Smile |Mithmau|

By TheInsaneLuna

Jess moves to Phoenix Drop with her parents to live a better life. She has been teased and bullied all her li... More

Chapter 1- First Day
Chapter 2- Max
Chapter 3- The fight
Chapter 4- Partners
Chapter 5- Plan
Chapter 6- Cake
Chapter 7- The Grade
Chapter 8- The Group
Chapter 9- Cafe
Chapter 10- Dodge Ball
Chapter 11- Sleep Over
Chapter 12- Truth Or Dare
Chapter 13- Dawn
Chapter 14- Should I
Chapter 15- Her Birthday
Chapter 16- Ride Home
Chapter 17- Morning Walk
Chapter 18- Birthday Morning
Chapter 19- Ross' Singing
Chapter 20- Bowling
Chapter 21- Unexpected Visit
Chapter 22- Sad Max
Chapter 23- The Wise Tiffany
Chapter 24- Cory
Chapter 25- Enough
Chapter 26- Corby/Corisk
Chapter 27- Girls Night
Chapter 28- Guys Night
Chapter 29- Answers
Chapter 30- Bad Timing
Chapter 31- Explaination
Chapter 32- The Story
Chapter 33- Never Again
Chapter 34- Monday Make Ups
Chapter 35- Snowball Fights

Chapter 36- Mixed Emotions

112 6 4
By TheInsaneLuna

- Help -

The school year was coming to an end. And Jess knew this. It scared her a lot. She knew that it would eventually end, but it made her sad to realize it was actually going to end.

Jess was currently in class now. Doodling on her paper, not bothering to do her work. She didn't care at this point, even though she was a straight A student. All that was on her mind was two people. Two certain people.

Adam and Max.

Nothing has happened between her and Max at that point. Even though the school year was ending. In a month or so. The last major thing that happened between her and Max was that kiss. And that was a few months ago. It sadden her that that was the last thing that happened. She honestly wanted a realtionship. But was to scared to confront him about it.

As for Adam, is was complicated too. She knew he liked her. But Jess only liked Adam as a friend. Only a friend. But she knew Adam wanted to date her. Even though she didn't like him back. He never got the hint. No matter how many times Jess tries to ignore him. He always comes tries. She has tried multiple times to get the point acrossed.

She was going to tell him in person the next time she saw him, or probably invite him over to her house to do it face to face. She knew she shouldn't be a jerk and tell him over text. She needed to confess.

The bell rang, dismissing them to lunch. Jess quickly walked down to the cafeteria, and to their lunch table. She didn't exactly feel like eating, although her stomach said so otherwise. She was the first one to her table, the other's either getting food or taking their sweet sweet time.

That's when she heard a tray collide with the table. She looked up, and saw Shelby setting down her things across from her. She smiled, looking down at Jess, who's head was on the table.

"Hey, Jess!" Shelby greeting, starting to eat the gross yet mouth watering food on the tray. Jess scanned over the food, which so happened to be a cheeseburger, fries, a small carton of chocolate milk, and some apple slices. Which would obviously not be eaten.

"Hey, Shelbs." Jess said, rather quietly. Jess wanted to say more. But the words wouldn't come out.

Shelby looked confused, taken a good long look at her friend. "Jess, is everything okay?"

Jess sighed, sitting up. She looked around, making sure non of their other friends were coming. Every other group wasn't paying attention, talking amongst themselves. Jess didn't know what to say. She didn't know how she was feeling. Her breath and voice was caught in her throat, and couldn't say anything. She started to feel numb and dizzy. A little bit sick. How could she tell her?

"Well, it's just that..." Jess paused. She covered her face with both hands and took a deep breath.

She continued. "You know that me and Max kissed a few months ago. But, he hasn't made anymore moves on me at all. Sure, we have small talk and all. Yeah, we still hang out. But there is no romance anymore. I don't know if he is just not into me anymore or what."

Shelby looked shocked. Hey eyes wide open, then a small smile. She reached over and held Jess' hand. "Hey, you're amazing. In all honesty, you should tell him that you like him. And you want something more. You'll regret not doing it. I wish I confessed I liked Cory way before we started dating. It's now or never."

The two locked eyes, and Jess knew she was right. But then again, there was Adam. To be fair, everyone knew he liked it. It basically went without saying.

"Yeah, but then there's Adam. I like him, don't get me wrong. But only as a friend and nothing more. I've tried to tell him, but he just doesn't get the hint. And I know I have to tell him that too. I don't want to keep leading him on like this, it's driving me insane. But I just don't have the heart to tell him." Jess could feel her eyes starting to water. She refused to cry. Not here, not now, and not over this. She knew both her and Shelby were right in having to say something. Then again, she didn't know where to start.

The other girl looked and Jess and gave a small chuckle. "Yeah, it's no secret he has a thing for you. No kidding. He has had eyes set and locked on you for months. But Jess, be honest. You like Max, and not Adam. Your heart can't help that and you know it. If you see yourself being with Max and loving him in a romantic and loving way, be with him. Tell him how you feel and that you want a relationship. If he rejects you, then he is missing out on an amazing girl. A beautiful girl, that's so talented, so caring and loving, and has a heart of gold. If Adam truly loved and cared for you, he would want you to be happy. You can't force love, it's unpredictable. It chooses it's own path. The heart wants what it wants. Be with him. Go for him. What do you have to lose?"

Jess gave in, and started crying. Shelby took her other hand and wiped the tears from her face. Jess knew she was right. She had to tell both boys how she felt. She had to tell Adam they were just friends. She had to tell Max she liked him. Heck, maybe she loved him.

She has cared for him since the beginning. He has to know.

"Thank you Shelbs, you're the best." Jess said, with a bright smile.

Shelby flipped her hair, "Yeah, I know."

Both girls laughed.

"How are you going to tell them though?"

That was tough question for Jess. How was she? She thought for a moment. "Well, I was already thinking of inviting Adam over and talking about it. Max? I'm not sure."

Shelby tapped her chin. "What if we go bowling! Like that one time where we all went. Then maybe you guys can get a little close that night, and you can confess your true feelings! It can you, me, Max, Cory, Ross, maybe Tim. I don't know! But that will be perfect. What do you say?" Shelby was literally tapping her feet in excitement.

"I say," Jess paused, "You're a genius Shelbs."

Shelby screeched out loud in the cafeteria. Which startled basically everyone in there. She had a massive smile on her face, and squeezed Jess' hand. "Oh my gosh this is gonna be great! It's all coming together! You're going to confess your feelings!"

A couple seconds later Ross walked in and sat down.

"I hate science."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess layed on her bed that night. She was going to do it. On Friday, she was going to tell Adam they're just friends, and that's all they will ever be.

Then, on Saturday, she was going to tell Max how she truly feels. She was going to tell him she loves him. She wants to start something.

Jess would be lying if she said she wasn't stressed though. What if Adam took it the wrong way? What if Max didn't want to be with her? What if she dies? Then she remembers what Shelby said. There is literally nothing to lose. You only live once, after all. Nothing is going to stop her now. Not without the power of Shelby. And somewhat Ross, both always hype her up.

She decided to replace her worries with pizza rolls. She deserved it.

Not only that, she also decided to watch Shrek. To fill in the extra anxiety bubbling in her. Because Shrek makes everything better.

She popped open a Pepsi, and started watching.

She was going to do this.

Ain't nothing going to stop her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's corona time. Everything is shut down. I'm doing online work. Spring sports is canceled.

Make sure you're practicing social distancing. That's always good.

*Checks clock*.

It's 4:20 (ha) in the morning. Literally didn't plan that. I have a virtual class at eight. With my science teacher. That's why Ross hates science. Wait, but I'm actually good at science. Huh.

So, the bowling part is obviously going to be a throwback. Which I plan to make super long. Because honestly my favorite chapter to write was the bowling chapter. Don't know why, but I loved it. If you made it this far, go back to that chapter and comment, "Good job, dinosaur. Treat yourself to a cookie."

I don't know how many chapters I might make after this. Maybe, I'll throw in a prom? So there could be more? Guys I'm feeling inspired. I feel like I can do it.

Some things might not make sense since I'm still re-reading and editing this entire thing.

I'm sorry for not being loyal to the book and abandoning it. I have no excuse. Well, maybe a few, but not a lot. I deserve the anger.

Oh well, I'm here now.

Later my little dinosaurs, rawr!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986 32 17
~About The Book~ Ein is the new transfer student from Western Werewolf High going to Phoenix Drop High for the first time and when he gets to PDH he...
10.5K 178 19
I am Jessica Aphmau Phoenix and I live in a small town called phoenix drop with my family and I have a few secrets but eventually the all get out and...
9.9K 116 17
You are a new freshman heading to Phoenix Drop High. You were home schooled for middle school and some of elementry. Which means this will be your fi...
3.3K 141 21
″or else what?″ Aphmau Jessica, most baddest bitch in Phoenix Drop High, although very popular, for her looks, her money, her attitude and her relati...