A Silent Struggle

By Lustplayss

"Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fi... More

A Silent Struggle
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Jahseh๐Ÿ–ค
Juniorโค๏ธ
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
I'M FUCKING HURT๐Ÿคง
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Check it out๐Ÿ‘€
Spiteful
1 MILLION READS๐Ÿ˜ญโค๏ธ
Damn Skoob๐Ÿฅบ

Chapter 38

15.2K 678 266
By Lustplayss

Before reading can we take a moment to remember a very influential man‼️ Rest in paradise John Singleton🙏🏽🙌🏽❤️💙

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

"You write your songs?" I asked Singer Baby B. She was currently signed with Yung bleu. Their song Slide Thru had over 13 million views and was going off the charts. I knew her before any of this shit though. We've been friends for some years now.

She looked at me offended. "Hell yea! I write all my shit."

"My bad, I was just asking." I chuckled holding my hands in surrender.

"What you want?" She raised an eyebrow.

"How you know I want something?"

"Nigga." She gave me a look making me laugh.

"Alright, you know my lady be bumping the hell out of Slide Thru, I'm talking about on repeat 24/7. She's obsessed with your voice." I shook my head telling her.

She cheesed. "Okay, get to the point."

"I want you to write a song dedicated to us for our anniversary coming up."

"Dead ass? This hard to believe man."

"Why? I'm serious as hell I'm not that same nigga I was almost two years ago. She changed me for the better." I finished up her tattoo wiping off the extra ink. Even though Kardi and I been through some shit and I had my wrongs, she has changed me. She made me into the man I am today. She has been down since day one and I couldn't thank her enough.

"Wow, I'm speechless."

"Man, stop playing."

"Tell me something about her or what you would say to her."

"She always second guessing herself, she just doesn't know she is my blessing man for real."

"Alright, give me something else." She said typing in her phone.

"She my rider and I keep her satisfied giving her everything she needs."

"That's all you got?" She asked smiling.

I nodded. "Why you smiling?"

"Because I can already feel it this about to be a hit."

We talked about it more before I wrapped her tattoo and told her I would text her if I had anymore ideas. My schedule was clear for about 2 hours at the moment and I was happy. I walked into my office laying back in my seat. Not even five minutes passed and someone was knocking at the door making throw a fit before relaxing.

"Come in."

"Were you sleeping?" Kardi asked walking in putting her purse and keys down.

"Nope." I mumbled.

She sat on my lap. "What's wrong?"

"I was just about to go to sleep."

"I'm sorry."

"It's cool, what are you doing here?" I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her into me.

"I wanted to take you on a date but if you're tired then we can do it another day." She frowned.

"You wanna take me on a date?"

"Yes." She laughed. "Dates work both ways when in a relationship."

"Okay." I smiled lightly tapping her thigh for her to stand up.

"Are you sure?" She questioned.

"If you came all the way here to take me on date, I'm not going to decline that."

"Alrighty, let's go." She clamped her hands together walking out the door.

"Uh uh, where y'all going?" Sky asked.

"Somewhere." Kardi answered.

"Are y'all about to go have sex? Because this is getting out of control. Y'all asses did it in the car, the office, the couch, the-"

"Okay, we get it." I said cutting her off.

"Excuse me did you say the couch?" Amber asked frowning looking at the same couch we had sex on.

"Don't worry we disinfected everything."

"Yeah, that doesn't satisfy me. We need some damn plastic on this couch or something." She said getting up making everyone laugh.

"We gone." I pulled Kardi out the door. She backed out the parking lot once we were settled in. I reclined back in the seat closing my eyes. I was just tired for some reason today.

"Can I have a kiss?" Kardi asked making me open one eye looking at her. She was leaning over the console poking her lips out. I tiredly bent down connecting our lips giving her peck.

"There you go." I said watching her face change.

"That's it? I just need some loving."

I smirked. "That's all I got."

"Why are you acting like you don't love me?" Kardi asked so dramatically.

"Woman I'm just chilling."

"Whatever." I looked over seeing her on her phone.

"Eyes on the road." She rolled her eyes putting her phone down turning up the volume up on the music.

"Baby, you don't pay me no mind. You act like you don't love me no more. Maybe you need space or some time. Your attitude is unpredictable." She sang along to the music making me look over once again.

"You serious?"

"If you don't want me, then don't talk to me. Go ahead and free yourself. If you don't want me. Then don't talk to me." She continued taking her eyes off the road for a moment.

I laughed. "Man stop being so dramatic."

"I'm just playing." She joined in turning down the music. After 15 minutes we ended up in front of a place called Yogurtland.

"Frozen yogurt?"

"Yes, it'll be good." She grabbed my hand pulling me inside.

"It stinks in here." I covered my nose.

"What it smell like?"

"Ass." I said making her laugh.

"How you know what ass smell like?"

"That's not the point."

"David, stop playing and grab this." She handed me a cup. "Okay, you can pick any flavor you want."

"Honeydew, pistachio almond, hibiscus pear tart, chocolate wafer bar, plain tart? All this shit sound nasty as hell."

"That's only because you're passing all the good stuff. Cake batter is amazing."

"You getting that?"

"Yes."

"I'll get vanilla." I was about to put some in the cup but she popped my hand.

"No, that's so basic. You have to try new things. Look they have strawberry shortcake, salted caramel pecan, or Raspberry lemonade. You can do a sample before you fill up the cup." She put some in a small cup giving it to me to taste.

"This is good. What kind is this?"

"Bomb-pop."

"I'll get this."

"Because it's blue?"

"That and it taste like a slushee." She rolled her eyes filling up the cup some more and added topping to hers. I did the same going to the register.

"Will this be all today?" The lady asked measuring the cups.

"Yes."

"Your total is $11.51." She said looking at me as I reached in my pocket.

"I got it, babe." The girl raised an eyebrow shaking her head. "Here you go."

"Well, that's new." She mumbled.

"I'm sorry?" Kardi asked looking at the girl with her head tilted to the side.

"It's just doesn't he need to pay for this. I mean he is the man, right?" She said making me shake my damn head. I went to say something but Kardi cut me off.

"Listen here um." She looked at her name tag that read Tiffany. Is every dumb bitch named Tiffany? "Tiff, maybe you should worry about completing this order instead of worrying about what me and my man have going on. Is that really what you believe, all men should do in a relationship or whatever? This is exactly what's wrong with young bitches nowadays, you say and do dumb shit. Just mind the business that pays you. Now, give me my damn card." She snapped.

"Have a nice day." Tiffany said with a tight smile looking salty.

"You too." She smiled leading me to a table. Lord, I think she might be a little crazy. "I can't stand people like that. Who really believes that?"

"It's a lot of females out her and even men that believe it."

"Do you?"

"I mean no but I like to pay for everything."

"Well, if I ask to go somewhere or invite you anyplace I would pay because I'm the one that suggested it. I feel like it should be both ways."

"I feel that." I said eyeing her yogurt. "Let me get some."

"David, we were just over there." She whined.

"You never share with me, I always share with you."

"How many times do we have to go over this? I'm not you."

"Okay."

She laughed throwing her back pushing the cup towards me. "I'm kidding, crybaby."

"This shit here." I pointed at the cup. "Is the fire."

"I knew you would like it. I mean you do eat all of my yogurts at home."

"What made you do this?"

She shrugged. "I just wanted to do something small and simple."

"Thank you for this."

"No problem." She smiled and kissed me.

"Aye, that's probably her ass smelling like that." I laughed making Kardi eyes go wide.

_________

It was later in the evening and I was at home on the game playing 2k. Kardi was calling my name but I had to ignore her at the moment.

"Daddy."

"What's up, little man?"

"Mommy wants you." He said running back to the room. I played for 5 more minutes before pausing it. I went into our room seeing her laying on the bed eating Vanilla ice cream with Cinnamon Toast Crunch on top making me laugh.

"What you want, ma?" I flopped down on the bed next to her.

"I need you to do me a tiny favor, I'll love you forever." She batted her eyelashes.

"You already do. Now, what is it?"

"Can you go get pizza? I don't feel like cooking tonight and plus I'm craving it."

"Why don't you just order it?"

"You can't from Chuck E. Cheese."

"From Chuck- you not serious? You want to go all the way over there for some damn pizza?" I looked at like she lost her mind. The place was about 30 minutes away from the house.

She poked out her bottom lip. "Please, I would do it but I'm sore from class today."

"Fine." I sighed. I couldn't even front Chuck E. Cheese had some of the best pizza.

"Thank you." She leaned over connecting our lips. I gripped her chin deepening the kiss making her moan. She put her bowl to the side without breaking the kiss climbing on top of me. She nibbled on my bottom lip before sliding her tongue in my mouth. I could taste the ice cream on her tongue making me suck on it.

"Mmm." She moaned out causing me to pull back looking at her.

"You want some dick or pizza?"

She laughed lightly. "I'm sorry, I've just been horny lately but I want pizza.

"We need to fix this when I get back." I pointed to my pants.

"Maybe." She got off. "You can get my card out my purse."

"I got it." I said walking out not giving any time to protest. I went into Kody room to see if he wanted to go. "Wanna ride with me?"

"Yes!" He hopped up putting on his shoes. After waiting for him, we were out the door. I made sure he was straight before getting in the car pulling off. Ten minutes passed and noticed my gas light came on.

"Damn, I need some gas." I made a right turning into the store.

"Come on." I took his hand walking into the store.

"Can I get some candy please?"

"Just one thing."

"Okay." I waited for him to pick something. The store dinged indicating someone walked in. I turned my head looking but hurried and turned back.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath. Why the hell is everyone just popping back up all of sudden?

"Well, well what do we have here?" I didn't say anything. "You can't speak, David?"

"Get the fuck out my face." I spat.

"Why so hostile?" She smirked.

"Man Julez, what the hell do you want?" Julez was the ex that fucked my dad. I really thought she was the one for me but that shit happened. You can't let the pretty face fool you. She's a manipulative hoe and many people tried to tell me but I didn't listen.

"Your dick, I missed it so much."

"Go fuck, James. You know that's what you do best."

"Daddy, I want this one." Kody said holding a bag of sour patch kids.

"Oh, you have a son now?" She touched my arm making me shrug her hand off.

"Bitch don't touch me." I mugged her grabbing Kody. I went to the pay for his stuff and the gas.

"David, you know I always get what I want. I'll see you soon." She laughed walking away.

"Who was that? Is she your friend?" Kody asked.

I shook my head. "Nobody important."

"She's a bad person." He said making me look at him. I know she was a bad person but the way he said it made me question what the hell did he mean.

__________________________
I honestly don't know if I like this...

Hey y'all, it's been a minute. I just haven't been in the mood to write, my mind hasn't been into it. I have just been feeling down lately, I don't know why. Hopefully, I can overcome this feeling and get back to myself.

Anyway, I changed Kodys age to 5. If any were confused. Also, I noticed I said Dave's dad name was Robert in the last chapter, it's James. Lol, I don't know where the hell I got Robert. Another thing is yes it has been almost 2 years if that seems confusing too and just maybe doesn't add up. This timeline is a little all of over this place but if anyone is uncertain about something let me know.

Let me know what y'all think🤔

Dave?

Kardi?

His ex?

Don't forget to Vote/Comment & Share💙🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 15.9K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
555K 32.5K 36
With three weeks left as a bachelor Cairo and his groomsmen think it's a good idea to take over the streets of Las Vegas. Let loose after a stressful...
889K 88.9K 30
ููŠ ูˆุณุท ุฏู‡ู„ูŠุฒ ู…ุนุชู… ูŠูˆู„ุฏ ุดุฎุตู‹ุง ู‚ุงุชู… ู‚ูˆูŠ ุฌุจุงุฑู‹ ุจุงุฑุฏ ูŠูˆุฌุฏ ุจุฏุงุฎู„ ู‚ู„ุจู‡ู ุดุฑุงุฑุฉูู‹ ู…ูู†ูŠุฑุฉ ู‡ู„ ุณุชุตุจุญ ุงู„ุดุฑุงุฑุฉ ู†ุงุฑู‹ุง ุชุญุฑู‚ ุงู„ุฌู…ูŠุน ุฃู… ุณุชุจุฑุฏ ูˆุชู†ุทูุฆ ู…ุงุฐุง ู„ูˆ ุชู„ูˆู† ุงู„ุฃ...
893K 81K 38
โœซ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐‘๐š๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐†๐ž๐ง'๐ฌ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐’๐š๐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ โŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...