BROKEN - to be healed by her...

By the_introverted_soul

Cover credit: @bhoomi_kothari, the sweetest! ❤ Quote of the book But in all the choas, I found my peace in yo... More

character sketch
1:A sneek into their lives
2: The interview (A)
3:Interview (B)
4:Their irreconcilable lives
5:The first day (A)
6:The first day (B)
7: A flirt??
8:Sparks!
9:Friends??
10:Punishment !
11: A Mystery??
12: Plan.
13: The answer!
14: Excuse me what!?
15: Babysitter!!!
16: Pain behind the smile
17: Vulnerabilities
18: Goa calling!!
19: It's her.....
20: Journey begins!!!
21: Stuck!!!
22: The lodge!!
24: Breaking the ice!
25: Stalker?
26: Here for me??
27: Not so Manik Malhotra!!
28: Breaking the inhibitions!
29: Mystery around the Malhotra's!!
30: Peak into his past
31: I'll be with him...
32: A forever thing.
33: Not all scars heal!
34: Rift in their friendship!??
35: Sorting out!
36: Photograph.....
37: Pavillion calling!!
38: Stranger!!??
39: Making it up!??
40: Not yet!!
41: His ways!!
42: Little things!!
43: Stepping into the mystery!
44: Digging in!
45: Manik malhotra!!
46: Let me in, please..
47: Intruder!!
48: Avoidance and confrontations!
49: Appalling changes!
50: I like it this way!!
51: The unspoken past (A)
52: The unspoken past (B)
53: The first!
54: All real or nothing at all!
55: His side of the story!
56: Raw and real!
57: Kaise hua....
58: Bondings...
59: Hugs and cuddles!
Shout-out!
60: Brothers for life!!
61: Denmark diaries!
62: Stunning revelations! (A)
63: Stunning revelations! (B)
64: The aftermath!
65: Rising!
66: Calming havens!
67: Unfathomable advances...
68: Trouble calls!
69: Deceiving veils.
70: Cohesive plane.
71 : Denial and delusions.
72 : Steps together!
73 : Tranquil souls!
74 : Plight of the 'bad guy'!
75 : Unnerving trepidation..
76 : A'cute' befuddlement!
77 : Breaking of the dawn!
79 : Twisted ties!
78 : A half of the sum!
80 : Wish you could tell me...
81 : Betrayal is the name of the game!
82 : Love that hurts!
83 : Repercussions...
84 : Don't you trust me?
85 : Trials and tribulations.
86 : Tables turned or did they?
87 : Unforeseen Betrayal!
88 : lost Love?
89: Love is not enough!
90 : Home, now and always!
Epilogue - Part 1
Tangled Fates!!!
Epilogue: Part 2

23: Stay....

4.5K 471 42
By the_introverted_soul

Nandini's pov:

                   we were about to walk towards the stairs when he did the most unexpected thing that made my eyes do wider than ever. He held my hand in his....

This sure came as a shocker to me. I looked up to him in an attempt to find some answers but I saw his gaze fixed elsewhere, I followed his gaze only to witness two of those annoying creeps from the bunch were still staring at me, even though they were at a distance from me but their stares were soo menacing that my entire body was screaming disgust.

My eyes again found their way to him and saw him still staring at them or literally murdering them with his eyes. We finally left from the scene not before he gave them another one of his infamous glare.

---------------------------------

          It made me sigh in relief when we started walking towards the room with me hoping in my heart to not witness any more of such incidents now and thankfully we didn't. We reached the room and I felt the warmth from my hand missing and that's when I realized he had held my hand all the way and now was when he left it so as to open the door.

I was soo into my thoughts that I somehow forgot about him holding my hands, I guess he too wasn't paying much off attention either otherwise it sure would have got awkward as hell.

We got in once he unfastened the door, as soon as we were in, I mini-scanned the room from my eyes, it was obviously not something of a perfect room but considering our condition it wasn't that bad.

It was a compact room with, Walls painted in  faded pink, right in front of the door were the two single beds separated  by a table which was fairly old with a lamp above it, towards the right was the washroom, the best part about the room was the large window towards the left of the bed, the moonlight came in just right through it,  pale white curtain hung on the edged of the window.

I was busy having a look around when the sound of something which happened to be of his watch that he just kept on the table beside the bed caught my attention which made me realise I needed an explanation...

"Mr.malhotra don't you think you owe me some answers" I said raising my eyebrows at him, who turned around listening to me.

" What answers" he said as he gave me a bored look.

" ‘ek room par do alag bed’ kuch yaad aaya " I said air quoting his words.

" Mujhe koi shauk nhi hai tumhare saath room share karne ka but as I said it's not safe here, ya tum itni dumb ho ki neeche jo hua uske baad bhi u didn't realise that aur vaise bhi as I said earlier...." he was about to say something when I interrupted...

"yeah yeah main company ki responsibility hoon for now aur aap meri vajah se infinity ka reputation kharab nhi hone denge..yahi kehne vale the na I know"

I said giving him a tight lipped smile, this trip is making me show my ‘the other’ side to him quite more often than not.

He returned the same smile to me with a ‘right’ nod and taking his changes he walked inside the bathroom, frankly I was actually thankful to him somewhere as I don't think I was really looking forward to stay here alone but obviously I wouldn't say anything like that on his face so as to feed his ego.

He came out after a while wearing a casual black Tea and black tracks with white strips on both the sides. I entered and soon came out wearing my usual night dress which were probably the most comfiest clothes for womankind a pajama and a simple loose top with my hairs down as they usually are at nights.

To say I wasn't hungry would be a huge lie, I didn't had a morsel of food for almost about 10 hours now, I wonder how I am alive after this long without food, heck I can hardly go few hours without it, but ordering anything from here was sure as hell not an option just when I was about to lie down getting disheartened by the fact that I'll have starve myself to sleep realization dawned on me that chachi did keep some snacks for the journey even after my constant denials my eyes shined in glee on this.

After a mini-search mission I got those, I opened one of the chips packet hurriedly and soon I was relishing it after I had some I realised I have a company in here and it'll be rude if I Don't offer him and considering the fact he was supportive all the while I think he deserved atleast one or two of these babies I thought looking at my chips which were waiting to be relished by me...

My eyes went round the room to look for him and find him standing at the window with his cell probably trying to find some network. I walked up to him and patted his shoulder in order to grab his attention which I succeeded in . He turned around giving me a what look, I forwarded him the packet seeing which he raised his eyebrows.

" here, have some u might be hungry as well"

" No, I am fine " he said but I wasn't backing out..

" listen I am not doing a favor on you but returning one u did on me downstairs as Nandini Murthy does not believe in keeping favors " I said trying to convince him as this being the only reason on me persuading him. He gave me a ‘whatever’ look before having some from the packet.

I turned around smiling to myself and focused my attention back on finishing the rest. I decided to sleep once I was done, I turned around only to find him lying down already, I doubt he was asleep though, anyways laying down with my back facing him I retired to sleep within no time due to the entire day's exhaustion....

---------------------------------------

Past midnight :

Nandini's pov:

           My sleep broke when I felt my throat dried up, I sat upright and filled myself a glass of water to quench my thirst, after being satisfied I was about to lay down when a low murmuring sound grabbed my attention, it was a slight whisper. I frowned and looked for the source it was after few seconds I realized it was Mr.malhotra......

I switched the lamp beside the bed to have a clear look at him. The downpour outside was torrential and lightening flashes and thunder weren't helping much, the entire scene was actually scary, his increased intensity of whispers got me worried. I left my bed and walked up to his to check on him, as I got nearer I could clearly see, his entire face was covered with sweat beads,it was as if he was having a worst nightmare...

I leaned down a bit and tried shaking him to wake him up simultaneously calling him out when his whispers caught my attention...

"Leave her!!....no..no...lea..ve..her!"

"I won't....goo,no!!! Leave....her"

I heard him mumbling, even though I had no clue what he was talking about but just his murmurs were enough for me to imagine how worse the nightmare would probably be....

Only if she knew it wasn't just a nightmare

His condition was deteriorating by every passing second, he was now frantically sweating. I knew I had to wake him up somehow, having no way I sprinkled some water on him and it did work, he squeezed his eyes. I did it once more and saw him opening his eyes....

He sat upright with a jerk and suck a deep breath and started breathing heavily. I took a step back due to his abruptly actions but again got closer to him this time with a glass of water..

" here, have some" I said while making him gulp down the water and rubbing his back simultaneously to calm him down..

" feeling better?"

His demeanour slumped a bit. This was the time he diverted his attention to me, somewhere down the line his this state was piercing me, his face all wet with the sweat, his messy hairs falling on his forehead and his face which used to be an epitome of charm all pale, for the first time since I ever met him I saw a tinge of fear in his eyes that left me amazed.

For the first time it felt like he was living a pretensions life all along, his anger, hatered, ruthless behavior everything..everything was just a way to hide this side.

The real, raw, vulnerable, scared, innocent him.

The person right now was the one who wasn't afraid of expressing his fear to people as not for once did he try to mask his fear, the one who let's people break into the wall he created around himself. For the first time I was genuinely willing to help him get out of the very thing that made him this vulnerable, the first time I didn't regret agreeing to Cabir's plan...

His eyes were stuck on my face like an innocent lost child who was looking up to me to help him reach his mother, I cupped his face and said assuring him in a very soft voice....

" Hey it's okay you are fine, it was just a nightmare nothing else, you need some sleep, lay down" he nodded looking at him with his eyes full of innocence of a new born.

I made him lay down and pulled the blanket over him as the weather turned chilly, I ran my fingers through his hairs, the entire time his eyes locked with mine, neither he nor me dared to take our eyes off each other. After I was satisfied he was calm, I told him still running my fingers in his hair...

" sleep okay, I am right next to you, just there, if u need anything just call me...okay?" with that giving him a small smile I turned around to walk back to my bed when I felt a tug on my hand.

" Stay...don't go"

he said rather pleased his voice was soo soft with a hint of fear that I just couldn't get myself to deny him....

He shifted his head towards the left a bit and raised his eyes to look at me taking it as a clue I sat right beside his head on the bed. All these happenings were already so overwhelming for me and what he did next made my breath stuck in my throat...

As soon as I sat he kept his head on my lap which made me go numb. I was too surprised to say or do anything, I let him sleep the way he wants too considering his condition, unconsciously my hand found it's way to his hair and I started stroking them gently with gazillion thoughts that were running and messing with my mind and my boss who I suppose ‘I Don't really get along with’ lying in my lap. I knew this was going to be one hell of a long sleepless night.....

When darkness branches to your
soul, light still finds a way
To rise.....

                                                   ~unknown

Heyy guys! I hope you liked the chapter keep reading as there's soo much stored in...
Plzz plzz do vote and comment if u liked tge chapter it means a lot, i would really appreciate- ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 176 22
That day the cafe was overcrowded and I had to share my seat with a stranger, who seemed like a person I have known for years...her name was Prerna...
79.2K 4.9K 62
Manan ff A beautiful game of destiny So this is my first story hope you guys like it This story is about two people who are best friends and did no...
222K 13.9K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
58.8K 3.7K 54
Dear KYY fans, We have all thoroughly enjoyed a very beautiful journey through the best youth show of India- Kaise Yeh Yaariaan. We have experienced...