Karma // 10k Fic // Completed

By littletinything

Karma comes back for a mission. Battling it out with Zombies was never her plan. Operation Bite-mark proved t... More

Top Voters
Old Encounters
Karma Chameleon
Hey one question: What the hell
Alice in Zombieland
The Past is Haunting
Author's Note
Jealous Or Overzealous
Thanks For The Memories
FuBar Be Like
New Encounters
Small Spaces
Radiation Rising
Dad's Aren't Really Our Thing
Hell Disguised as Heaven
Memories Are Haunting
Separated Again
Awkward Times While Bound to a Chair
Found Murphy
Underground Labs
Getting Naked...For Science...
Dr Evil
Looking Out For Her
Stripper Z's
Keep Going
How many refugees survive?
Plant Zombies vs Humans
Update
Zeros
Zombie. Baby. Zombaby
She's In A Better Place
Separated For The Third Time
Confessions
Losing Murphy
Aliens?
Rozewell, Mèxico
No More Aliens
Zombie Horde
Girlfriend
Don't Like Office Jobs
Murder On The Job
South Of The Border
Welcome Home
Human Trials
Murphy Minions
I'll Take Care Of You
California
Taken
Controlling
Leaving
Escaping
I Hate Hospitals
Reunion
10k?
I'll Do It
Authors Note
Too Late
Authors Note
Maybe There's Hope
Zone A
Future Forward
Authors Update
We're Back
Alien Faith
Size Matters
Deja Vu
Fear Of Heights
Another Day, Another Box
Bitten
Keep Count
Zombie Fingers
Bust Balls, Shoot Walls
Carnival Of Mayhem
All Patriarch Must Fall
Canadian Zombies
Life After
Relaxing Is Hard

Anthrax

845 15 0
By littletinything

Karma POV

"Supply run, Let's go," Warren ordered as she stopped the car. "Doc, Addy, Serena you guys get medical. 10k, Karma, Vasquez get food. I'll take Murphy and Cassandra and get ammo." She said. 

 There were z's everywhere. Murphy and Cassandra were just strolling through under a yellow and blue umbrella. 

"Wisconsin cheese day parade," 10k said reading the banner that's now on the ground.

"You betcha!" Addy said laughing. The zombies were dressed in costume for the parade. 

"Hey. I thought you control these things." Vasquez said while jogging.  

"Not that many," Murphy said. "And not for you." He added. I made the mistake of looking behind us while running.

"Clown," I said tapping 10k's arm. "Clown" I repeated. He shook his head and we kept running.

"Whoa, wait a minute. Is that cheese?" Doc asked stopping at the really big wheel of cheese.

"No way! The world's biggest wheel of cheese?" 10k said reading the sign. 

"It's not real, Doc! Come on! We got to go!" Warren yelled.  

"Puppies and kittens!" Addy warned. 

"No, it is real!" Doc said eating a piece of the cheese. 

"Hey. Hey, come on. Let's go. We got to move. Hey, let's go." Warren said. 

"She's not moving," Addy said about the girl with her head shoved through the cartoon photo cutout. Warren looked around to all the zombies coming towards us, as they littered the streets.

"Got an idea. Out of my way, Doc. I need that cheese." Warren said. 

"Oh come on, Warren. Can't a man eat a giant cheese wheel in peace?" Doc whined. 

"No. Remember Philly?" She asked. The Liberty Bell. Smart move Warren.

"Oh no. Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" Doc asked. 

"I am." She said. Murphy repeatedly said no, only sparking Addy to repeat the word yes like he did. "Way to be my girl. Thanks." She said as Addy joined her side. I walked over to the to help push the wheel down the street. Addy moved the wooden stopper and joined us on the other side. On the count of three, we pushed the wheel and it went tumbling down taking the z's in its path down.

"How long you think it'll go?" 10k asked amusement in his voice. 

"Could go a while. I'm pretty sure It's all downhill from here to the Mississippi. Now, it's time to go." Warren said ordering us a little aggressively. She didn't wanna be here. "If anybody asks" She started.

"We were nowhere near Wisconsin." All of us said together in unison minus Vasquez. We got back into the SUV. Warren and Vasquez were in the front. Addy, Doc, and Serena were in the middle. Murphy, Cassandra, 10k, and I were squeezed in the back seat. Much too close for anyone's comfort. I shifted uncomfortably slightly digging into 10k's side. 

"Sorry," I said glaring at Murphy. 

"It's okay," 10k responded. I shifted again and groaned when my gun dug into my thigh. 10k pulled me onto his lap and everyone excluding Cassandra sighed in relief as we had more room for our bodies. 

"You should've done that a while ago kid" Murphy said.

"Hmm turn anyone lately or is that just a hobby?" I asked sarcastically glaring at him. We pulled over per Addy's request. Serena threw up again and 10k and I kept watch for z's. the rest of our group huddled at the hood trying to figure out a way for us to continue driving around Murphy's nuclear fallout. Gunshots ran out through the air and our group joined together on the other side of the car.

"Got 'em," 10k said as he leaned over the hood of the car. 

"What do you see?" warren asked. 

"Couple of guys in hunting caps. One seriously pissed off looking girl with-" he paused. "She's got my same gun." He finished.

"Well, why's she shooting at us?" Warren asked.

"Maybe it has something to do with this nice Zero ride we got. Can't imagine our Mexican friends are too popular around here." Vasquez said. 10k leaned over the hood again and fired one shot.

"Winged one," he said. 

"Okay, I'm thinking 10K and Karma, you guys lay down some cover fire. And then we'll flank them around-" Warren got cut off by machinegun fire.

"You dirt-eating bastards! You filthy goat loving whores! There is a baby on board here! A mother loving baby! I am going to rip off your arms and saw off your head!" Serena's voice yelled. We all peered our heads over and around the car. None of us dared to move. She used a whole clip.

"People are so rude." She said when she turned to face us. 

"I'm starting to like this girl," Doc said. 

"I think it's time for a new vehicle," Warren said. We all walked up to their red pickup truck. I threw my bag over the edge into the bed, then went to steal the now dead threat's weapons and ammo. We began driving to some camp Vasquez was talking about.

"I don't know about you guys, but I don't trust Vasquez," I said to Doc, 10k, and Addy who were with me in the back of the truck's bed. 

"Me neither. Something is definitely off about him." Addy said. 10k looked at him through the window like he was trying to figure him out. Warren stopped driving as did our conversation.

"Well, we've seen Amish zombies, Mormon zombies. We get Mennonite zombies, we got ourselves a trifecta." Addy said. 

"The trinity of the apocalypse." 

"Something must've happened here. Barn didn't look that way six months ago. Wait a minute. There's some livestock. That's a good sign." Vasquez said.

"Yeah, well we're not going in there blind. So, Vasquez, you take the north fence. 10K, you go south. Karma, go East. Addy and I got overwatch. Be back in twenty." Warren ordered. I nodded and headed off east.

"Fine, I'll just take a nap," Doc said from behind me.

I walked with my sniper in my hands. There seemed to be nothing this way. Gunshots went off to my right. 10k! I ran towards the familiar sound. There was a group of people farming and 10k with two zombies attacking him. He butted his gun against the head of one and white powder came out of it. The second one held his gun as he was fighting. He took his dagger out and stabbed its head. There was a third zombie near the group of people. 

"schwoat doot" They yelled. German? No, close to it though. 

I aimed through my sights and fired. 10k did the same and the zombie had two bullet holes in its head. The group of farmers looked both ways at us. They kept repeating the saying and 10k shot at the zombie goat.

"Piepe pulpa! Piepe pulpa!" German or Luxembourgish? Me and 10k met back up and followed them.

"Did you understand them?" He asked. 

"I can't tell what it is. I thought maybe Luxembourgish but Piepe pulpa? I don't know that phrase." I answered honestly. 

"Hey! Hey! Hello? Anybody?" We yelled out trying to get someone's attention.

"Moien kanns du mech verstoen?" I asked if anyone could understand me in Luxembourgish.

"I'm not trying to hurt you! Somebody in our group needs some help. A safe place to stay. That's all. Hello?!" 10k yelled. He sighed and brought his sniper onto his shoulder with one hand. We left the area and went back to Warren. 10k approached first and Cassandra sniffed him like a dog. His eyebrows furrowed and he shot me and Warren a confused look. I shrugged my shoulders and took my spot next to him.

"Well?" Warren asked. 

"Yeah, there's still people here. But they ran away from us." 10k reported. 

"Zombies?" Doc asked. 

"The usual," I said. 

"Oh, there's also zombie sheep." 10k perked up. 

"Zombie sheep? Why not?" Doc asked hypothetically. 

"What's all that?" Warren asked, nodding her head towards 10k's white dust all over him. 

"Uh. Came out of a Z's head when I killed it. I dunno, maybe powdered brains?" He answered. Doc laughed. 

"Wash that crap off. Who knows what kinda zombie cooties are in there." Warren said handing him a rag. We both loaded into the back and Warren got into the front. 

"Are we goin' in or what?" Murphy asked bored. 

"Yeah, but carefully. Something about this doesn't feel right." Warren said. Glad to know she feels off too. 

"Never stopped us before. I haven't felt right since 1973." Doc said. We stopped outside a white house farther up the driveway.

"What happened to you?" Warren asked when Vasquez came into view. 

"A few Zs. I found this." He said holding up meat. 

"What is it?" Warren asked. 

"Cured ham. Maybe mutton. And for you Strawberry jam. Top five missed foods, right?" He said handing one to Warren, Addy and I. 

"Now you're finding food? How are you always finding this stuff?" Warren asked. 

"Well, he found the key to my heart. Smoked pig." Doc said. I still didn't feel right about this. 

"Why don't you have white powder on you?" Warren asked. Good, ask questions.  

"White powder?" He asked. Four zombies came out from the house and we started to attack.

"Pull back! Pull back! Come on! Get out of there!" Warren yelled when the farmers showed up. after the zombies were taken care of the four men stood facing us.

"You English should not be here." He said his accent thick. I feel like it's a german descendant language. 

"We're not staying. One of our people, she needs a place to have her baby. Can I talk to a leader?" Warren asked. "An elder?"

"No, no, I... I am leader now. All elders are dead. And it is not safe for you here. The white powder. We have anthrax here." He explained. My eyes snapped to 10k. He had it all over him. So did Addy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 893 21
Sarah Gilbert can be described as blunt,immpulsive,and maybe even a little dangerous.As she continues to fight with Warren,Doc,Addy,and her boyfriend...
21K 592 47
//////////////////// "Get ready to run Jaime," He said before pulling the trigger. /////////////////// Jaime Bell had always told herself to never ca...
28.1K 389 33
Y/N L/N is has been with operation bite mark since the beginning. She and 10K were best friends pre Z he even taught her how to shoot. What happens w...
46.7K 2.8K 19
Sixteen-year-old Jane wakes up to a desperate text from her best friend¬¬¬-the dead are walking around outside her window. Jane's parents are in New...