Wounds [Bellamy Blake]

By UnderMySkin

Avarice Dasheill has committed a crime that in some eyes would be seen as acceptable, even rewarded, but on t... More

Content Warning
Earth [Chapter 1]
Reminders [Chapter 2]
Rain [Chapter 3]
Disputes [Chapter 4]
Legend [Chapter 5]
Secret [Chapter 6]
Tales to Tell [Chapter 7]
Hunting [Chapter 8]
Trust [Chapter 9]
Hurt Me [Chapter 10]
Harm Done [Chapter 11]
Trust In Me [Chapter 12]
Judge, Jury, Executioner [Chapter 13]
Chaos [Chapter 14]
You'll Never Be Mine [Chapter 15]
Ignorance Is Bliss [Chapter 16]
Boundaries [Chapter 17]
You and Me [Chapter 18]
Light 'Em Up [Chapter 19]
Search Party [Chapter 20]
Welcome To Earth [Chapter 21]
Come Back For Me [Chapter 22]
Sibling Feuds [Chapter 23]
Stay [Chapter 24]
Nightmare [Chapter 25]
Grounder [Chapter 26]
Promises [Chapter 27]
Crime Pays [Chapter 28]
Dead To Me [Chapter 29]
Kill Bellamy Blake [Chapter 30]
Slip Up [Chapter 31]
I'm Your Tonight [Chapter 32]
Become One [Chapter 33]
Fade Into Oblivion [Chapter 34]
New Threats [Chapter 35]
Anya [Chapter 36]
Two Worlds [Chapter 37]
Fun and Games [Chapter 38]
Hold On To Hope [Chapter 39]
Parlay [Chapter 40]
Bloody and Bruised [Chapter 41]
Death by Firing Squad [Chapter 42]
Tides Don't Turn [Chapter 43]
Damaged Goods [Chapter 44]
Weapons Hot [Chapter 45]
Welcome Back, John Murphy [Chapter 46]
Don't Forget to Breathe [Chapter 47]
Euphemism [Chapter 48]
The Bomb and the Bridge [Chapter 49]
Little Talks [Chapter 50]
You Were Made To Break My Heart [Chapter 51]
One Focus [Chapter 52]
Bellamy and Raven [Chapter 53]
Go [Chapter 54]
No Regrets [Chapter 55]
Deal [Chapter 57]
Words Lost and Found [Chapter 58]
Say It Again [Chapter 59]
Home [Chapter 60]
Fight or Die [Chapter 61]
Unfinished Business [Chapter 62]
In This Moment [Chapter 63]
Patience [Chapter 64]
Our People [Chapter 65]
The Arc [Chapter 66]
Goodbye, Cruel World [Chapter 67]
Save Me [Chapter 68]
Please [Chapter 69]
All Wounds Heal [Chapter 70] -FINALE-

I'll Stand Behind You [Chapter 56]

11.3K 287 51
By UnderMySkin

                “Can you save him?” Ocatavia asked me as I looked down at Myles.

                “I don’t know…” I breathed, nervous. “I need your help. We can’t wait on Clarke… Not now.”

                “What do you need me to do?”

                “Clean cloth; bandages... anything.” I said, “Clean knife and fire.”

                “Got it.” She said, leaving me with Bellamy for a moment.

                “Need me…?” He asked, though his words had an obvious double meaning.

                “Yes.” I said, also applying a double meaning. “Hold him down; when Octavia gets back I need to remove this arrow.”

                I bit my lip, then continued, “Depending on the arrow head, this may kill him…”

                Myles whimpered, still mildly conscious.

                “It’s not too deep, so we can’t pull it through, which would be the safest method.” I explained, “We have to remove it backwards, and if the arrowhead is notched, chances are it isn’t coming out…”

                “Should we break it?” Bellamy asked, “Shorten the shaft?”

                “That would only be useful if he was still running around, so that it doesn’t catch on anything. Right now, the length might help us remove it. If it breaks too low, we for sure can’t remove it.”

                “Right.” Bellamy nodded.

                “Can you get me some of that moonshine?”

                Bellamy nodded and swiftly slipped from the drop ship.

                Octavia returned with the items I had asked for, and I took them quickly, placing them beside Myles. “Here.”

                “Thank you.” I said, then looked down at Myles. “Why were they hunting? I thought we had lots of dried meat?”

                “It burnt down… The smoke house.”

                “Murphy?” I asked, instantly on my toes of defence.

                She shook her head, “No… I don’t think so. He was on my side.”

                “I can’t believe he is still here.”

                “He hasn’t done anyone any harm.”

                “Yet.”

                Octavia changed the subject, “Your Grounder… Is he gone?”

                “Don’t talk about him. He isn’t mine.” I snapped, though I could tell she had not told Bellamy, and for that I was grateful.

                Bellamy returned and I doused my hands in the moonshine, and then looked to Octavia. “Soak the knife, then heat it up. I’m going to try to remove the leg one first; see what type of arrowhead it is.”

                “Is this going to hurt?” Myles asked weakly.

                “Yes.” I said bluntly, grabbing the arrow shaft and holding tight. As I began to pull, the kid began to whimper and shake, “Bellamy hold him, Octavia too!”

                Octavia held his knee while Bellamy pressed his shoulders back to the ground. The arrow shaft was slipping in my grasp; there was blood all over my hands already. As I tried to pull, I realized that the arrowheads were in fact notched, and were going to rip tissues, veins, maybe even arteries. He would succumb to blood poisoning… As this ran through my mind, the top of the arrow snapped and I fell backwards, landing hard on my ass and groaning in pain, though not nearly as much as Myles was in.

                “It’s useless.” I rose to my feet, feeling my tailbone bruising right away.

                Wrapping the cloth around the arrows, I knew it was all I could do for Myles now. Removing the arrow would do more damage than leaving it there, though his chances of surviving with them was next to none. I bowed my head, wishing Clarke were here to assist, though I doubted her skills could tend to these wounds either. I walked over to Myles’ head and frowned, “Get some sleep if you can… I can give you some moonshine.”           

                The kid nodded, and Octavia gave him a few swigs.

                “There is nothing more we can do…” I whispered to Bellamy as Myles rested his eyes, in and out of consciousness.

                “Raven is making mines, to protect the perimeter. If possible, we are hoping to prevent all Grounders from entering the walls. Myles might survive this war, then and only then we can decide his fate.”

                When he mentioned Raven it stung, but I simply nodded, “How many mines are made?”

                “A dozen, at least.”

                “I’ll go plant them.” I decided, wondering if Bellamy would come with me or not.

                He nodded to the top of the drop ship, “I’ll go grab some and come with you.”

                I waited patiently as he disappeared to where Raven was, my leg shaking as I tried to calm my nerves. I had no idea now what I wanted to say to him; he was acting as if nothing at all had happened between us, but perhaps that was just for show as there were many people around. He came down with a box full of tin cans, which I presumed were the mines. On the box was pen-written “Will blow your face off”.

                “Let’s go.” He said.

                We left the drop ship, a few feet away from each other, looking ahead of us and nowhere else. The day was breaking into evening, and there was still no sign of Clarke, Finn or Monty. I had a feeling that they were gone, perhaps for good, though I would never admit it. Jasper was insisting that we go out and find them, but I knew what was out there. Grounders were lurking, and the more separated that we became, the easier it would be to pick us off one by one, leaving less of us in camp. Bellamy was right in not going to find them, not on the brink of destruction.

                Outside the walls, we were still not alone, but far enough from anyone who might care about what we had to say to one another.

                “I didn’t mean for you to leave last night…” He admitted, “But when you did, I figured that you’d had enough of me.”

                “You telling me to get out didn’t exactly make me think you wanted me around.”

                “I reacted poorly… I didn’t want you out there near the people who are trying to kill us.”

                “They only want to kill us because we have killed them.” I said, “It’s all one big misunderstanding that has gone way beyond fixing. And here we are, planting mines.”

                “You’re upset.” He noted.

                “No, we have to do what we need to, to survive.” I admitted, “And while I think moving would be our best bet, I’ve never been great at convincing crowds what to do.”

                “We can’t leave… We can’t give up everything we have.”

                “I know.” I said, “I’ll stand behind you, no matter what.”

                “I don’t deserve that from you.”

                “Shut up.” I smirked, “I told you already, Bellamy, I love you.”

Alright, I am going to make a note and tell you that if for any reason I don't reply to your comments or post daily, it is most likely because my laptop is the biggest piece of crap to exist. Every time I click something, an ad or pop up plagues my screen. Windows 8 is a big fuckin' joke. Anyways, just thought I would let you know! I try to reply on my phone as it is easier to use, but I don't always have internet on my phone. But, comment and vote and I will do my best to get back to all of you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 162 27
Earth. It was the final destination for the citizens of the Ark, 100 years after the nuclear bombs that wiped out human civilisation and swamped the...
844 44 14
╭══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╮ "I hate you Bellamy Blake." "I love you too." ╰══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╯ Evelyn James. She was a medical student when sh...
190K 4.1K 25
"You were given this life because you're strong enough to live it." --- It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on earth, leavi...
143K 1.8K 24
the 100 - s1 *first book to 'the 100' series* *unedited* Maybe it was meant to be, maybe it wasn't but he knew from the moment he saw her in the Ark...