BROKEN - to be healed by her...

بواسطة the_introverted_soul

Cover credit: @bhoomi_kothari, the sweetest! ❤ Quote of the book But in all the choas, I found my peace in yo... المزيد

character sketch
1:A sneek into their lives
2: The interview (A)
3:Interview (B)
4:Their irreconcilable lives
5:The first day (A)
6:The first day (B)
7: A flirt??
8:Sparks!
9:Friends??
10:Punishment !
11: A Mystery??
12: Plan.
13: The answer!
14: Excuse me what!?
15: Babysitter!!!
16: Pain behind the smile
17: Vulnerabilities
18: Goa calling!!
19: It's her.....
20: Journey begins!!!
21: Stuck!!!
22: The lodge!!
23: Stay....
24: Breaking the ice!
25: Stalker?
26: Here for me??
27: Not so Manik Malhotra!!
28: Breaking the inhibitions!
29: Mystery around the Malhotra's!!
30: Peak into his past
31: I'll be with him...
32: A forever thing.
33: Not all scars heal!
34: Rift in their friendship!??
36: Photograph.....
37: Pavillion calling!!
38: Stranger!!??
39: Making it up!??
40: Not yet!!
41: His ways!!
42: Little things!!
43: Stepping into the mystery!
44: Digging in!
45: Manik malhotra!!
46: Let me in, please..
47: Intruder!!
48: Avoidance and confrontations!
49: Appalling changes!
50: I like it this way!!
51: The unspoken past (A)
52: The unspoken past (B)
53: The first!
54: All real or nothing at all!
55: His side of the story!
56: Raw and real!
57: Kaise hua....
58: Bondings...
59: Hugs and cuddles!
Shout-out!
60: Brothers for life!!
61: Denmark diaries!
62: Stunning revelations! (A)
63: Stunning revelations! (B)
64: The aftermath!
65: Rising!
66: Calming havens!
67: Unfathomable advances...
68: Trouble calls!
69: Deceiving veils.
70: Cohesive plane.
71 : Denial and delusions.
72 : Steps together!
73 : Tranquil souls!
74 : Plight of the 'bad guy'!
75 : Unnerving trepidation..
76 : A'cute' befuddlement!
77 : Breaking of the dawn!
79 : Twisted ties!
78 : A half of the sum!
80 : Wish you could tell me...
81 : Betrayal is the name of the game!
82 : Love that hurts!
83 : Repercussions...
84 : Don't you trust me?
85 : Trials and tribulations.
86 : Tables turned or did they?
87 : Unforeseen Betrayal!
88 : lost Love?
89: Love is not enough!
90 : Home, now and always!
Epilogue - Part 1
Tangled Fates!!!
Epilogue: Part 2

35: Sorting out!

4.4K 427 69
بواسطة the_introverted_soul

Nandini's pov:

                    He closed his eyes as he rested back on the headboard, his Adam's apple jumped a little as he swallowed the lump in his throat. Once sure he was calmer than before i sneaked out quietly closing the door behind..

I walked down the hall way looking for cabir, it didn't took me long as i spotted a similar figure in the balcony at the end of the hallway..

------------------------------

Cabir's pov:

            I dashed out of the room after verbally bashing him and for the first time i wasn't guilty of doing so, it might have went overboard but this is the only time i don't care..he needed this..he needed this to fucking not take things for granted. All i needed at this point was some alone time to sort the mess inside my mind... I stood at the far end of the hallway it was something like a balcony. It had the most amazing view to offer, the peaceful ocean and the mesmerizing sky painted with the mixture of yellow and orange giving a perfect post sunset look but none of this was peaceful for me, none managed to calm the hurricane inside me,my eyes stayed still staring nowhere in particular, blinking hardly, couldn't help but think about all the possible outcomes if..if nandini didn't reach him on time...

I never realized when my eyes started tearing up and soon enough they were sweating...i took zero efforts to wipe them off and let them flow without interrupting, i knew i needed it..

"cabir!" i heard a voice behind me and immediately knew who it belonged to..

" Nandini...agar tum yaha manik ke baare main baat karne aayi ho to..." i said taking a deep breath but before i could complete she said something that took me off-guard..

" main yaha tumhare liye aayi hu cabir." she said, it took a minute for me register what she said and when i did, i slowly turned around wiping my tears..

Nandini's pov:

                     He turned around slowly, his eyes crimson red giving a clue of the tears he was shedding a while before. He seemed confused with my words and i could figure that out somehow..

" i know you are hurt cabir...tum kehte ho na that i am your friend so why are you hiding it from me when it's soo evident that you are breaking inside" i said not able to see the ever so jolly cabir this upset and hurt...

" kya bolu nandini...main..I..I..was numb when you called...that moment it was like all the time that i have spent with him..happy..sad..sab..
Everything came as a flash..it was like i felt the hollow inside me..i felt..that
That i would lose him..how could he do this nandini..jab he knows..he knows that..that freaking bastard is the only family that i have..only one in this entire fucking world that i can rely on..sab pata hai uss kamine ko fir bhi..usne yeh sab kiya...yaha aate aate i was almost dead nandini...itne saalo main pehli baar..pehli baar mujhe upar vaale pe bharosa karne par majbur hona pada...

Pehli baar uske existence pe believe karna chahta tha....i was scared to loose him..but does he care!!...nhi usko sirf apna dukh dikh raha hai...yeh nhi dikh raha ki kitne logo ke liye voh imp hai...mere liye kitna imp hai voh...teen saal nandini...three fucking years it took me to get him out of that..aur..aur ussne ek baari bhi nhi socha voh karne se pehle...Tum batao kya yeh selfish nhi hai..kya mera gussa hona valid nhi hai??" he vented out chocking after almost every sentence...his eyes were screaming his pain..

I quickly went near him and took him in a consoling hug and he hugged back..i could feel his tears wetting my shoulders..

" tum galat nhi ho cabir..na tumhara gussa galat hai..you have all the right to be angry..hurt..abuse him..punch him..i cannot even imagine what u might have went through.." i said in merely a whisper audible to only him..rubbing his back while in the hug and soon when he was calmer than before i broke the hug..

" cabir..main yeh nhi keh rahi ki tum galat ho aur voh saahi..bilkul bhi nhi..par...apne past se jude ek aaise insaan ko dekhke jo shyaad..shayaad..apki life main ho rahe har problem ke liye responsible ho..none can stay sane..same happened to him..aur..aur iss bar toh hum bhi nhi the uske saath..i saw his state cabir...even though unconscious..it was like he had lost all the will to live...usmain jeene ki chah hi nhi baachi hai..."

" for whatever little i know through yuvraj...i get shivers down my spine..if this is just a percent of what he's went through toh usne kitna kuch apne andar rakhha hoga yeh socke mere rongte khade ho jaate hai...hum jitna bhi chahe na hum apna pain kabhi kisiko puri tarah bata nhi sakte na samjha sakte hai...tum aur main humare liye shyaad ye kehna aasan hoga ki usse aaisa nhi karna chahiye par tumhi socho na...u mean so much to him..and i have seen it in his eyes today..what would he be going through when he couldn't stop himself even after knowing he will hurt you..."

" voh apne past ko bhule ne ki koshish kar raha hai...jo nhi ho sakte...uska past humesha uski life ka ek important part rahega...and he's trying to run away from it..and khete hai na jitna app kisi cheez se bhago utna hi voh aapko katne ko daudti hai...vahi uske saath bhi ho raha hai..he needs to make peace with his past...agar humne voh kar liya na toh tum dekhna we'll soon be able to get him out of this..get him into his real self..."

" baat karlo usse cabir...he needs you right now...i am sure there are millions of things he might be dying to tell you...i saw how lost he was for a moment when you left the room....i know i probably shouldn't be telling you this considering you know him way better than i do...but..." i said blurting everything that was bugging me and trying not to offend cabir in any manner..i was searching proper words to speak when he said...

" hey..hey..nandini it's okay you don't need to get so worked up you can tell me anything related to manik..or for that matter anywhere you think i am going wrong...and about him...I'll talk to him i guess i should have handled it in a better way than i did" he said huffing tiredly and slightly throwing his head back..

" don't be so harsh on yourself it's fine...now go he's literally jumping on his seats with anxiety" i said chuckling and secretly also imagining it not being a metaphor and that made my chuckle a little more loud than it should be...

" but yeah akhri baar hai voh bhi cuz u are telling me..isske baad agar us kamine ne aaisa kuch bhi kiya na maine muh tod dena hai uska" he said irritatingly..i found it cute though..

" saath main milke todenge" i said chuckling a lill to which he game me a smile before turning around, he took a a few steps and suddenly turned around, while i stood there..

" also...i don't think main manik ko tumse aachi tarah janta hu" he said winking at me and i suddenly got conscious looking anywhere except him as i felt a warm rush of blood on my cheeks..wait was i blushing??

---------------------------------------

Cabir's pov:

I walked past the hallway and entered in his room stealthily and saw hum sitting with his eyes closed..he seemed anything but calm..i figured i was good at sneaking in but i was proved wrong as he fluttered his eyes open soon enough..

" cabir...i....i...am..so..r..ry..please..meri baat sun le" he said his eyes showed relief on finding me here but at the same time they were anxious of my reaction..

I walked ahead closer to him and once i was close enough and had perfect angle to do what i desperately wanted too..i punched him hard..hard enough to dislocate his jaw for the time being...he groaned loudly..

" kamine...shukar mana sirf ek punch mara hai mera bas chalta na toh tere chehre ka naksha bigad deta samjha" i said huffing angrily..

" sorry...na yaar..tujhe jitna maarna hai maar le..i won't say anything..akhir galti bhi toh itni badi ki hai" he said lowering his lashes..

" chal chal..itna senti drama karne ki zarurat nhi hai...jaaa..maaf kiya..par akhri baar hai" he looked at him with his eyes shining and a small smile that made me smile too..i quickly sat and hugged him..he did too and we hed on to each other for a little longer...

" aaisa fir kabhi mat karna manik..." i said rather stated..

" kabhi nhi...avnik promise" he said what???? It's after years he said this and..and..omg...nandini is right..manik is till holding on to his past...

-----------------------------

Nandini's pov:

              After shaking my head at the blushing thing i walked my way towards manik's room..i opened the door just a little to peek in not wanting to disturb them inside only for a huge smile to adore my lips seeing both the guys sorting out.....

I stood there leaning a little on the side of the door and watching the weirdly adorable duo...i was busy watching them with a smile when i felt someone's presence behind me..

" yuvraj!!" he stood there with a small smile..

" hey..how's manik?? And i see we have a visitor here?" he questioned confusingly..

" manik is a lot better and yeah that's cabir manik's best friend and mine too" i said introducing cabir to him not literally though..

" good that malhotra is fine!! and jeez he has friends" he said dramatically to which i glared at him and he laughed it off..but his laugh managed to grab the duo's attention...

" eavesdropping is bad nandini!" it was cabir...

" i...i..wasn't eavesdropping..voh..vo..h toh yeh..yuvraj..ha he..was.." i said slowly coming inside and thinking of an excuse for my rescue...aiyappa why do i have to embarrass myself every time...

Seeing me shuttering the trio started laughing and i gaped at them with my jaw hung low..how mean can these people be..

" you guys are such jerks!!" i said annoyed crossing my arms to my chest and turning my face sideways..but it had null effect on them they continued laughing like mad...and i was getting super pissed but the only thing that i liked in this moment is his laughter.....it's soo soothing..probably the first time i am seeing him laughing so hard..

" back to earth ms.murthy" it was cabir who snapped his fingers at me..standing beside me..strange i never realized when he got here..

" kaise pata chalega agar tum khoi rahogi" he said it out aloud was he in anyways reading my mind!!!

" aree cabir usko kaise pata chalega jab voh khoi hogi kisiki aakho main...ya kisi ki hasi main" it was yuvraj this time backing cabir up..these guys met like 10 minutes ago and haven't even had a proper introduction yet..can you believe that!!!!

I saw manik utterly confused as they spoke shit..while i just wanted to rip their heads off...

" haa vaise hi jaise tum khoye rehte ho mu..." i said to yuvraj and before i could even complete he interrupted me..knowing that i was aware of his little secret!!

" kya nandini tum bhi..yeh..yeh...sab leke baith gayi chalo chalo kuch khate hai mujhe toh bahot bhuk lagi hai" he said convinently diverting the topic..

" khana yaarrr..dekh kamine teri vajah se main apne pehle pyaar se kab se dur hu..chalo yaar jaldi khana mangao mujhe aur judai bardash nhi hogi abb" cabir it was blaming manik and he was like what the hell are these guys insane..

Soon enough various finger-licking dishes made place on the table in the room,while in between yuvraj and cabir had a proper introduction. We all had it till our stomach pleaded us to stop except manik who sticked to his soup that i helped him have yet again, ignoring the teasing looks and comments from the stupid duo and for manik he was practically oblivious of the matter so their words made no sense to him and he didn't even push it to know for which i was soo thankful..

We were done with our dinner basically as it was already past 8..it was a fun time with little smiles and abrupt cracking up by some or the other weird joke by cabir or yuvraj..i thoroughly enjoyed the time also glancing at him from time to time, only to see a pleasant small smile painting his lips that made me smile a little more every time i saw it...

Kitna janta hoga voh shaks mere
Baare main,
Mere muskurane pe jisne pooch liya
Tum udaas kyu ho...

~Ayushmaan khurrana

Heyy!!! Guys i hope you liked the update if yes..please do vote and a comment it would mean a lott..

Also thank you @awesomeshivu
For this amazing cover love love lovedd it...-❤

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

239K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
146K 6.7K 54
Highest Rankings :- #1 on friendship out of 292k #4 on emotions out of 48k #1 on bestfriendsforever out of 513 #1 on bff out of 9k #8 on darkness...
114K 9.1K 20
SOME PARTS IN THE BOOK ARE PRIVATE YOU NEED TO FOLLOW ME TO READ THOSE PARTS ONLY MY FOLLOWERS CAN READ THOSE PARTS. (The book was first titled 'Ste...
760K 22.9K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...