Karma // 10k Fic // Completed

By littletinything

Karma comes back for a mission. Battling it out with Zombies was never her plan. Operation Bite-mark proved t... More

Top Voters
Old Encounters
Karma Chameleon
Hey one question: What the hell
Alice in Zombieland
The Past is Haunting
Author's Note
Jealous Or Overzealous
Thanks For The Memories
FuBar Be Like
New Encounters
Small Spaces
Radiation Rising
Dad's Aren't Really Our Thing
Hell Disguised as Heaven
Memories Are Haunting
Separated Again
Awkward Times While Bound to a Chair
Underground Labs
Getting Naked...For Science...
Dr Evil
Looking Out For Her
Stripper Z's
Keep Going
How many refugees survive?
Plant Zombies vs Humans
Update
Zeros
Anthrax
Zombie. Baby. Zombaby
She's In A Better Place
Separated For The Third Time
Confessions
Losing Murphy
Aliens?
Rozewell, Mèxico
No More Aliens
Zombie Horde
Girlfriend
Don't Like Office Jobs
Murder On The Job
South Of The Border
Welcome Home
Human Trials
Murphy Minions
I'll Take Care Of You
California
Taken
Controlling
Leaving
Escaping
I Hate Hospitals
Reunion
10k?
I'll Do It
Authors Note
Too Late
Authors Note
Maybe There's Hope
Zone A
Future Forward
Authors Update
We're Back
Alien Faith
Size Matters
Deja Vu
Fear Of Heights
Another Day, Another Box
Bitten
Keep Count
Zombie Fingers
Bust Balls, Shoot Walls
Carnival Of Mayhem
All Patriarch Must Fall
Canadian Zombies
Life After
Relaxing Is Hard

Found Murphy

1K 23 1
By littletinything

Karma pov

He put the tool in my mouth and I turned my head over my shoulder and dropped it. My right hand caught it and fumbled with it until my wrist came undone. I quickly did my left hand then I tossed the tool to Warren while I untied my ankles. I grabbed a blade from off my back and killed the z. Once everyone was loose we began walking.

"What happened to us?" 10k asked.

"I believe we got roofied, Drugged with Rohypnol," Doc said.

"I know you did," I responded.

"Where's Murphy?" 10k asked.

"The others are gone too. You don't think" Cassandra's voice trailed off

"No, I know," I said angrily.

"Murphy wouldn't do that. Drug us to escape?" she asked.

"How could we let this happen? He was our responsibility." Warren was mad. She leaned against the truck before opening the door.

"At least they left our ride," 10k chirped up.

"The battery's dead," Warren said. We all went back to where we saw the cars at the beginning.

"Well assuming we find some way to get moving, what next, boss?" Doc asked.

"Go after Murphy and get his ass to California or die tryin'," Warren said. 10k and I opened up hood after hood. I saw the white car with the antenna on the back and climbed inside. I got the radio to work and Warren took the connected walkie.

"We lost Murphy," She admitted.

"Holy crap. That has the potential for great, permanent tragedy." Citizen Z said.

"We think he may have been kidnapped by three civilians, motive unknown. But they are aware of Murphy's status." Warren told him.

"Is he still alive? Do you know if Murphy is still alive?" Citizen Z asked. We all stayed silent.

"As far as we know," Doc spoke up.

"Well, he disappeared this morning, probably on I-70 going east to west in a brown utility truck," Warren told him. Typing could be heard over the radio.

"Okay, ummm. I see one vehicle on I-70 going east through your location about two hours ago." He replied.

"Okay, uh... That... that's got to be them." Warren said. "Hello? Hello? Ugh. Damn apocalypse." Warren said as the battery went dead. We found a battery and put it in the Tahoe. We began driving east now because that's where Murphy went apparently. We've been driving for two hours.

"Well here we go again, another fork in the road," Doc said as we all got out. I bent down in front of our vehicle to try and look for tire imprints.

"I wish we had a sign," I spoke out looking back to the group. 10k looked at me. His head tilted to one side with a confused face. Awe, like a puppy.

"Like that," He said. Pointing behind me.

"Yeah, that works," I said walking back to the truck. To the right we go. The sign flashed a thank you and I giggled. 10k threw me a look and he smiled a little. We kept driving. Somehow a gunshot echoed throughout the area.

"You hear that?" Doc asked all of us in the car.

"That sounded like a gunshot," 10k responded.

"Sure did." Warren agreed. We pulled up next to another truck.

"Looks like they left their truck," Doc commented.

"And we're gonna do the same," Warren said, pulling up to the right. Warren opened the door and an alarm went off. Damn. Now zombies are going to come. I ran to the driver's side. There was a string or wire connected under the steering wheel. I got my blade out and cut the wire. Everyone fired off rounds protecting me as they came. The alarm stopped and we pressed on.

"They know we're coming now. Let's go." Warren ordered so we followed. We kept to the path keeping our eyes open for Murphy.

"Well, what are we gonna do when we find him?" Doc asked.

"Hey, check this out," 10k said while running up to the jacket Murphy was wearing. He picked it up to show us.

"You think he left it on purpose?" Doc asked.

"He must have," 10k responded.

"He definitely didn't go willingly. We better step it up." Warren said while taking her gun out.

"I knew she was gonna say that," Doc said. Cassandra sighed and followed us and 10 was the last to come. He's been getting closer to Cassandra lately. He soon caught up to me and I gave him a small smile which he returned. We walked through the trees and then down the hill. Warren stopped just ahead.

"What is it?" Doc asked.

"Looks like some kind of warehouse," Warren said.

"Damn. Those are fast Zs." Doc said. 10k and I went closer to them.

"You think that's where they're at?" I asked as I approached her side.

"Must be." She said handing binoculars to Doc.

"Yeah, some kind of manufacturing plant," Doc added. "Mesa Pharmaceuticals. Oh, the Zs are all over this place," he said laughing.

"What's so funny?" Warren asked.

"See for yourself." He said, handing her the binoculars.

"Oooh. Uh-uh." She said.

"What is it?" Cassandra asked. She was then handed the binoculars. "Uh. Wow," she said.

"What are you looking at?" 10k asked. Cassandra handed him the binoculars next.

"Apparently the Zs got into the pharmaceuticals. Some of them are on speed, but it looks like more than a few of them got into the viagra." Doc explained. Oh god.

"I had no idea that was even possible," 10k said with wide eyes. I just laughed.

"Kid, it's official. You have now seen it all." Doc said. "What in the hell is Murphy doing down there?" he asked.

"The Zs must think he's one of them. That must be why Zimmerman and the others kidnapped him, so they can get to the drugs." Warren said.

"Now I like drugs as much as the next guy, but there ain't enough dope in the world that's gonna make me want to be out there walkin' around with them viagra Zs," Doc said.

"Let's go," Warren ordered. We all went down the hill following after her. The zombies were distracted and so we went through the doors where Murphy went through. We looked through almost every door.

"Get down here! The job's not done yet! And bring the keys to the van!" A voice yelled. I bolted out the door and to the sound.

"I am not your stock boy," Murphy said.

"I don't have time for this," Brett said.

Drop it!" Warren yelled, everyone was holding their weapons out.

"Not happening, Warren. You need to turn around and get out of here before I kill your big-ticket." Brett threatened.

"Then how will you get out of here?" Warren asked.

"We can drive. Don't know what you folks will do." Brett said. A zombie came and attacked Henry.

"I think I have a feeling," I said. We started to fire among the living dead that walked into the warehouse. Until there was none left.

"Well now that that's over, we're right back where we started," Brett said.

"Actually this is totally different. You're weak, Zimmerman. You're a weak little man." Murphy said as Brett pointed the gun under his head. He's shaking uncontrollably.

"Should we stop them?" Doc asked.

"Only if he points that gun at Murphy," Warren said.

"You were gonna kill me and the others. Pathetic." Murphy said.

"It's the apocalypse. The apocalypse is better off without you." Murphy said, turning to face us.

"Murphy. No." I said realizing he was controlling the man.

"Murphy, what are you doing?" Warren asked.

"Me? Nothing." He said walking down the steps. A gunshot went off and the breath went out of my lungs. My hands flew up to my mouth dropping the blood-stained daggers. My breathing came out in short breaths into my hands. 10k pulled me into his side.

"Murphy," Warren said, shocked.

"What?" He asked, tossing her the keys. We got into the van and I refused to say a word. I just stared at my daggers.

"Mercy granted," Warren said when she got back into the van.

"I'm not sure that was necessary," Murphy said from the passenger. 10k got into the back of the van with the rest of us and told Warren to go. Cassandra's leg reopened. We pulled over to switch drivers and to talk to Citizen Z. Cassandra was sitting on the ground throwing up and 10k was rubbing her back and helping her. Stupid wound. I bet she's playing it up too. I bet she just wants his attention. I got stabbed in the stomach by Tobias but you didn't see me leaning on someone every time we stopped. I was shot in the arm but I kept shooting my sniper. It's stupid. I scoffed and rolled my eyes and she fell back to the ground after 10k tried to help her stand up. I pushed off the side of the van and walked up to Warren.

"Can I drive?" I asked. She looked to her left, her face softening.

"Yea hun. You can drive." She replied. I opened the door and Murphy scooted over. Once everyone was in I turned the key and we were off.

"Well, Murphy. I think I'm gonna miss your sorry ass." Doc said.

"I appreciate the sentiment," Murphy responded.

"We logged some miles together, brother," Doc said.

"Amen."

"Starting to feel like a damn family. You know what I'm sayin'?"

"Uh, I... I dunno if I've actually ever said this to anybody before But I... I almost consider you a friend." Murphy said.

"Yeah, I don't envy you though, man. I mean, hell, once we deliver you, all bets are off. They're gonna have more needles stuck in you than the damn tomato in grandma's sewing basket."

"No, they're... they're just gonna take out my... -"

"Oh, trust me, they're gonna have some kind of tube or prod rammed in every spare orifice, or my name ain't Sally. You know this one time I had a catheter. Dude, you better hope they don't go that route."

"Doc," Warren said.

"What?" He asked.

"How much further Karma?" She asked.

"Uh, I dunno, 65 miles or so," I said over my shoulder.

"Anyway, I'm gonna miss you, dude," Doc said. "Yeah, right. How 'bout you, kid? What do you got planned?" He asked.

"Uh, I don't know. Still got 6,998 to go. Might take a break for a while though, head up north somewhere cold. The Zs don't fare too well in the cold." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I don't fare too well in the cold myself. Roberta?" Doc changed.

Uh, I don't know. Maybe follow the sun west. I've never been to California. How 'bout you, Doc?" She asked.

"Maybe I'll buy a boat and sail around the world. Find me an island where there's not even a Z in their alphabet," he said, making us all smile. I turned into the driveway of the lab. There were people standing outside just staring at a shed.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 371 16
Everything seemed to be going wrong for Sarah.They were supposed to get Murphy to a Lab in California,he would go on and make a vaccine to save the w...
7K 113 20
In a world that has gone to shit, Lana Simmons has survived on her own. It isn't until a certain group comes along that she finds happiness. OR In a...
46.7K 2.8K 19
Sixteen-year-old Jane wakes up to a desperate text from her best friend¬¬¬-the dead are walking around outside her window. Jane's parents are in New...
132K 3.1K 88
When you're a bitten survivor, being alone is difficult, except for the fact zombies have become a part of you. Jordan is the only survivor, at least...