met yesterday. This one was full out ugly sobbing into Callum's neck.

I stand up quickly as Liam rushes over to his boyfriend.

"What happened baby?" Liam asked as I felt my fists tighten. If someone hurt him I was ready to fight; I needed to stay in practice anyway.

At first Ryder only shook his head as he continued to cry until Callum was able to calm him down enough to answer.

"He made me talk about it." Was all he said before a new wave of tears steamed down his face. I let myself relax at that.

No one hurt him physically, that was good.

Callum and Liam seemed to relax at that too. Callum sent me a look but I didn't understand what he was saying while Liam kisses the top of Ryder's head.

"Can I leave you long enough to take Jax to his session," he asked his boyfriend with a smile.

Ryder only nodded into Callum's chest which was enough for Liam apparently.

Liam jerked his head to the door before he began walking.

"I can find my own way there," I begin, catching Liam's attention. "If you want to go back to Ryder I'm sure I can find it." I tried to sound convincing but I think I failed because Liam began shaking his head.

"Someone has to escort you to your sessions for the first week. You'd be surprised how many new kids try to ditch their sessions," he said which almost made my cheeks flare up but instead I only scowl more.

If I didn't want to go to these sessions before I sure as hell didn't want to go now. One hour with these people and they had Ryder crying.

When Liam stopped at a building much larger than any other cabin here I felt my heart drop to stomach as put on the blankest expression o could make.

"Good luck. Do you know the way back or do you need someone to come pick you up later?"

"I'll manage," I say in a harsh voice that has Liam looking at me like I lost my mind.

Before he gets the chance to say anything else I walk into the building.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.2K 2.1K 26
(bxbxmxm+)(poly realationship) Hello all, to who's read this along while I wrote, you'll finally be free of this bad thing as I redo and re-write som...
16.7K 342 19
Kade Noles has had it rough. Kade gets sent to a boys foster home after being caught by the police. He's been on his own for a while, growing up mov...
487K 14.8K 71
(Not Edited)(be warned, SUPER CRINGY since it was my first story, that's your warning) (bxb+) When Xavier Jameson moved to a new town, he didn't exp...
823K 37.1K 26
"Those kids ain't right, I've seen the smallest one bash a mans skull against the shower wall with a grin... it's a fucking wolves resort!" St. Emil...