My loveless marriage

By sandysandra92

#65 in onesidedd - 9/9/2018 #637 in chicklit - 30/5/2018 #595 in chicklit - 4/6/2018 #24 in onesidedlove - 17... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51 - (1)
Part 51 - (2)
Part 51 - (3)
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Author's note
Author's note
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Author's note
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76

Part 35

4K 194 180
By sandysandra92

***Naina's P. O. V***

After having looked at about a hundred memes about Avengers endgame, and the latest Game of Thrones episode, my Facebook newsfeed refreshed automatically, to show an article from the celebs gossip page.

As my eyes took in the caption and the photograph shown in the article, I clicked on the article to read it, while all the blood drained from my body and my eyes threatened to pop out of my skull.

Fuck! This couldn't be.... this couldn't happen.... him?!

Fuck!!!!

'Another wedding in town?!'  the title read, making me choke - what the hell!?

'Looks like the wedding season has suddenly taken over the glamour industry, with yet another eligible bachelor revealing his committed relationship status! 

With Abhimanyu Singhania now hitched in a very blissful married life, looks like his close friend too is taking the same path. One of the biggest wedding reception's in recent times was hosted last night at the Oberoi Hotel, for Abhimanyu Singhania and his wife Naina Singhania, uniting the tinsel town with the business world - Over a thousand guests from both the film industry and the business world were present yesterday as the newly wed Singhanias were introduced to the world as a couple. 

What caught our attention was the absence of Rohan Kapoor from the event, seeing how he is a close friend of Abhimanyu Singhania, while his alleged girlfriend Shruthi Arya was there to support her two close friends. Was things alright between the two business tycoons?!

While the newly wed couple glowed with happiness, Shruthi Arya was found in the company of Kunal Raichand - Naina Singhania's elder brother. 

But the most shocking and surprising wasn't witnessing a love-sick Abhimanyu Singhania! The most shocking incident from the wedding reception was Shruthi Arya's declaration that she was Kunal Raichand's girlfriend!!

Shruthi Arya {Naina Singhania's close friend}  was seen with Kunal Raichand last night as she declared herself his girlfriend, before the two of them rushed away to a secluded corner, getting handsy with one another and sharing a passionate kiss!!

Had Shruthi Arya dumped Rohan Kapoor for Kunal Raichand?! Was this why Rohan Kapoor skipped his close friend's wedding reception?!

But the very steamy kiss between Kunal Raichand and Shruthi Arya makes it quite sure that the two are in a very committed relationship.... and it sure looks like there's another wedding around the corner!! 

While we are still waiting for Rohan Kapoor's comment on the same, we do hope he recovers quickly from this heartbreak.'

After reading and re-reading the article about a dozen times, my gaze slowly slid to that picture of Kunal bhai and Shruthi at the base of the heading - the picture was surely taken yesterday!! Their clothes are from yesterday anyway!! My eyes yet again went wide in horror as I saw the picture - of how bhai and Shruthi were in a tight embrace, sharing what I'm assuming to be a very passionate kiss!! There was no mistaking bhai or Shruthi in the picture!!

When had this happened?!

As I yet again read the article and looked back at the picture, a sudden realization hit me - OH.MY.GOD!! WOULD DADAJI TOO READ THIS ARTICLE AND GET TO KNOW OF THIS?! WHAT WOULD HE DO TO BHAI?!

I sat bolt upright, horrified at the thought of the drama that would take place at home {Raichand mansion I mean}  when my family would see this picture or get to know of this news. As I recalled the drama that had unfurled after dadaji had found out about me and Anand, I quickly {and with a lot of difficulty} pushed Abhi away from me, before I got out of the bed, my phone in my hand.

I heard a loud grunt as Abhi rolled on the bed, now hugging my pillow tightly, before he resumed his soft snores - oh of course he's knocked out!! Who told him to chug a whole bottle of champagne anyway, specially when he knows so well how badly he handles alcohol!! And why did he get drunk anyway last night?! He was rather cheerful before we'd left for the reception!!

Offo Naina first concentrate on the task at hand, then get back to your own life and the pile of shit you've dumped on yourself!! - my mind reminded me.

Yes right... bhai and Shruthi!!

Pacing around the bedroom, I hastily dialed Kunal bhaiyya's number and put the phone to my ear, praying that he was up and would atleast pick-up my call. But as I knew in the depth of my heart, the call straight went to voice mail, making me mutter curses under my breath.

Biting my lip, I tried Shruthi's number, which too ended up with the same fate - voice mail!! 

Don't tell me the two of them spent the night together?! Oh God this is going to be so damn awkward for bhai!!

Much more awkward than your grandfather finding you and your boyfriend in a very compromising position?! - my mind asked me.

Well in all honesty, dadaji hadn't seen us in a compromising position!! He'd just seen me sitting on Anand's lap, kissing him.. that's all!!

"Come on somebody freaking answer the call!!" I yelled in frustration, as I tried the landline number from Kunal bhaiyya's penthouse - which too went unanswered, like his and Shruthi's mobile phones.

"Huh?!" Abhi's groan made me turn back and look at him, who was sat on the bed, his hair tousled, his eyes still half closed with sleep.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, walking towards the bed, fidgeting with my phone - well what else can I do now?! I can't rush to bhai's penthouse - what if he and Shruthi did spend the night together?! I don't want to interrupt them!!

But this is important too - my heart argued.

"I... okay... what happened?" Abhi asked in a groggy voice, now rubbing one eye with his hand and looking like a cute three-year old child.

"You got drunk yesterday... I thought you had vowed never to even touch alcohol in your life?!" I said icily as I took out the medicine kit from the bedside drawer and pulled out an aspirin for him.

"I know I got drunk... and I had never ever thought I'd ever fall in love, forget marrying!! But here I am, in a loveless marriage with you" he replied in the same icy tone as he took the pill from me, and the glass of water that I'd handed.

Feeling as though an ice had sliced my heart, I looked away from him - well he did have a point though!

"But who were you cursing?" Abhi asked, making me look up at him again.

"Oh shit I forgot!" I face-palmed myself before trying the three golden phone numbers again, to receive the same result though!!

What the actual hell?! Were they really together now?! Like everything just snapped right on track in a single night?! Oh I am very happy that my best friend has found love finally but c'mon!! At what cost?!

Hey at least my affair didn't come out in the open and was hushed up by my grandfather!! But Kunal bhaiyya and Shruthi's kiss has made the front page of a celebrity gossip magazine and newspaper!! This isn't good!!

"Naina... what happened?" Abhi asked again, and I finally shot my nervous glance to him, before handing him my phone, with the article on the screen.

With a confused expression on his face, Abhi took my phone and started reading the article, his sleep-filled eyes soon threatening to pop out of his skull as he continued to read the article.

"NO!!!!!" he cried loudly, before cringing and cursing under his breath, clutching his head.

"I shouldn't have had gotten this drunk!!" he whispered, raking his fingers through his already messed-up hair.

"Yes you shouldn't have" I pursed my lips, before taking the phone from him and trying bhai's number again.

"But seriously... what the fuck was that?! Shruthi and Kunal?!" Abhi asked, finally mirroring the shock I'd been feeling ever since I'd seen the article.

"I don't know!! None of them are answering their cell phones!! Oh it's so bad Abhi!!" I sighed, raking my own hair now as I tried their numbers yet again, and yet again got only the response of their voice mails.

"How is it bad?! I for one am glad that Kunal finally straightened things up!" Abhi shrugged, stifling a yawn.

"You don't know dadaji!! He's going to skin bhai alive for this!!" I sighed, throwing my phone away on the bed.

"What?! Why?! Is Mr. Hitler against his own grandson finding true love?" Abhi asked, cocking his eyebrow.

"Don't call him Hitler!!" I scowled at Abhi's nickname to my grandfather.

"Tyrant" Abhi rolled his eyes, yawning loudly.

"He's not!!" I said indignantly, glaring at Abhi.

"If not for that tyrant, I and you could have had spoken properly before our marriage and I wouldn't have had to stand here to get hurt! If not for your dear grandfather and his exceptionally narrow mind, even Kunal and Shruthi would not have had to suffer the heartache they've been suffering for so many years now!" Abhi hissed angrily, glaring back at me.

"Why are you hurt Abhi?! What happened?" I asked, looking at him in confusion.

"Never mind that!! Try Shruthi and Kunal's numbers again... if neither of them are answering they we better go and give them a head's up..." Abhi sighed, yawning one last time before he got up from the bed.

"Did Matt undo my shoes? Well next time do tell him to even undo my trousers..." Abhi pouted, looking down at his bare feet.

"It was me... not Matt... and I'll bear that in mind.. I just... you're very heavy Abhi!! It was difficult enough to get you out of your jacket!" I sighed, trying bhai's number yet again.

"What?! You?! Oh... um thanks!" Abhi mumbled and looked at me with a very curious expression on his face before he pursed his lips and rushed to the bathroom.

I sighed and tried bhai's number again, and Shruthi's and cursed under my breath when both went to voice mail. 

As I tried their numbers yet again, and again and again for God knows when times, I couldn't help curse them - what would happen now!? How would dadaji react?! If I know him well, Kunal bhaiyya would be getting married to some business man's daughter by the end of the month!!

"I'm done... you go freshen up... then we'll... search for them" Abhi's voice made me turn back to look at him, standing at the threshold of the bathroom, wiping his face and hair dry with the towel in his hand.

"Right!" I mumbled, before dashing to the bathroom, my mind flashing incidents from my own past - of how my family had reacted to Anand.

***Abhimanyu's P.O.V***

With my head pounding like as though Thor was pounding his hammer over my head, I gulped another glass of water before changing into a pair of blue washed jeans and black t-shirt. 

All the will to live my life had just vanished in the blink of an eye yesterday evening when Naina had uttered those words - that she could try but she won't ever love me. How could she be so sure as to never fall for me?!

Buckling my belt in place, I looked up at my reflection, almost smirking at my cocky arrogant old self - ah look what a heartbreak had done to me?! Till yesterday evening I looked like the handsome and sexy and desirable man I am, but now.... I fucking look like a cave-man who's like a hundred years old!!

Okay not literally a hundred years old.. .but you get my point!!

My eyes look so... red!! Oh wait a moment - that's my hangover!!

Right!! So I'd look better than this without this hangover right?! The thought made my old cocky arrogant self smirk at me - ah how I'll forever remain handsome and sexy for all the other women except for my wife?!

Sighing, I combed my hair in place before picking up my watch and sprayed my perfume before dashing back to the bedroom, still lost in thought.

Why does a heartbreak hurt so much?! What am I to do now then?! Do I try to woo Naina?! Or do I just... just be?! Just let everything go?!

She has a life and she has the right to live her life like she wants... sure her family didn't ask her opinion if she really wanted to marry me, but now that I know that she can never love me, can I keep her bound to me in this love-less marriage?!

There are many love-less marriages true, but can I force her to be in one?! Can I be with her, knowing that she would never be able to love me like how I love her?! Isn't it better to keep her away from my eyes rather than endure this pain everyday?!

Raking my hair in despair, I sighed as tears slowly made their way to my eyes - was this really kharma?! 

Kharma is a bitch and she serves everyone justly - was I getting served for the sins I had committed?! Was this how heartbroken Priya had felt whenever I'd insulted her advances?!

"Abhi?!" Naina's voice made me sniffle my sobs away as I heard her bangles clinking in the background and I knew she was making her way towards me.

Quickly wiping my tears away, I took a couple of deep breaths before turning around to look at her, but sighed as all the wind in my lungs got knocked out of me for the nth time since I've known this woman!

Dressed in a red full-sleeved blouse and beige saree, Naina stood there, looking rather confused. Her long hair was flowing freely around her, while her kohl-adorned eyes looked me from head to toe, before meeting my eyes, a cute pout adorning her red and exceptionally beautiful lips.

Golden zari and beads were woven on her blouse that sat complimenting the beige chiffon and lace saree with red beads strewn all over it, the overall effect making her seem like she was glowing - or was she really glowing?!

With a neat red bindi sitting between her perfect eyebrows and her long eyelashes fluttering everytime she blinked her eyes, and the beautiful diamond jhumkas dangling from her ears dancing everytime she moved a little, I felt so damn sure that no matter what, I'd never be able to let go off of this woman from my life!!

As she licked her lips and shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, I couldn't help smile at the vermilion glittering in her hair partition, and the mangalsutra around her neck - so what if she didn't love me? She did choose to marry me and said herself that she would at least be here as my friend.

Maybe for now, I could do with being that - just her friend?! Being friendzoned is much better than having to let go off of her and drink myself to death?! Or worse, seeing her in somebody else's arms!!

I gulped and looked into her eyes, to find amusement etched all over her face, her eyes gleaming with an unknown emotion. As my eyes moved to her lips to find her biting her lip as though stopping herself from laughing, all the blood rushed to my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Saree?" I asked, unable to stop myself, whilst trying hard not to blush and move as quickly as possible out of this embarrassing situation.

"Uh yeah... today.. it's pag-phera... you're supposed to drop me at my parents place and then pick me up in the evening" she mumbled, smiling at me and thankfully not teasing me!

"But isn't Kunal supposed to come and pick us up?!" I asked, thankful for this conversation for breaking the tension in the air.

"Yes but now that we don't know where he is or what he's doing or which state he is in, we have to find out where he is and then go with him" she shrugged.

"We may not know where he is, but we do know what he's doing... or more like who he's doing - Shruthi of course!!" I sniggered, before meeting Naina's angry gaze and her scowl, turning my snickers into cough. 

"Uh let's... uh go" I mumbled, looking away from her hurriedly and rushing out of the room, with the last comforting thought that made me smile - hey at least she doesn't believe in love!! It's not like she's still in love with someone else and is with me because she doesn't have a choice!!

*****

"So uh where do we go to?! I don't know the address of Kunal's penthouse..." I trailed off 15 minutes later, driving my BMW out of our mansion gate and into the early morning empty road.

"It's just above his office" Naina shrugged, typing away on her phone.

"And I'm just texting mummy-ji, saying we're going out on a long drive before going to my parents' house for pag-phera" she added, as though reading my mind.

"Oh.. okay" I pursed my lips, driving towards Kunal's office.

The drive to Kunal's office was silent, as Naina chose to look out of the window, while I kept shooting furtive glances towards her. The chiming of her anklets whenever she moved her legs, or the sweet clinking of her bangles whenever she moved her hands being the only source of sound inside the car, I sighed, wondering how and why the feisty Naina I'd fallen for had suddenly turned into this silent spectator?!

But ten minutes later as I parked at the RGI's office basement, we both silently got out of the car, making our way to the elevator, with Naina typing in the password to Kunal's penthouse for the elevator to take us there. And another couple of minutes' of silent elevator ride later, we both stood there in a modern and spacious lounge, with roof-high windows forming the walls on opposite side of the loft, and a modular kitchen at one end.

The lounge was deserted, and though a beautiful chandelier hung at the middle of the room, the early morning sun peaking from in-between the cloudy sky formed the only source of light to the room right now, getting reflected on the pristine white marble floor. 

Elegant leather sofas in beige, white and grey stood at the other end of the room, with a beautiful glass coffee table at their center, all the sofas facing a large TV mounted on the wall opposite them.

"Is he here?" I whispered to Naina, walking into the loft, my footsteps echoing in the background rather loudly in the quite space!

"Not sure..." she whispered, which too echoed in the large room as she pulled out her phone, to probably dial his number again.

As I stood right in-front of the window, I looked down at the city, and smiled at the glorious morning that had just begun with the rising sun.

A sudden buzzing broke the silence, before it got louder and louder, only to be broken by Naina's gleeful voice saying "Yes he's here!"

As I turned to look around, I saw her walking towards the sofas, the buzzing still breaking the peaceful silence.

And as she pulled out a phone from the sofa and turn gleefully towards me, I frowned - if his phone was here and buzzing away so loudly, how come he couldn't hear it?!

But even before I'd opened my mouth to voice my doubt, Naina had cut the call and put his phone back on the coffee table and rushed away towards the hallway, leading to a bedroom. Frowning, I followed her - surely if not for anything ,at least our echoing footsteps must wake Kunal up!! Was he such a deep sleeper?!

All my questions were answered as we reached the only bedroom in the place, which was empty! The bathroom door was open too, and empty by the looks of it.

"Arre?! Where's he gone to, leaving his phone here?!" Naina voiced out my concern, looking around the room.

"Let's try Shruthi's place" I said, which was the only possible solution now, and a couple of minutes later, we were back in the car, a slightly thicker tension in the air.

Drumming my fingers on the steering-wheel nervously, I drove on, biting my lip nervously - where else could Kunal be?! He should be at Shruthi's place... hopefully!!

Another ten minutes later, we rushed up the stairs to Shruthi's apartment, only to find a disheveled-looking Kunal sitting right outside of Shruthi's apartment - next to her main door, dozing off against the wall behind him.

"And I thought... he was having a nice time with her!" I rolled my eyes, though relieved to having finally located Kunal!!

"Bhai!!" Naina exclaimed half anxiously and half in relief as she knelt on the floor beside him and patted his cheeks.

"Huh?!" Kunal fluttered his eyes open and lifted his face to Naina, blinking his eyes rapidly, whilst I knocked on Shruthi's door.

"Naina?!" Kunal spoke in a groggy voice, making me look down at him. I cringed seeing the tear stains on his face - I seriously had thought that things would have been resolved now, seeing how they'd made the front page with that kiss!!

"Bhai what happened?!" Naina asked anxiously, cupping Kunal's face and wiping the tears leaking from the corners of his eyes.

Kunal had barely opened his mouth to speak, when Shruthi's main door opened, revealing the tall, burly and handsome friend of mine - Rohan, dressed in a pair of sweats and grey t-shirt. He couldn't come to my wedding and hadn't even attended the wedding reception last night but he was here with Shruthi?!

"Rohan?" I looked at him in confusion, as Rohan stood there in front of me, looking at me with the same confusion etched on his face.

A loud spluttering and chocking noise made me look down to find Naina looking up at us in horror, whilst Kunal just sat there, his face buried in his hands.

"Uh.. Naina?! Wait is that Kunal?" Rohan asked, now kneeling down and looking at the sobbing Kunal.

"Yes... yes... what's going on?" I clutched my throbbing head and looked around, hoping to see Shruthi - well now only she could clear all this confusion.

"Uh.. come in... come in.." Rohan trailed off. Pulling Kunal to his feet, Rohan and I supported him into the house, and onto the living room sofa, before Naina closed the main door behind her and walked toward us, whilst Rohan looked at Kunal with utmost dislike.

"There's a washroom there... he can freshen up.." Rohan trailed off coolly, indicating the closed door at the end of the room.

"Shruthi?" I asked, looking around for my other friend.

"She's... in her room..." Rohan trailed off, indicating the open bedroom.

Pursing my lips, I looked at Naina, whose face had gone blank and was now paper white, as she looked from her brother, to Rohan, to the bedroom door.

"Bhai go freshen up" Naina ordered Kunal, who sighed and wiped his face before moving to the bathroom, not once looking around.

"I'll... go whip up some coffee" Rohan trailed off, shooting a glance to Naina, before he made his way to the kitchen.

"You go talk to Shruthi" Naina finally whispered, sitting down on the living room sofa, looking very somber.

"Are you alright?" I asked, sitting next to her and holding her hand in mine.

"You... first talk to Shruthi" she whispered, looking into oblivion.

"But..." I trailed off, looking into her glassy eyes and chalk-white face.

"You go" she whispered, making her way to the kitchen.

Sighing, I made my way to the bedroom - like I had any other choice?!

To be continued...

A/n - Okay the next chapter is here... it was a real headache to write this chapter honestly!! So many elements had to be kept in mind and well.. here you go!

So Rohan and Naina having a face-to-face... let's see how that goes now! And Kunal and Shruthi... ah I wanted to write more about them and what had happened, but well the chapter is already like 4k words.... didn't have it in me to extend the chapter anymore... Abhi has long stolen my heart but this heartbroken Abhi... as much as I love writing Abhi, I hate writing this sad and heartbroken wala Abhi!!

Good news is that the next chapter will be updated on Tuesday or max Wednesday - again, hopefully!!

Ah well, let me know what you think of this chapter... hope you liked it! [really I do enjoy reading your comments about the story! ] 

And one last thing - THE FICTION AWARDS FOR 2019. If you like this book, then please do vote for it! I have attached the link for the same here... to vote, please type in the title of the book and tag me (aka your author) for the right category - Romance. 

And finally - Since it's easier this way, I've added my Twitter handle here so you can follow me to get my story updates and it's just easier to stay in touch that way!! I'm having trouble with Wattpad messaging and even notifications now... Anyway so I'll be informing my story updates via Twitter now.. so to get the updates just follow me on Twitter (check my bio for the link)

And for those of you not on Twitter - sandy92_msr is my Instagram handle... I'll upload the story status in there too.

That's it for today!

Love

-M <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
1M 40.4K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...
15.4K 2.4K 41
Unedited! Wherein one is deeply in love while the other has vowed to never fall in love again. **************************************** Arjun Raicha...
37.7K 1.6K 30
Sona is scared. No one has ever given her a reason not to be, not that she has ever let anyone in for that. Sona has always carefully planned out her...