Conflicted

Door batmantho

One day while he visits one of his family's country-clubs, he meets her. Meer

↬Notes and Copyright↫
➸one
➸two
➸three
➸four
➸five
➸six
➸seven
➸eight
➸nine
➸ten
➸eleven
➸twelve
➸thirteen
➸fourteen
➸fifteen
➸sixteen
➸seventeen
➸eighteen
➸nineteen
➸twenty
➸twenty-one
➸twenty-three
➸twenty-four
➸twenty-five
➸twenty-six
➸twenty-seven
➸twenty-eight
➸twenty-nine
➸thirty
➸thirty-one
➸thirty-two
➸thirty-three
➸thirty-four
➸thirty-five
➸thirty-six
➸thirty-seven
➸thirty-eight

➸twenty-two

3.1K 133 21
Door batmantho

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

Zayn’s Pov

Skylar leaving has put me in a shitty mood. It wasn’t fair for me to be upset that she already had plans tonight, but I wanted her to be there.

“Zayn, this is why you shouldn’t have invited her here earlier. Now, your thoughts are focused on her.” Mark said, shaking his head. I know he’s right.

“Leave me alone.” I grumbled.

“You need to get your shit together. I don’t care what it takes.” He snapped, leaving me alone.

One reason why Mark and I get along so well is because he doesn’t put up with my bullshit. He’s always so straightforward with things.

I contemplated on whether or not I should call. I’ll feel better if I know we’re okay. It’ll make me feel even better about winning. Tonight I’m fighting that no good piece of shit, Harry. After what he did to Skylar, I could kill him. The thought of her with anyone else pisses me off.

I dialed her number but she rejected the call, sending me straight to voicemail. I threw my phone across the room, causing it to shatter into pieces. I stood up and went back into the main part of the gym, strapping on the gloves.

People were beginning to show up, which meant Mark would have to go teach one of those dumb boxing classes, so I went to the punching bag and hit it, over and over again.

-

The fight’s starting and that cocky grin on Harry’s face has made me forget about the fact Skylar is mad at me.

“How’s your girlfriend, Malik?” he smirked, getting closer to me. I could have knocked him out right there, but I was too focused on what he was saying.

“What?” I asked.

“What’s her name again? Samantha, Sarah…wait, Skylar, right?” He chuckled. He knows damn well what her name is.

“Don’t ever fucking say her name or-“

“Or you’ll what, give me a black eye again? By the end of the night, your sweet little girlfriend will be moaning my name.” He chuckled, taunting me.

I clenched my fists, and gritted my teeth, wanting to beat the shit out of him. “What the hell did you say?” I growled through gritted teeth.

“I can see it now, Skylar laying under me, her legs spread apart as she grips the sheets, begging me to go faster as I pound into her.” He smirked, looking through the crowd.

I squint and focus on the one person who has his attention, Skylar. I had to do a double take. When did she get here, and how did he notice her before me?

“Isn’t that her?” He quirked an eyebrow.

I lost it. I knocked him onto the floor of the ring throwing punch after punch, blinded by rage. The only thing on my mind was images of him and Skylar. It only added onto the anger as I continued to hit him harder and harder.

He was attempting to fight back, but I was too quick. I heard a crunching noise and that only satisfied me. Normally, I’d stop at this point, but Harry took it too far.

Skylar’s Pov 

Watching Zayn deliver blow after blow to Harry only made me cringe. I’ve never seen Zayn so angry and that scares me.

No one made any attempt to stop him when it was clear that Harry’s face was a bloody mess. To my surprise, Harry still attempted to fight back, but Zayn was too quick.

People were screaming all around me, cheering Zayn on. I knew that this was probably the worst fight, because it was personal. Harry was clearly unconscious and Zayn still continued to hit him over, and over again.

I couldn’t stay to watch it any longer. The sight of the blood was making my stomach turn. I grabbed my stuff and pushed through the crowd, standing outside in the cool, chilly air. I allowed myself to just breathe and once I felt like I was okay, I walked back inside.

Thankfully the fight was over and the referee held Zayn’s hand up.

He saw me and threw his gloves down, rushing towards me. His body was glistening with sweat but it only made him look more attractive.

“You came.” He mumbled, breathing hard.

“Yeah, it’s not every day your boyfriend invites you to one of his fights.” I admitted, biting my lip.

“Don’t do that.” He said, referring to me biting my lip.

He reached out for me but I squirmed away, squealing. “You’re sweaty!”

“Get over it.” He groaned.

I leaned towards him and pecked his lips, pulling away before he could pull me closer. He yanked me towards him and I squealed. He kissed me once again and hugged me. There were cameras flashing and I blushed, hiding my face.

Zayn said something but I couldn’t hear him over the sound of the audience conversing amongst themselves loudly.

I grabbed his hand and he led us outside, walking in the direction of my car. “What happened to your plans with Lia?” He questioned.

“We’re going out now.”

“Now? Sky it’s late.”

“And it’s Saturday.” I added.

“Can’t you guys stay in?” He asked.

“No.” I frowned.

“Please be careful.” He sighed.

“Always.” I smiled.

I leaned on my car and we sat there in silence. He didn’t even argue with me about it. I was expecting this conversation to go completely different. He stood in front of me, pressing his body against mine. “I have to go.” I whispered.

He brought his mouth to mine and kissed me slowly. “Come to my house when you’re done?” He asked. “It’ll be late.” I rolled my eyes, mimicking him.

“I’ll come to you then, text me when you’re on your way back.” He smiled, kissing my forehead. I nodded and got inside my car, giving him a small smile.

-

“See I told you tonight would be fun.” Lia chuckled as we walked back inside of our apartment. “Yeah.” I shrugged.

“So tell me about you and Zayn. How’s that going?”

“We’re good. He’s just very controlling, so it causes little arguments here and there.” I explained.

“I knew that,” She snorted, “from the way he was about the pizza.”

I chuckled lightly, taking a seat on the sofa. “And the sex, how’s the sex?” She asked.

“Nope, don’t answer that. I don’t want to hear about my younger sister and her sexual encounters.” Nick yelled, shaking his head. He walked into the room, scrunching his face up in disgust at Lia.

“We haven’t…” I mumbled.

“What!” She screamed.

I shook my head, feeling embarrassed.

There was a knock at the door and Nick ran towards it, probably using that as an excuse to forget about the conversation he walked in on.

“Sky, your boyfriend is here.” Nick muttered.

“This conversation isn’t over!” Lia smiled, pushing me towards the door.

When I saw him, I got butterflies. I don’t understand why I’m so nervous. “I see you’re clean.” I bit my lip, breaking the silence.

“I see you doing something to tease me.” He frowned, glaring at me.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, grabbing his hand. We were walking up the stairs when my clumsiness kicked in and I tripped.

He burst out laughing and gripped my waist, helping me the rest of the way. “Ha-Ha very funny.” I scoffed, pouting.

“How do you trip walking up the stairs?” He asked, shaking his head.

I took a seat on my bed and let out a loud sigh. “What’s on your mind?”

“You.” I whispered. He closed the distance between us and crashed his lips onto mine roughly. Our lips moved in sync and he hovered over top of me.

“I can’t do this.” He muttered pulling away.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and covered my mouth with my fingers. “It’s not you, okay.” He said, tilting my head up.

I turned my head, no longer facing him and kept my gaze on the floor. “Sky, it’s something that Harry said.” He sighed.

“What did he say?” I asked.

“He was trying to mess with my head but it worked.” He shook his head, taking a deep breath.

“What did he say?” I repeated.

“He was talking about fucking you.” He spoke through gritted teeth.

I nodded, biting my lip. This is explains so much. “He was just messing with your head.” I said reassuringly.

His expression remained grim and he wouldn’t look at me. I took a deep breath and stood up, leaving the room. I walked downstairs where Lia was and took a seat next to her.

“Problems already?” She asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“I’d rather not talk about it.” I sighed, rolling my eyes.

“Well sorry but Nick and I are going out.” She winked.

“Where?” I asked. It’s not every day your best friend and brother actually go out together. “We are going to a party at the university.” She said.

“I don’t want you guys to drink then.” I frowned.

“What! No.” She scoffed.

“I don’t want you drunk driving.” I argued.

“Sky.” She whined.

“I’ll have my driver escort you there and back.” Zayn said from behind me. We both turned to face him and Lia grinned.

“He’s the best.” She whispered, standing up 

“Thank you.” She said to Zayn once she passed him. He remained impassive, keeping his gaze on me. Lia and Nick left minutes later, leaving me all alone with him. I’m not mad at him, but I don’t feel like dealing with his mood swings.

I stood up, heading towards the stairs, when he grabbed my hand, spinning me around. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes.

“Sky why are you upset?”

“I’m not.” I sighed.

“Then what’s the problem?” He asked.

“I’m just tired and you’re obviously upset about what happened between you and Harry earlier, so I’m going to sleep.”

“Babe, don’t take it the wrong way.” He said.

“I’m not, I just don’t feel like you shutting me out is the best thing to do.” I argued.

He led me up the stairs and into my bedroom, still not saying anything. “You need to sleep.” He murmured, moving a strand of hair away from my face.

I see this conversation is going nowhere. I huffed in annoyance and grabbed my pajamas, making my way towards the bathroom. I changed clothes, then brushed my teeth.

I braided my hair to one side and washed my face before going back into my room. He sat on the edge of my bed, staring intently at his phone. I got in the bed, with my back facing towards him and closed my eyes.

“Sky, I have a business trip to go on. I’ll see you in a few days.” He sighed.

I stayed silent and he sighed again. He kneeled in front of me and pressed his lips against mine. I didn’t kiss him back and he touched my face before moving away.

He exited the room and closed the door softly behind him. I couldn’t stop the tears as they managed to cascade down my cheeks.

-

I called him again, only to be directed to his voicemail. He’s been avoiding my calls for the past two days. I dialed his number once more and this time, he answered on the fourth ring, “Malik!”

“Hi.” I said hesitantly.

“Skylar.” He acknowledged.

“I miss you.” I mumbled, taking my keys out of the ignition.

“Okay.” He said, his voice hard.

Okay? Well I definitely wasn’t expecting that.

“Um well I guess I’ll see you when you get back?” I said, more as a question.

“That’s fine.” He sighed, his voice strained.

Just like that, the line went dead. I forced myself not to cry and made my way inside the country club.

It was a surprise to see Mrs. Malik dining here today, because out of the four years I’ve worked here, she may have only dined here twice. This is about Zayn, I can tell.

“Hello Mrs. Malik, what can I get for you?” I asked politely.

“Skylar we both know I’m not here to eat. Take a seat.” She said irritably.

I hesitated before taking the seat across from her. “I want to be civil with you, so I’m going to tell you once,” She paused, “You need to leave Zayn alone.”

“W-what?” I asked.

“Leave Zayn alone. He’s a successful business owner and he doesn’t need any distractions, and he most definitely not some poor girlfriend who wants his money.” She said.

“I don’t want his money.” I argued.

“Right. I’m sure you don’t.” She scoffed.

“Actually I don’t. I’ve never asked Zayn to buy me anything.” I defended.

“Well it’s been what, a week?” She rolled her eyes.

“Act-“ I started, but stopped once I realized she wasn’t aware how long we’ve been together.

She quirked an eyebrow, waiting for me to speak but I kept quiet. “Leave him alone. He doesn’t need someone like you in his life.” She snapped, standing up and walking away.

A/n: It's been forever since I've updated, oh my gosh! I am so sorry guys! I've been extremely busy with school and homework, and practice. My team won our first play off game which means we advanced so I've been dealing with that and well yeah. Thank you all for your support! The voting and commenting really helps me! I love you all x

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! IT WILL HELP THE STORY GROW AND GAIN MORE READERS! Also, I will start dedicating chapters to those who comment!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.2M 51.3K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 18.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
221K 14.4K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
160K 5.7K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...