CAST OF HEROES

By Nightmansid

James Orion Reese, a human-hybrid alien, who was chosen to save the multiverse from an unknown benefactor. Wh... More

Notice
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fiftteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Thirty-Five

832 3 14
By Nightmansid

The ship engines disengaged at the edge as the dust stirred in the air. Finder sighed in relief, holding on to the railing and closing her eyes. Hard Drive and Green Thunder laid on the floor as they looked at each other and realized the ship had stopped. James regained consciousness. He shook his head in confusion. As he glanced over to the right, James saw that the Convergence Device was destroyed, giving off two sparks. Finder, Green Thunder, and Hard Drive ran to check on James. Before James stood up and responded, Finder hugged him tight. James held on to her for a brief moment. His ears drifted to the frequency of sound, ringing loud inside his ear. The intensity of sound increased as he let go of Finder.

"James, are you okay?" Finder asked, feeling concern.

"No, don't you hear that noise?" James asked, cupping his ear.

Finder turned her head and listened. "What noise? I don't hear anything."

The noise got louder and louder within James' ears. His eyes glowed green and blue once again. He tried covering his ears as the noise got worse when he stumbled back against the wall. James' ears began to bleed. 

Finder looked at Hard Drive. "Hard Drive, is there anything we can do to help James?"

Hard Drive came close when he used his eyes to scan James' body for any irregularities. He picked up on James' increased heartbeat. A woman out of nowhere teleported in a blue flash within the ship. 

"Amera, what are you doing?" Hard Drive asked in a puzzled tone.

"We need to get you all off this ship." Amera extended her hand. "Everyone grab hands, we are gonna teleport out of here."

Finder grabbed James left hand, Hard Drive latched onto her right hand. Green Thunder reached out and gripped hold of Hard Drive's left hand and Amera took hold of Green Thunder's right shoulder. In a flash of blue light, they all teleported off the ship and ended up in different places. The ringing had stopped for James and his eyes stopped glowing green and blue when he looked all around.

"James are you alright?" Finder asked.

James rubbed his forehead while looking around the area."Yeah, I'm okay. Whatever you guys did to help me, it worked."

James looked at Green Thunder as he shrugged his shoulders. "It wasn't me. I don't have that kind of power to teleport everybody."

Hard Drive eye blinked two."We didn't do anything James."

"Then who?" James eyes widen with a puzzled expression. 

As James turned around, he saw Amera standing in the corner. "I suppose I have you to thank."

"We must move." Amera waved her hand. "Right this way."

The group followed Amera deep in the terrain of a tunnel that emitted a bright light. When they walked out of the tunnel, they each saw a transparent dome structure that surrounded an advanced city. James looked above and noticed the sky was pitched black that shined with stars.

"What is this place?" James asked.

"We are at the Nexus Point outside of time and space." Amera led the group on a path.

"I have heard of this place. I thought it was a myth." Green Thunder rubbed his head looking around his surroundings 

James scratched his head. "Say what again?"

"The Nexus Point is an outside multiverse of all Earths. It is a safe haven." Amera summon a round crystal ball that glowed a white glow.

Amera waved her hand and revealed an image of an Earth, being destroyed by a wave of blue energy. "What you just saw was the destruction of Earth 11. Billions of lives lost."

"Dang." James' eyes squinted. 

Amera waved her hand again and made the image disappear. "More worlds will be destroyed if Evil James doesn't stop."

"Is there anything we can do to stop Evil James?" Hard Drive asked.

James balled his fists. "Yeah, I got a score to settle with him myself."

"There is one way." Amera held her fingers on her chin.. "I can send you all to Earth 13. That would be the next place Evil James will go after next."

Finder gasped at the mention of her world. "My homeworld. "We can't let him destroy that too."

Hard Drive held on to Finder's hand. "Don't worry, we let that happen." 

"So, we take the fight to him." Green Thunder crossed his arms.

"I'm down for that." James cracked his knuckles.

Amera raised her hand and opened a blue portal. "Good luck. The rest of the world counts on you."

James waved Amera bye. "Hey, no pressure. James smirked, jumping into the portal.

Amera lowered her hand as the blue portal closed. She glanced at the stars and thought James was the destroyer of all worlds but misread the prophecy. Amera thought how did she misinterpret the prophecy?

A blue portal opened up at Earth 13 as James and the others walked through it. The portal closed behind them. Smoke was in the air. Finder gasped with wide eyes when saw the royal guard's bodies laying on the ground. Scorch marks were present in their armors, revealing block holes from the torso. Finder knelt down and checked the pulse of one of the royal guards. The royal guard eyes bulged gripping Finder's arm. "Princess, it is not safe here."

"What happened? Who did this?" Finder asked, looking into the guard's eyes.

The royal guard coughed. "We were under attack. The fortress was overwhelmed by some unknown intruder."

"What happened to King Avarnus and Haru San? Did they escape?" Finder asked.

The royal guard winced from the pain. "I don't know princess. It happened so fast."

The royal guard frowned at James. "It was you. You destroyed my people!" The royal guard lost consciousness. 

"He's here, we have to head to the fortress." James' eyes glowed green with a blue glow. The blue aura surrounded his body.

"He is gone, Finder. His vitals drop according to my scans." Hard Drive looked to Finder. "It is only a matter of minutes before--"

Out of nowhere, Finder slapped Hard Drives' face. "These are my people."

"I know and I'm sorry." Hard Drive 
held on to her.

"I say we go in and finish this fight with Evil James. Who is with me?" Green Thunder asked.

"We have the element of surprise. He doesn't even know we are here." James walked in the middle of them."We need a plan. Finder, is there a secret way to access the fortress?"

"Yes, there is a way to follow me." Finder led the group.

Without time to spare, Finder led the group to the back door entrance of the fortress. They traversed through a wooded area. "This way."

Intuition took flight when Finder knelt down and dug through a patch of dirt with her hands. She opened a silver top round door. Five feet from the ground, Finder climbed down the latter and the group followed, leading to the bottom of an underground level. She turned on the glowing green light that she pulled from her dark pouch. "Stay close."

When Finder approached a wall, she felt her hands against the orange brick. Finder's hands glided on the surface and pressed hard on the brick from her right. The brick wall in the middle spread apart. Light shined through the opening. James charged his blue aura power energy to surround his body. Finder leaned back against the wall and the group followed her lead. From her range of sight, Finder saw a shadow up ahead and gave everyone the hand signal to stop and hide against the wall. A dark hooded figure was walking in their direction from the right. Finder aimed her rifle at the mysterious figure as she waited for an opportunity to take the shot. The hooded figure removed his hood and revealed himself to be Haru San.

"Oh, it's Haru San." Hard Drive disengaged his hand gun.

"And I was hoping for some action." Green Thunder placed his sword back into his sheath. 

"Princess?" 

"Haru San, what happened? Where are my father and mother?" Finder asked, looking into his eyes.

"We were under attack, it is not safe here Princess." Haru San looked into her eyes.

"I asked you what happened to my parents?"

Haru San paused. "Your parents are dead Princess-- I'm sorry."

Finder gasped. "No, this can't be."

A dark cloud surrounded the fortress. Thunder rumbled in the air. Purple lighting striking the ground with heavy bolts of electricity. Wind blew within the fortress, shattering glass. Everyone was on edge ready for anything that approached. 

"Um, we got company." James pointed up ahead.

A red shadow mist entered from the window that took form. His eyes glowed red, glaring at everyone. 

"Evil James!" James clenched his teeth and balling his fist.

"So, you all came here to thwart my plans. I hate to burst your bubble but I'm more powerful than ever thanks to the Crystals of Kondo."

"Maybe Evil James, but you don't have all of them." James threw his arm to the side."It's time for someone to put you in your place and that will be me."

James powered up his blue aura power to the max, surrounding his body. The whole fortress shook as James yelled, his eyes glowed green with a tent of blue. "Because I have absorbed two crystals inside of me!"

Evil James smirked with glowing red eyes."Well, well, somebody's been holding back on me all this time. No matter once I kill you. I will absorb the last two Crystals of Kondo. Then I will kill your friends and destroy this pathetic planet." 

"James, you can't fight him alone, we can help." Green Thunder took out his sword.

"He's right, you don't have to battle him alone." Hard Drive activated his sonic weapons.

"We are with you James to the end." Finder  powered up her rifle and aimed at Evil James.

James turned his head."I appreciate it but I can handle him. Plus, I need to exercise."

"Cocky aren't we? Let's get on with it." Evil James cracked his head to the side.

"Thought you never asked." James fired blue balls of energy at Evil James.

Like a speeding jet, James flew up in the air fast and punched Evil James in the face. He punched him in the stomach and tossed him in the ground, creating a dent about the size of a crater. Evil James got back up as his teeth clenched and a yell escaped his lips. The ground started to shake as red energy grew more intense around his body.

"That's right James, show him who's boss." Finder watched the fight.

The flash of red light streamed from the ground. Rocks started to float in the air. Red lighting struck the ground. Evil James pushed the rocks away with a wave of red aura. Each rock went in different directions. Hard Drive tackled Finder to safety away from the coming rocks. Green Thunder sliced through a couple of rocks in the air with his sword in fast motion. Within seconds, Evil James floated off the ground with a glowing red aura from his body, his red glowing eyes glared at James. "No one makes a fool of me and lives, no one!"

James smirked with arms folded. "You know Saladin put up a better fight than you just saying."

"You will pay for your insolence." Evil James clenched his jaws.

"Talk is cheap." James waved his hand signaling him to strike.

"Evil James bolted into James direction with his fist out. James went in the same direction until they collided, creating a shockwave of their blue and red auras dispersing in the air. James landed solid hits to Evil James' face and stomach at lightning speed. Evil James pulled back, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"What's the matter, Evil James, you can't keep up with me." James smirked, taunting him.

Then, within seconds, Evil James raised his red aura energy to the max. Red glowing veins surrounded his muscles, as his arms and body tightened. He charged at James. James countered his kicks and punches with quick reflexes. Evil James growled in frustration. 

"Enough!" Evil James shouted. 

In the moment, Evil James' red eyes flickered that opened up a red rift in the sky that started sucking up trees and objects into it. Finder was lifted up in the air. Hard Drive grabbed her hand and placed his foot hard on the floor, even though he was being pulled still. Green Thunder planted his sword on the ground. "Hold on," Green Thunder took out his grappling hook and fired at Hard Drive's direction with rope. Hard Drive caught the rope and tied it around his waist. Haru San reached out and grabbed Hard Drive's hand. He turned on his gravity boots to keep himself from moving off the ground.

"That is an interesting gadget you got there, Haru San. You are full of surprises." Hard Drive observed. 

"I would say the same about you." Haru San held on to the rope.

"What have you done?" James asked.

Evil James laughed. "What needed to be done."

"Stop this now!" James' eyes glowed green with light blue.

"Surrender your power and your friends shall live." Evil James raised his hand."Or would you watch your friends die? It is your call."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 1.2K 51
Cory has always believed we were not alone. After he meets Krystal, a beautiful woman he literally bumps into, he's about to find out just how right...
43 0 8
(Own Story) The year is 2023 and a high school student named Ryan Leviath found out he had powers in middle school. Bullies were picking on him and h...
26.8K 864 41
Welcome to the universe of The Underworlds! Meet Amelia Ray, a troubled 16 year old trying to make it through life on her own. She has been bouncing...
240 130 16
This story is after 200 years from the time of Rod Mason. Mankind, with all the wonders being bestowed upon Rod, has now reached their colonization t...