Scarred Hearts 2 (Moon Lovers...

By Riyah404

Just a continuation... More

The Empty House
Family Picture
The Handsome Doctor
The Charming Pediatrician
The Skillful Chef
First Date
The Rest of the Kims
Cosmetics and Restaurants
Games and Bullies
Confessions
Promises
Constellations
Autograph
Decisions
Dreams
The Jealous Sister
The Woman with the Headphone
Family Secret
Weird Messages
Motives
The Scar
Reasons and Excuses
Miracles
Trust Issues
Unloading
Complicated
Doubts
Tragic Pasts
Unexpected Vacation
Stressed
Horses and Snows
Vacation Plan
Gifts
Lanterns
Plaster
Confrontations
Amusement Park
Pictures, Paintings, Memories...
Career Change
Pastimes and Nuisance
What Matters Most
One Last Time
Proposals
Finding Serenity
Tying the Knot

The Private Investigators

860 30 3
By Riyah404

So Joon and Joo Hyuk were surprised when Ha Jin and Eun Ji came to their house early Sunday morning.

"What are you doing here?" So Joon asked a little conscious of himself because he had just woken up and was about to go to the bathroom when Joo Hyuk yelled his name as if there was an emergency.

He came running beside him on their front door and was shocked to see Ha Jin and Eun Ji standing there carrying a plastic full of meat, fruits, and vegetables.

Eun Ji glared at So Joon as he said, "I already told you that I also live here. Why are you always asking me?"

"I'm sorry," So Joon quickly said focusing on Ha Jin. "Why are you here with my brother?"

"Ha Jin wants to cook for our family," Eun Ji answered blinking at Ha Jin who only smiled at him. "Can we go in now? These are heavy."

"Let me help you," So Joon said carrying the bags on Ha Jin's hands.

"Did you bring ramen?" Joo Hyuk asked helping Eun Ji.

"What? You already ate all of the ramen you stocked in the cabinet?"

"There were still four left," Joo Hyuk said.

"I already prepared food for you to reheat," Eun Ji said putting the groceries over the kitchen table right beside So Joon and Ha Jin.

"I ate ramen for snack," Joo Hyuk said. "Ramen gives me inspiration."

"Fine," Eun Ji said. "Go back to your painting."

"I will," Joo Hyuk said then he looked at Ha Jin, "Do you really know how to cook?"

"Of course," Ha Jin said confidently. "I cook for my family whenever I can."

"Leave us," Eun Ji said. "Go and paint."

"Fine. I'll go now," Joo Hyuk said pulling So Joon away from the kitchen. "He needs to take a bath."

"I'll be back," So Joon said. "I also want to help."

"The ingredients will wait," Eun Ji said and So Joon went back to their room with Joo Hyuk.

^#######################################################^

"Wow, you're fast," Eun Ji said when So Joon came back after fifteen minutes. "Did you really take a bath?"

"I did," So Joon said taking a knife to help with the ingredients.

"Here," Eun Ji gave So Joon the ingredients he would peel and slice.

Watching So Joon focused intently on Eun Ji's instructions widened the smile on Ha Jin's face. He looked so innocent. It was as if Eun Ji was the oldest and not So Joon.

Eun Ji really did grow up well in this lifetime. He was not the brother that only knew how to play. He could be of more help to his brothers now, mostly to So Joon.

Ha Jin was enormously grateful that they could be normal brothers in this lifetime. They could bond on the kitchen instead of in the middle of the forest.

"I want to help too," a woman's voice had said and when Ha Jin looked at the entrance of the kitchen, she was again astounded seeing another familiar face.

It was Soon Deok.

"No, you can't!" Eun Ji strongly forbid her surprising Ha Jin and So Joon.

"Eun Ji, why are you speaking like that to her?" So Joon asked clearly not wanting Eun Ji's tone.

"You almost died because she dragged you in her job," Eun Ji said and he was suddenly that childish prince that Ha Jin knew.

"It was not because of me or the favors I asked from him," Soon Deok said.

"Stop fighting," So Joon quickly said. "I am not blaming anyone. What happened to me is an accident. Let's just forget it."

"Forget it? You..."

"Eun Ji, stop now," Ha Jin quickly said as she remembered what Joo Hyuk had told her a few days ago. So Joon was having a mental breakdown at the mention of his wound.

"But..."

"So Joon already said that we should forget what happened. Let's not talk about it, okay?"

"Fine," Eun Ji said with that same disappointed expression that made Ha Jin smile.

"I'm sorry... but can I know your name? I am Ha Jin..."

"My girlfriend," So Joon quickly added making Ha Jin and Soon Deok smile.

"I am Hera," Soon Deok said standing beside Ha Jin so she could whisper to her, "I already know you."

"What?" Ha Jin was surprised.

"So Joon asked me to help him stalk you," Hera whispered sending a wide smile on Ha Jin's face.

"Can I ask you more about it later?" Ha Jin whispered back and Hera only nodded excitedly.

"Hey! What are you two whispering to each other? Ha Jin don't be too close to her. You might get hurt."

"Eun Ji, that was too much," So Joon said. "Just let them be."

"But..."

"I said let them be," So Joon said. "Are we going to cook or not?"

"Fine," Eun Ji said with another disappointed sigh. "Let's just cook."

"And let Hera help."

"Fine," Eun Ji said glaring at Hera. "She has no talent in cooking. She could only help with the ingredients like you, So Joon."

"Then help me here, Hera," So Joon said giving Hera a knife.

"Don't drag my brother again to any of your business," Eun Ji warned her.

"I won't," Hera snapped at him.

Ha Jin was wondering why those two was not yet in a relationship when, back there on Goryeo, they died trying to save each other.

It was not new to Ha Jin that they were acting like that towards each other. They were always like that but in this lifetime, it seemed like they were just buddies instead of lovers.

Had they given up on each other? Did they wish that they loved another person instead?

Ha Jin felt sad if that was the case but she was still wishing that it was not, that they still love each other greatly.

She would pry about that later.

^######################################################^

"Thanks for the help, brother," Eun Ji said when they finished preparing the ingredients and began cooking. "You can wait with Joo Hyuk. We will call you once we are finished."

"Hera also helped," So Joon reminded him. "You should also thank her."

"Thank you," Eun Ji said and his expression softened a bit.

Hera only smiled and so did Ha Jin and So Joon.

"I will feed my dogs and clean them up. I'll be back once I finished," he said looking at Ha Jin.

"I will see them later," Ha Jin said reading that look on So Joon's eyes. Every time she was there, she was losing time to see his dogs because of the surprise visits from his siblings.

So Joon only nodded and was about to leave when Jung entered and embraced So Joon with tears in his eyes.

"Brother!!! You really are doing well now."

"Ji Soo, are you trying to kill So Joon? You are embracing him too tight," Eun Ji said smiling.

He let go of So Joon and examined his older brother from head to foot then he focused on the part where So Joon's wound was.

"How is..."

"I'm Ha Jin," she quickly interrupted and stood beside So Joon. "Nice to meet you, Ji Soo, right?"

She was grateful that Ji Soo was distracted for he looked at Ha Jin and smiled.

"Hmmm... you are the girl So Joon only remembers," he said. "I'm jealous, you know?"

"Sorry," Ha Jin said and Ji Soo stood beside her and put an arm around her shoulder.

"I'm just joking."

"Ha Jin is mine," So Joon said seriously.

"I know," Ji Soo said ignoring the look on his brother's face. He stood between So Joon and Ha Jin and put an arm around their shoulders. "I am your little brother. Growing up surrounded by so many brothers and only one sister is a little saddening. I also want more sister. Ha Jin, I am glad to have another sister in our family. Welcome to the Kims, sister."

Ha Jin looked at So Joon with a wide smile and he did smile back at her.

"Ji Soo, I am also glad to be your older sister but Eun Ji and I still need to cook for our lunch."

"Ah, right," he said. "I'll be with So Joon and... Hera, come with us."

"Alright," Hera said quickly walking towards Ji Soo and So Joon. "Let's help So Joon with his dogs."

"Hey! You are still helping us here, right?" Eun Ji protested and at that time Ha Jin could see that he does care for Hera more than just a friend.

"We are already finished with the ingredients, right?" Hera said raising an eyebrow.

"You... you should wash the dishes!" Eun Ji said.

"I don't like to do that," Hera said. "I like to take care of the dogs than to wash the dishes. Let's go."

"Hey!"

But Hera had already pulled So Joon and Ji Soo out of the kitchen.

"I can cook here all by myself," Ha Jin said. "The food will not taste good if you are in a bad mood. Go on and follow them."

"I'm okay," Eun Ji said taking a deep breath. "I can cook well no matter what mood I am in."

"Fine," Ha Jin said and she wanted to contain her curiosity, really. But she just could not.

"Eun Ji, you seem to like Hera," she said and to her surprise, Eun Ji seemed okay with her prying. He did not look mad only sad. "What's wrong? Why don't you pursue her?"

"I don't know," Eun Ji said and he really seemed confused. "I am happy whenever I see her, whenever she stands beside me, whenever she smiles and joke around. I like her strong personality. She was much stronger than me and I am not intimidated by it. I am sure of it. But I am embarrassed at times that when trouble arises it was her that would defend me instead of the other way around."

"Was it the reason you are hesitating to pursue her?"

"I don't know," Eun Ji said shrugging his shoulders. "I don't feel intimidated at all... but..."

"But what?" Ha Jin urged him.

"I don't know," he said again with a heavy sigh.

"You do know. You just don't want to say it."

Eun Ji let out another heavy sigh.

"We are too different from each other," he said. "She wants to go out and fight criminals while I only want to cook and stay at the kitchen. What if she got bored with me?"

"Have you ever asked her about your worries?"

Eun Ji shook his head.

"How long have you known each other?"

"Since we were children. Her parents were close friends of my parents."

"And you are close friends too, right?"

"I don't know. We are often fighting."

"But you still know each other's pain, right? What makes her happy and sad? What she hates and what she likes? You know those things about her, right?"

"I do but... is it enough?"

"You like her and you want to make her happy, right?"

Eun Ji nooded.

"That is the only important thing," Ha Jin said. "If your heart jumps with joy every time she is around you and breaks whenever she is in pain, then you should not hesitate any further. Just be honest with her. Say what is inside your heart rather than regret not doing so. Don't waste time, Eun Ji. You will not live forever and that same goes for Hera. And if you are still doubting my words, why don't you ask So Joon about it? I think he could give you the best advice."

"Even if he had forgotten a lot of things?"

"But he remembers a woman he barely knew and pursue her and the same thing goes for me. We barely knew each other but our hearts beat differently whenever we see each other, whenever we are close with each other. Go for her, Eun Ji. Don't let your worries stop you. In love, you will always lose if you are always hesitating. So just follow what your heart wants."

"What if..."

"I already told you to stop hesitating," Ha Jin said glaring at Eun Ji. "Will you regret loving someone so much? If she doesn't love you then stop but if she does then do everything you can to make her happy. Try first before you surrender."

"What? You know so much about love?" Eun Ji asked and it seemed that his worries had finally lessened.

"Before I thought that love only consists of smiles, sweet words, sweet gestures, wonderful promises... I thought those were enough for you to love one person... but true love was never like that. It is always filled with sacrifice. If you are not scared to sacrifice for her, then you really do love her but if you are always like that, frightened, hesitant, and has a lot of excuses, then you should reevaluate your heart. Maybe you don't really love her."

"I love Hera and you are right. I should stop hesitating."

"That's good," Ha Jin said patting Eun Ji's shoulder. "Good luck to you."

"Thank you, Ha Jin, not just for giving me confidence but for making my brother smile. He rarely smiles like that but after losing his memories he became a brighter person. It is frightening forgetting a lot of things but he is doing well because you are with him."

"You and the rest of your family is also with him. That is why he is smiling so happily."

"I think this is better," Eun Ji said. "I like the change in him. I should not be angry at the person who did that to him. My brother became a happier person after that accident."

"Is he a serious person before the accident?"

"He was serious, quiet, and a loner but he knew whenever we were in trouble. He was always there ready to lend a hand before we could even ask for his help. He was always like that but he would not ask us to help him back. He is really good at hiding secrets. It was as if there was a wall he was putting up whenever he has a problem. We know little about what is inside his mind and his heart. Even Joo Hyuk who is the closest to him barely knew what is going on inside of him... but that wall seemed to vanish now with his memories. I don't care much about those memories. If they make him sad then it is better for him not to remember any of it, right, Ha Jin?"

"Right," Ha Jin agreed though she was still curious about those memories that made him so sad and distant to his wonderful family. But Eun Ji was right. It was better not to remember at all if it made So Joon that sad. Some memories were better off forgotten and should be replaced with wonderful ones.

So Joon, we will not let you feel sad anymore. We will protect you from those memories. I will protect you from them.

^####################################^

So Joon watched Ji Soo and Hera feed and bathed his dogs without any problem.

"Do you feed and bathe them often?" So Joon was curious since his dogs looked very comfortable with them.

"Me, Hera, and Eun Ji do these things to these cute dogs with you, So Joon. These are one of our bonding moments. Even when you were in the hospital we continue doing these things for them so they will not miss you that much. You love these dogs like your siblings so we could not just leave them alone."

"That is why they feel so comfortable with you," So Joon said smiling as he petted each of his dogs. "Thank you for taking care of them."

Ji Soo sat beside him and patted his shoulder.

"So Joon, don't try so hard to remember," Ji Soo said with a tender smile. "There are memories worth forgetting rather than remembering. And there is something that your amnesia could do to all of us."

"What?"

"Use it to ask our family to meet often," Ji Soo said and the sadness in his eyes also painted a sad smile on So Joon.

"Do you miss our family that much?"

Ji Soo nodded.

"If I only knew that we would rarely see each other after I graduated then I would not have studied so well. I would have studied forever."

"Are you really serious with that?" Hera asked raising an eyebrow while petting Tiny in her lap.

"No. Of course I want to graduate with you," he said and it was as if he too likes Hera as much as Eun Ji does. "But mother began to chase after her dreams after I graduated and that made our family gatherings rarer than usual. But when you got into an accident, we see each other often at the hospital and everyone promised to attend the family gathering today. Just say to them that you want to see all of us every weekend. Say to them that you need us to be complete because you want to create new memories with us all of us, together."

"I don't think I can demand that from them," So Joon said. "I understand that all of you are busy..."

"It is just once a week. And you will just try. If they don't agree then make it twice a month or once but not once every blue moon."

"Okay," So Joon said smiling. "I will try."

"Thank you, brother!" Ji Soo said happily embracing his older brother.

So Joon would have asked Hera if she really did not know anything about what happened to him but since everyone was telling him that it was better for him not to remember then maybe he should stop chasing those memories.

Ji Soo might be right. There were memories worth forgetting.

^####################################^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 3.5K 20
{ UNDER MAJOR EDITING } You never know when you might fall for someone, so hard,so fast.
3.2K 63 43
Season 2
8.8K 164 13
𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗴𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗴𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘆. 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅 𝗞𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘃 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮...
17.2K 1.3K 29
This is the sequel of story Hate in heart...