You Only

By QuEeNafj

This is the sequel to Only You. In this book expect more drama, more love, more action, and more surprises. S... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Questions
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note

Chapter 25

539 13 1
By QuEeNafj

*Marcus POV*

"Hey fat mama" I said picking up my daughter out her crib at the daycare It is my week with Lai. Diamond and I have a rather... non-existent relationship. We have been co parenting Laila for the past couple months. I can't believe that we were once a strong close knit couple, and now.. we barely speak unless it's pertaining to Lai. I remember the distinct moment where I knew we were over.

Flashback

"Alright Lori. You can go ahead and go home. I'm tired and we have prepped enough for this case tomorrow. I think you are almost ready to lead first chair on a case soon" I said to my assistant. She was very helpful.

"Yes sir" she said beginning to pack her things. I was so ready to be home watching my daughter laugh and smile. I feel like I am missing her grow when I am at work. Diamond started working part time at a front desk at some business, so we put Laila into a daycare center. They always send text updates and pictures and Laila is just growing.

I shook my head out of my thoughts and stacked my papers on my desk in order of importance. Once Lori and I were all packed up, we walked out as I locked the door behind me.

"Have a nice night Mr. Johnson"

"You do the same" I said getting into my car.

I think I was racing against time to get home because I got there in a record time of 10 minutes when it usually takes me 20 minutes to get there. I loosened up my tie as I walked to the door.

When I walked in, I heard giggling like noises coming from the living room. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, and honestly prepared myself for what I was about to see.

I walked into the living room seeing Antonio kissing on Diamond's neck. They were wrapped in a blanket and he didn't have on a shirt.

"You wrong as fuck, Diamond" I said causing both of them to jump and turn around to look at me. I wasn't surprised. I continued to live with Diamond because I didn't want her to run off with our daughter.

"It's not what-"

"it looks like" I said finishing her sentence. "You need to leave" I said pointing at Antonio. "and you..." I said pointing to Diamond. I couldn't even say anything

End of Flashback

"You getting so big mama" I said as she started laughing. Laila was a very goofy baby.

"Thank you guys" I said to the daycare workers.

"No problem Mr. Johnson" they said back as I walked out to my car. I put Laila in her car seat, buckling her in. I kissed her forehead before getting into the car.

I'm glad that Diamond and I are no longer together. I don't think I could put myself through getting disrespected to the max on a daily.

*Keenan's POV*

Anari's salon, with my upgrades, add-ons, and decorations, was finally finished and I still haven't told her that I knew about it. It was absolutely amazing how things came together. I know she will be thankful for it. She just might hate me for getting involved in her secret project.

"Okay. Kareem's fed and burped" Anari said walking into the boys' room and sitting into the rocking chair. I was holding Kyndall. My lil nigga be chillin like crazy.

"Was he behaved cause I'll beat him up bout giving his ma problems" I said causing her to smile. "Umm... I have something to tell you"

"Yeah he was and what do you need to tell me" she said making faces at Kareem.

"I did something, but I don't want you to be pissed at me because I did it because I love you"

"Keenan"

"Promise me you'll consider my reasonings behind my actions"

"It depends-"

"I won't continue until you promise" I said cutting her off.

"I promise" she said after a pause.

"Okay. I know about your salon"

"Wha- How?"

"Shhh. You left out some papers and I seen them and I started looking into it and then... I bought the place for you"

"Keenan what the fuck"

"I had designers send me options on looks and I got you hair booths and nail tables. I purchased all the nail products, but I didn't do the hair products because I didn't understand the differences between all of them. I bought the space next door and had people reconstruct it into an office and a playroom/nursery/chill space for the kids. Everything is waiting for your return"

"Keenan. I saved money that my dad and god father gave to me, so I could do this one thing by myself. I didn't tell anybody about this because I wanted to do it by myself. I wanted the satisfaction of accomplishing a business start up all by myself, but you just had to go flaunt your money and go open my business. Sooo... What? Is this under your company? Am I working for you? Did you do this shit with K and her boutique? I didn't thinks so" she said laying Kareem in his bed and walking out the room.

"Well, that went a lot better than what I expected" I mumbled to Kyndall.

I knew with the twins coming that Anari would be busy with them. I knew they would take up her time and energy, so I wanted to do this for her so she wouldn't have to stress. I understand her wanting to do something on her own. I kinda just did it thinking she would love what I did for her. I bet if she seen it she would be more than happy about it.

I laid Kyndall in his bed and walked to our room. Anari was laying with her back turned to the door. I laid beside her wrapping my arms around her waist.

"What are you doing?" she said turning around to face me.

"I love you Anari. I really do. I wanna marry you and have a small wedding with our families and I wanna go on a honeymoon to some country that's beautiful. We made some very cute baby boys despite the drama that we went through to get to that point. I love you. I want you to understand that please. There is no one else that I would rather be falling asleep next to every night. There is no other person that I wanted to raise kids with. There is no other person I would buy a salon for even though you hate me for it. I only did it because I did not want you to stress over it. The money you put down is paying bills. The building is 100 percent in your name. You own the rights to your salon Anari" I took a deep breath. She was staring intently into my eyes.

"I love you too" she said leaning in to kiss me.

We honestly haven't showed affection like this since the last time we had sex, and this kiss had me going crazy. I know she just had the boys, but I need these six weeks to be up. I pulled away before things got too carried away.

Maybe things can become better now that we have had this break through. I would hate to digress at any level. Anari and I have worked hard to reach this level and I am glad about it.

*Anari's POV*

Being on literal good terms with Keenan felt good. It has been waayy too long where it has been awkward and quiet moments in the house and way too many nights where I did not want to be in the same bed as him. It's all my fault honestly. I was the one who originally cheated and caused dismay in our relationship, but now we are good. We are finally good.

What we really need to do now is get adjusted to being parents to two sets of twins. The girls have been sort of caring for themselves lately and I don't like it. 

"What time is it?" I asked.

"2:30" I nodded. "Imma cook tonight for the girls. Nevaeh has cheer practice tonight"

"Yeah my mama gone pick them up from school and her practice" Keenan said. "Speaking of mama... I was at my mama house cause ya know K, Keisha, and I go over there at least once a week and Keisha mentioned that she was thinking about moving down south with Darrell. Have you talked to him lately?" Oh wow. I broke your heart that bad to the point where you have to move states. Maybe it aint about me tho..

"Nah. I honestly haven't talked to him since... I think the gender reveal" He really hasn't been my person of choice to communicate with which is probably bad to say but we needed the distance. 

"Dang ... well yeah he has been looking at jobs in the south and Keisha wants to move. She say she wants a new start ya know"

"Well, that is good for them honestly" I said. I mean if Darrell was thinking about moving away wouldn't he put bs aside and let me know. 

"I guess. I just don't want him to fuck up with my sister and she not have anyone to lean on for support down there"

"I understand" I said kinda trying to end the conversation. I don't wanna think about Keisha and Darrell leaving Michigan. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Whatever you want" Spaghetti it is. "I'm finna work out" he said getting off the bed and going in his drawers. 

"Alright" I said laying down.

"Imma just run around the neighborhood" he said causing me to nod. I closed my eyes. 

"I turned the baby monitor on" he said kissing my forehead. "I'll be back" 

____________

I know where this book is going finally !! LOL enjoy this nonedited chapter. 

VOTE & COMMENT ( ;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 9.1K 37
A 'Forget-Me-Not' Flower For An Amnesiac ~~~ Sequel to: I Can't Believe I Love The Depressed Girl ~~~ Krystina Hammons, finally awake after being adm...
533K 17.5K 20
Sequel To 'Me, My Step Brother & My Best Friend' The year when Seth and Aaron were graduating, Sebastian summoned his courage and told Dominique abou...
21.1K 402 28
Shawn and Maya are in full effect again baby , but this time with 2 new editions . But dont ever second guess the hoods Bonnie and Clyde. Shawns sti...
2.2M 55.9K 37
Copyright © 2012 Readinbooks2 "You always hear about the main chick in these types of situations. Everyone feels so bad for them, but who is anyone o...