BROKEN - to be healed by her...

Per the_introverted_soul

Cover credit: @bhoomi_kothari, the sweetest! ❤ Quote of the book But in all the choas, I found my peace in yo... Més

character sketch
1:A sneek into their lives
2: The interview (A)
3:Interview (B)
4:Their irreconcilable lives
5:The first day (A)
6:The first day (B)
7: A flirt??
8:Sparks!
9:Friends??
10:Punishment !
11: A Mystery??
12: Plan.
13: The answer!
14: Excuse me what!?
15: Babysitter!!!
16: Pain behind the smile
17: Vulnerabilities
18: Goa calling!!
19: It's her.....
20: Journey begins!!!
21: Stuck!!!
22: The lodge!!
23: Stay....
24: Breaking the ice!
25: Stalker?
26: Here for me??
27: Not so Manik Malhotra!!
28: Breaking the inhibitions!
29: Mystery around the Malhotra's!!
30: Peak into his past
31: I'll be with him...
32: A forever thing.
33: Not all scars heal!
34: Rift in their friendship!??
35: Sorting out!
36: Photograph.....
37: Pavillion calling!!
38: Stranger!!??
39: Making it up!??
40: Not yet!!
41: His ways!!
42: Little things!!
44: Digging in!
45: Manik malhotra!!
46: Let me in, please..
47: Intruder!!
48: Avoidance and confrontations!
49: Appalling changes!
50: I like it this way!!
51: The unspoken past (A)
52: The unspoken past (B)
53: The first!
54: All real or nothing at all!
55: His side of the story!
56: Raw and real!
57: Kaise hua....
58: Bondings...
59: Hugs and cuddles!
Shout-out!
60: Brothers for life!!
61: Denmark diaries!
62: Stunning revelations! (A)
63: Stunning revelations! (B)
64: The aftermath!
65: Rising!
66: Calming havens!
67: Unfathomable advances...
68: Trouble calls!
69: Deceiving veils.
70: Cohesive plane.
71 : Denial and delusions.
72 : Steps together!
73 : Tranquil souls!
74 : Plight of the 'bad guy'!
75 : Unnerving trepidation..
76 : A'cute' befuddlement!
77 : Breaking of the dawn!
79 : Twisted ties!
78 : A half of the sum!
80 : Wish you could tell me...
81 : Betrayal is the name of the game!
82 : Love that hurts!
83 : Repercussions...
84 : Don't you trust me?
85 : Trials and tribulations.
86 : Tables turned or did they?
87 : Unforeseen Betrayal!
88 : lost Love?
89: Love is not enough!
90 : Home, now and always!
Epilogue - Part 1
Tangled Fates!!!
Epilogue: Part 2

43: Stepping into the mystery!

3.8K 369 47
Per the_introverted_soul

Nandini's pov:

                 His gesture last night was so overwhelming that i couldn't help but think about it while adoring those fireflies and smiling like a fool which resulted into having a hard time falling asleep but quite strangely i was up way before my alarm goes on, which is so not me! The reason wasn't so far fetched, i cant keep away from being excited to meet him, it felt like i knew him a little more than i did the day before...

I quickly left my place and reached infinity before i usually do the smile adamant to not leave my lips,  it kinda stuck there since last night and i wouldn't want it any other way...i met aryamaan in the lobby even he asked me the reason for the sheepish smile but i shrugged it and walked away bidding him adieu..

I entered in our cabin and replaced the dead flowers with the fresh one, the only difference, today i was a little more happier..

"okay!!! Nandini murthy earth too! U have shit load of work pending let's get too it before you get kicked out!" i said to myself and controlling my glee more like ‘erupting glee’ i sat on my chair and got busy with the blueprint that i have been working on lately...

-----------------------------------------

The door creaked open and that did enough to catch my attention...there he comes looking hot as fuck! Okay i know i am being too Genuine with my  praises but, i mean common!!! Have u not seen him! Like really? Plus his killer smirk and the way he sets his hairs just does enough to make anybody like any freaking body in the universe drool over him....

I gave him my best smile when i saw him coming he did too..

" gooddd morning ms.murthy..u came by early today!?" he asked approaching me..

" umm..yeah good morning and i did, had a little work so.." *liar!* it was my subconscious braging rolling her eyes..i gave her a stern eye in return to shut her up and it did work!!

" okay! The hard working you! That's good actually everyday u prove how right i was to appoint you!" he said with a wink that followed a crooked smile as he got back to his seat..

I looked at him tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear as he sat there working on something!  Not realizing when a pink hue made it's way to my cheeks..

------------------------

Writer's pov:

The two souls were completely unaware of these new found feelings slowly creeping inside them..everytime they were with each other there heart would beat not just as a pumping organ but maybe for each other!....

Maybe..because the journey to love hadn't been kind to anyone and the pages of it's history gives more than enough proof of the same...

But passing and overcoming all the roadblocks and obstacles together, standing by and with each other through all the highs and lows isn't that what love's about!?

So did the two brooding love birds had their own share of struggles to go through, part of their past lives to discover about the other..it will be a hell of a journey! Will it bring the two closer than ever or the strom of the mystery will rip them apart and kill their brooding love?!

--------------------------------

Manik's pov:

          After our last night conversation things felt so simple, soo good..never in my life i have been this anxious about anyone being mad at me..maybe i just didn't bother to care, but with nandini..i couldn't take her being angry or hurt by me or otherwise..i was up for anything that gets her to be back with me the way we were and so i landed at her place in a hope it will get her to talk to me in anyway possible..spending time with her family, felt like the void in my life, the void of having a family seemed to be filled even if it was for a time being..i loved being around them and rishab was already in my favorite list the one i never knew i had..

It was because of him, i could calm the angry tigress down! I owe him that! Well, i partially wasn't expecting fireflies to be the thing that could do the work for me but seems like there's a lot i need to know about her yet! And i wouldn't mind discovering that ever!!

The next day i left for infinity on my usual time, somewhere a part of me was excited to see her but i shrugged it quite and getting ready i left for the office...

-------------

I was pleasantly surprised to see her already present there, as this is not her usual time to show up..i kept my feeling to myself and made my way towards her greeting her and she returned the favor..i went and sat on my seat after the little conversation we had which i wanted to last longer but couldn't help, work calling!!!

Soon enough it was lunch hour, it didn't matter to me but it was her, i saw wrapping her work up for the time being and realized that it was time for a break, after getting done with that i saw her approaching my table and i gazed at her confused..

" mr.malhotra it's the break hour we can push ourselves to the cafeteria, should we!?" she asked

" we can sure if u want all the others present there to stop doing whatever they are doing and keep staring at us..not like i care but i guess you will" i said and she smiled pressing the side of her lower lip n between her teeth as if getting caught!

" cool, I'll help you with that you stay here and i am getting both of your lunches, i wouldn't have to but today chachi was busy toh i told her not to stress I'll figure out something for lunch..so stay right up here I'll be back" she said as i saw her walking up to the door and they moving out closing the door behind her back..

-------------------------------

Nandini's pov:

             I left our cabin and stood right outside fidgeting with my ring that kept irritating me for a while now, it is the one that has been resting on my finger since my 18th birthday, amms gifted it to me so ultimately it was too precious for me plus it had delicately carved initials of my parents...it is soo pretty that i never felt like removing it so i didn't, but since it stuck to chachi's dupatta the other day and i pulled it a bit to untuck it, it started poking me...

I have been thinking about visiting the goldsmith but time didn't permit and with everything happening the past two days i was too low to do anything...

So right now i was trying to set it right for it to not poke me, i removed it to see if i can fix it for the time being but accidentally it slipped out of my hand and touched the ground with a loud ting!! And went rolling towards the forbidden room!!

" noo noo nooo!!! Aiyappa please vaha nhi please!!!!" but guess what! aiyappa paid deaf ears to my pleading as i saw the ring rolling and efficiently passing through the small void creek and entering into that room!

" nandini Murthy you are fucked!" i said to myself literally groaning..you love watching me in trouble don't you!! I bet i knew aiyappa was having a time of his life seeing me helpless..ughhh!!!!

If it wouldn't be that important i would never even think of going for it but i couldn't let it go just like that's it's too precious for me...

So after giving it a lot of thought i sluggishly walked towards the door continuously fidgeting with my already sweating palms..i knew i could get into trouble a huge..huge trouble..i knew i couldn't undo the happenings here on, not like i had an option..i could talk about this to him but..i was somewhere sure he would have an extreme reaction at the mention of this room by me..

Somewhere down the line i was intrigued about this room from the very first day and maybe i was looking at an opportunity to discover it and finding this as one i didn't feel like backing out, the fear still amended in some corner of my heart..i was mentally preparing myself for whatever was in there..like..like i knew things are gonna be surprising for me!

" common nandini you can do it!" i said to myself the words i needed to hear the most right now!

And within two more steps i was standing right in front of the door of the room that had been a mystery for a very long time for almost everyone..i knew i was stepping into the mystery for the very first time and maybe inviting happenings that could possible shuffle my entire life and flip it upside down..but i was determined this time to not look back..

I twisted the door knob, hopping for it to not be locked and by aiyappa's grace it wasn't...but how can he not lock the door if he doesn't want anyone to enter....i thought to myself.

* ho sakta hai he came by and forgot to lock bhul gaya hoga* my subconscious poked, either way i was happy that it wasn't locked..

I slowly twisted the knob further and pushed the door, i was expecting to be greeted with darkness and the red light the one that i witnessed when i peeked through the creek the other day, the image of his devastating state that day is still fresh in my mind..

Shooing off my thoughts i entered in further, only to be greated with the same scene like that day, after a few seconds when my eyes adjusted with the darkness around..they fell on my ring laying in one corner, it required me to step further in in order to get my hand on my ring..with slow and careful steps i walked further in and reached out for my ring..once i had my hand on it, i quickly picked it up and inserted it on my finger.....i was dying with curiosity to have a proper look around..to know what is that thing..that is hidden from the entire world outside this room..

I decided to put an end to this ever increasing curiosity..

" nandini we'll just peak okay! Not more not less!! Yeah just peaking!" i said taking a deep breath and preparing myself for the ‘peak’ unaware that i will not be able to leave after just peaking in there..that this just peaking is going to reveal an untalked about part of his life to me, that my clame of knowing him a little more is going to be shattered in pieces...

Kuch tasveere mili, kuch yaadein mili,

Jo chupa rakhi thi voh kitaabein mili....

~wajid shaikh

Heyyy!! Guys hope you liked the update if you did please please do vote and comment it means a lot really-❤

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

848K 63K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
Sealed Fate Per Itslikeametaphor

Literatura romàntica

482K 31.2K 38
A/N: Okay guys, I wrote this story 6 years ago, 2015. I was a 16-year-old kid at that time and this story isn't perfect. But it was a very popular bo...
429K 44.4K 53
When Nandini met Manik for the first time, she never wanted him to be 'the one'; or actually, that thought didn't even cross her mind. And for Manik...