Scarred Hearts 2 (Moon Lovers...

By Riyah404

Just a continuation... More

The Empty House
Family Picture
The Handsome Doctor
The Charming Pediatrician
The Skillful Chef
First Date
The Private Investigators
The Rest of the Kims
Cosmetics and Restaurants
Games and Bullies
Confessions
Promises
Constellations
Autograph
Decisions
Dreams
The Jealous Sister
The Woman with the Headphone
Family Secret
Weird Messages
Motives
The Scar
Reasons and Excuses
Miracles
Trust Issues
Unloading
Complicated
Doubts
Tragic Pasts
Stressed
Horses and Snows
Vacation Plan
Gifts
Lanterns
Plaster
Confrontations
Amusement Park
Pictures, Paintings, Memories...
Career Change
Pastimes and Nuisance
What Matters Most
One Last Time
Proposals
Finding Serenity
Tying the Knot

Unexpected Vacation

546 16 0
By Riyah404

There was chaos in the house when Ha Jin opened the front door. Mom was in a hurry to pack some clothes while Se Jin was securing Winter on a cage. Ki Joo was sitting on the sofa, wearing a headphone while reading plenty of books. They all looked stressed that Ha Jin was also getting stressed.

"What's happening here?" Ha Jin yelled as she took the wet jacket off her head and gave it back to So Joon.

They were planning to have dinner there but one look at the messy kitchen and she knew that there was nothing left for them to eat, only empty dishes to clean.

"Ha Jin!!!" Mom yelled back, running to her and grabbing her hands. "Your grandmother is sick. We need to visit her."

"Is she in the hospital?" Ha Jin anxiously asked.

"Your uncle is trying to convince her to go to the hospital, but she keeps on refusing."

"She will only listen to you," Ha Jin said.

"That's why Se Jin and I will visit her."

"I will go with you," Ha Jin said.

"I can take you there," So Joon said and Ha Jin was grateful with his offer.

"I'll just pack some clothes."

"Hurry," Mom anxiously said and Ha Jin ran to her room and hastily packed some clothes.

She was done in a few minutes then she talked to Ki Joo and her friend promised that she would take care of the house while they were gone.

^########################################^

So Joon drove hundreds of miles before they reached the house of Ha Jin's grandmother that was on an isolated village up on a hill. It was s small house with a spacious yard filled with different vegetables. They also have a few goats and an old black Labrador Retriever. So Joon smiled as he remembered his dogs.

Se Jin immediately freed Winter on the yard and he quickly befriended the animals in there. So Joon could see how much Ha Jin's brother had a heart for animals, not just for dogs.

"The dog's name is Mountain," Ha Jin whispered with a smile as she held his hand.

"It's a nice name."

"Hey, did you tell your family that you had taken us here? You should not make them worry."

"Ki Joo will tell them where I am."

"Send them a message," Ha Jin firmly said, glaring at him.

"Fine. I will," he said, taking his cellphone.

He sent one message to Mom then hid it again in his pocket.

"Good," Ha Jin said, grabbing his hand and pulling him inside the house.

It was a simple yet comfortable house. He had seen the entirety of the house the moment he entered.

There were two bedrooms and Ha Jin told him that the comfort room was on a separate room on the backyard.

There was a delicious scent coming from the kitchen that made his mouth water and his stomach growl.

"You haven't had dinner yet?" Ha Jin's Mom asked, making So Joon blush.

"I'll eat dinner later."

"No, you should eat now," an old lady that came out on one of the bedrooms had said.

She looked frighteningly pale and weak that So Joon approached her and offered her support.

"Who are you, young and handsome man?" the old lady asked, weakly smiling at him.

"Grandma, he is So Joon, my boyfriend," Ha Jin said, blushing as she stood on the other side of her grandmother.

"Wow, your mother is telling me the truth," Grandma said, making Ha Jin blush further as they supported her back to the bed. "I thought she only said that because she doesn't want me to keep worrying about you."

"Ma, I'm offended. Do I look like a liar?"

"Yes," Grandma snapped at Mrs. Go. "You didn't tell me about that scamming man..."

"Grandma, I told Mom not to tell you about that."

"You almost died because of that man!"

"I'm very much okay now, Grandma. If I saw him again, I will thank him first before punching him in the face. Because of him, I met So Joon."

Grandma smiled again and stared at So Joon.

"I'm glad that the person you saved is worthy to be saved. You seem like a good person and my Ha Jin is radiating with happiness whenever she stares at you and I can see the same in your eyes."

"Grandma, let's go to the hospital first," Ha Jin pleaded. "We can talk after that."

"I don't want to go there," she stubbornly refused.

"Grandma, don't worry about getting in the hospital. I can drive you there," So Joon willingly offered.

Grandma stared at him for a long time before she said, "I will agree with that once you fill your stomach. I don't want you driving with a growling belly."

"Deal," he agreed, offering his hand to Grandma.

"Deal," she said, taking his hand.

^##########################################^

"I don't want to stay here," Grandma complained while the nurse was putting dextrose on her left hand.

"You need to stay, Ma. You had pneumonia. It needs to be treated. The doctor said that if you listen to everything that he will say, you can get out of here in a few days."

"But I'm fine," she stubbornly said.

"You're not," Mrs. Go said. "I am repeatedly reminding you to take good care of yourself. Why are you not going to the hospital when you are feeling this sick? Do you want to die? We don't want that, Ma. I want you to live until you can see your great grandchildren."

There was a deafening silence as Mrs. Go and Grandma's eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry. I should not have been so stubborn," Grandma said, holding Ha Jin's hand. "I am old. Please, don't make me wait that long to see my great grandchildren."

So Joon and Ha Jin blushed.

"Go home and rest. Your Mom can take care of me."

"I also want to take care of you, Grandma."

"But you need to sleep. Your Mom told me that you are lacking sleep these past few days because of your work. Go home now. Tomorrow you can bring me my favorite soup."

Ha Jin only stared at Grandma that the latter said, "Go now. We are too crowded in here. I can't rest well with all of you staring at me," she glared at Ha Jin as she repeated her words, "Go home and rest. Then tomorrow, bring me my favorite soup."

"Fine," Ha Jin sighed. "Get well soon, Grandma," she said, tightly wrapping her arms around Grandma.

"I will," she answered, tapping Ha Jin's back.

^#############################################^

The moment So Joon sat on the sofa and closed his eyes, he had instantly fallen asleep. Se Jin and Winter were already sleeping soundly when they returned to the house. They were lying side by side on the other room. There was only Grandma's room left for them but So Joon insisted sleeping on the sofa. According to him, Grandma would never agree on them sleeping in one room.

Ha Jin knew that Grandma would not mind them sleeping in her room, but she respected what So Joon wanted. She had let him on the sofa while she took a blanket from Grandma's cabinet.

When she returned to the sofa, So Joon was already sleeping. He did not even stir when she properly laid him on the sofa. She covered him with a thick blanket then stared at him for a long time.

"Thank you for taking us here and for helping us with Grandma. Rest well, So Joon," she held his hand and he gripped it hard.

His forehead creased as he began having a nightmare.

Ha Jin tightly held his hand and caressed his forehead, until his face relaxed but his grip on her hand remained tight.

"I told you to sleep on the room with me," Ha Jin whispered with a wide smile. "It seemed that I am the one who will be sleeping here with you."

She waited for his grip to loosen but it never did.

^############################################^

Ha Jin remembered closing her eyes with her head leaning on the sofa but when she woke up, she was already on the bed.

She looked on her cellphone to check the time. It was only eight in the morning. It was still early. She still had time to prepare Grandma's favorite soup.

And So Joon also sent her a message.

Se Jin and I will buy something from the town. We will also drop by the hospital. Se Jin wants to see Grandma and he also brought clothes for her and your Mom. I will see you later.

But when she walked out of the room, So Joon and Mom were already there in the house. So Joon was sitting on the dining table, watching Mom cook breakfast.

Ha Jin checked So Joon's message again and saw that he sent the message only three hours ago.

"You are already here?" Ha Jin asked, sitting beside So Joon.

"It is only a two-hour drive to and from the town," So Joon answered, handing her a glass of milk and bread.

"I worried that you will not wake up on time to prepare food for your Grandma."

Ha Jin smiled at her mother's remark. She was guilty of being forgetful whenever it was her rest day. The call of her bed was always stronger than the growl of her stomach.

"But, Mom, I'm not in my bed. I will not oversleep like I am doing in our house."

"I cannot risk our breakfast with that," Mom said, sending a wide smile on Ha Jin and So Joon's face.

"Goat's milk is delicious," So Joon said, drinking on his glass. "Maybe because it's fresh. Even the bread we bought is delicious. It still hot when we bought it."

"It's still delicious even if it is not that hot," Ha Jin said, biting on the bread then gulped the milk. "I missed these tastes. It's been a long time since we last visited here."

"Yes. You are still in high school and your father is still with us."

"When Dad passed away, Grandma did her best to support us in our studies. She is the best Grandma we could ever have," Ha Jin anxiously sighed as she asked, "Mom, she will be fine, right?"

"She will," Mom assured her. "The doctor said she is responding well to her medications. We bought everything you need for that soup. Why don't you start making it? We will return to the hospital once you are done."

"Okay," Ha Jin said, getting on her feet.

"Let me help," So Joon said also getting off the chair.

Ha Jin only nodded and let So Joon assist her.

^##########################################^

Ha Jin was glad that Grandma looked better and stronger when they returned to the hospital. The doctor was telling them the truth. She was responding well with the medications.

"I missed this soup," Grandma said after finishing two bowls of it.

"It's the same way I felt when I drank fresh goat's milk, Grandma," Ha Jin said. "But it is really you that I missed the most. We should have visited you more often."

"I understand that you have to work and Se Jin has to finish his degree. I'm just glad that I get to see you again and your boyfriend. I'm glad that he is unlike your ex."

"Grandma!"

"What?" she snapped at Ha Jin. "You've been with him for years, but not once had he taken you here to visit me. And that's because he is busy planning to scam you."

"Grandma, let's move on from that man. He is not even worthy to be remembered," Ha Jin pleaded with a red face.

"Don't tell me that you are still defending him?"

"I'm not," Ha Jin said. "I just don't want to talk about bad memories. We should always reminisce the good ones, right?"

"Fine," Grandma finally agreed. "Your Mom told me some things about you, So Joon. Judging by your car, there is no doubt that you are from a wealthy family. Our Ha Jin is not. Will it be fine with your parents?"

"I already met his family," Ha Jin was the one who answered. "He has wonderful parents and amazing siblings."

"That's good to hear," Grandma said, smiling at the wide smile on Ha Jin's face. "So Joon, my Ha Jin doesn't have plenty of money but she is filled with love and she is the sweetest person in our family."

"You and Mom are the sweetest in our family," Ha Jin protested.

"The three of us are," Grandma corrected, widening the smile on So Joon's face.

"Ha Jin never fails to surprise me with her sweetness. I will always be grateful for her love," he said, staring at Ha Jin with tenderness.

"Same here," she said, holding his hand.

"I wish that you can stay with me for a longer time," Grandma said and though she was still smiling, there was a trace of longing showing in her eyes. "Looking at you feels like looking at my daughter and her husband. They always had that look in their eyes whenever they stared at each other."

"We can stay here longer," So Joon said.

"We can't," Ha Jin sadly countered. "I still have work tomorrow."

"I can talk to Mom about it."

"We have plenty of workload these past few days. I can't take a leave yet."

"Mom will understand."

"I know that she will and my co-workers too, but I can't leave them this week. We need to meet an important deadline."

"But your Grandma..."

"My daughter and Se Jin can take care of me," Grandma said, understanding Ha Jin's reason. "You are like your father. He always had the same passion for his work. But don't die like him. Don't stress yourself too much. Your life is still more important than your work."

"I will take good care of myself," Ha Jin promised. "You should also take care of your health, Grandma."

"I will," she promised back.

"We will visit you this coming weekend," So Joon also promised. "But, Grandma, you should be out of this hospital by that time."

"I will be out of this hospital by tomorrow!" Grandma exclaimed. "I will hate you if you don't keep your word!"

"Don't worry, Grandma," Ha Jin assured her. "So Joon knows how to keep his promises."

Grandma smiled and glanced through the glass window. It was almost nightfall. Time passed by so quickly when you were enjoying.

"You should leave and get enough rest before working again," Grandma said.

"Yes, Grandma. Get well soon," Ha Jin said, giving Grandma a tight hug.

"Take care on the road," Grandma said, tapping her back.

She also opened her arms for So Joon and he shyly embraced her.

"Thank you for bringing my family here and for taking me in this hospital," Grandma whispered to him. "But most of all, thank you for loving my grandchild. I could not help them that much when my son in law died. They endured so much with that loss. Don't let my Ha Jin go through more sufferings again."

"I will do my best to protect her, Grandma," So Joon promised.

He was grateful that he had a chance to meet Ha Jin's wonderful grandmother because Mom and Dad's parents were already dead even before San Ji had been born.

Through Ha Jin's grandmother, he had somehow felt what it was like to have a grandparent. He also experienced a bit of a province life. It was not only the sight and the air that was fresh but also the foods. And the people there were more welcoming than the people in the city.

It was a refreshing experience for him and he would certainly go back to that place and to that simple yet comfortable house of Grandma.

^#################################^

"I'm sorry for tiring you out this weekend," Ha Jin said while So Joon was driving them home.

"I'm not tired," So Joon said. "I enjoyed meeting your Grandma and visiting her place. I somehow experienced what it was like to have a grandparent."

"You haven't met any of your grandparents?"

"Mom said that her mother died a few months after giving birth to her while her father passed away from cardiac arrest when she was eight. Dad's parents died from an accident a few years after he married Mom and before San Ji was born."

"I thought that life had been easy on them."

"Mom didn't suffer that much because her father's parents took her and treated her well but once she graduated from college and got married, their health began deteriorating and, eventually, they died. Dad carried the burden of leading their company when his parents died. He was only twenty-five back then, but he did great in managing their company. And he remained good and committed to the company after almost four decades of managing it and his growing investments.

"If life had been easy on them then maybe they will never have that much compassion for children like us. They will never have that much passion in their work. They will never be the person they are today."

"I agree with that," Ha Jin said. "Bad experiences can make us feel so afraid and miserable, but it can also transform us into a stronger and better person."

"Like what happened to us, right?"

"Yes," Ha Jin said, smiling at So Joon. "Like what happened to us."

^###################################^

Ha Jin jerked awake when she heard Ki Joo saying that it was already seven in the morning and that So Joon was already waiting for her.

She quickly took a bath, changed clothes, and darted out of her room but she froze when she noticed So Joon inside the house carrying a packed breakfast for the three of them. He just finished preparing the table.

"You will get in the office on time," So Joon said. "Let's eat first."

Ha Jin smiled and ate breakfast with him and Ki Joo.

"Ha Jin, I will not go home this weekend," Ki Joo said. "Won Soo and I will be celebrating our anniversary on a beach resort."

"Wow," Ha Jin was utterly amazed. "Just go. So Joon and I will go back to my grandmother's house. We can leave this house empty over the weekend. We have good neighbours. They will not let anything bad happen here."

"Thanks, Ha Jin," Ki Joo said, already looking excited.

"Happy Anniversary."

"Thanks," Ki Joo said grinning happily at them. "It's tomorrow but we can only celebrate it on weekend."

"Happy Anniversary," So Joon said. "I think we need to go. Ki Joo, we can drop you on your school. Come with us."

"Thank you so much, So Joon!"

^###############################################^

"Joo Hyuk, what are you up to these past few days?" Seo Hyun curiously asked while they were closing their café.

"Nothing," Joo Hyuk said. "Mom just needs me in the house these days. She's always tired whenever she comes home from work. And she's staying up late just to meet their client's expectations. I want to somehow ease her weariness. Are you already missing me?"

"I'm not," Seo Hyun snapped at him. "I'm worrying about you. Since my father came here, you seemed to be acting weird, like you are hiding something from me."

"You are thinking too much," Joo Hyuk said, taking Seo Hyun in his arms. "If you think that I am acting all weird, that is only because I want my loved ones to feel at ease. If I can do something about it then I will do it."

"Don't tire yourself out," Seo Hyun said, embracing him back. "I don't want you to get sick."

"I won't," Joo Hyuk assured her. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow," Seo Hyun said, smiling sweetly at him.

"Are you sure you want to sleep here?"

"I felt more at home in this café than in my apartment. Maybe it's because I can see your drawings wherever I glance."

"You really are my number one fan," Joo Hyuk said, embracing her again.

"Go home now," Seo Hyun said. "If you need help with your Mom, don't hesitate to call me."

Joo Hyuk only nodded then kissed Seo Hyun on her lips before leaving the café.

He was not lying when he told Seo Hyun that he was coming home to ease his mother's weariness but that was not the only reason he was coming home every night.

He started the engine of his car and dialled the number of Mr. Do-Hyun Park, Seo Hyun's father.

"Stop calling," he coldly said as soon as he picked up the call.

"Then do you also want me to stop sending pictures of your daughter?"

There was silence on the other side of the line and Joo Hyuk smiled at that. He knew that Mr. Park never wanted that.

"I know your reason for sending those pictures. You know that I will never agree on that."

"Let's talk, Mr. Park."

"No," he firmly said and quickly cut the line.

He sighed and dialled Ho-Jun's number.

"Where will we meet?" Ho-Jun asked. He was the one who told Joo Hyuk the number of Mr. Park.

"Same place. I will wait there," Joo Hyuk said, heading back home.

That was their meeting place since Joo Hyuk decided to work with Ho-Jun in convincing not only Seo Hyun but also her father to reconcile with each other.

When Ho-Jun agreed, the hate Joo Hyuk was feeling towards him had vanished. He stopped seeing him as rival and started seeing him as a friend. Ho-Jun might have special feelings towards Seo Hyun, but he was willing to set that aside and work with Joo Hyuk just to make her and Mr. Park reconcile.

Mom and So Joon was not yet home. Ji Soo was busy with his job and spending most of his nights in their headquarters. Yo Jung was also busy with his practice and was temporarily living at Han-na's unit. Han-na was also busy with the hospital since Ha-neul and Si-eun was still on a vacation leave and Won Soo was not coming out of his room. He was just there, studying as hard as he could and on his breaks, he was talking to Ki Joo.

He was the only one waiting on the parking lot when Ho-Jun arrived.

He did not bother getting out of the car. He just opened the car window and Joo Hyuk gave him an envelope with a few pictures of Seo Hyun.

"Why are you doing this?" Ho-Jun asked countless of times already.

"Why do you always want to hear my reason?"

"I can't believe it until now."

"I can't believe that I am working with you until now," Joo Hyuk shot back at him.

"It's been almost two weeks and you can't make him agree to meet up with you."

"I will do this even if it takes months or years."

"How can these pictures change his mind?"

"I know you are also peeking at those pictures. You can see how happy Seo Hyun is in those pictures. I know that in Mr. Park's memories, Seo Hyun was not that radiant. She was not smiling that happily. I want him to realize how happy Seo Hyun is and how unhappy she would be if he forced her to take that company's leadership."

"Mr. Park has changed," Ho-Jun kept on saying to him every night.

"He must have changed but it is not the change Seo Hyun wants to see from him. They will never reconcile if he will keep on insisting with what he wants. We need to make him stop convincing Seo Hyun to work in his company."

"Can that really happen?"

"We should never lose hope."

"How can you be that positive?"

"Will negativity change Mr. Park's mind?"

"Will positivity change his mind?"

"At least it will help me to keep on hoping. Are you losing hope?"

"Mr. Park is not getting any younger."

"Fine. Let's wait for two more weeks. If he will still not change his mind, then I will go to his house and talk to him."

"That's a better deal," Ho-Jun said, looking a bit relieved.

^#################################################^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 164 13
𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗴𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗴𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘆. 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅 𝗞𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘃 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮...
3.2K 63 43
Season 2
24.4K 865 12
Season 2 ZA WATER!
31.3K 2.2K 30
Happiness is a butterfly can fly away anytime . Hey cuties~ SEASON 2 OF IS IT TOO LATE? IS HERE! READY FOR THE RIDE OF ROLLERCOASTER OF EMOTIONS?