BROKEN - to be healed by her...

Av the_introverted_soul

Cover credit: @bhoomi_kothari, the sweetest! ❤ Quote of the book But in all the choas, I found my peace in yo... Mer

character sketch
1:A sneek into their lives
2: The interview (A)
3:Interview (B)
4:Their irreconcilable lives
5:The first day (A)
6:The first day (B)
7: A flirt??
8:Sparks!
9:Friends??
10:Punishment !
11: A Mystery??
12: Plan.
13: The answer!
14: Excuse me what!?
15: Babysitter!!!
16: Pain behind the smile
17: Vulnerabilities
18: Goa calling!!
19: It's her.....
20: Journey begins!!!
21: Stuck!!!
22: The lodge!!
23: Stay....
24: Breaking the ice!
25: Stalker?
26: Here for me??
27: Not so Manik Malhotra!!
28: Breaking the inhibitions!
29: Mystery around the Malhotra's!!
30: Peak into his past
31: I'll be with him...
32: A forever thing.
33: Not all scars heal!
34: Rift in their friendship!??
35: Sorting out!
36: Photograph.....
37: Pavillion calling!!
38: Stranger!!??
39: Making it up!??
40: Not yet!!
41: His ways!!
42: Little things!!
43: Stepping into the mystery!
45: Manik malhotra!!
46: Let me in, please..
47: Intruder!!
48: Avoidance and confrontations!
49: Appalling changes!
50: I like it this way!!
51: The unspoken past (A)
52: The unspoken past (B)
53: The first!
54: All real or nothing at all!
55: His side of the story!
56: Raw and real!
57: Kaise hua....
58: Bondings...
59: Hugs and cuddles!
Shout-out!
60: Brothers for life!!
61: Denmark diaries!
62: Stunning revelations! (A)
63: Stunning revelations! (B)
64: The aftermath!
65: Rising!
66: Calming havens!
67: Unfathomable advances...
68: Trouble calls!
69: Deceiving veils.
70: Cohesive plane.
71 : Denial and delusions.
72 : Steps together!
73 : Tranquil souls!
74 : Plight of the 'bad guy'!
75 : Unnerving trepidation..
76 : A'cute' befuddlement!
77 : Breaking of the dawn!
79 : Twisted ties!
78 : A half of the sum!
80 : Wish you could tell me...
81 : Betrayal is the name of the game!
82 : Love that hurts!
83 : Repercussions...
84 : Don't you trust me?
85 : Trials and tribulations.
86 : Tables turned or did they?
87 : Unforeseen Betrayal!
88 : lost Love?
89: Love is not enough!
90 : Home, now and always!
Epilogue - Part 1
Tangled Fates!!!
Epilogue: Part 2

44: Digging in!

3.4K 373 59
Av the_introverted_soul

Nandini's pov:

As i moved in further with slow and steady steps the sight that i witnessed left me spellbounded..it was a compact room as compared to the other cabin's of infinity...the three walls that enclosed the small space had these pictures of a gorgeous young lady hung on them..like a lot of pictures...the wall infront of me had this huge frame of her's..in that picture she had a beautiful smile wore, she looked like an epitome of beauty..her long hairs resting perfectly..her almond shaped eyes that screemed innocence..her skin tone was looked perfectly beautiful on her and that indian aatire she had on made her look incredibly ravishing..

I couldn't help but adore this only made me curious to look around, as i moved my gaze slowly around just to witness more pictures her..every little expression of her's was captured..i was amazed with every thing that i saw..i slowly moved towards the picture tracing my hand on it and the others too..as i did so, i came across a competitively darker part of the room, the light here fell almost negligible making it impossible for me to see anything..

I still couldn't stop myself from exploring the same and so, i took two more steps into the darkness and when i was about to take the third one i almost tripped, but thankfully managed to save my bones as i held onto the table nearby...

"thank God!! But what the hell was that!" i whispered to myself keeping my palm on my hand, signing in relief, i bent down a little, to see what was the thing that i stumbled on and to make sure i keep it at a safer distance to not trip on it again..

Frankly i was expecting it to be some stone or something but i was stunned to find it to ba a file..suspiciously i picked it up and stood back again..
I came by at a more illuminated spot curious to have a look into the file..i was kind off hoping to find anything related to this girl and soo without wasting a second more i decided to flip through the file but before i could do so..i heard a few footsteps, i wouldn't have an impulse reaction otherwise but considering i am doing something that i am not supposed too..i freaked out and the file sliped out and BOOM..

It fell down creating a loud noise and i knew i managed to grab the unwanted attention..even though i soo wanted to stay in but i knew escaping would be the best thing to do..because if it turns out to be manik everything will be ruined..

"mujhe bahar jana hoga magar kaise!" i said to myself as i knew there's only one way out which i cannot take for obvious reasons and this room being compact i couldn't hide either..

I could feel my heart palpitating at much faster rate, i was preparing myself for the worst when...the approaching footsteps came to a halt..with furrowed, confused brows slowly and carefully i walked towards the door making sure my steps are cautious..i didn't wanted to get myself in anymore trouble..

I almost stuck my ear to the door to see if i could hear anything and i did..i could hear some whispers, that gave me little courage to peep out..i stealthily snuck my head and i could see someone's back a few steps away from the door, it was quite an easy guess that the back belonged to manik and he was in conversation with someone but i couldn't figure out who as he was completely covered by manik's frame..and in this situation i didn't really had any heart whatsoever to know who that person was, actually it was kind off an advantage for me..

Taking it as a chance, i gathered the little courage inside me and taking a deep breath i opened the door a little more Just enough to sneak my petite frame out which i did, thankfully my clumsy ass was on my side today!

Once i was out i slowly closed the door behind, just as i did and turned around, he did too..he was clearly startled seeing me emerging out of nowhere..

" tum yaha kya kar rahi ho..matlab u weren't here few minutes ago!" he said, confusion all over his face..

" voh..main ring dhud rahi thi meri..it accidentally slipped out of my hand" i said trying my best to look confident enough..

" really!? Aaisi konsi jagah dhudh rahi thi ki mujhe dikhi hi nhi " he asked suspiciously..

" voh..vaha uss corner main..it rolled down there so isliye.." i said pointing to an isolated corner a few steps away from where we were currently standing..he didn't seem to quite buy that though, i gave him a nervous smile seeing all my attempts go futile...

" tum..tum yaha kya kar rahe ho!?" i said actually yelled a little, trying to hide my nervousness, realizing i was a bit more loud then supposed to i bit my lips..

" i came looking for you, u weren't back yet aur considering your past vendatta..i came around to see what new trouble u have gotten yourself into!" he said raising his eyebrows smirking.. I just smiled a little at him and said..

" I'll go get the lunch"

" naah..hold on i called for it..it'll be here in a while" he said and i nodded at him entering the cabin..

Soon enough our lunch was here and we had it..we were together yet not, everytime i saw him it was like i don't know this person sitting right in front of me..this person who i clame to be friends with is actually someone i know nothing about..i always knew that a part of his life was fairly hidden and i had made my peace with that but that room opened a new set of mysteries...

My odd behavior was very much obvious to him, he even asked about it quite a few times but i dodged it somehow, cuz what possibly could i tell him..that ohh! I entered the room..i knew i wasn not supposed too and that reveled a side of your life to me that i am completely clueless about and now i cannot help but wonder what possible connections can u have with the frame girl!

The time in the office went by somehow, it was time to leave now! Like this was the opportunity i was looking for i grabbed my purse and with quick steps i approached the door, but just when i thought i would get away, i heard the voice, a voice that i really didn't wanted to hear right at this moment atleast..

" nandini...I am taking the same route as yours so come..I'll drop u!" he said, like yeah this was the only thing i needed! * note the sarcasm* it is soo truly said the more u try running away from something, the more it approaches you!

" nahi..manik its okay I'll be fine!" i said

" common! No formalities now just cut the crap i am dropping you" he said as he walked away leaving me with no choice but to follow him..

-------------------

We got in the car and before we knew we were lost in the jungle of cars running on the highway...the entire time i had my eyes stuck on the evening lights..it looked beautiful, but even the beauty of these lights couldn't manage to calm the hurricane inside my mind..everything seemed so messed up..and the worst part was why was i upset about it...

I already knew that he had a ample of things i had no clue about, but this sudden wave of realization struck me hard..i wanted him to trust me, after spending so much time together i had start expecting things from him maybe...

I almost forgot that it was a deal i made with cabir..our friendship...because everything that followed was straight from heart..i couldn't see it as a deal anymore..but right now i couldn't think straight about anything, everytime i tried to come up with a sane excuse to calm the tornado in my mind, the image of that room swiped right in and i..i just couldn't get over it..

That room had such an intimidating aura..those pictures..ughh!!!! I couldn't get that out of my head..it was like I..i hardly knew this person anymore..

In all of my thoughts we reached my place, as soon as the car came to a halt i quickly stepped out, muttering a quick thankyou, i didn't wait to see his expressions or neither his reply...i was expecting him to drive away but he didn't..it was when i reached the door i heard the tire screeching..

---------------------

I entered in and made my way towards my room excusing myself with some ridiculous excuse and thankfully chachi buyed it..

Locking my room i threw my bag in a corner, got my laptop on and Searched for manik malhotra..and the results amazed me...there was nothing  related to his family on the internet, i knew about his pictures not being on the net, but i was surprised to see that there was nothing about even nyonika...

So obviously in no way i could get any clue about the pretty girl...infact tgere was very little about his struggle period and hardly anything about his past life before he became what he is today...it was like his entire existence was a mystery for the world..after hours of scrolling through different sites and trying my best to find anything that i could and not getting anything that i wanted to know, i fell tired on my bed, i couldn't do this on my own, i need someone to help me out..

And i guess i knew who exactly would help with my digging in!

Woh jhut bol rahe the salique se,

Hum aitbaar na karte,
Toh kya karte

~unknown

Heyyy!! Guys..firstly a very happy new year to all of you..may this year be amazing for y'all in every sense..also thankyou very much for all the love y'all have been showering on my story since the very beginning...lots of love💕
And if u liked the chapter please please do vote and comment it will be a great start of my year-❤

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

2.3M 157K 137
the description is given by my readers The story is best . It conveys the importance of relations .As we see how the relations are breaking I.e onc...
146K 6.7K 54
Highest Rankings :- #1 on friendship out of 292k #4 on emotions out of 48k #1 on bestfriendsforever out of 513 #1 on bff out of 9k #8 on darkness...
114K 9.1K 20
SOME PARTS IN THE BOOK ARE PRIVATE YOU NEED TO FOLLOW ME TO READ THOSE PARTS ONLY MY FOLLOWERS CAN READ THOSE PARTS. (The book was first titled 'Ste...
239K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...