BROKEN - to be healed by her...

By the_introverted_soul

Cover credit: @bhoomi_kothari, the sweetest! ❤ Quote of the book But in all the choas, I found my peace in yo... More

character sketch
1:A sneek into their lives
2: The interview (A)
3:Interview (B)
4:Their irreconcilable lives
5:The first day (A)
6:The first day (B)
7: A flirt??
8:Sparks!
9:Friends??
10:Punishment !
11: A Mystery??
12: Plan.
13: The answer!
14: Excuse me what!?
15: Babysitter!!!
16: Pain behind the smile
17: Vulnerabilities
18: Goa calling!!
19: It's her.....
20: Journey begins!!!
21: Stuck!!!
22: The lodge!!
23: Stay....
24: Breaking the ice!
25: Stalker?
26: Here for me??
27: Not so Manik Malhotra!!
28: Breaking the inhibitions!
29: Mystery around the Malhotra's!!
30: Peak into his past
31: I'll be with him...
32: A forever thing.
33: Not all scars heal!
34: Rift in their friendship!??
35: Sorting out!
36: Photograph.....
37: Pavillion calling!!
38: Stranger!!??
40: Not yet!!
41: His ways!!
42: Little things!!
43: Stepping into the mystery!
44: Digging in!
45: Manik malhotra!!
46: Let me in, please..
47: Intruder!!
48: Avoidance and confrontations!
49: Appalling changes!
50: I like it this way!!
51: The unspoken past (A)
52: The unspoken past (B)
53: The first!
54: All real or nothing at all!
55: His side of the story!
56: Raw and real!
57: Kaise hua....
58: Bondings...
59: Hugs and cuddles!
Shout-out!
60: Brothers for life!!
61: Denmark diaries!
62: Stunning revelations! (A)
63: Stunning revelations! (B)
64: The aftermath!
65: Rising!
66: Calming havens!
67: Unfathomable advances...
68: Trouble calls!
69: Deceiving veils.
70: Cohesive plane.
71 : Denial and delusions.
72 : Steps together!
73 : Tranquil souls!
74 : Plight of the 'bad guy'!
75 : Unnerving trepidation..
76 : A'cute' befuddlement!
77 : Breaking of the dawn!
79 : Twisted ties!
78 : A half of the sum!
80 : Wish you could tell me...
81 : Betrayal is the name of the game!
82 : Love that hurts!
83 : Repercussions...
84 : Don't you trust me?
85 : Trials and tribulations.
86 : Tables turned or did they?
87 : Unforeseen Betrayal!
88 : lost Love?
89: Love is not enough!
90 : Home, now and always!
Epilogue - Part 1
Tangled Fates!!!
Epilogue: Part 2

39: Making it up!??

4.1K 421 76
By the_introverted_soul

Nandini's pov:

               Such hurtful words from him were the least thing i expected when i left my desk and walked towards him, his eyes still had furry in them reason unknown to me, this time he didn't only managed to get me hurt but also angry..angry like i have never been before..i can take anything, his rude behavior, his sarcasm, his Taunts any damm thing but that does not mean that he can keep hurting me repeatedly and like every other time i'll let it go..this time i won't..this time it was the limit...

I bored my eyes into his furry filled one and said in a deadpan tone..

" huh..thanks for bursting my bubble and sorry that i interfered in your life , i wouldn't not now, not ever, sorry for the inconvenience caused by me sir!" i said with a dry chuckle..if it was possible i would probably be dripping venom from my mouth..i was that angry right now!

I could see his eyes turning soft for a minute but then again he pulled that hard face on, if it was the sane nandini she would probably melt by now..but this time i was hell sure i am not going to give in..this time i want him to take the initiative..

I walked back to my seat and sat, i engrossed myself in work so much so that i actually forgot that he existed in the same room as mine..it was lunch time and i could feel my stomach growling, Frankly today i was up with the plan of having lunch with him..huh but this guy sure knows how to be a spoiler, scratching that so as to not ruin my mood further i walked out of the cabin without paying him a single heed..

As i left the room my cell pinged it was a msg from aryamaan saying he's waiting for me in the cafeteria..i mentally thanked god atleast i will not have to eat alone..i was busy replying to his msg when i heard somebody calling me..cabir it was...

" areee nandini tum yaha kya kar rahi ho...chalo lunch karte hai saath main" he said jovially as usual..i knew, manik was def gonna be a part of the lunch thing he was talking about..

" nahi cabir! I have arymaan waiting for me to join him so i have to go!" i said and he gave me a confused stare...

" kuch hua hai kya? Manik kaha hai?" he asked and like it was the last nail in the coffin..i unintentionally charged him up..

" mujhe kya pata voh kaha hai..main yaha uski pa ke post pe kaam nhi karti to know about his every little detail and it's not like he tells me anything and even if he does now i don't give a shit" i said and walked past him..i could predict his jaw to be literally touching the ground but i didn't bother to look at him..

-------------------------

" woahh woahhh woahhh tigress what's the deal why so angry??" it was aryamaan he asked as we walked in together towards a empty table a few steps away from us, making our way from the crowd..

" pucho mat it's been a horrible day!!" i said rather groaned.

" yaar aaisa toh mat bolo aaj tumhe mujhe itne dino baad dekha hai!" he said with a *pretentious hurt* expressions, he looked kinda cute and seeing him my lips managed to curve a little..

The rest of the lunch went well with some office colleague joining us, my inputs in the conversation was negligible to nothing, i just didn't feel like talking but i was relieved that atleast it didn't add up to make my day worst, at least one thing in this entire day wasn't bad..

----------------------------

Cabir's pov:

" what.the.helll.was.that!!!" i thought as i stood there startled with her outburst, pehle toh mujhe sirf shak tha but now i am sure something is up with these two..yaar kyaa yeh log lade bina nahi reh sakte kabhi!!!!.

I banged his cabin door open and barged in..

" abb kyu ladai ki tum dono ne?? You two can't stay without fighting right?" i said as i saw him working on his laptop, even after me almost yelling he paid deaf ears..

" manik main tujhse baat kar raha hu..are you listening" i said yelling again, after bugging him for 3 more times he finally looked at me..

" kya hai. Jab main kuch nhi bol raha don't you think that means i don't wanna talk" he said his voice regaining the coldness that went missing since quite a good time now..this was enough for me to guess that his temper messed up for him again!...i knew talking to him atleast right now won't make any sense, so i did what i thought i should..

" nahi baat karni na mat kar, bus itna yaad rakh manik, hum apni zindagi main already bahot rishte kho chuke hai, abb apne gusse ki vajah se ek aur rishta tutne mat dena, agar yeh tut gaya na toh kahi na kahi tu bhi janta hai ki tu pachtata reh jayega par tab tak bahot der ho chuki hogi" i said  as i left the cabin..i knew right now if i don't put things straight in his thick skull he'll behave like a monster and spoil things further for himself..i knew even if he didn't show he sometimes needed someone to knock some senses into him..

I firstly thought of having a talk with nandini but a call distracted me and i realized i was running late for my meeting and i was needed there so i had to drop the plan and leave for the meeting, a sudden realization stuck me while on the way to the meeting, that it was good i didn't go and talk to nandini this time i should let manik take the initiative and sort the mess he created...

------------------------------------------

Nandini's pov:

              After lunch i came back and continued working, ignorance game still on point! Soon it was time to head home and i couldn't wait to get out of here..how much i wanted this torture to end!!

I hurriedly got my things packed and left the cabin, giving him zero heed! Well, Frankly i somewhere down the line thought he would apologize before i leave but guess what like always this guy didn't fail to disappoint me!! By now my anger knew no bounds and trust me i felt like ripping his head off..aiyappa this guy makes me so angryyy!!! I complained like a whinny little kind but gosh! I was so wasted..

-----------------------

I reached home feeling exhausted then i usually do, the emotional stress and anger did managed to leave me completely worned out..

I entered my room greeting chachi with a small smile as chacha wasn't home yet and rishu was in his room..
I got in and fell on my bed directly..
I layed there closing my eyes for a while and clearning my mind that right now was a mess!! While i was busy calming myself down i realized how i gave this one person, so much authority, such a control over my life that him behaving differently was enough to spoil my entire day...

I was sure quite taken aback by the new found information but more than anything the thought that how could i loose it to someone soo soon!! Made me mad, so mad damm mad!!

It was getting tough for me to make peace with such a fact..i was adamant to prove that he doesn't effect me that much, so i decided that i won't let him spoil things for me in any further!! I knew if i keep sitting up here my mind is surely gonna mess with me, the best way to avoid these thoughts would be spending time with my family..

So soon enough i changed into my comfy night wear and made my way downstairs to see chacha and rishab sitting together and giggling at something while chachi stood there making an annoyed face..as i was still on the stairs the view was pretty good from here..all my worries seemed to leave as i saw there happy faces..i knew i have been missing a lot of these moments lately and i was so thankful that i thought of spending some time with them!!

While in my thoughts i joined them supporting chachi and she hugged me with one of her dramatic dialogue which made all of us laugh..it was a fun time we had!! I catched up with rishu about his life, sharing with him about mine! Soon we had a yummy dinner and sat there waiting for the desert as chachi served us...sitting there i felt like talking to amms as i was missing her, so u went to grap my phone only to find nothing, i realized i left my phone back in my room, so excusing myself i went to get my cell..

------------------

I entered in and found my cell laying carelessly on my bed, i went and grabbed it, as i unlocked my cell..there popped like a tons of notifications..curious i clicked on one only to realize that they all belonged to a single person..Mr.manik malhotra..

" what the hell is wrong with this guy..60 calls and 100 messages..is he insane!!" i said to myself shocked..

I randomly opened a msg only for my eyes to bulge out their sockets..it was

Bahar aao.  What the hell!! I quickly went to the window and peeked out, to find him standing leaning to his car and calling??...me!! As i heard my cell ringing..well! I was shocked would be an understatement..and to my sheer badluck he saw me peeking and gestured me to pick the call up at which i rolled my eyes and he gave me a angry glare..huh!! Like i was scared..

He still didn't seem to give up and kept calling continuously..feed up i decided to pick up the call and warn him..

" main tumhe kabse call kar raha hu can't you pick up..abb bahar aao" he said in a sulking tone..omg!! Do u look at the audacity of this guy!!

" mr.manik malhotra main bahar nhi aane vaali..is that clear to you!! Aur tum yaha se joa i don't want you creating a scene here" i told him in a dead serious tone..

" huh..really..you think ki main tumhare yeh kehne se chala jaunga..please you know me better..and if u don't want me creating a scene come out..10 seconds is all you have murthy otherwise you know the consequences" he said hanging up..my jaw dropped at his words..trust me i have never been this angryy on anyone this guy tests my patience so bad!! If this is his attempt of making it up, then i swear i haven't came across a dumber guy than him..Aiyappa i am sure gonna kill himmm!!!

Aiyappa!! Kya karu? jao ki nhi..nhi gayi toh yeh ladka pata nhi kya karega!! Abhi sab ghar pe bhi hai...i cant handle more tamasha aiayaappaa!!
I would never step out if i could but, i knew going out probably would be the sanest thing to do..at least he wouldn't create a scene and i will probably manage to send him back...

I went down and tried sneaking out but considering how bad i am at it, i was caught by chacha i gave him an excuse that i wanted to go for a walk and thankfully he let me without any more questions..thanking aiyappa in my heart i left the house closing the door behind..

----------------------------

As i stepped out i could see him standing leaning on his damm car and smirking at me!! This jerk.

" tum yaha kya kar rahe ho! Listen manik i don't want any tamasha right now so just go!" i told him in a stern tone almost pushing him by his right arm..

" shh.shhh..shh" he susshed me by placing his fingers on my lips and holding my arm in his other hand, he jerked me close to him and my hands involuntarily landed on his chest..

" listen to me nandini..aaj jo..bhi" he continued, quite frankly when he held me i was dazed for a min but then as he continued i got my composure back and the morning incident made way to my mind causing me jerk his hand and almost yell at him...

" don't tell me tumhare pass uske liye bhi koi explanation hai..listen mr manik malhotra..i am not taking shit from you time and again..u cannot behave the way you want to always..kabhi dost bolte ho aur dusre hi pal itna dur kar dete ho..ki.ughh..tum please jao mujhe tumse koi baat nhi karni..go please" my palms moulded in a fist, as i was trying to control all my anger and not say things that i regret later..

" nandini..i know mera koi bhi explanation won't be justified par..ek baar meri baat toh sun lo" he said in a calmer voice..i could feel he was guilty but the question is am i ready to forgive him? If i do will he not take me for granted!?

Rutba toh khamoshiyoo ka hota hai,
Aalfaz ka kya?
Voh toh badal jaate hai aksar
Halat dekhkar...

~unknown

Ps: manik's outfit same as the last update..aur nostalgia hua ki nhi!???

Heyy!!guys the update is here hope you guys liked it..if you did please please do vote and comment it mean so much-loved❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 13.9K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
482K 31.2K 38
A/N: Okay guys, I wrote this story 6 years ago, 2015. I was a 16-year-old kid at that time and this story isn't perfect. But it was a very popular bo...
513K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...
146K 6.7K 54
Highest Rankings :- #1 on friendship out of 292k #4 on emotions out of 48k #1 on bestfriendsforever out of 513 #1 on bff out of 9k #8 on darkness...