Fate's Desire [Sesshomaru x R...

By jjs797

Seven years since the ending of Inuyasha The Final Act, ten years since the death of Naraku, a new adventure... More

Prologue
I: Haunted Memories
II: The Good Old Days
III: Busted
IV: Truth
V: Nightmare
VI: Abduction
VII: The Siblings
VIII: Crimson Moon
IX: Rage
X: Healing
XI: In Your Arms
XII: A New Beginning
XIII: Departure
XIV: First Encounter
XV: The Village of Sorrows
XVI: Torture
XVII: Ode to Protect
XVIII: A Single Scratch
XIX: A Simple Favor
XX: Alexander vs. Sesshomaru
XXI: Touch of Poison
XXII: Amarié
XXIV: Unmei
XXV: In Remembrance
XXVI: The Saber of the Three Worlds
XXVII: Bleeding Forest
XXVIII: Anger
XXIX: Vision
XXX: Fate
XXXI: Training
XXXII: Blood and Weakness
XXXIII: A Mother's Love
XXXIV: To Give and to Take Away
XXXV: Gift of Darkness
XXXVI: Touch of Death
XXXVII: Death's Deal
XXXVIII: Temple of Amaterasu

XXIII: Drugged

2.9K 130 41
By jjs797

not edited from this point on unless indicated otherwise - 1/15/20

I was woken up by a gentle shake on my shoulder. My eyes opened in an instant as I tried to push away this hand that was waking me.

It was a little girl, no more than 10 years old, her hair pinned back, a focused expression on her face as she watched me.

She pressed her hand against my face, sending a cooling sensation throughout my body.

The little girl then withdrew her hand from my face, before standing up and walking out of the room.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position, trying to ignore the fact that that was very creepy. My entire body was sore, like I had been working it out non stop for a week straight.

I stood up onto my feet, taking a few seconds to find my balance. I walked slowly to the closet at the other end of the room, not wanting to go out in just a black top and matching black shorts.

I slid the closet open, only to find a thin black robe.

Oh well. It'll do.

After slipping it on my body, I made my way to the door, my footing off as I wobbled back and forth.

I blinked rapidly to try and clear some of this drowsiness, reaching the door handle as I slid it open.

I thought I recognized this place. This is Alexander's place.

But why are we back here?

The last thing I remembered was leaving this town with Lord Sesshomaru and Master Jaken. I don't remember ever coming back here.

I released my left hand that was keeping the robe closed over the front of my body, not caring at the moment who'd see me. I used the wall for support as I made my way slowly down the corridor, trying to ease through the hall without tripping on myself.

I don't know what happened. I don't know why I'm back here. I don't know who that little girl was and why she was in my room waking me up, but I knew one thing.

I had to find Lord Sesshomaru. He couldn't be too far from where I am. Even if we got separated, I knew he'd find me. He always finds me.

I followed the faint murmur of voices. Well, I thought they were faint but apparently I was wrong when two seconds later I barged in on a meeting.

I squinted my eyes, three figures and a smaller one coming into view.

"Rin."

The silver haired figure stood up, but he was blocked from my view when blue eyes suddenly appeared in front of me.

"You shouldn't be awake right now." Alexander's soothing voice said as he pulled me into him.

"Rin!!" Master Jaken yelled out.

I pulled myself closer into Alexander's warm body as I felt him pull my robe closed around the front of my body. Oops. I had forgotten about that.

"Lord Sesshomaru..." I muttered out breathlessly, causing Alexander to freeze against me. I reached my hand out for Lord Sesshomaru as my vision finally focused on him, as he approached me, a glint of irritation mixed with worry in his eyes.

I pried myself from Alexander, reaching out for Sesshomaru with my right hand, not caring that my robe had loosened once again.

I shivered at his touch when he grabbed my hand, pulling me into his chest.

I relaxed against him as we stayed in this embrace for a short second before he lifted me off my feet, bringing me over to the mat he had been sitting on before laying me down gently on it.

"She shouldn't be awake, Mother." I heard Alexander speak.

I was just staring up at Lord Sesshomaru as he watched me in thought, Master Jaken's face suddenly appearing into view.

"It's possible the drugs I injected in her could have woken her up. But that's a slight possibility."

"You don't think one of your Apprentices-"

"-of course not. None of them would be too ignorant to disobey my command."

"What are we doing back here?" I decided to speak. I still felt groggy, even more groggy than I did before. It must be because Lord Sesshomaru was here.

"Your dear Lord Sesshomaru just came to seek my assistance concerning you, Rin." Alexander's mother said.

"Listen here, lady, I appreciate your help-"

"-Lady Akari. I saved your life." She interrupted me.

"By putting her life in more danger!!!" Master Jaken snapped.

I frowned in confusion.

"Don't listen to the imp. He has no idea what he's talking about." Alexander interrupted.

"Stop talking. You're all hurting my head." I said, rolling over onto my stomach, not even caring that my robe was tangling around my body.

"Were leaving." Lord Sesshomaru said. I pushed myself up, but Akari's voice stopped me.

"Rin. You have to take it easy until the medicine is fully out of your system. No sudden movements."

I rolled my eyes as I stood before her, looking down at her calm face.

I was swaying, my legs starting to feel like jello.

"What did you do to me?"

"I gave you a strong dosage of certain.. Drugs that would halt the spread of poison inside of you for a period of time."

"What? So I'm like this for however long-"

What felt like a hard punch to my stomach dropped me mid sentence as I doubled over, coughing out blood.

I could feel Lord Sesshomaru behind me, wrapping his arms around me. I tried to ignore the fact that he was touching my bare skin.

"I told you, my dear. You have to take it easy." Akari's voice was now closer.

My breathing was ragged as I met her eyes.

"The medicine you gave me before. You told me it would help me."

"You knew what you were getting yourself into, Rin." She warned me.

"You're trying to kill me. That's what you're doing!" I snapped, lunging at her.

Alexander stepped in front of her while Lord Sesshomaru held me back.

"Rin, listen to me. The drugs you're on right now.. they're making you act not like yourself." He spoke carefully.

I just watched him, admiring his attractive face.

"You know, you're really handsome." I said.

"Rin!!" Master Jaken snapped.

He blinked rapidly, taken by surprise as he just stared at me.

And then a small smile formed on his face.

Lord Sesshomaru grew tense around me, as I just remembered that he was still holding me up.

I turned my head and looked up into his emotionless gaze, as he watched me with a blank expression.

I reached my hand up slowly, cupping his face, running my thumb along his cheek bone. He remained expressionless as I continued with this gesture, pressing myself closer to him.

"Take me to my room." I said.

"Rin! Snap out of it!! When will the drugs wear off?!!" Master Jaken snapped.

"Five hours." Akari replied.

"So we have to deal with this for five hours straight?!!"

"No. It's too dangerous. You're welcome to stay here until the last bit of the drug wears off. In fact, I plead with you to stay here. She's not safe for traveling."

I was watching Lord Sesshomaru this entire time as he evenly met my gaze.

My heart skipped a beat when he brought his face closer down to mine, one of his hands moving to the small of my back.

And then I was in his arms as he turned on his heel, walking out of the room and into the hall.

I tangled my fingers in his hair, massaging the back of his head as I admired his face. I always loved the crescent moon marking on his forehead, it made his face even more beautiful than it already was.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him.

He didn't reply for a few silent moments.

"Yes."

Well, at least he was being honest.

"I'm sorry." I apologized sincerely, not under the effect of the drugs.

He only walked me back into the room I had been in before, setting me gently down on the bed. I pulled him down with me when he tried to let me go, but he was reluctant, stronger than I am.

He hovered over my body, hand on either side of my head. Lord Sesshomaru was watching me with a careful look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry i keep dragging you and Master Jaken down. I thought it would be easier by now, since I'm not that little girl I was before that always needed your saving. I guess I was wrong."

He didn't say anything; just continued to watch me.

So I kept going.

"Even though I don't know why you may be going on this journey, I assume it has to do with the saber Tatsuo had, I don't blame you if you want to drop me and leave me back at the village. In fact,-"

"I'm never leaving you again." He finally spoke,
his voice dark and mysterious, golden eyes flickering in the dim light.

I definitely was not expecting what happened after that.

He brought his lips down to mine, bringing my body up swiftly as he held me close against him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 2K 33
Seven years after Inuyasha is sealed to the tree Sesshomaru and his mate Akane marry, however Naraku in his quest for power seperates the two and Aka...
19.8K 515 20
It had been 11 years since InuYasha and the gang - with the help of Sesshomaru - defeated one of the great Inu No Taishō's enemies. During those time...
32K 783 21
Another Sesshomaru X reader story. OC belongs to me. I don't own you or the characters. Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.
245K 6.6K 37
You're a girl who grew up in a wealthy family, with a love for music and traveling. You set out to see the world, when you happen to meet Sesshomaru...