FRIGHT SCHOOL BOOK 1 (COMPLET...

By kacquah

*Book 1 in the Fright School Series* *Wattys 2018 Longlist runner.* *2nd place at Willow Awards and 1st place... More

*COPYRIGHT*
WELCOME, PLEASE COMMENT & VOTE IF POSSIBLE.
PROLOGUE
B. PROLOGUE
•EPISODE 1/PILOT- THE SEARCH BEGINS!
B.THE SEARCH BEGINS!
C.THE SEARCH BEGINS!
•POV•
CHAPTER 2- THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
B.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
C.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
D.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE
•MUMMIES•
CHAPTER 3- DISRUPTING THE SALE
B.DISRUPTING THE SALE
C.DISRUPTING THE SALE
CHAPTER 4- RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
B.RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
C.RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
D.RELUCTANT VAMPIRE
CHAPTER 5-WHAT NOW?
B.WHAT NOW?
C.WHAT NOW?
END CREDITS
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
•EPISODE 2- A NEW LIFE
B.A NEW LIFE
C.A NEW LIFE
CHAPTER 2- TRUTH WILL OUT
B.TRUTH WILL OUT
C.TRUTH WILL OUT
D.TRUTH WILL OUT
CHAPTER 3-AMBUSHED!
B.AMBUSHED!
•THE SPELLS IN A GRIMOIRE•
C.AMBUSHED!
D.AMBUSHED!
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 3- RESOLVE
B.RESOLVE
C.RESOLVE
•THE FIRES OF MAGIC•
CHAPTER 2-WHY?
B.WHY?
C.WHY?
CHAPTER 3- FAMILY CODE
C.THE FAMILY CODE
CHAPTER 4-SPECIAL GIRL
B.SPECIAL GIRL
C. SPECIAL GIRL
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 4-TRUE COLORS
B.TRUE COLORS
C.TRUE COLORS
CHAPTER 2 - MEMORIES
B.MEMORIES
C.MEMORIES
D.MEMORIES
•THE 72 LAWS•
CHAPTER 3- THE GRIMM!
B.THE GRIMM!
C.THE GRIMM!
D.THE GRIMM
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
•EPISODE 5- PROPHECY
B.PROPHECY
C.PROPHECY
D.PROPHECY
CHAPTER 2 - NO MORE SUPRISES
B.NO MORE SUPRISES
C.NO MORE SUPRISES
D.NO MORE SUPRISES
•HAVENS•
CHAPTER 3- KEN
B.KEN
C.KEN
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 6- SILVERFOOT
B.SILVERFOOT
C.SILVERFOOT
CHAPTER 2- REVELATION
B.REVELATION
C.REVELATION
D.REVELATION
CHAPTER 3-MS. APPLE'S HAVEN
B.MS. APPLE'S HAVEN
C.MS. APPLE'S HAVEN
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 7- THE STRANGER
B.THE STRANGER
C.THE STRANGER
CHAPTER 2- EXILED!
B.EXILED!
C.EXILED!
•DWAYNE'S PLAYLIST•
CHAPTER 3-AFTER EFFECTS
B.AFTER EFFECTS
C.AFTER EFFECTS
D.AFTER EFFECTS
END CREDIT
~~~
•PREVIOUSLY ON FRIGHT SCHOOL•
EPISODE 8- LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD
B.LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD.
C.LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD
D.LEAVING THE CITY OF THE DEAD
CHAPTER 2-CLOSE CALL
B.CLOSE CALL
C.CLOSE CALL
D.CLOSE CALL
CHAPTER 3- RENDEZVOUS
B.RENDEZVOUS
•WHY DO DRAGON KNIGHTS SERVE WARLORDS?•
CHAPTER 4- MOONSVILLE FINALLY
B.MOONSVILLE FINALLY
C.MOONSVILLE FINALLY
EPILOGUE
•INFORMATION WE CAN SHARE SO FAR•
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM BOOK 2
SKETCHES
WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS?
LORDS OF THE KINGDOMS
COVERS
*AWARDS*
HOW FRIGHT SCHOOL CAME TO BE

B.THE FAMILY CODE

38 6 7
By kacquah

VINCENT: I opened the door with such speed that the motorcyclist braked hard as the rear went up in mid-air.

That's cool.

I took my step out the running road and with a deep exhale I ran at the same speed of the car's pace. Without hesitation, I ran towards the first biker that came at me fast.

We were both going at a speed of above 60km.

Time it well.

The attacker came at me with speed aiming to knock me down instantly. I increased my pace and jumped high.

With my earlier move, I head-locked the human and flew him off his bike. I also used my leg to lock his left arm making him drop his weapon.

For a brief second, I spotted the other cyclist look at me in fright, his widened eyes looked at me in disbelief.

The next thing both the man and I were rolling uncontrollably along the road. Pain grabbed a hold of my arms and knees but I was far better off than the human.

I had enough experience to know how to tuck and roll in this situation.

With a little effort I pulled at the man's arm hard, he screamed in agony but stopped as a deep bone-crunching sound followed.

His helmet rolled off before we finally halted, the man screamed in pain.

I breathed heavily and looked at the bloody blade, that move wasn't expertly done. I should've been able to break his arm without the knife.

If Father saw that move he'd be furious. All the time the man shouted in agony.

"Oh come on, you're lucky it's not your head" I hastily grabbed his other arm and removed his gloves.

He had the tattoo of three arrows interlaced. I had researched many cults and human groups but none like these symbols.

Who were these hunters?

"What's this? What tattoo is this?"

"Fuck you!"Came the reply.

I smiled and pressed his dislocated arm hard, as expected he yelled like a dog and suddenly blacked out.

I was genuinely shocked "You're kidding me right?"

Silence.

He was actually knocked out.

I stood up and looked at the passed out man before running ahead.

Go, Vince!

Running for a vampire was life, our accelerated ability to move at high speeds gave us an advantage over most magical beings.

Within seconds Boris speeding car and the pursuing cyclist came into view. I could hear shots, there was a lot of precious cargo in the car.

I increased my pace, swinging my arms more fluidly until everything around me was a fast blur.

The six cyclists kept shooting at the car but suddenly Boris turned hard left, very unexpected for the attackers and four were knocked to the floor.

They rolled out of view and just as one more of the attackers came up next to the driver seat Boris simply rolled down his window.

Within a second he was holding the attacker's neck and the bike crashed into a tree with no driver.

Show off!

I focused on the other cyclist on the other side and ran faster.

Another two seconds and I was running next to the last attacker, he looked at me and fired at me with one hand.

Quickly I avoided his aim but wasn't fast enough and I flinched as one bullet flew through
the side of my neck.

That hurt!

I grabbed hold of the machine gun as he fired continuously and with my leg, I kicked hard at the bike's rear tyre.

His bike left him in mid-air as he screamed.

Within another second I had him pinned to the road. He struggled violently, trying his best to hit my face "Yeah just don't" I grinned.

I removed his helmet and flung it away, "Hi I'm Vincent."

The man looked to be in his 40s, probably a veteran, his grey beard had blood stains on it.

I smirked, "This guy is 48 Boris, you were wrong by that much."

The man was shocked I knew his exact age but then began struggling even more.

Why do they always fight?

The man shouted, "Get off me you vampire freak!"

"Oh you shouldn't be rude sir"

I fetched his gun and noticed the caps of bullets he sprayed on us scattered beside it. Picking up the cap, I examined the marking on it.

The same emblem, three arrows crossing each other "What's this sign?"

"Like I'll tell you" he spat out.

"Judging by this and the tattoo on your fallen friend, I assume you are more than just regular hunters. A brotherhood perhaps, not all your men pursued even though I can smell them."

The man was startled I knew without his confession.

"I can only assume they stood by and watched which means they've studied our kind for years. Your group must've been established a long time ago, I've done research on all Hunter organizations but I've never seen a symbol like this."

I smelled the bullet cap and nodded, it had the potent smell most hunters had when hunting us.

The deadly plant.

"Vervain, quite deadly if a vampire were to be shot multiple times by this. Even you people know of this plant...impressive"

The man grunted as he fought against my rigid grasp "Meaning trying to get information out of you is probably useless. They'll abandon you without a thought in order to preserve their group."

He willed his body and arms to get up I was way stronger.

He then yelled, "Help, Help!"

I swiftly grabbed hold of his neck, "Where are the others?"

"Go to hell you blood-sucking monster!"

I smiled wolfishly, I loved it when they acted tough. My lips parted to reveal my canines as I looked eagerly at his neck, his pulsating vein.
His blood could be clearly heard, rushing like wind, beautiful nutrients.

Running, after all, was tiring, I'm sure just a taste would be okay and he hurt me too.

"You've watched vampire movies right?"

The human never stopped fighting as hard as he could but I countered every move from his legs or hands.

"You know what comes next right?"

"No!" He screamed fear plastered all over his face.

I inched closer till my teeth were scraping his neck, any further and I'd be in his neck.

"Report Collins, have you caught the vampire," a female voice said over static radio.

I looked to see a receiver strapped to his thighs "Come in Collins, has the boy been taken out."

"Help help!" He screamed as I took out the receiver.

"Hello this is the boy," I said to the receiver "I believe Collins is about to be killed, why don't you come to save him?"

I waited for a reply.

"You shall not be forgotten," the female voice said before the line went dead.

"Wait-what?" He whispered "No no no!"

I smiled sadly as he screamed, I couldn't help but feel pity for the human as he screamed in agonizing fear.

Nothing could be done about it, he willingly ventured into the lion's den. He must've known of the possibilities such as now.

"So sir" I smiled "shall we go on?"

I bared my fangs and bit hard at the man's throat.

So...good.

He shouted very hoarsely, his body shook as he fought to get me off.

More.

"Help, help, help, please help!"

I sucked and sucked, blood filled my mouth till they ran down my lips. He fought as hard as he could, hitting my body again and again till he could no longer.

More.

Slowly his body began to turn stiff and his fists were hitting me slowly.

"Vincent," Boris said behind me.

I spun around at him, blood smeared all over my mouth, blood trailed out of my chin.

"What?" I hissed.

"The family code, do not forget it."

I looked at the man as he shivered, holding his neck as he bled out.

"They attacked us."

"Yes, they're probably a group of humans who thought they could catch one of us but that doesn't justify our killing. That is not the Peville way."

"They were more organized, it's best if we have no loose ends."

Boris sighed as he walked towards the human whimpering "Go to the car, I'll take care of the rest."

I glared at him and he returned it "Vincent...go"

I licked my lips and looked at the mess of the man's neck before getting up and walking ahead.

I knew that Boris would do his best to close the wound, call for help and then wipe his memories. By looking at a vampire's eye, a human could have his mind erased or even controlled, a particularly powerful ability.

Only skilled vampires could accomplish a feat. Boris probably learned that from my father.

I already knew who the voice over the radio was, it was the woman who was stalking me with that guy. These people weren't random hunters, they were organized and even if I was stir-crazy for a while he couldn't deny that I was speaking the truth.

I found a white handkerchief in the car and cleaned my mouth all the while I was asking myself questions.

There were five more out there and it was obvious they retreated once they realized they we weren't ordinary vampires. These humans were skilled.

After almost an hour passed Boris finally rejoined in the car and sped off.

It was quiet for a while, no one uttered a word till I decided to break the ice "The man?"

"I called for help and he will also have no recollection of what happened."

"Good."

"You nearly killed him, you know that?"

"Boris I am not going to try and justify my actions, he's no different from a killer, we've had to kill in the past."

"This was different, that time wasn't yours and that was going against the code."

"And why should I care about some code, we are the only family living off blood bags and animals."

"This is about resolve young master"

"This is about tying loose ends, what'll happen if more like him show up?"

"Your father..."

"Don't even talk about him, he doesn't show up but wants us to obey his rules without question."

Boris didn't want to go over this conversation again, he was slowly beginning to realize I'd always harbor anger towards that man.

After a while of silence, Boris chuckled "We wasted time, should've known he'd do this"

What?

At that precise moment, Boris slowly stopped the car.

"Boris what are you...?" I began but immediately held my breath.

We weren't on the road but were in the forest, when did we drive that deep into the woods?

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

HOW DID THEY END UP IN THE FOREST?

WHAT IS THE MEANING BEHIND THE THREE ARROWS?

FEEL FREE, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 50.4K 41
WATTPAD FEATURED - 30/11/2017 WATTYS 2018 LONGLIST - 31/08/2018 WATTPAD WEREWOLF FEATURED - 05/09/2020 WATTPAD EXPLORER WEREWOLF WEEK - 26/10/2020 [W...
267K 10K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
2.3M 126K 36
I'd Like to think I was a good person, before it all began. I didn't cheat on tests, or steal. But throughout my entire life, I was treated if I wer...
604K 27.9K 53
Eighteen-year-old Sean Brooks comes from a long line of witches. But unfortunately, he doesn't have a spell that can help him with relationships. Whe...