A Silent Struggle

By Lustplayss

"Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fi... More

A Silent Struggle
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Jahseh๐Ÿ–ค
Juniorโค๏ธ
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
I'M FUCKING HURT๐Ÿคง
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Check it out๐Ÿ‘€
Spiteful
1 MILLION READS๐Ÿ˜ญโค๏ธ
Damn Skoob๐Ÿฅบ

Chapter 33

13.6K 676 164
By Lustplayss

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

"Sleep good?" A voice said causing me to raise up quickly which I regretted instantly. I groaned laying back down keeping my eyes closed. What the hell is wrong with me? I couldn't believe I had sex with Ella. My parents would beat my ass if they knew what I did. I stressed running my hands through my hair.

"My head hurts." I whined slowly opening my eyes. I looked to right and Ella was laying across the bed staring at me.

"Here." She handed me a pill and a bottle of water. "I knew you would probably have a hangover.

"Thanks." I took it sitting up. "What time is it?"

"It just turned 9." When she said that I hopped up out of bed naked as hell ignoring the pounding in my head.

"Shit." I mumbled. Practice starts at 10 and I'm not even sure how far I am from the hotel. "I have to go."

"I can take you where ever you need to go." She offered which I gladly accepted. I pulled my messy hair into a bun sliding back on my romper. I grabbed my heels deciding to walk bare feet since she offered me a pair of socks. Once we got to her car the ride was dull and quiet.

"So, where am I going?" She broke the silence.

"The Phoenician hotel." I said as she nodded. The rest of the ride was back silent. We didn't talk, she would steal glances here and there but didn't say a word. Once we got to the hotel she pulled into an empty parking space in front cutting off the car.

"Thank you for the ride." I said about to get out but she grabbed my arm.

"Wait, can we talk?"

I blew out a breath. "About?"

"Kardi, you know."

"I do know and I want to forget that this ever happened."

She nodded. "I know we haven't seen each other in years and what happen last night, wasn't supposed to happen at all. I also just want us to forget about it and move on with our friendship if that's okay. We were friends since middle school Kardi and you left me." Her voice cracked. "You didn't give me a warning, you just left. I went to your house to only find it empty. Do you know how that made me feel? I didn't have no one, only my dad who was always drunk off his ass."

"Don't cry, I'm sorry okay. I just had to leave. I can't explain right now because I'm running late but I can another time." I told her.

She sighed. "Can we exchange numbers?"

"Sure."

After that was done I rushed into the hotel hurrying to my room. When I made it to my room there was Nainee standing by the door fully dressed. She looked relieved to see me.

"Thank God, you're okay. Do you know how worried I was?" She gave me a big hug.

"No?" I unlocked the door dropping my things.

"I was scared. You just up and left with that girl. I didn't have your number to call, to see if you were alright."

"Sorry for having you worried. Last night was crazy."

"It sure was you little freak." She giggled. "I didn't know you liked girls."

"I don't. That was one time thing. It will never happen again."

"Ain't nothing wrong with dipping into the honey jar from time to time."

I laughed. "Not me."

I took a quick shower and got dressed while Nainee was on her phone waiting for me. Once I finished it was 9:45 and we had to go. We met everyone in the lobby going to the bus, so we can go to the venue.

"You good?" Chris asked when I sat down in the seat across from him. I drunk from the bottle filled with cold water before answering.

"Just tired." I honestly feel like shit. My head was still pounding and it felt like I would throw up any minute.

"You think you'll be good for practice?"

"Yes, I'll be fine." As much as I wanted to say no, I couldn't. I brought this onto myself. I got drunk last night and now had to suffer the repercussions.

David Brewster

"Daddy." Kody continued tapping on my face as I ignored him. He grabbed my eyelid pulling it back staring at my eyeball laughing. "I see you."

"What Kody?" I groaned laughing as well.

"I'm hungry."

"Okay, let's brush our teeth and wash our face first then I'll fix you something." I got up stretching going to the bathroom with Kody following behind me. I picked him up, sitting him on the counter helping him brush his teeth.

After we finished we went into the kitchen. I opened the fridge realizing I haven't been grocery shopping. I'm never home, I was always over Kardi's and she would cook.

"Kody, let's take a trip."

________

"You like it?" I asked Kody as he ate the bacon off his plate.

"Yes." He smiled.

"Thanks, ma." She smiled waving her at me. Her graze never broke from Kody though. Like she was trying to read him or something.

"You know.... he lo- nevermind. I don't want to sound foolish." She chuckled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"It's nothing." She sighed. "I'm proud of you though David. You've stepped up doing something your father hasn't done for you. With that being said when am I getting more grandchildren? I want about 10."

"Fuck no."

"Bad word." Kody quickly said sipping his juice.

"Sorry, but mama you tripping. Kardi and I aren't together anymore."

"Why is that?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Well at some point you're going to have to. I see the way you both look at each other. You can't let one dumb mistake you most likely made break the relationship. I'll be waiting for another grandbaby." She got up from the table going into the kitchen with Kody leaving me in my thoughts.

"How she just gone blame me? I didn't do shit." I mumbled. My phone started ringing causing me to pull it out my back pocket. Speaking of the devil.

"Where's my Kodybear?" She immediately said once I answered.

"Damn, I can't get no hi first?"

"Hi, now can I speak to Kody?"

"That's it? You don't want to talk to me."

"David, you do this all the time. You didn't want to talk yesterday, so what's the problem? I'm tired and I just want to talk to my son please." She closed her eyes and opened them back up staring at me.

"You okay? You look sick."

"I'm fine." I stared at her for a brief moment then let it go.

"Kody!" I yelled. He ran to the phone once he seen her on the screen.

"Mommy! I miss you."

"I miss you too baby. Are you being good?"

"Always." He cheesed.

I drowned out the rest of the conversation for a second. Kody had snatched the phone from me and went to sit in the living room making me come back to reality.

"I tried calling your iPad, why didn't you answer? You're too busy for me?" She faked sad.

"I forgot it, I'm sorry." I looked over and son was looking like he was really about to cry.

She laughed. "I'm just playing Kody. Where are you?"

"Grandmas."

"Grandmas?" She mumbled.

"Yes, and we are making cinnamon rolls!"

"Don't forget to save me some. I have to get back to practice, I'll call you later. I love you Kodybear."

He pouted. "I love you too."

"I need a smile before I hang up."

"No." He was trying not to.

"It's almost there." She teased.

"Fine." He smiled big which made me smile.

"That's what I'm talking about. I love you, baby." She kissed the phone hanging up.

He sighed giving me back the phone laying his head on my arm. "I miss her already."

I burst out laughing hard. "Kody you are mamas boy for real."

"You are too David." My mom walked back in with a plate full of cinnamon rolls.

"No, I'm not." I reached over trying to grab one but she popped my hand.

"Those are for my grandbaby."

"Really mama? He can't eat all of those. Just let me get one." I begged making them laugh at me.

_______

"You like it?" I asked Hailey as I whipped the extra ink off her forearm. She was someone who came to me often to get tatted up.

"This shit is dope as hell. Thank you." She got up looking in the mirror admiring the hourglass with butterflies.

"No problem." I wrapped it for her sending her out as she paid me. She was my last customer of the day, so now I could go home and go to bed.

"Kody, you ready?" I grabbed all my stuff walking to the front.

"He just fell asleep." Amber said talking to me for the first time. She was still mad about me beating Mike's ass.

"Thanks." I picked him up laying him on my shoulder.

"You're welcome. You should probably check him when he wakes up. He said he was cold when it's clearly hot in here."

"Alright, thanks again. Profit can you lock up for me?"

"I got you." He said I nodded and walked to my car. I put Kody in his seat then jogged to my side starting up the car. My phone started ringing as I backed out.

"Hello?" I answered once it connected to Bluetooth.

"Hey, Dave. My mom cooked and she wants you to come get a plate for you and Kody. Karmen will run it outside once you pull up."

"I just left the shop, so I'll swing through there."

"Well, that's all I wanted. Where's Kody?"

"He sleeps."

"Aww, well have him call me later."

"Alright."

"Bye." She said hesitantly as if she wanted to say something else but hung up.

After leaving her parents, picking up the food. I drove to my house. I grabbed Kody pulling him out his clothes and laying him in my bed. His body had slight warmth to it but I didn't think anything of it.

I smoked after I ate my food, took a shower, and watched a movie all while Kody was still sleeping. It was going on 9 o'clock and he hasn't eaten since earlier, so I decided to wake him up so he could.

"Wake up little man." I touched his body and he was burning up, like so hot he was sweating. I'm not understanding he was just fine.

"Kody, wake up." I shook him but he didn't move. My heart started racing as I continued to shake him. After a minute he started moving making me thank the lord. He groaned sitting up a little bit.

"You okay?" I asked as he nodded. Just as he did that he leaned over throwing up on the other side of my bed. I cursed as I picked him up putting him on some different clothes, grabbing my keys, and speeding off to the hospital.

"Come on." I called Kardi and her phone went straight to voicemail.

______________________
That's it.....

ANYWAYS I'm taking a break for about a year. I might not even complete it honestly who knows. God bless you all🙏🏽❤️ Love my loyal ones😘😘

I would say don't forget to Vote/Comment and Share but y'all bitches forget anyways.

Toodles✌🏽🖕🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 58.4K 76
The secret of a happy relationship is finding the right person.
LOVE By ibriclarke

Teen Fiction

227K 9.2K 45
"When I'm with you, I feel like I'm home, but sometimes home isn't the best place to be."
373K 20.7K 42
21 year old, college junior A'mia Daniels has spent most of her life abiding by her overbearing and manipulative mother's rules. Equally overbearing...
300K 20.1K 33
description inside. completed 2020.