The Binding String

By Albeli_26

NOTE :- This Fanfiction has nothing to do with the original show except the characters and the name. Readers... More

P R O L O G U E
I N T R O D U C T I O N
O N E
T W O
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
3 TRIMESTERS FOR LIFE
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
A/N
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - F I V E
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - S E V E N
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y - N I N E
F O R T Y
I N F O R M A T I O N
F O R T Y - O N E
F O R T Y - T W O
F O R T Y - T H R E E
F O R T Y - F O U R
F O R T Y - F I V E
N O T E
F O R T Y - S I X
F O R T Y - S E V E N
F O R T Y - E I G H T
F O R T Y - N I N E
F I F T Y
F I F T Y - O N E
F I F T Y - T W O
F I F T Y - T H R E E
F I F T Y - F O U R
F I F T Y - F I V E
F I F T Y - S I X
F I F T Y - S E V E N
F I F T Y - E I G H T
THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
F I F T Y - N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y - O N E
S I X T Y - T W O
S I X T Y - T H R E E
S I X T Y - F O U R
S I X T Y - F I V E
S I X T Y - S I X
Tangled By A Twist Of Fate
S I X T Y - S E V E N
S I X T Y - E I G H T
S I X T Y - N I N E
H I S : B R I D E
S E V E N T Y
S E V E N T Y - O N E
S E V E N T Y - T W O
S E V E N T Y - T H R E E
S E V E N T Y - F O U R
S E V E N T Y - F I V E
S E V E N T Y - S I X
S E V E N T Y - S E V E N
S E V E N T Y - E I G H T
S E V E N T Y - N I N E
E I G H T Y
E I G H T Y - O N E
E I G H T Y - T W O
E I G H T Y - T H R E E
E I G H T Y - F O U R
E I G H T Y - F I V E
E I G H T Y - S I X
E I G H T Y - S E V E N
E I G H T Y - E I G H T
E I G H T Y - N I N E
N I N T Y

T H R E E

1.4K 128 48
By Albeli_26

OUTSIDE OF JUDGE CHAMBER
FAMILY COURT PREMISES
NEW DELHI.
3.30 PM

"Ishita Akka are you confident with your decision?"
Surpiya Swami asked her client who was pacing too and fro in the passage, infront of judge room.

"Yes Surpiya, I'm. I don't need to rethink about my decision. I'm firm on it. Have you prepared the papers?" Ishita whispered going breathless, the nervousness was clearly visible from her tone. She continued to fidge with hem of her peach cotton saree she wore. She wiped the sweatbeads from corner of her forehead eagerly looking at the closed wooden door of judge cabin.

"Almost Akka. Mr Neil is going to be here anytime soon." Supriya replied while checking the papers again. Ishita nodded her head and sat on wooden bench kept in waiting area of family court.

"Akka Mr Neil is here. And Mr bhalla as well." Ishita shot her head up, her heartbeats started to become rapid as she saw her husband coming towards the building, with the tentative slow steps. She tried to read his facial expressions but failed due to glares he wore. His eyes were vocal always, she often used to rear his eyes whenever she found him helpless or angry. Today she badly wished to read those black orbs, she was scared with his reaction, they parted there ways an year back but yet she wished to know his side of story, the decision he made for there daughter. As she saw him sitting beside her with stern face she averted her face to other side and continued to play with hem of saree to kill the time.

He glanced at her from corner of his eyes and sighed realsing she was nervous just like him. He don't need words from her to understand her inner turmoil, her actions were enough to convey about the probable thoughts running in her head. He racked his hand through his short hairs continued to rethink about the decision he made for his daughter. He badly wished to know about her opinion, but his male ego stopped him and he decided to sit by her side until there names were called.

"Bhai are you sure with your decision?" Neil stopped his brother cum client, stopping him middle of tracks.

"I have no option left. The decision sounds convincing." Raman whispered looking at his soon to be ex wife who already moved inside of chamber along her lawyer.

"All the best." Neil have a tight squeeze on his shoulder, Raman removed his business suit and moved inside of chamber.

**************

"So Mr and Mrs Bhalla are you sure with your decision?" Neelima Tyagi asked in surprised tone while rechecking the papers of the couple presented by there lawyers.

"Yes mam." They replied in unison in feeble voice.

"Till yesterday you were fighting for your daughter's custody and now...." she stopped in middle amazed with the decision couple had made. "Have you made this decision together?" She questioned for another time as she kept the files at the left side of her desk.

"No....but what happened?" The nervous couple shot there head up wondering over the question judge asked.

"The synchronisation of your decision. It amazed me." They narrowed there brows with confusion continued to look at each other. "So Mr and Mrs Bhalla you proposed for compormise for your daughter sake. Hmm......the decision is appreciating."

There eyes widened out as they listened judge words. Ishita mouth almost opened in complete O shape looking at her husband otherside Raman forgot to utter anything listening the decision his wife made.

"What?? Really?" They managed to reply somehow still trying to cope up with the fact that they made same decision this time, ignoring there own difference for there daughter wellbeing.

"So Mr and Mrs Bhalla are you sure with your decision? Do you really wished to do compromise for the sake of your daughter?" Neelima Tyagi repeated the words she read in the papers presented from both the sides.

"Yes.." They repeated there decision in stern voice.

"Are you willing to stay together for the sake of your daughter?"

"Yes."

"Ok then the court is ordering you to stay together for the next six months. In the period of six months the court will review this case on specific days and after six months on the basis of your behaviour with each other and with your daughter we will decide about the grant of your divorce and the full time custody of your daughter."

Neelima Tyagi signed the papers and handed to the lawyer's of both the parties who started to follow the remaining formalities, "along this Mr and Mrs Bhalla, you have to attend the marriage councilling sessions arranged by court."

"But why mam? What is the need of these sessions?"
Raman almost whispered in loud voice, hearing the another decision

"We really don't need it mam." Ishita supported her husband for same.

"Sorry but this is the part of procedure and it's important for both of you to attend each and every session. If you don't do it then I'm sorry the procedure of divorce and custody will become complicated."

"But mam....yeh councilling? We already made our mind mam. Aur ab yeh councilling. Iski kya zaroorat hai ab?" Ishita expressed her opinion, still not convinced with the compulsion of councilling sessions she need to attend with Raman.

"Exactly mam hume ek saal ho chuka hai alag hue, ab yeh councilling kyon? Aur ek saath rehne ki bhi kya zaroorat hai? Hum turn by turn Roohi ko apne ghar nahi le ja sakte?"

"Sorry Mr Raman zaroorat toh hai. Aapki beti kiske paas rehna chahati hai yeh faisla usko hi karne dijiye. Aap usse yeh haq toh nahi cheen sakte hai Mr Raman aur Jahan tak baat rahi councilling sessions ki toh yeh toh procedure ka part hai jise hume follow karna padega. Aur jab aap dono mann bana hi chuke hai toh phir councilling sessions aap dono ko kya farq padega."

They remained stilled and nodded there heads with hesitation realising they have no other option left. Ishita Raman mumbled a soft thank you to judge and left the cabin followed by there respective lawyers. As they came outside of cabin, an awkward silence spread in between them and they started to search everyway to avoid each other. Who thought that the hour with Tyagi can change the dimensions of there life.

"Bhai the papers are with us. Judge ordered you to implement the orders with immediate effects." Neil broke the awkward silence and handed the copy of judgement to Raman.

"Ok.....Ok. We will do something about it." Raman assured his lawyer same and left the place confused with sudden turn of events.

"I'm leaving for university. Will see you later Supriya." Ishita took leave in cue as her husband left the premises leaving the two beside.

"Oh god how it happened Supriya?" Neil asked in surprised tone looking at his fellow colleague who was smiling softly while reading the papers.

"You tell me Pathak how it happened?" Surpiya asked to Neil continued to walk towards the cafeteria.

"How about narrating the things over a cup of coffee?" Surpiya immediately agreed hearing the offer by Neil and they acquired seats in selcuated corner after making order of two cups of coffee and some sandwiches.

"So tell me your side of story." Neil asked to Supriya while enjoying grilled cheese sandwiches.

"Hmm it started like this..." And Supriya started to narrate the incident which changed Professor Ishita Bhalla mind within time.

***************

BACK IN THE MORNING
DELHI UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
PROFESSOR ISHITA BHALLA CABIN
11.00 AM

"Hey professor good morning."

"Good morning Sulekha Mam. Please have a seat." Ishita welcomed her fellow colleague Sulekha Bhatt, professor of Human Rights. Ishita wholeheartedly welcomed the senior professor, glad with the fact that the conversation will surely work as distraction. As they begun there conversation with a cup of ginger tea the newspaper kept near professor Sulekha drew her attention.

"What is this newspaper about? Anything specific?"

"Oh yes! We are going to do protest. So I want you to join us. Since you're an active member of our university so we wish you to support us this time as well." The smile from her face vanished hearing the invitation to take part in the protests. Those were the days when she used to take part in marches, when taking candle marches for social welfares was a part of passion and incident was enough to fade out those passion. And now just memories left.

"But why?" Ishita asked in monotonous tone, to hint her about her unavailability for the upcoming protest.

"The Child care shelters are started to become unsafe for the kids nowadays, the growing issue of sexual harressments within minor girls are increasing day by day. And most of the cases are registered from the government owned NGO's. Our department decided to show protest for it, would you like to join us?"

Before the professor can complete her words Ishita snatched the newspaper from her hold and her eyes started to scan the each and every word published in newspaper. She almost find difficult to breath as the words started to rotate in her mind.

Supriya we need to meet.....it's urgent.

"Ishita Akka met me for second time and we drafted new papers."

Surpiya concluded her words with a serene smile, "and Raman Sir? What made him change his decision?" Supriya questioned looking at Neil who was smiling looking at her.

"The one hour car ride."

*********

A SLOW CAR RIDE FROM PSR HEAD OFFICE TO FAMILY COURT PREMISES.

After finalising the papers, Raman Bhalla along his lawyer Neil Pathak started another journey from PSR Globals Headquarters to the building of Family Court. The traffic was at peak in afternoon and hence their BMW moved with snail like speed on the busy roads of Delhi.

"Ramesh what happened? What is this ruckus about?" Raman shut his mac book and rolled down the mirrors, there was a long jam of cars on the road and from the distance the barricades were visible. He rolled up the mirror with irritation and looked at Neil who was still working on papers.

"Ramesh please go and inquire about it." Raman instructed his driver and started to go through some random papers.

"What is this rush about?" Neil questioned after closing the file he was reading.

"I don't know. I have asked ramesh to enquire about same. Anyway these are the papers we may need in court."

"What are these papers about?" Neil questioned continued to scan the papers.

"The fixed deposits and other investments I have kept for Roohi. These are some 5 million rupees. I think these are enough for her education."

"Are you sure of your decision?" Neil was not hopeful but yet he repeated the question he had asked many times.

"Yes I can't live with Ishita anymore. It's the best thing I can do." Raman replied in nonchalant tone and came out from car realsing Ramesh's absence.

"Raman. How are you?" Raman removed his sunglasses seeing the Abhinav Shukla, Assistant Commissar of Police who looked busy in something. He hugged the young office brightly continued to look at the chaos created on road.

"What going on Abhinav? Where you guys are taking these roadside beggars?"

"They are not beggars but the kids trapped in the racquet. They are just few there are many to rescue."

"What kind of racquet?"

"These kids are sold by NGO's to a gang who make kids beg on road. The gang is also involved in human trafficking. Raman peoples are turning monsters now." Raman bhalla realsing the ground is slipping away from him. He looked at the little kids with astonished expressions who were living in the most pathetic conditions. The most of the kids are of his daughter age but looked weak and under nourished.

"Which NGO is involved in it?" He stammered continued to look at kids taken away in ambulances.

"There are many but mostly are government aided. By the way are you going somewhere?"

Government aided!! If the government aided NGO's are not safe then whom he supposed to believe for his daughter safety? As he continued to look at the sad faces of the little kids his daughter smiling face started to flash infront of his eyes. The scaring picture of society left him shocked until abhinav shook him to gain his attention.

"Raman what happened? Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes yes I have an appointment with judge after an hour and this road is convenient to reach."

"Yes I know. Bur I'm sorry we can not remove these barricades for the next few hours. But I know a lane which can connect you with the main road. Send your driver here, I will guide him." Raman nodded his head absently and went towards his car where Neil was waiting for him.

"Neil I want you to draft another set of papers for me."

"And that's how bhai changed his decision." Neil finished narrating his side of story looking at Supriya who was smiling on something.

"Kya hua?"

"Nothing just wondering on murgun's conspiracy. Honestly I never wished this divorce to happen. And I'm glad that they changed their decision, whatever the circumstances maybe but yes they changed their decision."

"I agree. Somethings are supposed to happen."

Neil smiled back looking at Supriya and they continued to chat happily till rest of the evening.

**************

Hi

Hi

Whatsapp is not a place to discuss the matter, how about a meeting?

I'm with it. Your place or mine?

CCD, next to your apartment. An hour later.

Ok.

Ishita Bhalla heart filled with anxiety reviewing the chat she had her husband a minute back. She buried her head in her palms as the events of the entire day started to flash infront of her eyes. Was she ready for another beginning? With him?

Raman Bhalla glanced at his phone with straight face and leaned back to glass panels, started to admire the view. The busy city appeared pea sized from 40th floor of his multinational company building. Till last night he was relieved with the circumstances, his heart was prepared to start an another start all with himself. But now is he ready to share his life with her? Again?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 25.1K 36
•Ishita the oldest daughter in law. Abhimanyu Thakur's wife. They both have been married for three years and have a one year old baby boy. Ayaansh Th...
35.5K 1.9K 34
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...
406K 46K 28
"𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒔, 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖" ...
1.1M 54.2K 38
Ishita Gupta is a Delhi based college going girl who is very shy and timid in nature. She is very much loved by her family and her best friend whom s...