CAST OF HEROES

By Nightmansid

James Orion Reese, a human-hybrid alien, who was chosen to save the multiverse from an unknown benefactor. Wh... More

Notice
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fiftteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Fourteen

322 12 48
By Nightmansid

Wind rippled against James's clothes from the air. He landed behind a red tent as he deactivated his glowing green and blue eyes and blue aura that was given off his body. James was checking his breath, his black t-shirt for wrinkles, and jerked his head back in position. He dusted off his khaki shorts and new black Air Jordans while rubbing his black short haircut.

James turned to the side, walking forward seeing a crowd of people going on big rides, eating cotton candy, and playing other games for amusement. James' shoes  swished on the gravel as he scouted, finding Raya on her cell phone by the corner of a black tent. She wore blue jeans and a light green t-shirt. He headed toward her direction. Her long, brown hair and her blue enchanted eyes made James' heart pound at a fast pace.

James smiled, walking up to her. "Hey."

 She turned around. "Oh, Hi James, I was just about to call you. I'm glad you came." Raya put away her cell phone.

James took her hand. "Well, me too, you want to go on the Ferris Wheel? We can grab a bite later."

"Okay, sure lead the way, James," Raya said.

James and Raya approached a line. Seven people were ahead of them. There was one bulky guy, collecting money for five dollars for the ride. James pulled out his wallet to pay for the tickets. He looked at her eyes admiring her beauty. "I just wanted you to know that you look beautiful, Raya."

She smiled with red cheeks of approval. "Thank you, James, you don't look bad yourself." 

 They approached the multicolor Ferris Wheel with its red, blue, and yellow colors.  Hunter clone arrived, watching James and Raya entering the Ferris Wheel. He smiled as his eyes flickered with a yellow glow.

"Excuse me, but you can't cut in line. We were here first and the line is back there!" Hunter clone turned around and glanced at the guy who interrupted his moment.

"I'm sorry, where are my manners," Hunter clone said with a calm tone."I'll go back in line." He smirked leaving the line.

Within seconds minutes, the man that approached Hunter clone started to have a massive heart attack right on and fell on the ground. The crowd turned in shock and panicked as they stood back. The man who collected money for the rides went to the man who had a heart attack and called the ambulance.

"X, are you in position?" Hunter Clone asked.

 X walked in a steady path, running scans on the perimeter. "Confirmed."

"Okay, here is what I need you to do? I need you to attack the crowd to draw James out. I'll handle the rest."

"Confirmed." X turned his hands into plasma rifles and started shooting people. X shot the control system that caused the Ferris Wheel to stop, leaving James and Raya in midair trapped.

She took out her cell phone to record the incident for her school paper.  "James, all my God! Do you see that? The people are being attacked by some type of robot and we are trapped here." 

"Yes, I do see," James held her hand. "Stay here, you'll be safe."

"James, don't be crazy, you are too high to jump down. It would be suicide," Raya said with a concerned tone.

Green Thunder shows up before James attempts to leave the Ferris Wheel. "Look who showed up to ruin all the fun." James gritted his teeth.

"Who is that mystery guy in that suit?" Raya asked.

"Someone you don't want to know, trust me on that." James touched her face and used a fraction of his blue aura powers to put Raya to sleep. He caught her and picked her up. James laid her body on the cushioned seat. He took her cell phone and caused it to crack and break from the black screen. James looked at her as he opened and closed the door behind him. 

                                                                           * * *

Green Thunder pulled his quantum green katana blade out from his sheath. He swing it to the side and pointed his sword at X."You want a piece of me? Come and taste my blade." Green Thunder got in his fighting pose as X ran into his direction. With quick timing, Green Thunder thrusted  forward with two quick slash attacks at X,  cutting it's exoskeleton chest armor plate and leaving a huge slash exposing wire and circuits at the corner of the neck. 

X countered the third slash to his shoulder, grabbing hold of Green Thunder's blade as he struggled against the might of the robot's strength, trying to pull away with his sword as he stamped his foot on the ground. X took Green Thunder by the head and slammed his body deep into the pavement while firing his blue laser beam at him. When the smoke cleared, Green Thunder rolled to the side, picking up his sword deflecting the laser energy attack. X increased the intensity of the blast.

With superspeed, James charged at X through a funhouse, breaching the steel wall. X Punched James hard with its cybernetic right hand and held him down with its left hand, while its plasma cannon stood out from the left shoulder, pointing to his head. 

At the instant, James developed a blue aura around his body that shielded him from the blast. He broke free from X's grip, ripped off its arms and canons from the left shoulder, and pushed its Jaw hard against the wall of mirrors. James stepped through a hall of mirrors and X disappeared.

"Who sent you?" James asked with glowing green and blue eyes. Was it Saladin? He couldn't face me? Instead, he sends me a robot to take me down?"

X Jumped from the shadows, spearing James with the head. It grew mechanical cables from its arms that wrapped him up. James struggled with his arms clenching his teeth. Green Thunder rolled in with his sword and sliced and diced X's head and torso. 

X's head rolled to the side as its green eyes faded away into darkness. Green Thunder then cut the metal bands off of James' body. Then, Green Thunder reached for James's hand. He refused and got up on his own.

James glared at Green Thunder. "I don't need your help. What are you doing here?" 

"I would ask you the same thing," Green Thunder said. The Hunter Clone was hiding in the shadows with yellow eyes flashing. He shot a small dart hitting James's neck. James thought it was a mosquito that bit him.

James grimaced in annoyance. "Ahh, darn bug let's get out of here."

As they both left the funhouse, Hunter clone stepped out of the shadows. "Now wherever you go, James, I'll find you."

After the events, James headed back to the multicolor Ferries Wheel and flew into it as he picked up Raya safely in his arms. For a moment, he enjoyed her peaceful state. James placed Raya on the  abandoned benched near the grass.  

"Come on, James we got to go," Green Thunder said.

James turned and looked at Raya, holding on to her hand. "I can't leave her."

"She can't come with us. It would be dangerous for her to travel with us and you know that. Green Thunder noticed the police cars arrived at the scene. "She will be safe." 

James nodded and walked over to kiss Raya's forehead. "I will make this up to you somehow."

"Earth to Reese? We got a crystal to locate." Green Thunder activated a portal with a wristband Millennia modified for him to use.

"I'll be back for you, Raya, I promise."He let go of her hand leaving the bench and walking in the woods. As cops arrived at the carnival, James took off with Green Thunder through the portal in a flash of blue light.

A portal opened and James and Green Thunder ended up at the destination of Earth 15 somewhere in New York. The sound of cars honking and the crowd of people walking the streets felt familiar to James. 

"Where are we?" James asked, feeling out of place. He looked around and noticed how others dressed compared to what he was wearing.

"Manhattan, New York, what they call First Avenue. I'm sensing a Crystal of Kondo not too far from here. We better get going."

James nodded."Okay. Hey, is that a 1990 Mercury Capri?"

"I am not familiar with your world's vehicles," Green Thunder walked on the sidewalk.

James walked over to a black newspaper paper stand and gasped. "This is insane? 

"What is it James?" 

"We are in the 90's? How is that possible?"

"Hey, nice custom, man!" A pedestrian said, carrying a walkman on his side with headphones and passed by Green Thunder.

James looked around. "I hate to say this... you better turn back to Charles. You don't want to draw unwanted attention around. 

Green Thunder tilted his helmet, crossing his arms."Only if you promise not to harm the vessel."

James sighed. "I don't keep promises, but since I need help finding the Crystals of Kondo, I'll make an exception."

Green Thunder armored glowed green as his armory folded away into Charles's skin in a flash. He rubbed his head from being in transition. "Where are we?"

"New York, Manhattan. Come on, we gotta get going. Can you use Green Thunders' powers to locate one of the crystals from this world?"

Charles raised an eyebrow, gripping his wristband with a small crystal that glowed with green light. "Yes, he showed me how to. This way."

James shrugged his shoulders and snorted. "Why do I bother to ask?"

James and Charles headed for the nearest subway station. "The signal is getting strong, Reese, it is coming from that wall on the far corner." 

A train passed through the tunnels at Great speed. James knitted his eyebrows and sucked his teeth in at the sight of Charles. He bit his lower lip, and clenched his fist.

Charles ran toward the wall of the subway station surrounded by rats, dust and graffiti artwork on the wall. James caught up to him.

"Tired already, Reese? Try to keep up." Charles gave off a smug like smirk.

"This is supposed to be a team effort, remember? Not a rat race." 

Charles snickered. "Yeah, whatever, let's get this over with."

"I can sense the crystal."James walked up and felt the impression on the wall, feeling the vibration of the crystal. "This is it."

Charles sighed, rolling his eyes. "Well, you're welcome."

James took a deep breath and balled his right fist, summoning his blue aura power. "Stand back." James channeled his blue aura energy from his hand.

 Charles stood back as James lifted his right hand and blasted the wall with his powers. He disintegrated the brick wall, dust threw up in the air as James and Charles fanned and coughed.  

Charles coughed. "Way to go genius."

James looked straight ahead as the dust cleared.  "Jackpot." Blue light emanated from the wall.  James sensed the power of a crystal, calling out to him. He picked it up and a stream of blue energy from the crystal entered his body. 

James' body started to float. ''What's happening to me? I can't let go." 

Charles jumped up and tried to get the crystal off James. The energy propelled him in the form of a shock wave, sending him back to the ground. 

A green portal opened up near the wall created by Saladin's hand. Androids walked through and started to open fire at Charles and James. Charles rolled out of the way dodging the plasma rifle rounds. James fired a larger projectile blast from his hand destroying all of the androids in one massive shot.

Charles lifted his eyebrows. "Woah, I didn't know you could do that."

"That is a new one for me. This blue energy was loaded with power. We got what we came for. Saladin must be aware of our scavenger hunt for the crystals. There will probably be more of those androids coming--"

James got blasted from the back with green plasma energy by androids that were taller than the other models and that had gold plated armor. It turned its dark skeletal head toward Charles, its green eyes blinked. In the instant, Charles transformed back into Green Thunder with a flesh of green energy as his armor formed around his skin in seconds. 

A holographic image of Saladin appeared in front of them."You have been torn to my side, boy. You have something that belongs to me. Give up the blue Crystal of Kondo and I may let you live."

"Don't do it, James, he will destroy you as soon as he gets what he wants." Green Thunder pulled out his green quantum katana.

James' eyes glowed with a deep green and blue aura. "I'm not giving you jack, Saladin, you killed my father. For that, I will find you and destroy you..."

Saladin laughed. "We will see, boy, we will see... Androids, destroy them both and fetch me the blue crystal from that creature's corpse!"

The hologram of Saladin vanished and the tall, Golden Android fired multiple blasts of large green lasers at James and Green Thunder around them.

Green Thunder did a forward roll, deflecting the blast from his direction with his sword. James stepped in front taking the brunt of the blast as he raised his aura powers as it singed his shirt. He channeled his blue aura powers from his right fist and blasted the android with large blue projectile energy that destroyed it. Fire engulfed the limbs of the android as it twitched for the last time.

"That wasn't so b---" 

"James, behind you!"

James turned around as his eyes widened when the tall, Golden Android robotic parts repaired itself and opened fire. James deflected multiple plasma green blasts from the Golden Android. Green Thunder did a semi-circle dodge and sliced at the android's arms. 

With his blue aura surrounding his body, James charged from the side of the mechanical titan with his fists. The Golden Android turned around and slapped James hard in the face, took him by the arm, and  sent him flying into a brick wall crumbling around him. 

"Oh shot," Green Thunder charged up his Katana with green quantum energy. He ran forward ready to strike.

The Golden Android jumped in the air at Green Thunder as he took a swing with his sword, slashing twice at its gold chest plate, making a slight dent. A laser cannon was fired from the android's shoulder, hitting Green Thunder's chest as he went down. In the instant, Green Thunder's feet pivoted, strained to deflect the laser with his sword.

James' eyes grew darker with a green and blue glow, gritting his teeth as he busted the pile of debris of bricks, flying through the opening at the Golden Android.

Wires came out of the Golden Android's lambs, binding both James, and Green Thunder bodies with metal coils that shocked them. The restraints durability was increased as James and Thunder grimaced when they struggled to break free of the trap. The Golden Android blanked, charging its shoulder laser cannon at them.

James struggled with his wrist and clenched his teeth. "This can't end like this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550 11 157
It is the year 2864, a time where a hundred parallel Earths orbit around a single Supersun, a place full of beauty and wonder. However, deep entrench...
4.1K 131 6
Now available in print and digital! _____ A superpowered hybrid of alien species. A childhood of lies. A foreigner who contradicts them all. Fo...
748 72 18
What if you were the most wanted person in Seattle? Only what if you weren't human? Barco Venice a water marvel can explain that although he may be t...
16.5K 792 89
War, battle, fighting, and victory. Those were the only things that Asim knew, being a super soldier created for the sole purpose of fighting battles...