Questionable | Clem x Louis F...

By enablingelise

Louis always thought he knew what he wanted in life. He had always been the member of the group to be single... More

1 - Their Pasts
2 - Journey Time
3 - Unfamiliar Faces
4 - Lunchtime Madness
5 - Infatuation
6 - Bonding
7 - Many Thanks
8 - Comfort
9 - Pizza Bonding
10 - Coming Out
11 - Party Plans
12 - Card Games Around Campfires
14 - People From Her Past
15 - Think It Through
16 - Confessions In The Park
17 - Family Trouble
18 - First Dates
19 - Finally Official
20 - Back To Reality
21 - Piano Room
22 - BBQ on The Beach
23 - Home Sweet Home
24 - Beginning Of The Downfall
25 - The Calm
26 - The Storm
27 - Face The Truth
28 - No More Hiding
29 - Date Night In Hospital
30 - The Breakdown
31 - Exam Season
32 - Prepare for Prom
33 - The Night of Prom
34 - That Special Night
35 - Graduation
BOOK 2 OUT NOW
Author Q&A
BONUS: National Love Day

13 - The Morning Admissions

1K 59 98
By enablingelise

Thank you to everyone that has read, voted and commented on my story. Your support makes me motivated to carry on writing, and give frequent updates🙏🏻

Clementine

The sun slowly seeped through the partially open curtains, landing onto the bed and her face. The sudden light caused her to be come more aware of her surroundings - more than last night.
The entire room was made up of neutral coloured furniture, to compliment the dark shaded walls. There are two doors - the exit and en-suite bathroom, a simple dresser and a large full length on the opposite wall.
There was a a double bed with simple bedding on, which Clem is still sat on. Cozy.

The realisation of waking up in a random room suddenly makes it to Clementine's head. Panic stricken, she reaches for her phone off the nightstand and checks for her recent messages and the time. No unread messages. 10:07 am.

The morning after the campfire party, that was held at Marlon's house.
Connecting the simple dots, she realised she was in Marlon's house as she doesn't remember leaving. It would also explain why she's still in her outfit, from the previous night.

Hopping off the bed, Clem strolls over the door before swiftly exiting onto the landing area. The house was quiet, so she assumed everyone had left or was still asleep.
Heading down the stairs and into the kitchen, there stood the mullet boy. Marlon was leaning over the stove, with the smell of bacon filling the room. He was also sipping on a glass full of water - hangover cure.

"Finally awake then, orange" Marlon spoke, feeling the girls presence behind him.

"Clementine's are different to oranges, rat boy." She snapped back, smirking at the creative insult.

"Ouch, orange, I'm hurt." Was the only reply he could come up with. Rat boy.

Clementine had placed herself on the barstool next to the island, that was perfectly positioned in the middle of the room. The bar stool was a gunpowder metal with black detailing.

The bacon that Marlon was cooking, from when she first arrived in the kitchen, had now begun to make crackling noises from the pan.
The older teen went back over to the pan and began dishing the food up onto plates, creating a couple of bacon sandwiches for breakfast. Several plates laid out must mean there are other people around, in the house.

Once finished, he slid a plate and a small mug of coffee to Clem. A bacon sandwich and coffee sat in front of her on the island. Heavenly breakfast.

Digging into the heaven on a plate before her, Clem didn't notice the third person now in the kitchen. Feeling a pair of eyes on her, she glanced up to see Louis. Noticing he got caught looking at her, he quickly turns so his back is to her, whilst gathering himself.

After gaining a spike of confidence, he turns back to her and speaks up first. "Did you enjoy yourself last night? That minibar definitely did." He asked with a slight smile on his face.

Understanding the reference, she broke the awkward pause by replying, "Yep. It was a nice first party experience."

"Your first party? Wow, I'm shocked" he says whilst dramatically placing his hands on his cheeks, and creating an 'O' shape with his lips.

In response, she just glared whilst shoving a piece of bacon into her mouth. Louis smirks to himself, thinking of an innuendo, suggestively wiggling his eyebrows to her. Suddenly understanding, Clem chokes on the food that she has just swallowed.

After she gathered herself and took a sip of her coffee, Louis made his way over to the stool that was across from her own.
Before speaking, he took a deep breathe and finally said "Before you fell asleep, I came into your room and you, uh- said some things?" Sounded more like a question than a statement.
Clementine nods, silently signalling for him to continue.

"Well, you said some things, about your feelings." He said, looking uncomfortable. Wanting him to continue, Clem spoke up by saying "Whatever I said, just tell me." That came across harsher than needed to be.

"You said that you were scared to get into another relationship because of what happened to, HIM." Clem knew who Louis was referring to. Gabe, her crush that died in a car accident before they got to go on a second date.

He took the silence as a means to continue. "You also said that you know I didn't mean to hurt you, uh- when I asked that question about previous boyfriends."

Clementine had heard enough to know where the conversation was going. "You didn't mean to hurt me by asking that question. You couldn't have known."

Letting out a breathe he didn't realise he was holding, he says "I am sorry though. It wasn't the time or place to ask about your relationship status." Clem giggles from his sudden formal wording, making him pull a confused look.

Clarifying it she says to Louis, "You just randomly went formal, which is the opposite of you. You know?"
Louis just nodded, hoping that she would carry on the conversation and explain.

Sighing sadly, she knew he deserved an explanation. Maybe she didn't owe him one but she felt like it.
"I don't want to get into another relationship because I'm scared. People that I love die, and sometimes it's for stupid reasons. I hate that it's my fault." Finishing the sentence, she didn't realise the tears that were threatening her eyes and the crack in her broken voice.

Smiling a sad smile, Clementine makes direct eye contact with Louis - and holds it before making her final admission. "But that changed when I met you, Louis." She finally admitted her feelings, and saying them out loud makes the situation a little more real.

Louis

Before Louis had time to even process what the girl in front of him just admitted, Violet casually strolled into the kitchen - heading for the food. "Hey guys, got a hangover yet?" She questions whilst lazily leaning on the wall of the kitchen.
Bad timing Vi.

Clementine had collected herself in record timing, as there was no evidence of threatening tears or shaky speech. "Not quite Vi. But I can feel my brain pulsating in my skull."

"Thanks for that graphic description Clem. But that's called a hangover." Violet announced whilst tossing her now dirty plate into the sink. The bacon sandwich from the plate was now fully demolished by her mouth.

"What happened last night after I started doing shots with Marlon? I uh- can't really remember anything after that." Clem admits, whilst awkwardly scratching the back of her neck.

Louis speaks up for the first time since Vi joined, "You got a bit drunk so Vi took you upstairs to lay down. We couldn't take you home because I didn't think you would want Lee seeing you like that. No one wanted you hurt either, I mean, you were more intoxicated than most of us."

The dreaded boy finishes his mini story with, "You wanted me to stay for a bit and told me that stuff. After I left Vi joined you and then you fell asleep."
Violet added to the conversation by sarcastically saying, "And they lived happily ever after!" And dramatically threw her arms into the air.

Clem laughed at Violet's random comment that was added at the end. "I think I should be heading home. My parents and AJ will be wondering where I am by now."

Hopping off the barstool, she headed for the front door. Turning around to the three teens behind her she announced her leave, "Thanks for looking after me last night, you didn't have to do that."

Louis nods, Violet shrugs and Marlon replied "It's the least we could do as your friends." Thoughtfully.

Clem opened the door and stepped out onto the street - now covered with sunlight. Turning back around to close the door behind her, she gives everyone one last nod then closed the door behind her, before making her way down the quiet street.

Seeing the brunette with the baseball cap leave, Louis knew she took his heart with her.

Authors note
Vote and comment if you enjoyed❤️
THANK YOU FOR 1k reads!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 61 9
Expect the unexpected ika nga. Will this marriage work even if it is arranged?
1.9K 186 29
Three Clans. One rules the lush, verdant forests, the pristine waters, the diverse flora and fauna, and the torrential rains; One rules the dry, spra...
5K 80 26
If you love DamiRae, then you've come to the right place! Here is a collection of DamiRae oneshots that will make your heart flutter and your eyes li...
21.7K 366 51
Harry Potter One Shots. Requests are OPEN. So far: Ron Weasley 5 Harry Potter 5 Draco Malfoy 5 George Weasley 4 Fred Weasley 4 Blaise Zabini 1 Cedric...