CAST OF HEROES

By Nightmansid

James Orion Reese, a human-hybrid alien, who was chosen to save the multiverse from an unknown benefactor. Wh... More

Notice
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fiftteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Thirty-Three

703 3 23
By Nightmansid

James was in his cell, sitting in the corner with his back against the steel wall. He felt the deep marks on his back from the thrashing he endured from Saladin's androids. James' arms were wrapped around his legs and his head in between his thighs as if he were rolled up into a ball. Terror escaped from his mind when he had nightmares of his homeworld Earth 1. As he dreamed of a blue wave of energy, that Saladin unleashed. His mother, Raya, Hunter, and everyone else that mattered to him was gone in an instant. The images replayed out in his mind. He couldn't breathe. James heard someone call out to him from his mind. The voice he heard was familiar to him.

"James, can you hear me?"

"Millennia, is that you?"

"Yes, it is me, my son. Where are you?" Millennia asked.

"I'm being held in a cell." James strained from his chains. "You have to hurry, Saladin is planning something big. It is about to go down sooner than you think."

"James, you just hold on, we are already here on the ship. Just sit tight." Millennia and the crew moved in the shadows of the hallway.

"Okay, I will wait for you."

"Good, see you soon."

"Be careful, Saladin is more cynical than ever. He is planning on releasing the Convergence Device. He."James paused for a moment trying not to break down.

"It is okay James, I'm coming for you. Know that my son." Millennia checked his surroundings within the ship.

The mind link between Millennia and James ended. Millennia was focused on the mission of saving James. He wondered what happened to Green Thunder since he hadn't heard from him in the past hour. He was worried.

Something that didn't sit right with him. Millennia's eyes glanced at Covac for a moment. Blue aura energy formed around Millennia's body. His eyes glowed blue and fist tightened. Millennia, Finder, and Hard Drive followed Covac across the ship's lower level deck. They were near cargo, surrounded by metal crates stuffed in shelves in a single row. Finder was alert. She kept her mind off the terrible gray creatures and how she was lucky to have Hard Drive to back her up. Hard Drive was scanning to locate the main bridge and getting a feel of the layout of the ship.

Covac gave the hand signal to stop. Ahead of their view from one corridor door, were five hundred androids. They moved in sync up the steps to the top floor. Covac waved the group to move on in with a hand jester."On my signal, we move to the other door. I should be able to disable the security system from here so you can go and play hero and rescue your friend." Covac accessed the controlled display on the wall with his hands.

Clenching his teeth, Covac reversed the key symbols on the pad at linear order. He moved two moons like symbols in the middle and three-ring symbols on the side. "Once we get inside stay clear of the androids. I will destroy the Convergence Device."

Millennia eyes squinted. "That's not part of the plan."

"I am not doing this for you. I only agree to help you to stop Saladin." Covac opened the door and five androids opened fire at him in the chest, blowing a hole through it. His wounds healed, sealing the gap.

"That hurt." Covac fired his gun at the androids that shot him. He walked up at one of the androids and shot it in the head.

More androids fired at Covac. Finder jumped in mid-air and fired her plasma rifle taking at three androids. One android shot Finder in the arm as she landed behind the cargo. Finder gripped her arm in pain as she felt the string from the shot.

"Finder!" Hard Drive yelled out firing his sonic wave gun from his hands disabling two androids. He ran toward her direction.

Saladin floated in the air, staring at him. "Such a disappointment Covac."

"Today, your dream dies?" Covac fired his gun at Saladin as the energy blast was deflected from his hand.

Saladin laughed. "You will suffer first for your betrayal."

The sound of androids marched through the opening floor. Saladin floated further in their direction, glowing with green aura. His eyes lurked, watching the group. He choked Covac's throat, crushing his organs as they became black and dried up, while slowing down his regeneration. Saladin flicked his hand with green energy and levitated his body and brought him forward and slammed his body against the wall. Millennial raised his blue aura powers around his body, creating a shield. He shot blue energy blast balls at Saladin, getting his attention.

Saladin turned in his direction with glowing green eyes."Millennia, I was told you would come."

"Where is James?" Millennia asked with fury in his eyes.

"The boy is secure for now. The Convergence Device will be ready and all of humanity from all worlds will come to an end. The Superior race will be all that remains. It's not too late to join the winning side Millennia." Saladin in his direction.

Millennia charged at him at full force through the wall."I will never join you."

Millennia delivered a solid punch to Saladin's face with a left and right punch. Saladin countered Millennia's right hook and gripped his hand at the same time increasing his green aura.

"I'm stronger than you Millennia," Saladin said, "You don't have the power to stop me."

Hard Drive ran to Finder. "Finder, are you all right?" Hard Drive asked in a worried tone leaning next to her.

Finder made a slight smile."Been better." Hard Drive took a piece of her black cloak and tore the fabric. He wrapped her arm with the black fabric.

"That should stop the bleeding.''Hard Drive held her hand."You stay here."

"That's not gonna happen." Finder eyes quinted when moved. "It's just a flesh wound."

"That was not a flesh wound, it was 25% deeper than that." Hard Drive wrapped her wound.

Finder pushed his hand away. "I don't need your help, Janos. I can take care of myself."

"Are you fighting with me?" Hard Drive asked firing at incoming androids. "If I hadn't intervened, you would have bled out."

Finder sighed. "You are making a big deal out of this, Janos. Besides the wound is not that--" She yelped standing up with her rifle and Hard Drive watched her expression.

"I rest my case." Hard Drive gave her a hand to stand up.

"We got important things to worry about." Covac shot at more androids from their side.

Finder fired her shot at the androids coming for them. Hard Drive and Finder moved in supporting Covac. They were back to back, firing at androids. Millennia's head was slammed to a wall. Green energy balls were projected to his torso in the face. Saladin flew in his direction with green aura energy around his body. In a matter of minutes, Millennia regained his momentum and flew back at Saladin with blue aura energy surrounding his body and fist. When they collided, their energy created energy waves that spread across the ship. James heard the commotion.

"Millennia!" James shouted from his cell.

At the high rate of speed, Saladin punched Millennia hard against the floor. He flew down with one knee bent. Millennia moved out of the way to avoid the impact of Saladin's dent to the floor. As Millennia stood up with his fist, he threw jabs at Saladin. Saladin countered them and punched Millennia hard in the jaw. With quick movement, Saladin landed one punch to his stomach knocking the wind out of Millennia. He looked at James from afar.

"You are weak Millennia. Your power is dwindling," Saladin eyes glowed a deep green color. "My powers are beyond your grasp. I am a God. You are nothing."

"You are no God, Saladin. Your delusions of grandeur will be your downfall." Millennia got into a fighting stance.

"The Superior race will rise once more!" Saladin shouted while he ran toward Millennia, delivering heavy punches to him.

Saladin grabbed Millennia, drained his blue aura from his body, and slammed him on the floor on his back. Afterwards, Saladin leaned in and punched Millennia in the face drawing blood.

"You're nothing Millennia, nothing to me!" Millennia looked over at James and extended his hand in his direction. Millennia channeled his blue aura energy into James' body.

James felt a surge of power returned. His eyes glowed green and blue. A blue aura surrounded his body. He busted through the force field with fury. Saladin was taken back by James' miraculous recovery of his powers.

"Your fight is with me!" James shouted with green glowing eyes. A blue aura surrounded his body.

James balled his fist. His eyes glaring at Saladin in defiance. He charged at Saladin pushing him through the wall. They were crushing androids in their wake. Finder and Hard Drive were shocked to see James.

"This is for my father!" James laced Saladin up with punches to the face. He dodged Saladin's punch from the side and ducted. He delivered a solid punch to Saladin's face that propelled him to the wall. Saladin screamed in fury. His eyes glowed more green with intensity.

"I will not be defeated by a mere human!" Saladin pulled himself from the wall. "I will show you what real power is."

"Talk is cheap!" James taunted him with his hand. "You're going down this time!"

"We shall see." Saladin got into a stance.

When he closed his eyes, Saladin channeled his green aura on heavy cargo crates from the ship and summoned them to the air. With a wave of his hand, Saladin threw objects at James. With his fist, James punched through the metal creates. He charged at Saladin in the air, hitting him hard with blows to the face. Saladin kneed James in the stomach and punched him hard with an uppercut. With all of his strength, Saladin took a metal create mid-air and smashed it on James' head.

James felt dazed as he went back to the ground. Then, Saladin chucked the metal create at him and James rolled to the side to avoid impact. Saladin landed down in swift speed and locked hands. One not submitting to the other. Each was pushing against their aura's as it grew massive in size. From the corner, Finder fired her rifle at Saladin's back and Hard Drive fired his sonic wave device to slow him down from the front. The moment of truth happened when Hard Drive gestured to Covac to move.

Covac got up and managed to sneak to the upper deck. On his way, he took out four androids with his gun and continued to run. He looked around to make sure he wasn't followed. Fifteen feet from his location, Cavoc stumbled upon the brown door that had a control panel display. He overrode the control panel by entering the correct key sequence.

The door opened. In the front view, Covac saw the Convergence Device that stood a tall dome shape. Other androids were working around the clock, programming the device's algorithm. Covac aimed his gun at the androids. Without time to despair, Covac mowed down the androids. He got inside the chamber and started to gain access to the main controls. Covac heard something click behind him. A cold object pressed against his temple. Covac sighed with hands up.

"Step away from the controls," a familiar voice said to him.

"Nabal so good to see again. Covac formed a fake smile. "I see Saladin send his dog to do his dirty work."

"You watch your tongue traitor," Nabal said in a deep tone. "Saladin will make short work of you once I deliver you to him."

"You think Saladin cares about you? To him you are expendable," Covac said with a deadpan stare.

"You are probably right, which is why I'm gonna offer you a chance to work with me to kill Saladin. I have part of the key to the Convergence Device. Without Saladin he can't operate the device."

"You don't say. That is a good offer. But I rather do it myself and destroy the Convergence Device. What can I say, I don't like to share credit."

"You are a fool. I gave you a shot to have it all and you spit it back at my face. No amount of pleading won't save you Covac. Now, move! I knew you couldn't be trusted to deliver your promise on the Crystals of Kondo to master Saladin. I knew from the beginning you were not worthy. But he trusted the wrong person for the task."

"And you believe you are qualified, Nabal? You just conspired your intentions to murder our great leader. What does that say about you?"

"Unlike you, I have integrity."

"That will be your downfall, Nabal, in the end."

"That's what you think. "Covac grabbed the gun.

The gun fired on the ceiling as they both struggled for control over the gun. Covac pushed Nabal against the Convergence Device, kneeing him in the abs and banging his hand to release the gun. Nabal laughed and head-butted Covac. He took Covac and body-slammed him on the floor. Nabal pointed his gun at Covac. His trigger finger itched. Before Nabal pulled the trigger, a sword went through his back. Covac saw it was Green Thunder. Green pulled the sword out from Nabal's back and sliced his head off as it rolled on the dark floor.

"Talking about getting ahead." Covac tilted his head in amusement. "Good timing!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 793 89
War, battle, fighting, and victory. Those were the only things that Asim knew, being a super soldier created for the sole purpose of fighting battles...
507 18 23
A rebel faction bent on destroying Earth, a prophecy of humans with strange powers, and the Crystal Gems fall right in the middle of it! A tale of fa...
243 14 7
It's Anais Watterson's first trip through the Infinite DC, and she wants to see one of many New Yorks of a parallel universe. Cara, the 4th incarnati...
26.8K 864 41
Welcome to the universe of The Underworlds! Meet Amelia Ray, a troubled 16 year old trying to make it through life on her own. She has been bouncing...