INFATUATED

Von blue_ink_08

Studious, Pious, Beautiful, Introvert- enough adjectives to describe her. She gets tagged with 'TOO SERIOUS'... Mehr

PROLOGUE
Chapter-1 : Arrival
Chapter-2 : The Beginning
Chapter-3 : Determined
Chapter-4 : Second Time
Chapter-5 : Collision
Chapter-6 : Freshers'
Chapter-7 : The Wonder Woman
Chapter-8 : Is everything alright?
Chapter-9 : The Call
Chapter-10 : Getting Over It
Chapter-11 : Patience
Chapter-12 : Cost of the Favour
Chapter-13 : A Suitor?
Chapter-14 : Unbearable
Chapter-15 : Collaboration
Chapter-16 : Gate Unlocked
Chapter-17 : One step closer
Chapter-18 : Recompense
Chapter-20 : Flam?
Chapter-21 : Back to the Pavilion
Chapter-22 : I see the light
Chapter-23 : Dilemma
Chapter-24 : Another Nuisance
Chapter-25 : Cruxes
Chapter-26 : Stunned
Chapter-27 : Persuasion
Chapter-28 : The Chase Begins
Chapter-29 : Now What?
Chapter-30 : New Year, New Him
Chapter-31 : Palpitations
Chapter-32 : She who matters
Chapter-33 : Inexplicable Happiness
Chapter-34 : Intertwining Lives
Chapter-35 : Sponsalia
Chapter-36 : Pandemonium
Chapter-37 : Thunderbolt
Chapter-38 : Crestfallen
Chapter-39 : Explication
Chapter-40 : Persistence
Chapter-41 : Red Tomato
Chapter-42 : I love you
Chapter-43 : You Win
Epilogue
Writer's Note

Chapter-19 : Cast Down

277 25 1
Von blue_ink_08

Shayba's P.O.V.

The morning light illuminating my room woke me up at dawn with a very bitter feeling. I am so ashamed of myself right now that no one can imagine. Yesterday evening was a disaster! No doubt that we are going home soon in bare hands.

The event from yesterday grieved my soul to the apex. The challenge we were given to fulfill in an hour was completely dependent on Zawad bhai's knowledge because it required data from the most senior level maybe including topics from Master's level or something even higher than that of which we yet didn't study about. I had no idea about all the structural mechanisms and designs Zawad bhai was writing on his paper yesterday. All the teams tried to solve the given problems altogether with their mates where in our team, only the leader worked by himself while a fellow member, Medha assisted him as much as she could and the other two kept sitting on their chairs with almost crying faces praying for their success all the time.

Literally I lost all my hopes when I saw the Japanese team beside our table bursting into laughter now and then while solving the so called EASY question. That challenge was only a matter of minutes to them as we saw them gossiping and writing altogether. Finding no way to help my team, I thought I would rather start crying in despair. I have no competence to be here right now! It's not a cup of tea to a first year student.

When the time was finished and we were walking out of the room, Zawad bhai didn't utter a single word. We all knew that we couldn't complete our paper in time. It was evident that we need many more points to be qualified for the finale and there is no chance for that. We have to go back to the pavilion without gaining any trophy or medals.

Rafsan bhai glanced at me hopelessly and indicated Zawad bhai with his eyes, asking if we should say anything or not to console him but I rather thought it would be better to keep quiet. We are of no help to him right now.

Ascending to the third floor by the lift, he walked straight to his room. "Zawad bhai, Isha's sal...."he slammed the door on my face before I could finish. I was stunned. I looked at Rafsan bhai and Medha apu being lamented, knowing that nothing could make him happy than our collaboration in the semi final. We were aware that our dreams and aspirations are probably already shattered into pieces because of our asininity though our leader tried the best he could have done by himself.

"He'll be fine guys. Just give him some time." Medha apu tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah right."

At 9, we went downstairs to have our dinner but our hearts sank again when we found Rafsan bhai coming down alone. "He said he isn't hungry. So I decided not to disturb him."he said making a mortified face.

"Oh!"we both answered.

"Guys should we apologize to him altogether?"Rafsan bhai proposed.

"I don't know. What's our fault? We tried our best, right?"said Medha apu.

"YOU did. Not us."I replied guiltily. His silence is being intolerable to each one of us. "Let's take his dinner upstairs. At least he should eat something, right? He hasn't eaten anything since noon."

"Yeah right." And then we did our job accordingly as planned but that guy didn't even bother to open the door, let alone eat.

"Bhaiya we are sorry." Medha apu pleaded from outside while we two joined her. "Please open the door and eat something Bhaiya. You haven't eaten anything since noon!"I requested this time.

Oh come on! How much are you going to mourn for one competition? What though we don't get any medals? Are you going to starve to death for this? What's good in locking yourself up, huh? I wanted to shout all these being tired of his drama but couldn't do so, rather came back to the dinner table unsurmounted.

And now in the dawn, after waking up I called to his room telephone as I did everyday to wake him up for Fazar. Usually it took five to six calls for him to get up but today it was picked up instantly by a solemn voice, "I'm awake."

"Huh? Oh Allah you startled me!...... Ummm okay then, pray your Salah."

"Hmm." Beeeep... He cut the call. Allah, I'm damn sure he didn't sleep tonight. If he did, he would have never woken up by himself so early at this period of dawn. I never knew this guy had so much expectations from this competition, to be more precise, he is mourning more than anyone else of us. He never bothered to show that in front of us, always trying to act cool when we are with him as if this was just a meaningless contest to him. But now having sleepless nights for that???? Wow!

At 8 in the morning we came downstairs in the breakfast table.

"Sorry guys Zawad bhai didn't wake up. He is sleeping now." Rafsan bhai narrated approaching us.

"What do you mean he is sleeping?! We were supposed to go to Belgium today! Is he gonna starve to death now?!"Medha apu screamed with irritation.

"I don't know."Rafsan bhai shoved off his shoulder.

"Enough! Is he a kid that he has to leave eating and everything else for one stupid competition? And to be honest, we haven't even been expelled yet! What's so fuss about then??!"I yelled this time. "Let me take his food upstairs. If I can't make him eat, my name isn't Shayba!"

Bam! Bam! I banged hardly on the door and shouted,"Zawad bhai open the door!"

"Who's there?"he replied in a sleepy voice as he woke up just now but I kept slamming loudly without replying. "Oh God who is it??"

Thankfully he got up from his bed and opened the door with sleepy eyes and messy hair wearing a crinkled tshirt. He looked confused to find me outside of his room. "Shayba?! What happened?"he asked afraid, definitely thought something was wrong.

"Come and eat breakfast with us."

"Whattt? I'm not hungry."he went to close the door again but I pushed it back with all my force.

"Woaah!! Whaaat?"he asked surprisingly.

"I said come! Now!"I ordered with a glare.

He stared at me as if he couldn't understand what I just said. Saying nothing at all he tried to figure out my angry attitude. "Get away Shayba." Calmly ignoring me he was again up to shut the door. "Hey!"I quickly slid my hand in the sliiiightest bit gap between the door and the wall to keep it open and the next moment hissed in pain as my finger got stuck there, "Ouccchhh!!"

"Oh god! Are you okay??"he immediately opened the door and coming forward to me asked being concerned, "Where does it hut? Let me see! Are you stupid?!!? Why the hell did you go to insert your hand there?!? " He neared but I abruptly slipped from his touch and hid my hand behind my back.

"What the..! Just let me see if you got hurt or not idiot!"

"First tell me you will eat!"I jerked back still hiding my hand. Gosh! It still hurts! My fingers might have turned blue already by blood clot.

"Are you crazy or something? I said I am not hungry!"

"You are. Don't be a stupid and come down to eat."

"No I'm not! Don't force me Shayba. I'm not in the mood. But just let me see if you got hurt or what okay.....?" immediately after uttering the sentence he almost jumped towards me to get hold of my hand. What the...! I bounced too in the opposite direction and the next moment I was in front of his door ducking my head and sliding through his arm. The card key beside the door was easily visible from there. Wow! I quickly picked it from the slot and shut the door from outside. Haha! Now it's locked! Then I glanced at him coolly, "What now?"

He stood still for some moments and then huffed, "Leave me alone Shayba."

"Sorry but now you're coming down with me. Otherwise I'm not returning the key. Ever!"now it's my time to sneer.

"Give me that back...!"he again leaped towards me.

"Heyyy! Don't you dare come near and touch me!"

"Okay fine. I'm sorry! Just give it back, okay? I can't go down in this tshirt, can I? See! I don't even have shoes!"

"I don't believe you. I know you'll go in and not come out again. I know you very well."

"Really?"he smiled, "Happy to know that. Now give it back. Promise. I'll get ready and then come down."

I cautiously observed his face to make it clear if he was lying or not. "One should never break his promise, you know? It's a sin." I said in a serious tone but to my surprise he began to jerk in laughter,"Yeah I know."

"Hey! It's not funny! I'm serious."

"Yeah yeah got that. Okay I swear I'll come down in five minutes. Hmm?"

Good! Hearing him, I stretched out my hand returning the key.

"Ya Allah, your finger has turned blue!!!! Let me.....!"he exclaimed anxiously as soon as he saw my palm and stretched his one to hold mine.

I again bounced back,"Forget it. Go get ready quickly. You don't have to worry about me." saying this I hurried to downstairs while my heart palpitations became faster. Sometimes his behavior seems too uncomfortable to me. I don't know if I'm right or not but often it feels like he worries a great deal about me than he does about others. It.... makes me feel so awkward! Perhaps I'm contemplating too much, perhaps he treats all his juniors the same way, but to be honest, it doesn't feel like so.

"WHAT? Couldn't get him? Hahhahaha! I told you, didn't I? Zawad bhai will never get up at her call. Woohoo! Give me my 50 euros!" Rafsan bhai exclaimed tuning his sentence.

"Really? You two bet on me?" I asked surprisingly.

"Well well, someone declared too that she will change her name if she couldn't bring Zawad bhai down." he sheepishly looked at me and sneered, "Heh heh! Let's change her name now, shall we? What about Jamila? Or should I say Sokhina? What do you think Medha apu? Which would be better??" As soon as he was finished, he burst into laughter.

I calmly took a cup of coffee from the flask and sat down,"He is coming in five minutes." Now it's my turn to smirk. Haha!

"What? Seriously?!? How?"Medha apu squeaked in mirth.

I shrugged my shoulder and moved my hand like a fairy wand, "Magic!"

"HahHa! Rafsan! Give me 50 euros. Now! Now! Now!"

Rafsan bhai couldn't believe what was going on. "No way! Just wait five minutes and then see! Don't just believe in her words. There's no way Zawad bhai is coming. It's not that easy to convince him. Huh!" He tried to act all cool but we both realized that he was starting to be scared about his loss. So I and Medha apu continued to snicker at him giving a high five to each other. "You wait too boy!"said she.

Fortunately just ten seconds before the awaited five minutes was going to be finished, Zawad bhai came out of the lift.

"Wooooo!!!!!!! I won! I won! I won!" Medha apu began to bang on the table loudly making everyone look at us.

"What happened?" Zawad bhai confusingly asked.

"Nay Bhaiya. Nothing at all haha! We are just too happy that you came hehe! Right Shayba?" She grinned ear to ear while Rafsan bhai took out a note of 50 Euro and put it on the table so pathetically as if he was pulling out his kidney from his body. I couldn't help but grin too at his funny gesture.

Not realizing what was going on among the three of us, Zawad bhai said nothing and went to fetch his breakfast. Then after filling his plate, took a chair beside me. "Have you all eaten?"

"Yeah! Yeah! You take your time! Enjoy the breakfast." Medha apu replied,still grinning like crazy making her happiness crystal clear to everyone present here.

"Why are you laughing like an idiot?" Zawad bhai calmly asked with a stiff face making the rest two of us burst into laughter.

"It's not fair Bhaiya! Why are you scolding meee?" she pretended to cry like a kid but that didn't melt Zawad bhai's heart. He glanced negligently at her and then without uttering another word focused on his food.

We three patiently waited for him to finish his food. Still we have hope, right? So let's just enjoy till we get officially disqualified for this contest.

"Have you three decided to stare at me all the time while I'm eating?"

Oops!

Medha apu instantly replied making herself look even more stupid, "No no Bhaiya. Why would that be? Please be comfortable while eating. Hehe!" Gosh! This girl is way too much happy today.

"By the way where should we go today? Let's go to Belgium. It won't take long." Rafsan bhai suggested ignoring Medha apu's chuckles and incessant teasing intimations.

He kept quiet. Ya Allah please not again! It took a huge toil to change his mood. We all anxiously hoped for a jovial response from him.

"Sure! Why not?" his answer came. In a complete normal tone.

Huff!!! Relieved! Alhumdulillah.

"Yayyy!! Yayyy!! We are going to Belgium!!"Medha apu exclaimed again. She is crazy!

So as planned, we headed to Belgium with our little troop and after roaming around the big city in a beautifully sunny weather, returned at night being extremely exhausted. We almost took half a thousand of selfies and pictures today.

Thankfully our leader treated us well but to be honest, it was not like his usual self. The constant gloom was evidently visible on his face, not like that cheerful self of his.

"Good night."bidding us farewell Zawad bhai started walking towards the lift.

"Bhaiya?"

"Hmm?"

"Looks like there is a chaos over there! Look! Shall we go see?" I excitedly asked him pointing at the dining hall. People are shouting. It seemed a scrimmage would start in no time.

"What happened there? Let me see." he forwarded with a concerned look.

"Hey! Isn't that the Spanish team?" Rafsan bhai squeaked out.

"Hmm. I wonder what's wrong." Zawad bhai replied in his solemn voice.

"Don't you dare raise your hand! I am warning you for the last time!" a guy in front of us gritted. Hey! I know him! He is Gabriel, the chief convener of this competition! He has been instructing us here from the very beginning! Why is he quarrelling with the Spanish group?

"WHAT? What will you do,huh? You thought I'll spare you alone without taking my revenge?!"that Spanish guy went onwards.

Aaaaa...nd to all our anticipations coming true, in two seconds they jumped onto each other and started punching horribly. Ya Allah! His nose is bleeding!

"Zawad bhai! Do something!"I bellowed being scared of the view of the bloody fight in front of me.

"What would I do here?!? It's their problem!" he shrugged his shoulder.

"I don't know! Just stop it somehow! You see!! Otherwise they will kill each other!"

He huffed after listening to me. Are you kidding me?! I was more than agitated now with everything happening around me, so I decided to stop it by my own. Why is everyone here acting so coward and weird? "Argh Forget it!! I'll go and stop it by myself!" I set my foot frontwards but he immediately blocked my way.

"Are you insane Shayba?!? How can you even think about going and interfering in the guys' fight?!" He exclaimed anxiously as he never could thought of my such a decision. You think girls can't do anything, huh? Just wait and watch!

"What else should I do? Watch this gory fight and suck my finger like a kid?"I flickered my anger on him this time.

"Oh God! Okay fine! Let me handle this, okay? You go sit on that table. Medha! Take her out please."

He is repulsing me! What the heck!? Am I a kid???

"No one needs to take me out! You go and stop that fight for God's sake!" I glared indicating, Don't make me anymore agitated Mr. Zawad, I'm warning you!

He sighed. I knew he won't ever let me get involved in such matters and I was proved right. He stepped towards them to keep my request while Medha apu forcefully pulled me out of the hall softly caressing my back. I can't believe this! The collision was still going on in full force. And a huge audience was there to have fun and make a video of it! Like seriously?!?! You think you are enjoying an action movie????

"I don't understand! How can you just watch such a bloody encounter and stand still?!? Why aren't the people there doing anything??? Is it very funny to watch two guys fighting????" I exclaimed with exasperation after coming out.

"Eeeeasy girl eeasy..!. Now Zawad bhai is there. He will stop the combat in no time. Hmm? Don't worry." Medha apu consoled me in vain as if I was a little child shouting for a stupid candy but no one was there to pay heed to such childish desires.

Huffing I went upstairs disturbingly in no mood to talk to anyone anymore. Hope he will calmly solve it, won't he? He can't refuse my request!

Zawad's P.O.V.

Keeping these thoughts away from my mind, I walked forward and asked, "Can anyone please tell me what is going on?"

Someone from the crowd answered, "Sebastian got into a fight with Gabriel."

Yeah right. I can see that by my own eyes. "Yeah but why?" I asked again keeping my cool.

"Sebastian probably said something to Gabriel's girlfriend and later when Gab came, he started calling him names and insult him in front of the crowd. He was drunk you know."

I see! " Then let's go stop them guys. What are you waiting for?"saying I stepped towards them but tried in vain to convince as none of them agreed to leave the other one's collar first. But in two minutes, I don't know how but I and an Indian guy Rajesh were able to sunder these two from hanging onto each other's shirt. I held Gabriel tight and explained, "Gabriel just calm down! You have beaten him enough! He will apologize, okay???"

"First tell him to lick her shoes and then only I will spare him!" he hissed showing his blonde .

"Lick? I spit on your face you bastard!" Sebastian yelled and proved his words instantly. Luckily he was far enough, so his saliva couldn't reach us. And Gabriel instantly jumped ferociously.

"Oh for God's sake! Stop it you two!" I held him tight aback where Rajesh disposed Sebastian. After a constant battle among each one of us, we finally managed to separate them and bring to two different rooms.

"Gabriel calm down. What happened between you two actually?" I asked after making him stable on a chair. Someone appeared with ice cubes to foment his injuries.

"That ******" he kept Sebastian calling hideous names without explaining the real thing. I patiently waited for him to complete his abusive words. God! He has such a rich vocabulary in this.

Finally after five long minutes of reproaching and yelling, he was pacified. "Go to your room. And take a shower."I tapped on his back.

"Yeah I think so too. By the way, I forgot your name."

"It's Zawad."

"Ummm Za...wad?" he asked in his broken pronunciation making me laugh a little.

"Yeah right."

"Thank you Zawad."

"You're welcome."

We both shook hands and went apart, never knowing the astonishing consequences that were waiting for us.

Ascending to my room taking the stairs, I rebuked Shayba incessantly in my head. She is crazy! There is no doubt about that. She is completely maddened. Why else would she want to get involved in a guys' fight? Why the heck does she have to step into every iniquity happening around her as if she was a Florence Nightingale? I don't understand, is life a movie to her that she is playing the heroine's role?

That reminded me, she did something insane like this before too. When a thief snatched her phone outside the campus, I was well aware of her wonder woman like attitude. Geez! Maybe I will never get to realize what kind of a girl she really is. One moment she is a genuinely pious girl who doesn't even gaze upon her so called non mahram guys and the next moment she herself wants to get involved in a fight with THAT non mahrams to stop them. I mean WHY????

And the most important thing is I don't know why I can't ignore her words at all. I should have scolded her for wanting to interfere in the combat in the first place but rather she was the one who yelled out on me and then surprisingly I was convinced to go there and stop it. Yesterday night too, I locked myself up in my room but couldn't pass by her imploring. I got up for Fazar's prayer after her call though I had no wish to leave the bed. And then when I decided to sleep in my room for the whole day, she interfered again. Surreptitiously I had come out for breakfast and then roamed around the city with others too! I mean what the heck got into my stupid brain? Why can't I remember my usual self when SHE, yes only THIS GIRL wants something from me?

Is this love? God! I can't believe! Am I really acting love struck by a hijabi??? Since when did my mind switched from the beautiful dolled up girls to such category??? Religious people were never my type. Not for once did I think of falling for someone like her. Ever.

What did she do to me????

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

287K 16K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...
145K 7.9K 23
'Mum you can't leave me, how could you?', a gasp escapes her mouth. Her mother was the only one on her side but she too is gone now, she can't do any...
15.8K 888 31
"Look at how hard it's beating!!" He said grabbing hold of my hand and placing it on my own heart, not letting go of my hand again. I lowered my gaze...
3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...