Astral Journey: It's Complica...

By Beta_Mat_86

Note: Set in an AU ( or Elsewhere FIC) world. Set in 1998. (I was trying to where the best looks I can think... More

What Does The Cast Look-Liked
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32

Part 9

116 0 0
By Beta_Mat_86

During the night, it happened again. I was still demanding to know why does every time when I have an astral mode, I keep having black-out or seizures. They were having an effect on my health, slowing process. This astral time, I went to see how Melanie was doing, and what I saw just left me dumbfounded. They actually had her strapped into the bed and noticed a wheelchair with similar devices. Now, I have seen a dental chair like that, but I couldn't believe until I looked. She was clearly a feeding from that tube being placed, only one of the few times they take action. However, I noticed she too was hooked to EEG herself, and it reporting some strange activity. It almost liked like the activities I was dealing, especially whenever I was having an OBE. I stepped back for a second and bumped into Melanie's astral, which scared me.

"What the fuck!" I screamed.

"It's all right, I was demanding that as well." Melanie said.

"I can understand in my case, but I at least..." I said.

"I know. I don't get. This can't be right. I didn't do anything to deserve this.." Melanie said.

We found a spot to sit down.

"Look, I'm still trying to understand my newfound abilities. You need to..." I said.

"They kept forcing a lot this bullshit onto me as they could..." Melanie said.

"I haven't seen this kind of manoeuvrer before when comes eating disorders, but this is a first." I said.

"What are they doing this to me?" Melanie asks.

"I'm not sure. It could be a way of trying to force something out of you." I said.

"I was already tricked into saying I had some kind of problem just to tell them to leave me alone. It wasn't enough to them, getting more aggressive. They didn't do this to Victoria, but why me." Melanie said.

"It's not unheard for anyone sent to eating disorder units to be forced into treatment. Has anyone got a hold of a family member?" I had to ask.

"My step-dad and mum had been around. They were very stern with me over how I looked. I told them I was in a cycling accident, but they got the paperwork wrong. I could tell they weren't buying. My step-dad asking about the tube told him about my neck." Melanie said.

"With that nasty fell, who can blame him... with all due respects." I said.

"I understand what you mean." Melanie said.

"It could be a way to final convincing you to get your health back on track." A voice was said.

We looked around to see who it was. It was Nick.

"If they'll going this far, it wouldn't be the first strange tactic that anyone has tried to convince others to seek help." Nick said.

"I'm don't think I wanna know." Melanie said.

"You be surprised" I said.

"Say, didn't Geri had to stay for awhile and kept getting caught for seeking out?" Melanie asks.

"They knew it was just to visit. They were able to track down a next of kin when it was clear to let her leave since there wasn't much at home." Nick said.

"This I had just gotta see." I said.

"What? What about our bodies?" Melanie asks.

"Don't worry, I have a way to get around that." Nick said.

All of us were presented a portal, which can enter into the dreams of others though it reminded us of the holodeck from Star Trek.

"I'm just a tech nerd." Nick joked.

All of us just entered in, we were able to locate Geri back at home.

"Things hasn't changed much, I wouldn't blame Geri if she had to use my room for a guest." I said.

"For a reason, her sister, Natalie, didn't want to sleep overnights there." Nick said.

"Where did she slept?" Melanie asks.

"She mostly slept on the lounge." Nick said.

A loud was heard.

"What was that?" Melanie asks.

We all had just stood there, hoping Geri or Nathalie doesn't see us.

"Do you think they'll see us?" Melanie asks.

"I doubt it unless we enter their dreams." Nick explained.

"Is that how it works?" Melanie asks.

"It's was how we got to Victoria, so it would likely get to Geri but only if she's sleeping." I said.

We looked around the room to find the source of the loud, and Melanie find it. It was just my black oriental shorthair cat, Grover.

"He scared us." I said.

"I forgot you had a cat." Melanie said.

"We had a mouse problem, and Geri knew poison wasn't going to work." I explained.

"I know about the poor little guy. You ladies found him when you did." Nick said.

"Where did you got him?" Melanie asks.

"Geri did. She heard some strange noises and alerted the police." I said.

"That move saved the little guy and his siblings." Nick said.

Grover just looked around to find out who was in the room, seeing our astral forms.

"Does he know how..." Melanie said.

"Cats have a special bond with their owners, and they can detect forms that humans couldn't." Nick said.

Grover came towards us, purring all the ways. It had been a long time since he saw me.

"It's okay, I'll be home soon." I said.

Suddenly, we heard Geri coming in, with her sister, Natalie.

"We had to make sure we can find a way to bring Grover to see her. He hasn't seen her for a long time." Nathalie said.

"I know. Grover has been looking around all over the flat looking for her." Geri said.

"Say, did they say anything about the other two lasses gone mad." Natalie said.

"Victoria had requested an extended stay, but Melanie got sectioned." Geri said.

"For how long?" Natalie asks.

"It was going to be about a month, but by the looks of things... it'll be later under section 3. I had to ask if I was put on section due to my health." Geri said.

"Well, you did show signs of nutritional issues." Natalie said.

"I had to have rally pack for awhile." Geri said.

Geri hopped to her bed, where Grover was sitting.

"Grover... what's with your cat?" Nathalie asks.

"He misses Emma, really bad. He has been sleeping on her bed since the pitch accident. While at the A&E, I just pretty much broke down upon hearing that long bleep. I just felt that I led her to her death. I'm glad they were able to bring her back. Grover likely knew something was wrong." Geri said.

"Had anybody came by to care for him?" Natalie asks.

"I had to get Celine to come by to make sure he was cared for. According to Celine, he just looked at her with a long glaze. Celine was nervous for a while, but she was able to tell what was up." Geri said.

"Say, has anything strange things happened since you got back?" Natalie asks.

"Well, I did have this weird dream if you can it that as it was more like nightmare." Geri said.

As Geri has begun to explain, we somehow found ourselves in that dream.

"What's going on?" Melanie asks.

"I think we gotta view on what Geri was seeing." Nick said.

"I'm leading toward nightmare as we're in a funeral home." I said.

We looked around. It was clearly at a funeral home.

"Geri is still guilt-tripping, is she?" Melanie asks.

"I would be in that coffin if she was still thinking of that." I said.

All of us went into the room, where the coffins were.

"Say, why is there two?" Melanie asks.

"Well, she could be right about the guilt-trip, but there has to be a reason for the second one." Nick said.

We soon noticed a group of people in the room, including Victoria, still in a wheelchair, and Mel as well. They were all wearing black suits, except for us. Nick was still wearing his standard cardinal robes, Melanie was still wearing her tracksuit, while I still had my football kit.

"What's going on?" Melanie asks.

"I'm not sure." I said.

It soon became clear on what was going on, Geri was reliving that dream. Geri had dreamt about our funerals... to Melanie... my funeral at least. It's not the first time anyone had thought about it after all my injuries were pretty bad... I was pretty dead for awhile. There's no getting around that! Still, I'm pretty sure having two coffins seems rather strange. I mean, Geri and Brandy survived the accident, but it was still unusual. We found a spot to watch the situation. My body was shown, which it's wasn't weird and had a eulogy. Then, it faded to whoever in that second coffin, which we were all nervous about. However, we all took a deep breath and were about to open when found ourselves back in Geri's room.

"Don't tell me." Natalie said.

"I found myself at my own funeral, along with hers." Geri said, referencing to me.

"After seeing her body crushed" Natalie said.

"Yes" Geri tearfully said.

Melanie was confused about wanting to breathe a sigh of relief or worried.

"It was hers, not..." Melanie said.

"I wouldn't push your luck." I quickly added.

"What does that mean?" Melanie asks.

"That's no telling we kind of extreme measures they'll resort to in order to give you a wake-up call." Nick said.

Melanie was very confused about what that was supposed to mean, but she was having a hard time to regain her body for some reason. We went over to where her mum and were living and noticed he seems to be absent. They had gotten fax, telling them to come to the hospital for some help with Melanie. We weren't sure about what was going on. What kind of treatment were they talking about? We had to return to the hospital. I was starting to wait up, returning to my body with Melanie's astral and Nick by my side. I was very weak, but even I couldn't understand what was happening.

"I'm not sure what's happening. How come I can't be returned to my body?" Melanie asks.

"This is very weird. I never encounter something like this." Nick said.

"Is there a way for any of us to go check it out?" Melanie asks.

None of us was sure about what was going on, even I tried to watch what was happening. Mel, Brandy, and Jewel had arrived to see how I was doing.

"Am I seeing this?" Jewel asks.

"Seeing, what?" Mel asks.

"What is Melanie and St. Nick doing here?" Jewel asks.

I was just dumbfounded, as I was the only one who can see their astral forms.

"I don't see them." Mel said.

"It's all right, Mel. There has been increasing cases of ESP activity as far as I'm trying to figure out." Brandy said.

I was just looking at them.

"Sorry, I didn't come by. I was seeking some help from what I thought I was going crazy." Jewel said.

I wanted to tell it was all right, thinking about doing the same.

"Say, does anyone know why Melanie isn't in her room? I went over to check to see how she was doing, but she was gone." Mel said.

"I wanted to know about that, too." Brandy said.

"Yeah, where did they took my body?" Melanie finally asked.

"I'll go look for it." Nick said.

"Thanks, Father Christmas" Melanie said, as Nick left.

I knew she was going to say that.

"Never mind... I heard you're finally feeling a lot better." Mel said.

"Well, those men kept coming around." I said.

"I know, there are a lot of them for some reason." Brandy said.

"Still, doesn't a small group of people going around." Mel said.

"I wish I could check out what's going on..." I said.

"I know. If each time you use your astral form, your body goes into shock or something." Jewel said.

I was quite dumbfounded when she brought that one up. I hardly talked about it,

"What are you talking about?" Mel said, finally intervening.

"Well, something has been going for the past few weeks, ever since the pitch accident." Jewel said.

"Don't tell me, you've been finding yourself dream of travelling?" Brandy asks.

"Wait... WHAT!" I barked.

I almost messed up.

"Dream walking... you mean, like somehow answering the dreams of others, like Alanis and Celine found themselves doing." Jewel said.

I just looked at Mel, who was just as flabbergasted.

"Yeah... pretty much." Brandy said.

None of us could answer the question, what was going on? I mean, what was happening to all of us basically. How did we all have this knowledge that all of us were suddenly given? Then, I started to bring up Geri was experiencing the night before, bringing up our funerals. I was trying to put the pieces together on what was going with Melanie's body, for the time being. I could tell that it had to be serious but still wasn't sure. The injuries Melanie got weren't fatal, not by a long shot as far I knew. My injuries almost cost me my life, but hers... what is going on. After some time, Melanie was finally able to return to her body, which proved my theory. We asked if we can see Melanie before she's returned to her room. We were told it was all right but were advised about the drugs she was given during that time period, which the effects were weakening. All of us went to go see how Melanie was doing, which we had to meet up a private waiting room. Yes, she was still locked-up, this time in a trolley, which was leveled.

"You're all right. I had no idea that they resorted to this." Jewel said.

"Come on, my injuries aren't even that bad." Melanie said, referencing to all of the restraints.

"Yeah, it looks like you're being wheeled into the gas chambers." Brandy said.

"Still, I can understand..., but me!" Melanie demanded.

"I know. I'm still stumped about being in a funeral home." I said.

"Same here... I thought you were in the second casket." Brandy said.

"WHAT?" Both Melanie and I asks.

We just looked at each other, then at Brandy.

"Say, how did you know?" Jewel asks.

"I keep having a reoccurring dream about at a funeral." Brandy said.

"I keep having one, too." Jewel said.

"What were you all dreaming of your own funerals?" Mel asks.

"Seems like it." Brandy said.

"I'm not an expert, but I have a gut feeling about this. I recently had a dream of attending a funeral. I'm not quite whose though." Mel said.

"I'm not sure what's up. We found ourselves in a funeral, with Victoria still in a wheelchair." Melanie said.

"She's still in on one?" Jewel asks.

"Yeah, she's still but starting to walk around for a short period of time." Mel said.

"Why can they let me walk when I still could?" Melanie asks.

Here comes the middle name, it's not going to be good!

"Look, I didn't want to see it in front of you, but you really have a problem, MELANIE JAYNE! We can see your ribs, even without x-ray version." Mel said.

"What? What did I do? My parents often drop that when I knew something bad I done." Melanie said.

I ended up paying for that laugh with sharp pain.

"Hey, she's hurt!" Melanie said, pointing at me.

"It's all right! I deserved that... gotta admit, that is pretty funny." I said.

"Look, all I was worried about is... is..." Melanie said.

Melanie started to break down right in front of us. I wasn't sure what was going on despite understanding that even she thought Mel's remark had a point. I guess seeing me in a lot of pain likely was starting to get to her since it had been a long time... well to be fair, hardly ever. We were still at a lost on what was happening to Melanie while my own health had to be taken into consideration. I soon thought about the funerals we saw in Geri's dream. It was something I still kept thinking about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 179 22
**THE ORIGINAL EMMALINE - BUT WATTPAD TOOK IT DOWN AND REMOVED MY ACCOUNT ** Emmaline Black is no stranger to abuse, or to torture of any kind from h...
150K 6.5K 54
(I DO NOT OWN THE IMAGES) (NOT PROOFREAD YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED) Emma had woken up from 9 years of her coma. The doctors said it was a miracle, but eve...
4.3K 252 45
*This is the third and final installment of a trilogy* Seventh year has started and all of you are now studying hard for your N.E.W.T.s. Between jugg...
73.9K 4K 10
[yandere hazbin hotel various x gn. reader] "๐’Š'๐’Ž ๐’„๐’‰๐’๐’Œ๐’Š๐’' ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’•๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’Š ๐’„๐’‚๐’'๐’• ๐’‰๐’†๐’๐’‘ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’”๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐’–๐’‘ ๏ฟฝ...