Feather After

By Releasse

"You drive me fucking crazy," he says and runs his tattooed hand through his hair. He bites on his lower lip... More

Author's Note
Playlist
Cover Party
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70

Chapter 64

39.2K 1.3K 301
By Releasse

Feather After // Chapter 64 // Confessions And Family

Aria's POV

I didn't know what I was supposed to ask from whom. I didn't even know who was telling the truth and who was lying, it almost felt like everyone had gone against me. I was sure that the girl was telling the truth, why would she lie to me? Ignatius was kicked out of the Royal Society, the same year that Misty was kicked out. But when I was talking to Ignatius, he had told me that he and his family were kicked out of Royal Society because his mom was gay and he also said that the board members of the Royal Society had zero tolerance for anyone except the people who were white and straight.

Now that I looked at the whole situation, I could consider the option that maybe, just kind of maybe; Ignatius might have lied to me. I had seen him do things before and to be honest I somewhere in my heart expected him to do it again because why not would he not do what he did All over again.

I felt betrayed and somewhere or the other I started trusting Zachariah, he didn't lie to me, he didn't say things which were not true. He just told what he knew and that was more than enough for me.

I wanted to confront Ignatius and ask him what the hell was going on and I didn't know how to do that. All I felt was numb; I don't know how we reached home. I do remember, Nanna asking me what was wrong and how did I became so depressed suddenly but I had no possible explanation for that. What should I have told her, that I was in love with a guy who came with so many baggage that it was almost impossible to love him?

As I lay on my bed my thoughts were getting on my nerves. I really wanted to stop but it didn't know how to. I wanted to hit my self. I was going to get married, I-I wanted to do something. Maybe it was better this way, I could just end it here then maybe I wouldn't have to choose sides, then I wouldn't have to hurt someone for someone else, then it would be so much better.

I got up and took a deep breath, I could do it. Maybe nobody was supposed to understand the pain I felt. I felt like a loser, what had I done in my life excepting making other people's life horrible? Nothing.

I closed my eyes, I can do it. If I was no more maybe then Ignatius wouldn't have to choose between Misty and I and my parents wouldn't have to be as disappointed as they were.

As I was headed in my washroom I heard something hit my window. Maybe it was a stone or some bird. I went to look what it was and then I saw a pebble hit my window again. I hurried to see what it was and saw Ignatius standing below my house with some more stones in his hand.

My anger intensified when I saw him, I glared at him hoping that he would see it and go away. I was not in the mood to meet and greet. "Go away," I told him and closed my curtains.

He threw another stone at the window and I ignored it, maybe he didn't understand that I asked him to go away. I didn't respond to him so he threw another pebble at the window. I knew one thing for sure, that if I kept ignoring him, he would definitely get the attention of Nanna or probably break my window and I wasn't ready for the outcome of both consequences.

I took a deep breath and went to the window. I had to suppress the urge of calling him out and throwing insults at him. I looked at him and he looked at me, he went down and picked up another stone and seeing him do that I quickly opened the window and poked my head out, "what the hell is wrong with you?"

"You come down and stop ignoring me, otherwise I'll keep on flinging the stones," he yelled back. Nanna had really sharp ears and even if she had heard the whole exchange, she wouldn't say anything and then she would get all the things out of me just before bedtime. That's the way Nanna functioned.

"Wait," I told him and went to the bathroom, I had the urge to pee so he and his anger could wait for some time. After using the washroom, I found my slippers lying under my bed and then I went to meet Ignatius. I knew he was angry but guess what I was angry too, and he was going to get his ass beaten.

I went outside and looked at him, I quietly opened and shut the door and crossed my arms again. As I stood on my porch, he looked at me and I looked at him. He was wearing all black again but this time, instead of a lip ring there was a trinket on his left ear, so he got his ear pierced now?

"What?" I said she he didn't say anything, he kept looking at me and by each and every second the whole thing became more and more irritating.

"What? Let me ask you why?" He said rather furiously and pulled out a newspaper article from his back pocket, he threw it up, in the air and I didn't know what he was talking about.

"So this is how you greet me? Did you just throw a newspaper cutting on my face?" I looked at him and walked towards him. I was not on the private property anymore, nor do I think it would have mattered to him that I was.

"Just a newspaper article? Do you know what the fuck it has? Have you ever tried fucking looking at it?" He almost bellowed.

"First of all, do not curse at me! I can curse too and second of all do not raise your voice at me! I don't even know what you're talking about!"

"Now you're going to behave like a fucking angel? Is that one of your mind games? I know you like fucking up with my brain but this is my limit now! I hope you understand that. I don't like being tossed around so-"

"You're so self-centered to think that I'll toss you around for what? Tell me? Who do I talk to except you, Xavier and Rachael?"

I didn't realize that I was moving towards him and that he was moving towards me until I saw it. The article that he had thrown in the air was lying down on the road right next to my foot.

"Zachariah damn it! Zachariah!" He said and moved towards me, and I held my grounds.

"What about you, huh? You can't point your finger at me when four other fingers are pointing back at you!" I told him and moved a step towards him. I didn't understand why he was so angry. He had done wrong too.

"What about me? I at least don't go around kissing two and three guys around all at the same time!" And I had the urge to hit him so bad.

"So this is all it is about? That Zachariah kissed me? Oh my god, and let me ask you something, yeah? How many girls have you kissed from the time we started talking? How many? Four? Five? Maybe ten? How many?"

I saw his eyes dilate and he glared at me, he opened his mouth and then he closed it. "You know what? Let me tell you something, if you may," he said and I knew he was mocking me for what I had said for me not even a minute ago. I raised my eyebrow at him and he continued, "I had flings with a girl, and I know it! But I haven't even looked at anyone from the time we started going out! And I don't know why but I thought you would trust me but no!"

"Trust you? Are you kidding me right now? Really? I trusted you no matter what you did! I always got back to you? And I'm not the one who trusts you now? Tell me something how many reasons have you given me to trust you?"

"So this is the way of getting back at me! By kissing other people on the road! Is that what you're trying to do? Get back at me for what I did ten years ago?!" I didn't even realize that were screaming at each other.

"Yeah, I'm getting back on you! Is this how pathetic you think I'm? Yeah, I have no other job to do in my life, all I want to do is to get back at you and make you jealous so that you can break my window and we could scream at each other!"

"How clever, Aria. When you don't have anything to say, anything to justify your actions, you start being sarcastic. That's real good babe, real good."

"Yeah, it is. I'm not at all shocked that you just started throwing accusations at me without even knowing what I felt about it? What made you think that I'm in love with Zachariah! He kissed me! Damn it! Don't you see it, I was framed! I ran out of the place, and I didn't know that I was being followed by the paparazzi!" His expression softened when he heard me say that and I continued, "So let me get this straight, you have the audacity to blame things at me so let me ask you too, why were you kicked out of the Royal Society?"

"I have told you before-"

"That you got someone pregnant?"

"Who told you that? Tell me!" His eyes darkened, I don't know what took over him but he got angry all over again. Seeing him getting angry made me angry too.

"Yeah, you tell me! You expect me to tell you the truth all the time and you yourself are not capable of doing that yourself! Are you? You're a hypocrite! Shame on you!" I took a step towards him.

"What haven't I told you? You can't just blame me! Who told you that?"

"Maybe you should go and check the records of the Royal Society! They'll let you know why you got kicked out of the Royal Society because you clearly don't know it yourself," and I saw him narrow his eyes at me. I didn't care about it anymore, if he expected something from me, he should be able to do it himself and he clearly couldn't. I couldn't even believe that the whole situation was real.

"Again we go with the sarcasm! Wow! So nice."

"So tell me, who did you get pregnant huh? Who was it? Tell me! If you expect something from me, then tell me!" He looked at me.

"I don't remember, damn it! I don't! I didn't do it! I don't know what happened that night. We were four or five people and-"

Before I knew what was happening, Ignatius started to cry, I saw tears falling down his cheeks, and then I realized what a grave mistake I had made. I looked at him and I walked towards him. Before I knew what I was going, I pulled him into a hug. He pushed me back but I didn't let him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and said, "I'm sorry, I crossed my line. I shouldn't have said what I did. I'm so sorry, I-"

He pulled back and looked at me. He was not crying anymore and I didn't say anything, I had already done enough damage.

"I'll tell you what is I know," he said and we sat at the side of the road, "I was in tenth grade and were invited to a party by a senior, and that didn't happen a lot. No senior invited a junior to a party. I don't remember, much, my friends and I went to the party and things happened, I was drugged too. Nobody remembered what happen. But then we heard devastating news, I was kicked out of Royal Society for getting a girl pregnant who I didn't know. And later I found out that I had a charge for rape. But I know I wouldn't do anything like that. I mean I know I hook up but only when the other girl is willing. I lost contact with all of my friends and I moved away."

"I'm so sorry,"

"It's okay, I didn't tell you this because I didn't want you to think of me as a rapist, I know I didn't do it. We came back here, to get my name cleared and my mom is hell bound in knowing who did it."

Before I could say anything else, three cars pulled up in front of the house and I saw grandpa, grandma, Gemma, and my aunties and uncles step out of the car.

______________________
I want you to be 100% honest with this question.
Q. If Feather After gets published in the future, maybe in a year or two will you purchase a copy of this book?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
71.6K 2.3K 41
(highest ranking: #1 in yaromance) NEEDS EDITING(sorry in advance.) "You think you can escape me? Run to your daddy and tio's?" He snaps at me, stan...
287K 9K 34
"I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you right now,"he whispered in my ear as he breathed down my neck leaving small kisses here and there. ...
56.7K 2.7K 29
"No! You don't walk away!" He stops me and turns me to face him. "Let go of me!" I snap back as I remove my wrist from his grasp. "What are you so...